Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't know, man. Mercedes eating cereal could become important...

That's unfortunately more exciting than what happens in her support with Cyril...

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Benice said:

To me, that's a massive waste of time. Especially in the context of supports. It's so inorganic and often the supports are really long when there's nothing going on. I wish that they'd used the monastery to have character interactions rather than a ton of supports.

Thing is, story and characters in supports are important to a lot of people in FE. Not having that would remove quite a bit of the appeal to FE in the first place.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Thing is, story and characters in supports are important to a lot of people in FE. Not having that would remove quite a bit of the appeal to FE in the first place.

There's such a thing as too much of a good thing. I'm not asking the removal of all conversations.

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

add character interaction.

Not every character interaction has to be continent changing important.

Just people living their life and interacting can be good enough for some of the interaction

This.

My favorite thing to see in anything is when characters just hang out.

It doesn't look like nobody noticed when I slightly edited Spara's post but to follow up on that, Tokyo Mirage Sessions unironically has some of the best character interactions in all of FE because a lot of the character interactions is just the characters hanging out and being friends. The text messages they send back and forth to each other? Genuinely one of my favorite parts about the game.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I don't think he's arguing for removing it, but doing it in a much more organic way than the rote C-B-A system.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

I don't think he's arguing for removing it, but doing it in a much more organic way than the rote C-B-A system.

Fair enough. I don't personally see much issue with it, but that's just me, I guess.

Edited by twilitfalchion

AAAAAH, it's here!

I still think the FMP characters piloting Voltes V is the most out-there of the cross-piloting events so far... but eh, who cares. Cross-piloting!

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Yeah, pretty much. I liked the way Berwick Saga handled character interactions a lot.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

There's such a thing as too much of a good thing. I'm not asking the removal of all conversations.

You are asking the removal of what you consider boring because it's ''unimportant''

Too many of us those unimportant and boring bits add a bit of humanization to the characters and bring them down to earth

Even if the support is just about cooking, it makes you know more about the characters

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It doesn't look like nobody noticed when I slightly edited Spara's post but to follow up on that, Tokyo Mirage Sessions unironically has some of the best character interactions in all of FE because a lot of the character interactions is just the characters hanging out and being friends. The text messages they send back and forth to each other? Genuinely one of my favorite parts about the game.

You are making a good case of TMS here

but...

you know how i think about School + Idols haha

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

As i said before, i would like the current support system completely demolished and rebuilt.

Reducing amount of supports while staying with the same system is not the way to do it

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SRW games are all about how them series crossover with each other.

Story is a big deal in these things.

Story being a big deal doesn’t mean they should have that much mandatory dialogue.

Just now, BrightBow said:

I... can't say I ever felt that Berwick Saga didn't have enough character arcs.

Although Kramer and Aegina most certainly got it rough in that regard.

Kramer's consistent, even if it's kinda dumb. I feel like Dean and Aegina had the worst luck, though both have really good scenes still.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

You are asking the removal of what you consider boring because it's ''unimportant''

Too many of us those unimportant and boring bits add a bit of humanization to the characters and bring them down to earth

Even if the support is just about cooking, it makes you know more about the characters

This is what I was trying but failing to say.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Story being a big deal doesn’t mean they should have that much mandatory dialogue.

Try condensing the story of over 10 different anime series. You'll still get a lot of dialogue to go through. And that's before you have the Cast of Anime A reacting to the story of Anime B, and even more so.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Then why not use the monastery for such interactions so that they can integrate it into the plot in tiny snippets? Three Houses could have used that to supplement the amount of supports, but instead they do practically nothing with it.

Another reason I want fewer supports is so that they can do something good with said supports in terms of gameplay; I liked FE12's A-support bonds quite a lot and would prefer seeing that over the supports which were almost unnoticeable in TH.

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

You are making a good case of TMS here

but...

you know how i think about School + Idols haha

School isn't actually there. It's mentioned here and there but the setting is not a school, i promise you.

As for idols.....i understand but keep in mind i too hate the idol genre. I genuinely think the idol genre is the worst thing to come out of anime, even more than your generic isekais and harems (note: i am fine with characters that are idols but not when idols are the main focus). And yet TMS did enough unique things with it that i was like "you know what, this is cool". Only other games that had an idol focus at least somewhat that i liked is the Azure Striker Gunvolt series because that's basically X-Men meets Mega Man.

Edited by Armagon

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Then why not use the monastery for such interactions so that they can integrate it into the plot in tiny snippets?

I think i already said i want the support system changed, but 3H is still stuck in the system FE6 introduced.

You are blaming the wrong game & mechanic here.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Another reason I want fewer supports is so that they can do something good with said supports in terms of gameplay; I liked FE12's A-support bonds quite a lot and would prefer seeing that over the supports which were almost unnoticeable in TH.

Dunno about you the Bond supports in 3H (+ATK) were quite useful, and hitting assassins and stuff always had me using supports to the max to get good hitrates (you can get up to +30 hit)

But even gameplay wise, i never liked the bonuses and how support was used since FE6 gameplay wise.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

43 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I spot the return of the greatest Flames of the greatest Dragon!

Welcome back @DragonFlames! It was lonely without ya^^

Thank you, Shrimpy!
I see you got a new name! Class changed to Priest, did ya? XD

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

School isn't actually there. It's mentioned here and there but the setting is not a school, i promise you.

As for idols.....i understand but keep in mind i too hate the idol genre. I genuinely think the idol genre is the worst thing to come out of anime, even more than your generic isekais and harems (note: i am fine with characters that are idols but not when idols are the main focus). And yet TMS did enough unique things with it that i was like "you know what, this is cool". Only other games that had an idol focus at least somewhat that i liked is the Azure Striker Gunvolt series because that's basically X-Men meets Mega Man.

I will keep it in my sight then, but it's low prio compared to other switch games i want (XB2 which i am trying to get before X-mas, Hyrule warriors for bro, Atelier Ryza, etc.)

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Became a Priest, did ya? XD

Returned to my original occupation as a priest.

Man, you just gave me memories of my Fate days haha

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Zombie land saga

Only Idol thing i liked xD

Well, also add Oshi no Ko to the list, but that one i just different than all the idol stuff you see.

It focuses on the grim reality of the life of idols and not on the dances andm usic and moe

I want it noted that I still believe 3H is poorly put together! Dont like it one bit. So 3H disliker's, we can band together! Poor story/gameplay/graphics, etc. Ah well, they cant all be winners in our eyes.