Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Other way around for me lol

Attack stance is way better, especially since it ensures OHKOs

Lunatic might be different, on hard I had no trouble doing significant damage, let alone OHKOing or ORKOing, with the exception of ninja, but thanks to 1-2 range attack stance was challenging enough to use effectively on them that I didn’t really bother especially when I could just turtle.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

I thought TH was just boring..?

The more I think about it, the more angry I get. Just between the extremely underwhelming characters, awful gameplay, Claude existing, the bad execution of route split and timeskip, the monastery and me being smallbrain enough to spend 500 dollars on it make me really mad. I think it's as much how incredibly hyped up it was as it was me playing Berwick saga at the same time. I just...I really can't find anything redeeming about it at all. With PoR, I get it. The cast is quite good and the worldbuilding actually exists. I don't get why TH is so popular.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

and Neph are all one-note? Well, to each their own.

Ilyana: Likes food. There's no reason for it, she just does.

Mia: Wants to find her rival and git gud. There's no reason for it, she just does.

Nephenee: Is shy because she's a peasant. She's probably the closest of these three to being interesting, but I feel like her shyness was embellished to make her more appealing to fans.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nah, man. There's not a thing you're doing with your opinions to cause any problems at all.

I'd imagine that I'm making Acacia uncomfortable again with my roundabout arguments and bad opinions.

Okay, lesson time!

SRW Supports allow a unit to join in an attack during PP, or cover for a unit during EP. It's not RNG dependent, just if you want to toggle them On/Off for any given attack. Units can only use them X number of times each phase. Usually support levels are earned through leveling up. Depends on the system. Since in others you can buy Support levels, increasing how many times you can use them on any given phase.

Now, things might be different if the SRW game employs its squad system. Like, Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 allowed for up to four units to share the same tile. Supports still worked as usual, but now offered more flexibility over to defend someone from the squad, or the squad next tile over.

Something like that...

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

The more I think about it, the more angry I get. Just between the extremely underwhelming characters, awful gameplay

hey it's me and Cold steel saga/Modern Trails!

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, lesson time!

SRW Supports allow a unit to join in an attack during PP, or cover for a unit during EP. It's not RNG dependent, just if you want to toggle them On/Off for any given attack. Units can only use them X number of times each phase. Usually support levels are earned through leveling up. Depends on the system. Since in others you can buy Support levels, increasing how many times you can use them on any given phase.

Now, things might be different if the SRW game employs its squad system. Like, Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 allowed for up to four units to share the same tile. Supports still worked as usual, but now offered more flexibility over to defend someone from the squad, or the squad next tile over.

Something like that...

Sounds good!

I am asking because a few years ago i did play Battle Moon wars, which is SRW, but with Type-moon characters, and i remember liking that system

Edited by Father Shrimpas

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lunatic might be different, on hard I had no trouble doing significant damage, let alone OHKOing or ORKOing, with the exception of ninja, but thanks to 1-2 range attack stance was challenging enough to use effectively on them that I didn’t really bother especially when I could just turtle.

OHKOing is super needed on Lunatic thanks to some very troublesome enemy skills

and most of the time, only with Attack stance you can achieve that.

Also attack stance gives you more actions, which is something you really need

Edited by Father Shrimpas

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nephenee: Is shy because she's a peasant. She's probably the closest of these three to being interesting, but I feel like her shyness was embellished to make her more appealing to fans.

I do at least like how her character development actually sticks and she has zero problems asserting herself in Radiant Dawn, even when interacting with nobility like Lucia.

Just now, Benice said:

Well, you always do show up in the middle of an argument between me and Shrimpy...

I mean, for this particular case it's not happening. So don't worry about it.

Don't even mind you don't mind too much about PoR...

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mean, as a shy person myself, I find that to be pretty relatable, so...

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

2SQ0eJO.gif

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I need a copy of PoR and a GameCube in my hands and I need it now.

Haha.

Reminds me of this little fan art/comic I shared a while back.

505435-ilyana__2_.jpg

No matter what anyone says, ZiharkxIlyana should've been another possible pairing in RD...

At least what they do have is enough to stablish them as at least platonic life partners. I find amusement in their PoR support chain, if anything.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I mean, as a shy person myself, I find that to be pretty relatable, so...

I guess...But there's just something...I dunno, smarmy about her? Then again, I'm really smarmy, so I shouldn't judge.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I guess...But there's just something...I dunno, smarmy about her? Then again, I'm really smarmy, so I shouldn't judge.

Hm. I never found that to be the case, but hey. Everyone sees everything differently I guess.

Hm. I never found that to be the case, but hey. Everyone sees everything differently I guess.

Maybe she just feels sexualized to me? I dunno. Probably just bias against her game.

Just now, Benice said:

Maybe she just feels sexualized to me? I dunno. Probably just bias against her game.

Hm. I guess I can see that, although FE is no stranger to impractical armor design. I don't think it was intentional, tbh. Unlike Fateswakening, that is.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

"Mwahahahaha!" ~ Sima Yi and Sima Shi

I'd say, the father and sons triple "Imbecile!" they deliver to Jiang Wei in 8's Jin Hypothetical was a sight to behold.

With Ilyana it's a little different then this makes it sound. It's more that she is a bait & switch character.

The thing is, her obsession with food is actively hidden. It's not brought up in her recruitment or in the info conversation featuring her. Instead the dialog suggests that she is simply sensitive and sickly. The fact that she is actually a merciless destroyer of nourishment is only revealed in her supports and changes the context of her past scenes.

Doesn't make her a less shallow character of course. Just saying a bit more thought went into her then simply saying that she is a big eater would suggest.

Edited by BrightBow

Hm. I guess I can see that, although FE is no stranger to impractical armor design. I don't think it was intentional, tbh. Unlike Fateswakening, that is.

I think it's her personality combined with her design. People probably wouldn't abhor Camilla so much if her appearance wasn't her whole character. I'm definitely wrong, though.