• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Having to have characters adjacent to each other to take advantage of support bonuses is too awkward and usually gimps the supporting character to really be super useful, Three Houses was at least somewhat a step in the right direction by making it just be if the enemy you’re attack is in the attack range of another supported character, you get that bonus.

Also, C and B support bonuses were UNNOTICEABLE in gba era fe and A supports barely did anything. I can’t comment on FEs 9-12, but support bonuses have never felt very good. 13 and 14 have pair up, which is a whole separate can of worms, both good and bad, and afaik fe15’s don’t do anything?

Just now, Sooks said:

Also, C and B support bonuses were UNNOTICEABLE in gba era fe and A supports barely did anything. I can’t comment on FEs 9-12, but support bonuses have never felt very good. 13 and 14 have pair up, which is a whole separate can of worms, both good and bad, and afaik fe15’s don’t do anything?

Eh?! GBA FE has two +3 atk supports giving +6 total when supported. Not to mention the other stats you get.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I can’t comment on FEs 9-12, but support bonuses have never felt very good.

Someone hasn't seen Tellius' EarthxEarth in action...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

will keep it in my sight then, but it's low prio compared to other switch games i want (XB2 which i am trying to get before X-mas, Hyrule warriors for bro, Atelier Ryza, etc.)

I mean yeah, Xenoblade 2 should be higher on the priority list haha.

But yeah, TMS is mad underrated and i think more people should play it.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, but what about idols piloting a mecha?

I'm honestly not surprised lmao.

But i will echo what Shrimpy said, i did like Zombieland Saga. Even if i was disappointed that they simply used zombie as a gimmick and not as like, a genuine part of the show.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I think i already said i want the support system changed, but 3H is still stuck in the system FE6 introduced.

You are blaming the wrong game & mechanic here.

How tis it FE6's fault that the series hasn't changed? You can blame FE6 for the GBA games because it was built in that engine, but attributing the fact that no FE since FE6 has done anything new with it isn't FE6's fault because there's nothing stopping them from not using it.

If Three Houses failed to change it, that's as much Three Houses' failure as every other game that implemented it. The monastery was sort of a good idea, but they didn't do anything with it.

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Dunno about you the Bond supports in 3H (+ATK) were quite useful

Does the game explain these anywhere, actually? I'll admit that I barely paid attention after chapter 7, but I don't recall these being pointed out.

8 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

you can get up to +30 hit)

Eh, combat arts worked just fine. Maybe not on maddening, but on Hard, most of my units has some sort of easy way to dispatch assassins, be it gambits, magic, combat arts or Claude.

Speaking of, I hope the next FE goes back to HP-based combat arts. I prefer that as a risk-reward system over the durability based variant.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm honestly not surprised lmao.

It's not even the first one, hahaha.

Cross-Omega has done quite a few Idolm@ster events/inclusions.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Shrimpy is secretly Kirei. Oh boy! xD

No no.

Kirei was someone else!

I was a ''Kawaii little priest in training doing a Fate elitist impression''

xD

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

How tis it FE6's fault that the series hasn't changed? You can blame FE6 for the GBA games because it was built in that engine, but attributing the fact that no FE since FE6 has done anything new with it isn't FE6's fault because there's nothing stopping them from not using it.

Because people loved it and they stuck with it since and got more known and loved.

It's not exactly FE6's fault, but it the game that introduced the system you blame 3H for.

Atleast 3H did it the best imo.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Does the game explain these anywhere, actually?

yes, in the supports menu

Edited by Father Shrimpas

25 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I do love me some Volcens, though.

I like how I said that, forgetting that Volcens is actually one of my favorite characters in Berwick Saga. Ah, sheesh. Whatever would we do without Volcyboy.

27 minutes ago, Spara said:

In terms of character, I'd say Berwick excells at everything except the villains, who are still good, but not to the same extent as the rest of the cast or the villains of TRS. We've got a vaguely sociopathic lord, occasionally creepy but well meaning advisor with a lot of heart (he eavesdrops on people from the bushes numerous times), and the best "edgelords" by far. ("edgelords" with quotes because none of them are really edgy - Dean's a homicidal maniac, Faramir's just an asshole, and Volo is shy (Yes, he does literally loot bodies for gold. He has a good reason I promise))

Don't forget Tianna! Yes, I agree with this. Berwick's writing is overall better than TRS's, but the villains are a bit inferior, unfortunately. Well... Most of them. Volcens and the final boss are both up there, I believe.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Eh, nothing beats Arthur and Ruby's meaty +1% hit support bonus.

Don't forget Derrick getting one of the few unironically good support bonuses in the game.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Eh?! GBA FE has two +3 atk supports giving +6 total when supported. Not to mention the other stats you get.

And did you ever know how much each support gave? no. Unless you look it up online.

Not to mention you had that stupid 5 support limit.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean yeah, Xenoblade 2 should be higher on the priority list haha.

It's currently #1 on switch prio list xD

Maybe I didn’t put enough effort into utilizing gba supports...

Wait so Berwick has supports? What is that system like?

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Didn’t they have to data mine to find bond supports?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Didn’t they have to data mine to find bond supports?

no.

Bond supports were the ones giving +ATK, which you can see in the support menu

Were usually between close friends/family, and Lords/Flayn + Byleth

Edited by Father Shrimpas

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

There's a supports menu?

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Atleast 3H did it the best imo.

I disagree- Supports arrive in blocks. I feel like that if they'd had them grow at different speeds so that you don't get, like, 20 at a time, it'd be better.

Wait so Berwick has supports? What is that system like?

Passive-And almost all of them are pointless. Normally I'd get peeved if a game doesn't tell me who supports who, but they're so inisgnificant, (aside from one) that I don't care. But they exist, I guess, if you need +1 to add to your hit rate.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

I was a ''Kawaii little priest in training doing a Fate elitist impression''

Oooh!
I see! XD

---

What I heard about Danganronpa: "Danganronpa is a game that utilizes its dramatic and bleak setting to make every death have impact. It's serious business!"
What Danganronpa actually is:
QRuQQ5t.jpg

XD

This is not entirely true. It DOES give each death and case the necessary gravity... at least in the first game. The second one has a few too many jokes for my liking.
"Hey, our friend got murdered! Let's make double entendres about male genitalia!"

I still enjoy it, but this is one gripe I have with Danganronpa 2 so far.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

There's a supports menu?

yes

I feel like that if they'd had them grow at different speeds so that you don't get, like, 20 at a time, it'd be better.

No, thank you. I don't wanna wait 300 turns to get 1 support.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Cross-Omega has done quite a few Idolm@ster events/inclusions.

Namco owns both franchises so i'm also not surprised.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

It's currently #1 on switch prio list xD

Epic.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't forget Tianna! Yes, I agree with this. Berwick's writing is overall better than TRS's, but the villains are a bit inferior, unfortunately. Well... Most of them. Volcens and the final boss are both up there, I believe.

Tianna is the best NPC character in all FE/Kagasaga, by so long a distance it's not even funny. Seriously. How the fuck did they make her so amazing? I almost cried upon seeing the post-Impossible Dream scene on my second playthrough and realizing the subtext. God, that scene is amazing.

Also, Volcens and Jacharam are definitely the most compelling of the villains by far (didn't spoilertag his name because you won't know who he is until you meet him first no matter what), while Almachus is pretty funny. The rest, apart from Chaos, though, really just feel like "who?"

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

No, thank you. I don't wanna wait 300 turns to get 1 support.

That's why I prefer deployment-based supports.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

no.

Bond supports were the ones giving +ATK, which you can see in the support menu

Were usually between close friends/family, and Lords/Flayn + Byleth

You’re right, but I made an error

Yes the game tells you about the bond supports who can support, but not the ones who can’t, since they’re not in the support menu.

There's a supports menu?

You know where you go to look at supports? When you have picked a character and are looking at the rest of their supports, highlighting another character will tell you the support bonuses, under the character’s name and stuff.

When you have picked a character and are looking at the rest of their supports, highlighting another character will tell you the support bonuses, under the character’s name and stuff.

Wait wat? I'd check it out, but I don't have TH anymore.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

3H and PoR did supports the best. Meaningful convos that weren't irritating trope-fests or solely revolved around stupid jokes. RD had nice base convos as well.

5 support limit, sadly.

And growth too slow

But without those i liked what Tellius did yeah