Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, I've had enough of building factories badly. It's time to relieve some stress by watching Finn kill everything and take Alster back singlehandedly-- No, wait, there's bullshit plot gates in the way. Oh well.

I said it as a joke last night, but I'm legit considering having Leif use his mother's return band to ditch his group. Finn is so powerful that there's no way he can set up kills for him.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I guess it’s fe4 time.

Ayy, for me too!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wait what?

Luigi shoots a plunger to grab foes if it connects. If you try grabbing while airborne, Luigi will still shoot the plunger, but it won't grab, instead dealing minor knockback and damage. From what I've seen, it can be a legit decent move.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Smash's Luigi portrayal is weird. Why does it try to paint him as so strange?

Don't forget Brawl, where he literally weaponizes his crippling depression. That was amazing.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't care what grills be showing, all I want is their tasty hot and browned beefcakes!

That's an... interesting statement.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

Where was that mistranslation?

A fair bit of that came from the conversation she has with Dimitri in AM before the final chapters, which did not get translated accurately.

Of course the fanbase charged right in on that and other things to argue she wished to redistribute the wealth and seize the means of production.

That and she's wearing Red, of course she's a commie /s

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No that was something certain members of the community genuinely believed in.

Well, yeah.

Her being an actual communist would have changed a fair bit about her.

I am aware she wasn't within the game.

Again, if only.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I understand your take and I think it makes sense, I just don’t think it would change anything.

According to these studies: 

They kind of do, but the scientific community doesn't seem to totally agree on this, with studies suggesting that they do help and others saying that they make it worse, so we won't actually know for a while.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Can you link the test if it gives you a specific term like that? I only have my political compass lol.

I think it was in french... But I'll try. I'm about to go to Band, so it'll be a while.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The important thing is to realize and accept when you're wrong

Like when someone says that FE7 is good.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why does it try to paint him as so strange?

Because it's funny.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I thought she was meritocracy?

That is what she actually wanted but the fanbase be dumb sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Luigi shoots a plunger to grab foes if it connects. If you try grabbing while airborne, Luigi will still shoot the plunger, but it won't grab, instead dealing minor knockback and damage. From what I've seen, it can be a legit decent move.

Oh right. I forgot he could do that.

Like I knew he had the tether grab, I just forgot it had a second function.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

A fair bit of that came from the conversation she has with Dimitri in AM before the final chapters, which did not get translated accurately.

Of course the fanbase charged right in on that and other things to argue she wished to redistribute the wealth and seize the means of production.

That and she's wearing Red, of course she's a commie /s

I don’t remember her saying anything remotely close to that in that conversation.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

that were the case, Japan would have zero cases of bullying and segregation based on how strict their uniform codes are.

tbf, that's like saying that there would be no *inequality in America because they founded the country on the belief that all men are created equal. It's not perfect, but some studies suggest that it helps.

*Or male inequality, but beside the point.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

"Damn it all! I'll strangle Blume himself with my bare hands!"

...L-Leif... Leif, my boy, who hurt you? Did you lose Hicks? Oh my God, you lost Hicks, didn't you? FE4 worst timeline.

Yeah, if you thought he was pissed off in FE5, he takes it even farther in FE4. 

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Damn it all! I'll strangle Blume himself with my bare hands!"

...L-Leif... Leif, my boy, who hurt you? Did you lose Hicks? Oh my God, you lost Hicks, didn't you? FE4 worst timeline.

Not just Hicks, but everyone but Nanna and Finn. You get none of the friends you met in FE5! None!

FE4 Leif is a Leif who escaped alone

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He lost Marty, Hicks, Dalshin, Kain and Alva.

Of course he's mad.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Yeah, if you thought he was pissed off in FE5, he takes it even farther in FE4. 

Sheesh, I can see that... At first I thought it was just his face! He looks like he wants to punch someone in the face. Blume, probably.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Not just Hicks, but everyone but Nanna and Finn. You get none of the friends you met in FE5! None!

FE4 Leif is a Leif who escaped alone

Fuck...! He even lost August, even though August can't die because he's not playable. Oof!

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

He lost Marty, Hicks, Dalshin, Kain and Alva.

Of course he's mad.

Ah yes, how to forget, all the best bois.

Ahhh, the origins of the "dark mage lost his book" running gag. Present in every Kaga game from Genealogy onwards, except TearRing I think. It's as funny as it is sad. These people are in charge of troops.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Bravely Default is now Fire Emblem.

If you want to see RNG kicked up a bit, try the Gadget/Tinker in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and FFTA2.

The class's abilities are all the same, they either do something good (Haste, Barrier, healing) or try to inflict something bad (Poison, Doom, Sleep, Blind, Dispel), on either all friends or all foes. Which will it be? Totally random! Sure, you can equip anti-ailment gear to block out the bad stuff from affecting you, but Haste for doubled turn speed on every enemy? 😨

Wow, it’s been a couple minutes and we already have a fourteen year old in the army. Nice job Kaga-

....wait that’s Arden? Why does he look so, uh... constipated?

Edited by Sooks

Wow, it’s been a couple minutes and we already have a fourteen year old in the army. Nice job Kaga-

Because FE4 had to have a meme character that looks so visually unappealing compared to everyone else.

Sigurd is broken, I can tell just by looking at pursuit.

And he has two stars of authority. I uh, have no idea what that means, but it’s more than everyone else.

Just now, Sooks said:

And he has two stars of authority. I uh, have no idea what that means, but it’s more than everyone else.

Sigurd can single-handedly carry you through Gen 1, if that tells you anything.

Okay, even in a substitute run the balance of gen 2 is ridiculous. Did they seriously just give Shanan the Balmung, just like that? He has 30 speed now! He could solo all the maps from here to Hannibal - at least! At least Finn took effort to make amazing in his gen 1 time...

Wow, it’s been a couple minutes and we already have a fourteen year old in the army.

Well, technically, he's not in the army proper. He'll be your tactician for a while.

Nah, the actual 14 year old soldier will join next chapter.

Nice job Kaga-

Constipated? Son, you're looking at the face of badassery given form!

...Honestly though, Genealogy's artstyle is really funny. Everyone's hair is bigger than my future, all the old men look deformed as all hell, there's seven twins that look like they really really need to take a crap... It's wonderful, in a way.

Pretty sure one star just means he's the leader (this applies to anyone with stars), and every star from there gives the entire team 10% hit and avoid. Don't quote me on that, though, I'm not the expert here.

Just now, Sooks said:

IIRC it's + 5 hit/avo per star for each unit within three spaces.

He starts off really good, but he'll fall off eventually-for most players, it's at about ch. 6, but I hear some keep him going for longer. Still, because he's already promoted,  (Promotion doesn't reset level, btw, so the cap is just 30 and you can promote any time after lv. 20) any other unit you use will eventually surpass him.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

He starts off really good, but he'll fall off eventually-for most players, it's at about ch. 6, but I hear some keep him going for longer. Still, because he's already promoted,  (Promotion doesn't reset level, btw, so the cap is just 30 and you can promote any time after lv. 20) any other unit you use will eventually surpass him.

You had me confused in the first half, ngl. XD

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

You had me confused in the first half, ngl. XD

Well, the promotion bonuses are so busted for th oher classes that it does make a difference, to the point that even Oifey gets better 'n him.