• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Well, he is the “brother” of a waifu.

Yes, loli 2: fish boogaloo.

I never used her.

I meant that using Seteth won’t get you punished in chapter 13.

Oh.

Jeritza is one of the best units.

I wouldn't know, never got to use him.

Is there a permadeath rant coming?

Not really, others have said what I feel about it better than I ever could.

I'll just say, I really hope they stop with their refusal to put prepromotes in the games. Prepromotes are awesome, but Three Houses only gives you Catherine, Shamir, Alois, Seteth and Gilbert/Jeritza/absolutely nobody in Claude's shitty route. That's just not nice.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll just say, I really hope they stop with their refusal to put prepromotes in the games. Prepromotes are awesome, but Three Houses only gives you Catherine, Shamir, Alois, Seteth and Gilbert/Jeritza/absolutely nobody in Claude's shitty route. That's just not nice.

The structure of the game is built around growing your units.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Also, i know they aren't actually saying it but one of the lines in the song sounds like it's saying "the fucking rhythm".

Neither Chaotic Dance has lyrics, contrary to the "I'm feeling gaaaaay" jokes people make of the original one. They're purely random nonsense voice clips.

I'm impressed that Chaotic Dance 2 is more chaotic than the first, it's like they realized the first was weird, and doubled-down on that. I'm fond of the part where the lead "voice" starts talking over itself, as if it had cloned itself and the clones took turns interjecting.

If the illusory dream of a third BK ever happened -there have been weirder revivals in gaming- I have a half-desire for a CD3. But then again, it'd have to live up to the expectation of the first two, and that'd be a herculean task.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Wait... how do bomb shelters exist without bombers or ICBMs to hide from? 🤔 Oh wait, it's Guillo, 'nuff said.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2877.png?width=769&height=432

One of my favorite quips!😂

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, i wanna talk about the voice acting real quick. It is a drastic improvement from Eternal Wings. I will say though that i do think Sagi's voice actor is doing the bare minimum when it comes to the delivery of lines. Feels like he's just there for the paycheck and that's it.

Milly's voice actress is doing a much better job and both of Guillo's voice actors are doing a good job as well.

I never thought of it that way before. Rerunning it in my head, I can hear what you mean. Perhaps Sagi's characterization was strong enough to overcome some of the boredom in his voice. Another factor would've been the exponential improvement from Eternal Wings, it makes a 5 sound like an 8/10.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Better yet: Emulate Smash 64 and use a keyboard to play it. The good ol' days when there were 12 characters, Luigi was a full clone of Mario, and the punching sounds were more satisfying.

Ehhhh... if I wanted to play Smash on a keyboard, I'd set connect Melee to an electronic piano. Playing Smash as if I'm attempting one of Chopin's polonaises would be far more fluid fighting than pounding at a qwerty board.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do you pay for extra exp after every fight too?

Not that one (time-based event), but similar QoL stuff.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Project M got Nintendo'd though, didn't it? A shame.

The internet ensures it'll still be possible to find it if you look hard enough.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, loli 2: fish boogaloo.

I never used her.

Rescue though.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Prepromotes are awesome, but Three Houses only gives you Catherine, Shamir, Alois, Seteth and Gilbert/Jeritza/absolutely nobody in Claude's shitty route.

And it adds one on CF/AM.

The fact that 3H was designed around long term building of the students is a fact regardless of if they added a few post timeskip units (Not something I'm against). I legit doubt that one or two more units would have solved things and I wonder how viable having a dozen or so characters per route would be in a game that many already feel much should have been cut from.

I wouldn't mind if it was. I'd like to see the route system dropped and return to a multiple armies situation like RD.

Oh, and no more avatars.

Edited by twilitfalchion

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh.

I mean, none of the prepromotes in three houses are super good...

How could you forget Hanneman!? I mean, Manuela too, but for different reasons. 

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Rescue though.

How worth it is Rescue in 3H thought? It's range has been nerfed, and Warp isn't infinite like SoV. So the Rescue ferrying of Awakening and Conquest final battle, and the Silque & Faye every-turn-a-safe-assassination duo doesn't exist.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Neither Chaotic Dance has lyrics, contrary to the "I'm feeling gaaaaay" jokes people make of the original one. They're purely random nonsense voice clips.

Yeah, that makes sense. 

I mean, there are a few voice clips you can actually understand but that's about it.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Another factor would've been the exponential improvement from Eternal Wings, it makes a 5 sound like an 8/10.

Yeah, i mean, i don't think Sagi's voice actor is doing a bad job, i just think he could be doing better.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Warp isn't infinite like SoV.

Warp isn't infinite in SoV either.

I don’t feel like permadeath is going away at all though, they made 1 game where it was an after thought. 1.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How worth it is Rescue in 3H thought? It's range has been nerfed, and Warp isn't infinite like SoV. So the Rescue ferrying of Awakening and Conquest final battle, and the Silque & Faye every-turn-a-safe-assassination duo doesn't exist.

Quite worth it. Movement is movement.

>link for the assignment has been blocked by the school.

☹️

Oh well. This is what phones are for.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's not as powerful, but it can be useful in moving units forward as well. A niche use, but with Bernie (and Anna in DLC) having Rescue and Pass, they can move past a formation and get an ally past it.

It is Mag/4, so it has the same range as Warp and still has more uses, helpful for example where you're dealing with a large group and took out a more threatening unit in the group.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Warp isn't infinite in SoV either.

I meant uses, not range in this case. I get 2 Warp with a 3H Bishop, I get ♾️ Warp & Rescue uses b/c HP costs in SoV.

Sure there is the question "how many uses do you need to win a map?", but with Faye & Silque, there is no limit to spamming Warp and then magically bringing the assassin to safety.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's not as powerful, but it can be useful in moving units forward as well. A niche use, but with Bernie (and Anna in DLC) having Rescue and Pass, they can move past a formation and get an ally past it.

It is Mag/4, so it has the same range as Warp and still has more uses, helpful for example where you're dealing with a large group and took out a more threatening unit in the group.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Quite worth it. Movement is movement.

Fair point. Yet, given dedicated mages probably can't live very long on the frontline, moving them ahead, even if I intended to then move a good murderer ahead of them, it isn't as perfectly safe as Warp, or Stride. -A personal preference for perhaps excessive caution.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is definitely an innuendo.

I never noticed that one. Then again, in 2006 and for a while still thereafter, my mind was fairly pure.

As a tidbit, Magnus Pack Coupons are finite in number, found randomly hidden in the towns or obtained from little quests. Each shop has some different stuff you can get from a pack, so you may wish to save a few for later in the game.

I never actually did Magnus trading before if this conversation is alluding to that. But you can potentially get some rare and niche stuff out of it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

32 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Flayn isn't a loli.

Uhhh... How is she not? 'Cause as far as I can tell, she totally is. I didn't even mean that in a bad way, she just is. She may look a little older than the average dragon loli (like Sothis), but she very much still fits the loli bill, from where I'm standing.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The structure of the game is built around growing your units.

Classic mode clashes with that hard, though. Ironmanning Three Houses is nearly impossible.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How could you forget Hanneman!? I mean, Manuela too, but for different reasons. 

Hanneman and Manuela are not prepromotes. They may be a class tier above the basic students, but they are not on the level of the ones I described.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

don’t feel like permadeath is going away at all though, they made 1 game where it was an after thought. 1.

It's been in a steady decline of relevance since Awakening. Plus, you'll have to forgive me for worrying when the game with all of these design choices that I hate is the most popular game in the franchise, often paraded as the best FE out there.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uhhh... How is she not? 'Cause as far as I can tell, she totally is. I didn't even mean that in a bad way, she just is. She may look a little older than the average dragon loli (like Sothis), but she very much still fits the loli bill, from where I'm standing.

She just looks like a short adult to me. Her physical appearance isn't childlike at all, IMO. Nor does she act like a child, unlike Nowi.

But eh, different ways of seeing things and all.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

She just looks like a short adult to me. Her physical appearance isn't childlike at all, IMO. Nor does she act like a child, unlike Nowi.

I suppose it's once again my lower tolerance for anime rearing its ugly head. I mean, I don't even hate her or anything, she just looked pretty obviously loli to me.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How do you enjoy Berwick if you can't stomach much anime? Or is somehow mid-2000's anime stuff just an exception?

When I say "anime", I really mean "modern high school harem / hypersexualized high fantasy anime tropes." You know what I'm talking about.

As for why I refer to all of that through an extremely condescending usage of the term "anime", the reason is that I'm an asshole.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Classic mode clashes with that hard, though. Ironmanning Three Houses is nearly impossible.

Yep. However, I think permadeath is the afterthought in three houses, not uh.... whatever we were talking about.

It's been in a steady decline of relevance since Awakening.

Just because you have the option to disable it? I don’t think that makes it any less relevant. Awakening and Fates still feel very much balanced around it.

Well, Awakening does have ambush spawns. Many, many ambush spawns. But that more so just feels like every difficult about normal being thrown together with “””””hard””””” things.

Plus, you'll have to forgive me for worrying when the game with all of these design choices that I hate is the most popular game in the franchise, often paraded as the best FE out there.

Well that’s what you get for having the wrong opinion. 😜

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I suppose it's once again my lower tolerance for anime rearing its ugly head. I mean, I don't even hate her or anything, she just looked pretty obviously loli to me.

Her Byleth C and B supports swing around to her age and her battle quotes and level up quotes are things like “I am maturing at a rapid pace” and “experience feeds growth” while she’s also a dragon that’s actually 5000 (both of these things are the definition of an fe loli), which is what makes me count it.

Plus Byleth literally is forced to say that she looks younger than every other student pre-timeskip, you don’t even get the option not to. I think she’s supposed to be a loli.

She also has a monastery explore quote where she says she was a young “a very, very, very long time ago”. So yeah.

Edited by Sooks

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I meant uses, not range in this case. I get 2 Warp with a 3H Bishop, I get ♾️ Warp & Rescue uses b/c HP costs in SoV.

Sure there is the question "how many uses do you need to win a map?", but with Faye & Silque, there is no limit to spamming Warp and then magically bringing the assassin to safety.

Ah, i see what you mean now.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never actually did Magnus trading before if this conversation is alluding to that. But you can potentially get some rare and niche stuff out of it.

Yeah, it's Magnus trading. Don't know how often i'll actually do it tho.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's been in a steady decline of relevance since New Mystery.

Correction.

her battle quotes and level up quotes are things like “I am maturing at a rapid pace” and “experience feeds growth”

To be fair, in most cases the battle and level up quotes are actively detrimental to the characters. It feels like the Fates localization team wrote those, because they just zero in on one trait of the character and base all the quotes around that. It's, for example, a part of what gives Leonie her awful rep, since many of her quotes have to do with Jeralt, even though otherwise Jeralt only comes up in her Byleth supports. Heck, in some cases they don't even have anything to do with the character. Hanneman's age almost never comes up in conversation, but then in battle he's all like "AGE IS JUST A NUMBER" all the time. His quotes are more about his age than crests! How?!

Just now, Armagon said:

Correction.

What...? New Mystery had the biggest cast in the entire series! It's a great game to ironman, you have so many options! I mean, maybe not in lunatic, but still, it's a better ironman game than some of the games that came before it.