Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

For as much as I love RD, I'd have to say I love 3H's cast the most out of all of them. To the point that I genuinely cared about what ending each student got (especially in the case of certain students

Killing the other students hurt so damn much (since i did no recruit runs for all routes). Especially for those whose route i played before..

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Killing the other students hurt so damn much (since i did no recruit runs for all routes). Especially for those whose route i played before..

Yep, same here.
This was one of the reasons I didn't recruit anyone on my playthroughs, in fact.

---

Also, weird YouTube recs again, but... I don't really mind, because this music is fire:

Shrimpy's first week in 3H 

(Boy that map had me thinking like 30 Minutes each turn thanks to Thracian Dragon Squad that could one shot 75% of my party. That again Enemies were generally very strong in 3H when it came to having high ATK values. Edelgard was like my tankiest unit btw)

Spoiler

20191219_180907.jpg

Shrimpy last week in 3H

Spoiler

20200130_010150.jpg

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This was one of the reasons I didn't recruit anyone on my playthroughs, in fact.

yup. It's just feels like the intended way to play the game. That and no grinding.

...Ok now i am in the mood to replay 3H haha.

Hmm

Maybe a CF run with DLC units draft? hmmmmmm

Edited by Shrimperor

That Track sure got the ninja feeling, draggy

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

When I do play CF, I was thinking Byleth/Edelgard only. I like my solo runs, even if that isn't strictly a solo run.

..Good luck with the final boss xD

So much HP while High speed Pegasi coming from everywhere

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yup. It's just feels like the intended way to play the game. That and no grinding.

Indeed, indeed!

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Same here, kind of. xD
If I replay the game, I'll start with Blue Lions once again. I still have some classes I wanted to try out for them.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

When I do play CF, I was thinking Byleth/Edelgard only. I like my solo runs, even if that isn't strictly a solo run.

Oh, that sounds like a fun challenge!
Swordmaster Edelgard is great!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That Track sure got the ninja feeling, draggy

It does! And it's great!

Edited by DragonFlames

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I consider 3H to have the best Story and Characters by faaaaaaaaaar series wide. Only RD comes a bit close, and it has the whole blood pact thing.

But all three routes are the same thing in the beginning. Not sure i'd say that's the "best" story. 

And part 2 also has alot of reused ideas. VW and SS in particular. They needed alot more unique ideas for each story, imo. Would have been much more interesting that way. Not just storyline, gameplay wise as well. Maps are reused a ton in 3H.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Go Gremory Edelgard for Luna...

She does learn Luna, right? xD

Small Rant Why doesn't Edelgard Canon class learn magic IS WHY?

Also a combat art idea i had that i want to implement eventually.

Tree Cutter

Axe.

Reverses Terrain effect (so -avo becomes +avo) and deals effective damage to anyone on Forest Terrain. (And Maybe even remove terrain xD)

Just a thought i've been playing with hmmm

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

But all three routes are the same thing in the beginning. 

Didn't find it that troublesome. Especially since Character development is different from route to route.

And even with some of the problems 3H story had, It's way better than most other FE. Usually they barely scape the 5/10 for me when it comes to Story. There are some outliers out there, but most of the time it's ''Le bad dragon mind controlling someone''

It's why, despite hating Fates story, i don't mind it that much. Most other FE stories aren't much better. They all fall into the same traps.

Only Tellius, 3H and Berwick evade those traps. 

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Didn't find it that troublesome. Especially since Character development is different from route to route.

And even with some of the problems 3H story had, It's way better than most other FE. Usually they barely scape the 5/10 for me when it comes to Story. There are some outliers out there, but most of the time it's ''Le bad dragon mind controlling someone''

It's why, despite hating Fates story, i don't mind it that much. Most other FE stories aren't much better. They all fall into the same traps.

Only Tellius, 3H and Berwick evade those traps. 

Different meaning one character says something similar to another one from a different route, only in their words. Xd

I just find the characters to be lackluster in 3H, the supports weren't great. The character "gimmicks" are still a bit too noticeable as well. By noticeable i mean not always handled the best.

But FE8 doesn't have a dragon controlling anyone as the final boss isn't a dragon. Also, FE9/10 don't have dragons, and neither do 4/5. And no, Julius is not a dragon, and neither is Ashnard, not the real kind anyway.

Fates story isn't bad, it's characters are bad.

Edited by lightcosmo

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Go Gremory Edelgard for Luna...

She does learn Luna, right? xD

I don't remember actually, but Magic-Gard was something I wanted to try!
Maybe I'll play Crimson Flower instead. I haven't gotten that S-support with Petra yet.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Small Rant Why doesn't Edelgard Canon class learn magic IS WHY?

I agree. As it stands, her Reason talent is kinda pointless.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

everyone has atleast on of those XD

I only have the one that made me so incredibly bored I couldn’t keep playing (Echoes).

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I even failed to seperate magic avoid and physical avoid xD

You really had to hurt dodge tanks like that huh?

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

tfw you were supposed to visit grandpa in the hospital, but the doctor calls and tells you not to come, because... ???
*sigh*

I know others have said this, but the hecking ‘rona.

34 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The only students I've ever recruited were Lysithea and Marianne. I never bothered trying to recruit any others.

Why those two specifically?

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Shrimpy's first week in 3H 

(Boy that map had me thinking like 30 Minutes each turn thanks to Thracian Dragon Squad that could one shot 75% of my party. That again Enemies were generally very strong in 3H when it came to having high ATK values. Edelgard was like my tankiest unit btw)

Reveal hidden contents

20191219_180907.jpg

You played CF first?

F.

Hmm

Maybe a CF run with DLC units draft? hmmmmmm

All this reading 3H stuff has had the same effect on me. I would play CF because it’s the only I haven’t beaten on hard mode.

And I somehow still have yet to S support Dorothea

Wait what’s a draft?

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ship it! Ship it! SHIP IT!!!

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But FE8 doesn't have a dragon controlling anyone as the final boss isn't a dragon.

Same thing in a different color

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, FE9/10 don't have dragons

I said Tellius is an outlier 😛

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Julius is not a dragon,

he basically is

He is mindcontrolled by one

i hate that stuff.

And FE5 endgame ruined by Dark Cult ™️ taking the spot from the Thracian conflict.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Fates story isn't bad

Imo it is.

Just like FE1/2/3/4Gen2/5Endgame/6/7/8/10BloodPact/11/12/13/14/15.

All of them are medicore at best.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Fates story isn't bad, it's characters are bad.

All of the above are bad.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I agree. As it stands, her Reason talent is kinda pointless.

Valkyrie Edelgard for the win!

I still need to finish that game.

I am pretty late into the game, however the Map i am in has me crossing a bridge with Ballistas and Mages (with long range magic attacks) on the side...

Problem is...

Games uses an AT system, and Cavs (including Mc) have very Wait values while Mages have very low ones. Trying to cross the bridge will get my sniped by Mages and Ballista. And while i could take em out with my own Mage that has MP absord and Area L Thunder Magic, it will lead to like 5 Turns of just healing and sniping xD

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You played CF first?

F.

Yup

I played CF first, then SS, then AM and finished it with the best, VW.

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, thanks. I'm surprised it wouldn't have been something to do with axes, honestly.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why those two specifically?

I wanted to keep my marriage options open in AM. 😉

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ship it! Ship it! SHIP IT!!!

Yeah, I was thinking of it as a couple's run.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

played CF first, then SS, then AM and finished it with the best, VW.

I first played AM. Haven't played any of the others yet. xD

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Sorry!

But also kinda not, 'cause she's my least favorite in the franchise...

Heh heh...

I'll go.

I wouldn't say Mia is my least favorite character in the franchise, but I would say I'm not fond of her. A perky girl sure, but not any depth, and she is kinda mean to Largo in their support together. Characters don't need to be deep, but even so, Mia doesn't have surface charm that specifically interests me.

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait what’s a draft?

A number of players agree to split up the cast of a given game and play through it using only the characters they pick + any freebies the draft allows.

Meaning, to use 3H, if Drafter 1 picks Sylvain when their turn comes in the draft selection order, nobody else can use Sylvain on the draft without a turn penalty being inflicted for their use. Byleth would be a freebie anyone can use.

The core goal of a draft is simple, to do the best you can with what you have to work with. Because other people will be taking good characters from you during the draft process, you inherently won't have the perfect team. Ideally, you'll finish the game with the lowest turn count compared to anyone else who participated in the draft, but you absolutely don't have to.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

All of them are medicore at best.

Well, i would hope that a switch game had the capabilities to put out something with more quality than a SNES game, it would pretty pathetic otherwise. (*cough* *cough* 3H DLC waste of 30$ *cough*)

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All of the above are bad.

Its story has a pretty solid base, actually. The one dimensional characters just kill it.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, thanks. I'm surprised it wouldn't have been something to do with axes, honestly.

I tried it, because I remember on my first CF run, Edelgard ended up with like, 16 Speed, so I wanted to put her in a class that boosts Speed, hence Swordmaster.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't say Mia is my least favorite character in the franchise, but I would say I'm not fond of her. A perky girl sure, but not any depth, and she is kinda mean to Largo in their support together. Characters don't need to be deep, but even so, Mia doesn't have surface charm that specifically interests me.

Yeah, this is basically it for me. I don't dislike her, but there's very little to make me really like her either. Haven't seen the Largo support, but yeah. She's fantastic as a unit in RD though. That, at least, improves my opinion of her.

I'm more of a Marcia kind of guy.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, this is basically it for me. I don't dislike her, but there's very little to make me really like her either. Haven't seen the Largo support, but yeah. She's fantastic as a unit in RD though. That, at least, improves my opinion of her.

I'm more of a Marcia kind of guy.

That's cold...

You at least still have great taste: forgiven.