Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, what was that cringey-ass cutscene with Hinoka? Was that really necessary? I mean, I loved it. Between Hinoka randomly jumping off the bird to play helicopter with her spear and the horrendous bit of voice acting, it gave me a good laugh. But why?

Silly Hinoka's may be, but the Camilla scene is also cringy.

But for very different reasons, partly because it's like it's being shot by a quadracopter.

Edited by Dayni

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I’m so glad I gave up the absurdity of anime for mature fantasy that is far more academically stimulating and intellectually rigorous.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

51 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Silly Hinoka's may be, but the Camilla scene is also cringy.

I mean, that one's so infamous that even I saw it, and I knew little about Fates before playing it!

Ahhhh, this is where the unorthodox sky knight Azura!Nina combination pays dividends. She singlehandedly invalidates Hinoka's gimmick, because her movement gets boosted to a whopping 14 when Hinoka does her thing, allowing her to just zoom to another dragon vein and reverse the effects. Excellent!

Also Roland one-rounds peggie knights with Durandal. It's... wonderful.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Well, that's it. I've had it for now. The map seemed easy, until I realized I've no good way to deal with Setsuna and her cronies with way too much move. But if I let Hinoka nerf their movement, the flier army will gang up on me.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not saying this map's bad. Quite the contrary, it's a fun map, much unlike the last one. I just haven't found the right way yet. I've been at it for way too long and I'm sick and tired. I'll give it a rest and come back to it later.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Check your equipment, and unlock more plans and dungeons!

From what i can tell, i've made pretty much the best equipment i can. Xd

anyways, here's my party so far:

5cb2b516732c5f0de37dceb0fd32512f.jpg

Good morning.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Please don't say things like that.

You don’t really need to use Corrin in 25.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kabbãge got one-rounded by a pegasus knight.

Just a fun fact.

Welcome to the best chapter!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not saying this map's bad. Quite the contrary, it's a fun map, much unlike the last one. I just haven't found the right way yet. I've been at it for way too long and I'm sick and tired. I'll give it a rest and come back to it later.

Congratulations on having the correct opinion.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, what was that cringey-ass cutscene with Hinoka? Was that really necessary? I mean, I loved it. Between Hinoka randomly jumping off the bird to play helicopter with her spear and the horrendous bit of voice acting, it gave me a good laugh. But why?

To show off the CGI cutscene budget, I guess.

Edited by BrightBow

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On a different note, why do people call Iago a Gharnef, again? At first I thought he'd be the "knows more than he lets on" kinda villain, but so far he just seems like a regular idiot who follows Garon just because he's an evil bastard. He doesn't even seem to really know anything about Garon's true nature. There's nothing Gharnef'ish about him. He's just kinda there to be a dick.

Both are ugly generic dark wizards. 

@Lightchao42 not sure if you've heard but Godzilla vs Kong got pushed up to March 26th.....an exact year from when it was originally supposed to release before it got pushed back to November and then May.

With two months away, we have to be getting a trailer this month. If we don't, something behind the scenes is going seriously wrong.

This is a PSA from Draggy: if you own a PS4, you owe it to yourself to play Shadow of the Colossus.

ZzyAQng.jpg

This one is my absolute favorite boss fight in the game.
Of the 16 boss fights the game has, this one stands out above all of them. For one thing... you are riding a giant bird. And it's... difficult to explain, but you can downright feel the wind as you climb around on it, and search for its weak points to stab them.
And then the music. My god!

This plays when you just see this boss sitting atop its perch as you make your way to it. And it also plays should you happen to fall off once you're on it. Which is... quite easy to do. xD
And then, once you're on the boss, this plays.
Mix that with the feeling of riding a giant freaking bird as it flies around a canyon, and you have a recipe for the ultimate hype.

Also
nml0J5d.jpg

This game is graphical perfection. It doesn't get much better than this.

And then the boss after that is...
fC2tW0S.jpg

Well, let's just say this would be f***ing terrifying in real life.

Draggy out!

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

except a weak corrin means he has to go through the hall of death and Lunge Spy Yumis and be very fast

Sure hard has no inevitable end, but it ain't a cakewalk either

I mean I focused my entire army on one side and then moved all of them to the other side on hard and still made it before 25 turns.

But then again, I had Ignatius with Lunge and not-Nyx as his mom.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

This is a PSA: if you own a PS4, you owe it to yourself to play Shadow of the Colossus.

I see!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

ZzyAQng.jpg

Of the 16 boss fights the game has, this one stands out above all of them. For one thing... you are riding a giant bird. And it's... difficult to explain, but you can downright feel the wind as you climb around on it, and search for its weak points to stab them.

This plays when you just see this boss sitting atop its perch as you make your way to it. And it also plays should you happen to fall off once you're on it. Which is... quite easy to do. xD
Mix that with the feeling of riding a giant freaking bird as it flies around a canyon, and you have a recipe for the ultimate hype.

That description sort of gives me Zelda vibes. Hmm...

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That description sort of gives me Zelda vibes. Hmm...

All you have is a sword, a horse, and a bow.
And you have to use them to take down each boss by climbing on it and hitting its weak point. The main puzzles are how you actually get onto the things, but... of course they won't just sit still and let themselves get stabbed.
V0cl8WQ.jpg
Like so.

yJohCZW.jpg

Also, in real life, you'd look at this and go "yeah, screw this. I'm out!" XD
I know I would.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But then again, I had Ignatius with Lunge and not-Nyx as his mom.

You speak as if Nyx as a mom instantly makes Iggie a shitty unit. Which it doesn't. He's straight up better than Effie in every stat except strength. Which, admittedly, is a big thing for her, since it allows her to one-shot a great deal of things. But Iggie tanks stuff like his father and deals good damage in return.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Both are ugly generic dark wizards. 

Come now, don't compare Gharnef to Iago. Say what you will about Shadow Dragon's story, but Gharnef's better than Iago by a longshot. Iago doesn't even have a friggin' purpose. Gharnef is basically the true villain of both his games.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Come now, don't compare Gharnef to Iago. Say what you will about Shadow Dragon's story, but Gharnef's better than Iago by a longshot. Iago doesn't even have a friggin' purpose. Gharnef is basically the true villain of both his games.

Iago has the important purpose of being willing to go behind Garon's back during the brief periods where Garon doesn't want Corrin killed, so we can draw out this game with more maps.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

yJohCZW.jpg

Also, in real life, you'd look at this and go "yeah, screw this. I'm out!" XD

That looks like a tiny Vah Naboris 

BotW_Divine_Beast_Vah_Naboris_28Dungeon2

Although Shadow of the Colossus came first so I guess Vah Naboris is just a giant version of whatever that thing is.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gharnef's better than Iago by a longshot. 

Yeah but it's basically trash vs garbage. There has never been a single good "dark cult leader wizard" in this entire series. Gharnef sucks, Jedah sucks, Manfory is the worst out of this archetype, Veld sucks, Nergal......is alright I guess, Lyon is good actually so I take back what I said earlier, I guess Lekain counts but he sucks, Validar sucks, Iago sucks and the Slithers suck.

Am I missing anyone?

Just now, Armagon said:

That looks like a tiny Vah Naboris 

BotW_Divine_Beast_Vah_Naboris_28Dungeon2

Although Shadow of the Colossus came first so I guess Vah Naboris is just a giant version of whatever that thing is.

I think "tiny" is relative in this case, since... the game isn't called Shadow of the "Colossus" for nothing. That screenshot has that boss quite far away still.
glQ07j4.jpg
This is the main character on its back.
And according to supplementary material, the boss in question is 82 feet (25 meters) high and 75 feet (23 meters) long. Not exactly what I'd call tiny. xD

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Lyon is good actually so I take back what I said earlier

I agree, but he's no Gharnef. Riev's the game's Gharnef. And he's a pretty standard Gharnef with some interesting details and not much else, so... I guess your argument stands.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nergal......is alright I guess

Same deal as Lyon. Nergal's not the game's Gharnef. He just happens to be a sorcerer, but he's got nothing Gharnef'ish beyond that. Not sure if there's anyone you could call a Gharnef in FE7. I guess Ephidel's kinda manipulative, but the guy's so ineffective and dies so soon and anticlimatically that I don't really want to call him a Gharnef.

Also, I don't agree. Nergal's a mess of a villain, and the translation butchering his good aspects didn't help at all.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but it's basically trash vs garbage. There has never been a single good "dark cult leader wizard" in this entire series. Gharnef sucks, Jedah sucks, Manfory is the worst out of this archetype, Veld sucks, Nergal......is alright I guess, Lyon is good actually so I take back what I said earlier, I guess Lekain counts but he sucks, Validar sucks, Iago sucks and the Slithers suck.

Nothing wrong with being a shallow evil bastards.

But even if they are simple, they still need to make sense. Some consistent goal. Iago doesn't have that. He's Garon's boot licker, but he is still willing to risk getting on his bad side trying to kill Corrin. You'd think this is a sign that he wants to overthrow Garon, but nope. Like Garon himself, all his actions are defined by the writers wanting the player to hate him, no matter how little sense it makes for him to act that way. He's a complete tool.
Gharnef and Manfroy are shallow, but they are consistent in their pursuit for power. They don't feel like their lives revolve around wanting to make the player self-insert hate them. They have bigger goals.
Plus, they are also just more respectable because of their general competence. Though poor Manfroy has of course that infamous moment of stupidity in the final chapter. Still, his schemes got the entire cast of the first generation killed, so that's got to count for something.

Edited by BrightBow

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

ZzyAQng.jpg

Ey...that looks dope.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Nothing wrong with being a shallow evil bastards.

It is when it replaces all character clashes and human responsibility with "hurr durr i am evul"

And it's one of the main reasons alot of FE stories are trash. Yeah Fates is extra Trash, but most of the others aren't much better. Atleast Fates makes up for it with better gameplay than the whole series.

The whole evil dragon cult whatever needs to completely dissappear from the series if it wants to have more than 4.5 titles with actual good stories, and even those titles still suffer from evil dragon/cult thing, just not as much as others.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It is when it replaces all character clashes and human responsibility with "hurr durr i am evul"

And it's one of the main reasons alot of FE stories are trash. Yeah Fates is extra Trash, but most of the others aren't much better

Good job skipping everything I said both about the merits of those characters, as well as how Iago plays in a different league of awful as Gharnef and Manfroy.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ey...that looks dope.

It is!
It's a rather short game, you can get through it in 5 or 6 hours if you know what you're doing, but these boss battles fill me with so much adrenaline that I can do two a day, at most. xD