FE Stories?

Real good - 3H, RD

Good - Berwick

2nd half ruins it - FE4

Dark cult ruins it - FE5

Bad - most of the series

Super bad - Fates

I also pretty much agree with this.

Well, Berwick notwithstanding, although the story seems very interesting.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

You can get Nosferatu even if you choose Johan, just let the enemies seize his castle.

I know, and that's what i did, back then, but in the end i really didn't use Johan much. Not worth all the walking around imo

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is no freakin' way I'd be able to post about a supreme challenge midway into it. My hands would be shaking to the point that earth beneath would open and split the continent I'm standing on in two.😆

HAha

For me it's a way to calm down between the sections while listening to the amazing music xD

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Rvsm33a.png

C'mon, how am I the evil guy!? Explain!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

731873657592348794.png?v=1

I'm dead.

Don't you laugh! This is serious business! I will not stand for this slander against my person! I have done nothing to deserve being the devil! Other than... Maybe those cases of turning children into serial murderers.

You know, like I'm about to do to Cairpre.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FE Stories?

Real good - 3H, RD

Good - Berwick

2nd half ruins it - FE4

Dark cult ruins it - FE5

Bad - most of the series

Super bad - Fates

Booo! Booo, Berwick best story! Booo!

Hmmm... Still, maybe I should add my to cents, considering I'm not the most story kinda guy. But first, I must have a nice conversation with Hilda, the nicest person in all of Genealogy.

In terms of FE stories for me:

Fantastic, worth playing just for the story: Berwick Saga

Really good: Sacred Stones, Thracia, Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon, Shadows of Valentia, Genealogy

Fine: Path of Radiance

HAHAHHAHA: Fates

Detracted from the game: Blazing Blade, Three Houses.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Blazing sword on decent.

Pffffft.

At least in comparison to other Fire Emblems. Only really stupid thing about FE7 is Nergal but that's most villains in this series.

Remember, in the grand scheme of things, Fire Emblem stories are above average at best. Well, maybe i'll put Radiant Dawn a bit higher out of bias. But still.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FE Stories?

Real good - 3H, RD

Good - Berwick

2nd half ruins it - FE4

Dark cult ruins it - FE5

Bad - most of the series

Super bad - Fates

Actually, speaking of the KagaSagas, i can't judge this one entirely but put Vestaria in standard FE tier. 

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

The characters are usually what make or break an FE game for me anyway. Good story's just a plus.

I would agree but most characters do not exist in Fire Emblem haha.

Still, i suppose this is reflected with my top three picks. That's not to say i don't like characters in other games but FE is a unique case where my favorite game in it doesn't neccisarily have the best cast.

If you ask me tho, the actual best cast is the TMS cast.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I’m not loosing a castle for a freaking nosferatu tome. Infantry guy who’s supposedly a good guy for life!

Actually, you get nosferatu by getting Johalvier. Nosferatu is in Isaach, Johan's castle.

Of course, if you recruit Johan you can just let Schmidt's squad capture Isaach and then recapture it from them. But then you miss Johalvier, who's cool.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

In terms of FE stories for me:

Fantastic, worth playing just for the story: Berwick Saga

Really good: Sacred Stones, Thracia, Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon, Shadows of Valentia, Genealogy

Fine: Path of Radiance

HAHAHHAHA: Fates

Detracted from the game: Blazing Blade, Three Houses.

Yes. See everyone, this is the correct list.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

C'mon, how am I the evil guy!? Explain!

It’s cause you were all like “don’t be boring! Use bad units!” Which sort of gave me that vibe, though I considered putting Benice there instead because he was all like “use the fun stalker!” In the end, vibes won out.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

That’s it..? People say this is the best story in all of Fire Emblem just because of the ending?

I mean I thought it was great, but still. If it keeps this pace it might be the best FE story even though 3H is the only other good one. But I haven’t heard great things about gen 2.

It might already be if the plot didn’t randomly flip after chapter 3.

The second gen is generally seen as a less interesting, and more standard Fire Emblem story, and from the heroe's side of things it kinda is, as the interesting parts of generation 2's story tend to be on the villains side of things...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I’ve only mentioned this once but fe4 so far has been really really good. Like, already my second favorite fe good. If it continues this way, it might usurp Three Houses.

Despite my complaints, the gameplay overall is fantastic, I just think the Kaga-ness is easy to complain about. I do love the mechanics though, like the villages, the arena and the castles. The music is awesome and the story overall is good so far (again, despite me only having said negative things, it is great). So yeah, game good, at least second favorite fe unless it pulls an Awakening. The break between gens seems like a good time to organize my thoughts.

Glad you are liking it. It has a lot of things that people dislike, but it uses that to tell an excellent story.

50 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Is Thracia 776 that bad playing blind?

As Alastor put it when he tried to blind ironman Thracia

I'm just standing here wondering how it's physically possible to create a game seemingly never intended to be played a first time.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait so how does accost work? It just says “if agile”.

If your HP is >= 25, then you have a [User’s Attack Speed – Enemy’s Attack Speed + (HP/2)]% of triggering an extra round of combat, and in the impossibly unlikely chance that it happens, it technically caps at 20 rounds of combat (you wont even get close to that, but it is technically the case...)

I will need to think for the creation of an FE story tier list, so expect one...later...

Best stories/characters: RD, 3H

Very good: PoR, FE4 (tbd but this where I have it for now), FE8, FE3B1/FE11 (barely)

Good: Pretty much every other game.

Bad: Fates Rev

My ranking.

Edited by twilitfalchion

It’s cause you were all like “don’t be boring! Use bad units!” Which sort of gave me that vibe, though I considered putting Benice there instead because he was all like “use the fun stalker!” In the end, vibes won out.

Bahahahahahah... C'mon, my advice is the best advice. Surely you must realize... You cannot win without Hannibal.

Just now, Sooks said:

Uh, so, I kinda just accidentally enemy phased Johan to death.

Yes. Correct timeline. Johalvier is now your unit of choice.

Okay, that was a nice chat we had with Hilda. Seliph has eaten enough children to promote, so now he just has to seize Chronos and then get warped back to base so he can stop being completely worthless. The rest of the children, I decided to give to Amid. Considered him and Asaello, but Asaello can do more things with his brave bow, so he can skip the promotion for the time being.

I must say, less worthless units this time around. Only Rodolbahn and Tristan are bad. Last generation I was dragging around five worthlesses by this point.

I think I'll give Genealogy a rest for tonight. I'll come up with the story tier list from a guy who doesn't care about story in FE shortly. Look forward to that. Or don't.

Ya know, me playing Mario atm, it got me thinking about ''How if FE got some Ninty design philosphy in it''

Ie, Maps will mostly different, and challenge comes from new fun mechanics introduced each level, and the difficulty starts late game + hell-ish post game stuff and a final post game map the hardest thing you can imagine

Hmmm...

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bahahahahahah... C'mon, my advice is the best advice. Surely you must realize... You cannot win without Hannibal.

You’re trying to corrupt me with bad units.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. Correct timeline. Johalvier is now your unit of choice.

Thanks for the tip, I just recruited him and I unironically like him.

Oh my God I just realized that Lana has 56 HP and 17 defense. Jesus Christ, the Arden genes are showing...!

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Good old Asaello, the hitman of Conote, showing his competence

I like him, honestly. His sister has one of my favorite portraits in the game for... not much of a reason, honestly, I just like her face. Then there's him, who looks like he's trying to mimic the face of the seven twins, but can't quite manage. Hilarious.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, me playing Mario atm, it got me thinking about ''How if FE got some Ninty design philosphy in it''

Ie, Maps will mostly different, and challenge comes from new fun mechanics introduced each level, and the difficulty starts late game + hell-ish post game stuff and a final post game map that's basically hell

Hmmm...

Soooooooo

Berwick Saga?

You’re trying to corrupt me with bad units.

C-Corrupt? Perish the thought! I am merely trying to... enlighten you.

Thanks for the tip, I just recruited him and I unironically like him.

See? See!? What did I tell you? I hope this will teach you to listen to me in the future!

See, when a man named Hannibal arrives, you must give him the leg ring, the pursuit ring, the speed ring, and all your good weapons, and then you'll unlock the secret ending.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If you ask me tho, the actual best cast is the TMS cast.

giphy.gif

Hard to beat sword lasers raining from your mouth.😛

Touma da best. Kiria, Mamori, Yashiro, Maiko, and Tiki are all great or fine. Eleonora is slightly below the big pack for some reason for me. Itsuki is basically SMT/Persona Silent MC with a tiny bit of dialogue. Tsubasa... would be better with less limelight narratively, spreading it out to the others would hide the fact she really isn't that strong a female lead. And Barry has a comical idea behind him, but leans into "middle-aged otaku" to the point it becomes creepy to some extent, so he has to finish dead last.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Ie, Maps will mostly different, and challenge comes from new fun mechanics introduced each level, and the difficulty starts late game + hell-ish post game stuff and a final post game map that's basically hell

Hmmm...

FE is Ninty, but I've played enough Mario & Zelda and the ilk that I get what you're saying.😉 It'd be worth seeing what you propose tried out in SRPG Maker

Now how would FE design philosophy in Mario work out, to flip the question. Terribly?

Again at the thunder and blue stars section after like 10 tries, let's hope i didn't get electrified again

i need to calm down and get my concentration back first xD

hJraAkI.png

Mario's main job: death

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It'd be worth seeing what you propose tried out in SRPG Maker.

you have to much faith in my imagination xd

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now how would FE design philosophy in Mario work out, to flip the question. Terribly?

Definetly not that good, i say.

Especially since alot of FE's difficulty is also frontloaded, alot of people might give up at the start before the game even starts being fun, or be dissapointed in how the difficulty goes down.

Also levels might get to repititive

Edited by Shrimperor

Here's a fun thing about Berwick: If you start Chapter 12 without ever hiring Saphira, Tianna will say to Reese when he enters the office after meeting with Roswick, "Lord Reese, have you forgotten about Sister Saphira in the abbey?"

They really want you to not miss out on Para, eh? Too bad I have to anyway. Though I'm curious to see how 12-1's dialogue will change if Saphira doesn't have her same connection to Reese.