Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

Puny mortal. This is my fourteenth play through.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DisfiguredDeepHornedtoad-max-1mb.gif

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe give it time.

But I'd rather a Steam port. The biggest tragedy: SRW games on Steam, but sadly that does have region-lock.

I meant moreso because of the weird sense that it could have seen it by now, but Persona's had a long Playstation history.

But PC should also be asked for (Though maybe ask for the PS5 updated port on PC)

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Who knows, but if you look at the Act 2 maps, its really clear that it is, as each is teaching a fairly clear and understandable lesson through the gameplay...

It's not like none of the act 1 maps teach the player anything (e.g.: the faraway cavalier is a very basic lesson on unit movement, bows are taught about in particular in Southern outpost (Not helped by their coming up in the Thief Shrine battle), but Act 2 is more clear and obvious in that regard.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Whoa, what the heck happened here?

Teehee happened.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Who knows, but if you look at the Act 2 maps, its really clear that it is, as each is teaching a fairly clear and understandable lesson through the gameplay...

I mean, SoV is one of the easiest games in the series to understand regardless.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I meant moreso because of the weird sense that it could have seen it by now, but Persona's had a long Playstation history.

But PC should also be asked for (Though maybe ask for the PS5 updated port on PC)

Well, 5 Strikers is on Switch. So again, likely a matter of time. Certainly true, but lately that exclusivity has been challenged. The Q spin-offs are for 3DS, 4 Golden is on PC now, 5 Strikers on Switch and PC, etc.

I wouldn't worry there. They wouldn't put regular P5 instead of Royal... hopefully...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

What button do i press for this?

Y. It should say "Burst" with a "Y" right next to it over the MP Gauge when you can do it.

Speaking of, what are the requirements for a Relay Combo. I've done a few but i don't know how.

You just quoted my description of one. To state again but slightly differently, it's:

• Be equipped with a Magnus that has an "R" in the upper-right corner on characters who are following up. The first character doesn't need one.
  • There must not be an enemy taking an action between the two characters. It's not a "relay" if some book smacks someone before the metaphoric baton is passed.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

What the fuck, there can be four enemies? There's never been four enemies before.

I think five enemies is the limit.

As a little tip, whereas everything in Eternal Wings was single-target, enemies as you've noticed by now are capable of hitting everyone at once in Origins. On the player side, Milly's Arabesque hits all, as does Guillo's Icefan, Levinsnake's Rise, and Empyreal Wildfire which you may have now. Milly gets one other all-targeting Special Attack later, and Guillo gets another four of them. Sagi is purely single-target.

And that’s chapter 16 cleared. I feel bad for the people who got softlocked at chapter 13, not only because of all the time they spent but it soured their opinion of a great difficulty! Maddening is really fun, these maps are great.

16 turns because I used a sort of slow strategy but this map could take longer I suppose. Cyril was MVP, first time in Three Houses history.

It was because I fed him so many kills to get him to level 30, though.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, 5 Strikers is on Switch. So again, likely a matter of time. Certainly true, but lately that exclusivity has been challenged. The Q spin-offs are for 3DS, 4 Golden is on PC now, 5 Strikers on Switch and PC, etc.

I wouldn't worry there. They wouldn't put regular P5 instead of Royal... hopefully...

Okay, that about 4 Golden on PC might actually matter, Spinoffs ending up elsewhere would be no surprise.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

16 turns because I used a sort of slow strategy but this map could take longer I suppose. Cyril was MVP, first time in Three Houses history.

First, I was way slower. I may have been a bit antsy to pull 1 monster at a time and not get the boss too early but still.

Second, I had Cyril MVP twice in Pat 1 in my Maddening run. Bows are good.

I'm a little surprised to see you as happy about it, but I did delay clearing Paralogues until before this so exp wasn't as large even with auxillary battles (again, 18 units. I was dense).

Just now, Dayni said:

Okay, that about 4 Golden on PC might actually matter, Spinoffs ending up elsewhere would be no surprise.

Maybe, but if I recall correctly, previous spinoffs remained Playstation exclusive for quite a while.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

First, I was way slower. I may have been a bit antsy to pull 1 monster at a time and not get the boss too early but still.

I just went around the monsters. The paladin ambush spawns were taking the bridge to get to my army and there was already a boss up at that section of the map I had to kill (later two), so I just took the fort and went up and cleared out that whole section, then baited the boss up to that fort (her move is enough that she can get to the first tile inside from the bridge she’s underneath) and killed her (Flayn got a lucky 4% crit, though I had a plan). The whole end section with the monsters and all the enemies was completely avoided.

Second, I had Cyril MVP twice in Pat 1 in my Maddening run. Bows are good.

I was being sarcastic, but I can imagine that being possible with point blank volley.

Yet I didn’t have Cyril til chapter 12, because Black Eagles life.

Speaking of, the fact that they withhold Catherine, Cyril, and Hilda from you never made much sense to me. Why would they be fine joining the blue lions and golden deer (except Hilda since she’s already on the deer) but then randomly draw the line with the Black Eagles? I mean, they already had Flayn join and took her away from you if you picked Crimson Flower, so why not do that with those other three? Why does Hilda even have to stay with the alliance on SS, she’s only shown to be in a retainer position to Claude after the war starts and the professor has enough sway over her to recruit her more than she wants to stay with Claude anyway, so I don’t get it.

Plus investing your lord unit and the getting locked into Silver Snow is clearly the biggest trap, so they clearly do not care about your investing in units you don’t know are temporary.

I'm a little surprised to see you as happy about it, but I did delay clearing Paralogues until before this so exp wasn't as large even with auxillary battles (again, 18 units. I was dense).

What!?

What levels were all your units? They could not have been good at all. 18 on maddening??

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I cant say I share this opinion, but glad your enjoying it!

Why, thank you! I wouldn’t expect everyone to, it’s a very particular difficulty, I feel like someone would either love it or hate it. I am in the former category, thankfully.

Onward to Fort Merceus!

Edited by Sooks

iXCaZfh.jpg
The ten~ enemies who survived: VMBlr0q.jpg

They probably should have saved that dialogue for a route map, although I guess post-timeskip doesn’t have any of those.

I can’t recall any, anyway.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was being sarcastic, but I can imagine that being possible with point blank volley.

I didn't have PBV on him, because Part 1 and he wasn't bow locked.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What!?

What levels were all your units? They could not have been good at all. 18 on maddening??

Fair is fair, it was actually 16, I just used Flayn and Cyril in part 1 and they got to 30 in Part 2 because I was being denser than even usual dense and felt I might as well.

Everyone else was at 42-43 by endgame, though again I mostly kept up with the levels of maps with grinding (but not 3 weeks in the month level)

I didn't have PBV on him, because Part 1 and he wasn't bow locked.

Oh yeah, I guess I don’t know what bow level he unlocks that at.

But no unit in this game is ever locked to a single weapon, what do you mean because he wasn’t bow locked?

Everyone else was at 42-43 by endgame, though again I mostly kept up with the levels of maps with grinding (but not 3 weeks in the month level)

That does not sound fun.

All my units are around 30 and I just have 12... I haven’t grinding because those battles provide very little exp when I could be increasing motivation or getting money from the arena instead.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh yeah, I guess I don’t know what bow level he unlocks that at.

But no unit in this game is ever locked to a single weapon, what do you mean because he wasn’t bow locked?

I wasn't only using bows on him I mean.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That does not sound fun.

All my units are around 30 and I just have 12... I haven’t grinding because those battles provide very little exp when I could be increasing motivation or getting money from the arena instead.

To be fair, it's a little easier with adjutants (effectively up to 15 units get regular and weapon exp on a map) and even in the main maps SS sadly has 1 less unit option until the end (for whatever reason).

I tended to be fine with motivation (gifts bought throughout, saved up and potentially 10 meals a week will do that anyway, if I wasn't raising ranks on Locura as I'd do otherwise (I named Byleth madness in Spanish. I know what I did)) and you do get some money from auxiliary battles, even if they don't say gold on them.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Moving to new home + cleaning old one

So tiring and awful..

Ah, got it. 

Sorry to hear your exhausted! 

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Moving to new home + cleaning old one

So tiring and awful..

Amen to that!

1 minute ago, Dayni said:
even in the main maps SS sadly has 1 less unit option until the end (for whatever reason).

Wait, really?? That sucks!

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:
I tended to be fine with motivation (gifts bought throughout, saved up and potentially 10 meals a week will do that anyway

But you have to choose to explore instead of battle to do that.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:
Locura as I'd do otherwise (I named Byleth madness in Spanish. I know what I did))

A new word for my Spanish vocabulary.

Bad news Xenoblade stans, I might have gotten a bit of a scare from the first game because of the heights involved and how far you can fall down them.

Just now, Sooks said:

But you have to choose to explore instead of battle to do that.

And again, I was working with enough units that so long as I spaced things correctly I could fill up motivation to have use for tutoring every time.

Like I said, I didn't fight every week.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, really?? That sucks!

I don't know why SS gets 11 units in maps other routes get 12 in, beyond guessing they felt the game would expect 1 less unit as your lord's in another castle.