Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft. That's like saying ñ has no place if you can just use ny. Which I think that's the case in parts of Spain proper. Like with the Catalan.

Well ñ is a legitimate letter in the Spanish language.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well far for characters, Silver Snow and Verdant Wind are too similar for that to be considered “far”.

And this is why Silver Snow doesn't actually exist, it's just a myth.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not redundant. The reason ¡ and ¿ exist is that we don't change the sentence's structure. So one can't know if they're reading a question or a statement unless you have the symbol telling you beforehand. Or look ahead, but why do that when you can have a telling symbol beforehand.

I mean, you're gonna read the whole sentence anyway. Having the punctuation at the end just breaks it up nicer. Also i've seen a lot of Spanish sentences where the punctuation goes before and after the sentence so yeah, i do have to agree that it does feel a bit redundant. 

But i shouldn't be criticizing the Spanish language when English doesn't follow half of it's rules hahaha gottem.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'd say, if I ever get TH, my planned route roadmap would be CF, VW, AM, SS. As we say, "A mal paso darle prisa".

Edited by Acacia Sgt

59 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, if I ever get TH, my planned route roadmap would be CF, VW, AM, SS. As we say, "A mal paso darle prisa".

How much do you know of the plot?

If the answer is not much I wouldn’t recommend CF first...

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And they said Edelgard wasn’t recruitable.

Just now, Sooks said:

How much do you know of the plot?

If the answer is not much I wouldn’t recommend CF first...

Enough to not care of the order I do the routes. At least when it comes to "spoilers".

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

"A mal paso darle prisa".

Google Translate says this means: “At a bad pace hurry up”. Hooray!

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Enough to not care of the order I do the routes. At least when it comes to "spoilers".

Oh then yeah that’s fine.

Have fun with no reunion chapter!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Google Translate says this means: “At a bad pace hurry up”. Hooray!

Yep, which is why CF is first.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh then yeah that’s fine.

Have fun with no reunion chapter!

Yep, quite fine.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Summoners look like Nergal.

Really? I never got that impression. Mostly because Nergal looks badass, whereas summoners look like a walking bundle of robes with a stupid hat. At least their crit is pretty cool.

Neither can match Lyon though.

Spoiler

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATTTT?? Is Erika seriously about to give the guy WITH THE DEMON KING POSSESSING HIM the sacred stone??? What??? I know why people hate her now.

I don’t even 100% know that it’s a trick because I’m writing this on the text box “I... trust you, Lyon.” but like holy heck this is totally a trick Eirika what is wrong with you?

So I guess this is also how Ephraim fixes everything huh.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATTTT?? Is Erika seriously about to give the guy WITH THE DEMON KING POSSESSING HIM the sacred stone??? What??? I know why people hate her now.

I don’t even 100% know that it’s a trick because I’m writing this on the text box “I... trust you, Lyon.” but like holy heck this is totally a trick Eirika what is wrong with you?

Actually... About that last statement.

Spoiler

Ephraim charges in alone like an idiot like he's been doing all game, except in this case, it doesn't work for him. He steps on a magic trap thingamajig and gets stunned. Lyon proceeds to pick up the stone, smash it and leave.

So... Yeah. A different brand of stupid, but they're both really stupid in this scene.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Naïveté is a key aspect of Eirika's character, from what I understand. Given her sheltered upbringing, it's not surprising that she'd make a decision like that.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oi...apparently I have to do a video call for a potential remote internship.

I'm so nervous I feel like I can't think straight.

Good luck! I know you can do it!

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

If it’s any consolation, imo you’re playing on the route with by far the weakest characters and story. Well far for characters, Silver Snow and Verdant Wind are too similar for that to be considered “far”.

Yeah. I did intentionally choose VW because it is the worst route. I wanted to go VW-SS-AM-CF so I could start with the worst and work up from there.

Also, does Nader exist for a reason, or...?

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Why are you playing AM anyway? I thought you didn’t like the game.

I SPENT 525$ ON THIS GAME, IMMA FORCE MYSELF TO ENJOY IT

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Dorothea and Edelgard

Well, my four liked characters:

1. Raphael
  2. Dorothea
  3. Ignatz
  4. Hanneman's monocle

I feel like...I dunno, Edelgard has been a really terrible antagonist thus far? She totally got swept under the rug. Less than Dimitri, but still. I am 100% certain that she'll be better in AM, though.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ngl I like this scene a lot. It makes sense for Eirika as a character. The whole point of the scene is that she succumbs to her flaw, but she overcomes it later on in the game.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Meanwhile I've dropped no less than three runs because I just can't be bothered.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Naïveté is a key aspect of Eirika's character, from what I understand. Given her sheltered upbringing, it's not surprising that she'd make a decision like that.

It is pretty in-line with her character. People rag hard on her for that moment, but I think she's a fine character. Certainly better than "let me charge into places because the plot says I'm gonna win" Ephraim. I like that one as a unit, but as a character he's kinda bleh.

Incidentally, pretty sure this is a hot take these days, but... I've always found FE8 to be one of the better FE stories. It's not perfect, but the villain selection is so good (Lyon in particular is probably my favorite villain in the series), and the cast is one of my favorites. So... Yeah. There's that. It helps that the game's singular flaw is enemy quality, and the randomizer allows me to easily buff the enemies, so the 30-40 minutes of gameplay in between the plot doesn't drive me to tears, UNLIKE A CERTAIN OTHER GAME.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

This. This is one of the aspects I like about her character alot.

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

The more you think like that the less you'll enjoy it.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's also interesting how Eirika gets ragged on for her naïveté, yet Chrom gets a free pass for readily accepting a Plegian mage as his tactician with almost no questions asked.

Hm...

said plebian mage didn't go on a rampage on the whole continent.

Naivity as a character trait is fine sometimes, but not the Eirika way.

Do it the sigurd way instead

I have discovered a meme in my Berwick Ironman to surpass Dusk Charm Faye:

Dawn Charm Perceval. Even with his base wind skill, he can get 84 hit on Windstorm due to the +17 hit from Dawn Charm and +7 from Enid (3 from Charisma, 4 from support). My Perceval also got Magic his first level, so he can basically deal the same damage as Dire Thunder if all attacks connect. 

Enid failed to hit 4 magic before Chapter 9 ended, currently level 12. That means 10-1 will be the Aegina + Perceval hour. Uh oh.

Oh, and Percy got defense. Somehow. 

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The more you think like that the less you'll enjoy it.

This is very true. Forcing yourself only gets you more frustrated.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Do it the sigurd way instead

I can agree with that.

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah it does. I just realized why other people harp on her.

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, does Nader exist for a reason, or...?

Proving Claude’s heritage.

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, my four liked characters:

1. Raphael
  2. Dorothea
  3. Ignatz
  4. Hanneman's monocle

I feel like...I dunno, Edelgard has been a really terrible antagonist thus far? She totally got swept under the rug. Less than Dimitri, but still. I am 100% certain that she'll be better in AM, though.

That’s the power of Verdant Wind.

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

ngl I like this scene a lot. It makes sense for Eirika as a character. The whole point of the scene is that she succumbs to her flaw, but she overcomes it later on in the game.

I mean there’s a fine line between being naive and being very very stupid, there was a lot at stake here.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's also interesting how Eirika gets ragged on for her naïveté, yet Chrom gets a free pass for readily accepting a Plegian mage as his tactician with almost no questions asked.

Hm...

Robin?

Even Robin doesn’t know they’re a Plegian.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And thanks. The call got moved to next Tuesday, but thanks again.

I have no idea what’s being talked about but you got this!

1 minute ago, Spara said:

I have discovered a meme in my Berwick Ironman to surpass Dusk Charm Faye:

Maoza Wolf Derrick?

Just now, Spara said:

Dawn Charm Perceval.

I'm one death away from this meme. I do not want to see this meme.