Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Thracia seems pretty decent to ironman so long as you're not playing blind.

I mean, even without that, you still have to deal with fa-fati-fatig, damn, i can't say it.

So not only do you have to make sure your units don't die, you also have to make sure they don't nope out of battle because "imma tired".

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've heard nothing but bad things about Awakening.

Awakening is fine, y'all are just mean.

• Replies 177.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, give me a break, okay? I've heard nothing but bad things about Awakening.

But you shouldn’t just assume it handles permadeath poorly! If you’re okay with ambush spawns then it’s alright at that.

What Byleth support isn't shallow? It's just characters talking their problems at a wall, then having the wall magically fix them. Even Kris offered more than that.

Unless your name is Lysithea, Hapi or Constance I wouldn’t call it magical. Who else’s problems does Byleth even fix?? I guess they have this weird magic effect on Bernadetta? But that’s not really fixing the problem...

I mean, I guess marrying Dorothea kind of fixes her problem, but that’s really self explanatory...

's a joke.

But I don’t get it.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I mean, even without that, you still have to deal with fa-fati-fatig, damn, i can't say it.

So not only do you have to make sure your units don't die, you also have to make sure they don't nope out of battle because "imma tired".

IIRC you get drinks to fix that for your best units, and stats are so low that bench for one chapter isn't a death sentence. And you have a ton of units, so there'll be space to go around.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But you shouldn’t just assume it handles permadeath poorly! If you’re okay with ambush spawns then it’s alright at that.

You know that's a correct assumption.

There are virtually no newcomers in the second half of the game, and power creep means bringing units back from the bench is virtually impossible.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

There are virtually no newcomers in the second half of the game

Child units.

, and power creep means bringing units back from the bench is virtually impossible.

Grinding.

Wait why am I defending Awakening? This is my second least favorite one!

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

IIRC you get drinks to fix that for your best units, and stats are so low that bench for one chapter isn't a death sentence. And you have a ton of units, so there'll be space to go around.

It's still bad and Thracia killed my parents, caused WWIII, and the extinction of the human race.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

Grinding.

Awakening Lunatic says hi, punches you in the gut and steals another three units.

This for the daily reminder highest difficulties are not the be all and end all. Especially if the devs messed them up, intentionally or not.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Because you get more units to replace the ones you lost, and grinding allows the weaker units to catch up so you don't have as many losses if you choose to play that way.

If we assume grinding, you can just max out any unit you want and nothing in the game can stand up to you. The entire point of an ironman is that you do not have infinite resources at your disposal.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Awakening Lunatic says hi, punches you in the gut and steals another three units.

And then Lunatic+ just factory resets your device.

Just now, Dayni said:

This for the daily reminder highest difficulties are not the be all and end all. Especially if the devs messed them up, intentionally or not.

Sorry, what does lunatic do?

And yeah, that second part is right. Don’t worry though, I won’t be defending Awakening lunatic ever.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I'm just curious why you think child units and "grinding" make the game more suited to ironman.

Child Units are your additions in the second half, who you can even save to grab until there is a death so they’ll be around your level.

Powercreep doesn’t matter when you can infinitely level your units in terms of ironmanability, although I’m not an expert on Awakening’s grinding system.

Just now, BrightBow said:

If we assume grinding, you can just max out any unit you want and nothing in the game can stand up to you. The entire point of an ironman is that you do not have infinite resources at your disposal.

If one is playing ironman, wouldn't grinding be against the rules regardless?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

You really saying this when the GameCube controller's shoulder buttons require you to push them 10 feet into the ground before the inputs are recognized?

That's the thing, you need them that way to prevent misinputs on them. 

Them being to easy to push makes accidental inputs far to often.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hot take: Project M/+ is the best Smash game. Better than Ultimate. Better than Melee.

As far as cosmetics go, heck yeah! 

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

...???
Ironmanning is just letting units die. If you’re not grinding you’re actively choosing to ignore the opportunities the game gives you to handle it’s challenges, that is your own fault.

Ironman players be like 

1*ePnBdvH0vievC9RZQaGgSw.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I guess it depends on the game.

...???
Ironmanning is just letting units die. If you’re not grinding you’re actively choosing to ignore the opportunities the game gives you to handle it’s challenges, that is your own fault.

The heck are you on about? Using the "opportunities the game gives you to handle it's challenges", the outcome is a foregone conclusion. Grind for a few hours and crush the game in 10 minutes as nothing can even scratch your guys.

That's not really a way to play a game. It's not challenging and it's most certainly not fun.

Just now, BrightBow said:

The heck are you on about? Using the "opportunities the game gives you to handle it's challenges", the outcome is a foregone conclusion. Grind for a few hours and crush the game in 10 minutes as nothing can even scratch your guys.

That's not really a way to play a game. It's not challenging and it's most certainly not fun.

Be that as it may, that means you can’t complain about its ironmanability if you’re just saying no to grinding, because apparently you can only grind for a few hours or not at all.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Idk, i think absolutely obliterating the enemy while they can't do shit to you is hilarious as fuck.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

I almost never grind in FE (only time i did was maddening 3H) but this is the first time i hear about such rule

Grinding in FE is super dumb, i agree, but it certainly makes an ironman more possible as it allows for weaker units to catch up.

At the same time you run the risk  of killing off a unit you are training lel

Be that as it may, that means you can’t complain about its ironmanability if you’re just saying no to grinding, because apparently you can only grind for a few hours or not at all.

I can't? You really seem to look at it only in regards on whether or not it's possible to Ironman the game. Which, yeah it is. The game has infinite resources. The spotpass characters can be recruited an infinite number of times too. So what? Ironmaning a game that's actually designed around it is fun. But this is just tedium.