• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I don't hate the map, but it's absolutely not friendly for first time players because it's so easy to lose Leanne as any other unit who's been stuck in a trap. Since I played FE10 before 9, I wasn't aware of these traps. 

Just like......move Leanne. She's close enough to where she's not spawning in an awful spot.

I‘ve always found it odd that people act like the Nohrian army, or Corrin’s portion, are under the impression that the game wants you to believe that they never kill anyone ever when the game directly contradicts this. Or even that they never killed Hoshidans. I get that it’s part of a support conversation, but I think Corrin/Azura is popular. Anyway, in that support he says he has nightmares about all the Hoshidans he’s killed. With that exact wording.

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's been a while (I.E, like two weeks but I have no memory) so I don't remember HOW bad the scene was, but it was another fairly graphic* one if I'm not mistaken, which I very well could be.

I also like how I completely glossed over that part. I completely missed all of the things that make this game M, I guess... Selective memory is a good thing!

*Graphic as in violent, not steamy.

We might not be talking about the same scene. Unless this scene and the other one only share the character and aren’t “bad” for the same reason.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We might not be talking about the same scene.

Ah, no, we're not-The character I think we're talking about does have another scene that I'd forgotten about, though.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Unless this scene and the other one only share the character and aren’t “bad” for the same reason.

Yup.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I would consider a DW Empires, since it sounds like it'd be a good bridge between Musou and RotTK. But I don't have realistic access to any Musou Empires game at all.

Ah, that's a bit of a shame, since the sandbox-y nature of 8 Empires in particular is pretty fun, even if it does get repetitive after a while, admittedly (the definite highlight is the character creation tool. Playing around with that is a lot of fun).

I did hear 7 Empires was marginally better due to having multiple possible endings (8E only has one, which is a shame) and a hub you can actually walk around in, but I have no access to that game, as my PS3 isn't exactly in working condition. Also, 7 Empires would probably lack many of the movesets I have come to greatly love in 8 and 8 Empires (for example, Jiang Wei's Dual-Headed Trident, Xiao Qiao's Dual Fans, Sun Quan's Flame Blade, whatever Sima Shi's oversized Rapier is, and Cao Cao's General's Sword).

And I still wish we had gotten a FEW one, albeit a FEWE with a much more diverse cast than we got in the actual FEW

Fire Emblem Warriors Empires would be amazing, I agree!

I want to unify the world by force with the laughingstock of Archanea- Gra

XD

That reminds me of that one playthrough I did where my character joined forces with Ou Xing, that one guy who isn't in Dynasty Warriors 8 XL at all, and who only exists for a single paragraph in the RoTK novel. All it says about him is that he staged a rebellion in Changsha that Sun Jian put down with no effort whatsoever, and that's it. That's all the screentime he's worth (why they made him of all people one of the rulers in the historical scenarios that cover the time of the Yellow Turban Rebellion in 8E is beyond me, but hey. Memes). Granted, he might've been a bigger deal in history, but... the game doesn't mention that, not even in the officer bios in the in-game encyclopedia.

He recruited way more people than our income could handle (recruiting other officers reduces the money you earn per month, and it can go into the negatives, too... which happened), and he regularly ordered invasions on other rulers that were far beyond our strength, so we suffered more losses than needed. Needless to say, I ended up rebelling and usurping him, and I took at least two in game years after that to fix the broken mess he made.

Now, the thing in DW8E is, you have the option to replace generic, and even playable officers with your created characters (although replacing certain ones will lock you out of some event battles in the historical scenarios, because the generics have lines and roles in those (such as Hua Xiong at the Batlle of Hulao Gate)).
And this allows for all kinds of shenanigans. From genderflipping to making their appearances horrendously and hilariously ridiculous, it's all down to how seriously you want to take the game, and to how creative you want to be. Of course, I only replace the generics, but the option is there to make, for example Liu Shan a badass, muscled berserker, or Lu Bu into a cute little girl with a really squeaky voice (that will still have his theme song playing in the background when you get near her if you put his Way of Life, "Flying General", on the replacement).
And you can imagine what I did after that playthrough: I made Ou Xing's replacement as hilarious and pathetic-looking as I could, and gave him the weakest statline, fittingly titled "Simpleton".

Edited by DragonFlames

Also, good morning everyone!

Clash on the Big Bridge, eh?
That boss fight was... something in FFXII.
The music was flippin' amazing, though!

I did enjoy FFXII's soundtrack in general.
That's perhaps not exactly the most popular opinion, but I liked how non-intrusive it was. It was nice background ambience that fit the mood of areas, scenes, as well as boss battles, pretty damn well.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Still a much better fight than either Tellius bridge map.

(I'm talking FFV as someone who was put off by XII)

Eh, the FE9 bridge was a complete mess, but the FE10 bridge is actually a fun puzzle.

The FE9 holes were placed entirely randomly, but in FE10 they are placed in positions were it would make sense for there to actually be a trap. So you can actually deduce their locations.
The game also gives you two new fliers to help you to "disarm" the traps, or to just rescue drop your infantry over the barricades.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I‘ve always found it odd that people act like the Nohrian army, or Corrin’s portion, are under the impression that the game wants you to believe that they never kill anyone ever when the game directly contradicts this. Or even that they never killed Hoshidans. I get that it’s part of a support conversation, but I think Corrin/Azura is popular. Anyway, in that support he says he has nightmares about all the Hoshidans he’s killed. With that exact wording.

Oh, I do not deny that we've killed people. I just find it weird that the game can suddenly go "woop! Hold up! You didn't kill any of the relevant Hoshidans after defecting! Woop! Hold up! You didn't kill Kilma or anyone else in the Ice Tribe!" at any given time. It's weirdly inconsistent.

I just went into Bugquest, just to convince Haitaka once again. Mozu tripped and fell all over the stuff, and that somehow worked better than Azura's singing. Hilarious.

Also, I purchased a nosferatu tome with the intention to forge it, but... Okay, you're going to have to explain to me how this works, because I don't get it. Pretty sure I have 5 topaz, and on the upper right a box appears that says "5 topaz", which I assume means I need 5 topaz to forge... but I can't forge anything. I can't name anything either, and I can't find requirements for this anywhere on the screen. The smithy is, at this point in time, completely useless. Can someone explain to me why?

EDIT: Oh wait, it says right there on a big-ass box that I somehow missed. My bad, I'm blind and dumb. That explains forging, but why can't I name anything? Odin's personal skill requires that I name things! Which I find to be absolutely glorious, by the way, but I can't do it! Sorry, man, I just can't, the game won't let me!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I purchased a nosferatu tome with the intention to forge it, but... Okay, you're going to have to explain to me how this works, because I don't get it. Pretty sure I have 5 topaz, and on the upper right a box appears that says "5 topaz", which I assume means I need 5 topaz to forge... but I can't forge anything. I can't name anything either, and I can't find requirements for this anywhere on the screen. The smithy is, at this point in time, completely useless. Can someone explain to me why?

to forge you need another Nosferatu

basically:

+1: 2 of the same weapon

+2: 4 of the same weapon

etc

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

to forge you need another Nosferatu

basically:

+1: 2 of the same weapon

+2: 4 of the same weapon

etc

Yeah, I noticed the big box that explained it after I posted (see the edit?). However, I still don't get why I can't name things. Could you please explain to me what I need to do to name my nosferatu "Super Almachus snake power"? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I noticed the big box that explained it after I posted (see the edit?). However, I still don't get why I can't name things. Could you please explain to me what I need to do to name my nosferatu "Super Almachus snake power"? Thanks.

you can only name forged stuff xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

you can only name forged stuff xD

Oh. Well, Odin's shit outta luck, then.

Maybe I'll buy another thunder and name it "Super Perceval miss power", because Odin's accuracy in these first two maps has been... very Perceval.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh. Well, Odin's shit outta luck, then.

Maybe I'll buy another thunder and name it "Super Perceval miss power", because Odin's accuracy in these first two maps has been... very Perceval.

And he still has higher hit then Nyx xD

Odin is very hard to get online, but if you're lucky with him he is really good. If all else fails get his daughter, thr best maage in the game

Edited by Shrimperor

Wow, I actually slept it, even if it was for only like 30 minutes. It guess the last time I slept at daylight was about 25 years ago when I had a midday nap after the kindergarden, lol. It shows that I've to catch up some sleep. Working on my project made me think way too much. Though I think it is a for a good purpose since I can learn map designing and can improve my language skills. My dream is MarkyJoe playing it.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

gengar-sleeping-companion.original.png

Good morning/day/evening/night!

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Fire Emblem Warriors Empires would be amazing, I agree!

Alas! For now, I'm waiting for that one person on this forum to begin their Civilization V all FE mods LP. Although it won't be quite the same, because a FEWE wouldn't have Nino swarming me with WWII Bombers.

That reminds me of that one playthrough I did where my character joined forces with Ou Xing, that one guy who isn't in Dynasty Warriors 8 XL at all, and who only exists for a single paragraph in the RoTK novel. All it says about him is that he staged a rebellion in Changsha that Sun Jian put down with no effort whatsoever, and that's it. That's all the screentime he's worth (why they made him of all people one of the rulers in the historical scenarios that cover the time of the Yellow Turban Rebellion in 8E is beyond me, but hey. Memes). Granted, he might've been a bigger deal in history, but... the game doesn't mention that, not even in the officer bios in the in-game encyclopedia.

Sometimes all you need is a single line to get more than you seemingly deserve. From what I've heard through eh TV programming, the Biblical character Enoch appears in like three short lines, thats it. Didn't stop someone from later using him as the main character of an entire Apocryphal book, which has him leave his humanity and become the good old angel Megatron.

He recruited way more people than our income could handle (recruiting other officers reduces the money you earn per month, and it can go into the negatives, too... which happened), and he regularly ordered invasions on other rulers that were far beyond our strength, so we suffered more losses than needed. Needless to say, I ended up rebelling and usurping him, and I took at least two in game years after that to fix the broken mess he made.

Ah, the wonders of a historical period of pure chaos yearning for a vague idea of stability. Sounds fun, and if you wound up with wholly competent or semi-competent liege, things could feel fairly different if you didn't opt to overthrow them.

Now, the thing in DW8E is, you have the option to replace generic, and even playable officers with your created characters (although replacing certain ones will lock you out of some event battles in the historical scenarios, because the generics have lines and roles in those (such as Hua Xiong at the Batlle of Hulao Gate)).
And this allows for all kinds of shenanigans. From genderflipping to making their appearances horrendously and hilariously ridiculous, it's all down to how seriously you want to take the game, and to how creative you want to be. Of course, I only replace the generics, but the option is there to make, for example Liu Shan a badass, muscled berserker, or Lu Bu into a cute little girl with a really squeaky voice (that will still have his theme song playing in the background when you get near her if you put his Way of Life, "Flying General", on the replacement).
And you can imagine what I did after that playthrough: I made Ou Xing's replacement as hilarious and pathetic-looking as I could, and gave him the weakest statline, fittingly titled "Simpleton".

Reading this makes me think I'd show zero creativity and thus that I'd feel like I am not playing the game "right", even if I know there is no right way.

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

15ae412a294bf128f6ba7e60aa0ea8e1.gif

Mood

Your boy Shrimpy finally achieved something in life ^_^

What happened, if I may ask?

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

And he still has higher hit then Nyx xD

I don't know, might be their initial tomes, but Nyx seemed better in every single way to me.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, good morning everyone!

That boss fight was... something in FFXII.
The music was flippin' amazing, though!

I did enjoy FFXII's soundtrack in general.
That's perhaps not exactly the most popular opinion, but I liked how non-intrusive it was. It was nice background ambience that fit the mood of areas, scenes, as well as boss battles, pretty damn well.

Ey, someone has good taste!