Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The mother of all plot twists, it is.

Indeed.

Nice to know I'm not the only one here who's been pulled in.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

!!!!!!!!!!

Dope. Been keeping my eye on this for a while now.

The art direction looks fantastic, and the gameplay...hoo boy.

Edited by twilitfalchion

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah I take it back, Ruben is not a VTuber. He just simps for one.

@Benice was right that someone would get a canon waifu, just not about who.

You...! How dare you! I'm not... I'm... not...

...Crap! I must cleanse myself! Quick, what is the most western game you can come up with!?

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Should i?

It's all that remains at this point. I'd do it myself, but I'm not as well-versed in the ways of anime. Plus, me being the subject, I'd be biased, wouldn't I?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Indeed.

Honestly, I do find them rather funny. Plus, watching the entire comment section act like orangutans is interesting.

Never thought I'd see the day Ruben, even jokingly, would contemplate becoming a vtuber. That's new.

Also, Twilit, that damn meme you sent last night in that discord server... it still haunts me.

I can’t say I actually have an opinion on VTubers. This is the first time I’ve ever seen any VTuber content but if they all are so cute trying to read English then my opinion is positive.

Just now, Spara said:

Never thought I'd see the day Ruben, even jokingly, would contemplate becoming a vtuber. That's new.

Just now, Spara said:

Also, Twilit, that damn meme you sent last night in that discord server... it still haunts me.

Send.

I don't even know the context, but.

Send.

Just now, Sooks said:

I can’t say I actually have an opinion on VTubers. This is the first time I’ve ever seen any VTuber content but if they all are so cute trying to read English then my opinion is positive.

Well...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Crap! I must cleanse myself! Quick, what is the most western game you can come up with!?

x9h03TD.jpg
This is a real thing btw. We actually made an FPS to get people to join the army.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It does feel like a lot of it was designed to just stop the poor people from attending.

If you'd care for the demographic notes:

Spoiler
  1. Demography and Totals
    1. Student Demographics
      1. Prospective students who came looking for a higher education, if not always a degree, were a socially mixed lot and changed composition over the university’s formative three centuries.
      2. Initially, many were mature or novice priests, friars, and monks sent by their superiors to upgrade their skills and usefulness to the Church.
        1. Like most medieval students, they had pronounced vocational goals, even more so.
        2. Their careers began in the Church, and they wanted them to end there, albeit on the higher rungs preferment ladder than had they not the university education.
      3. The majority of students were middling-class urbanites, possessing scholastic backgrounds enabling various financial advantages over other students.
        1. These financial advantages, provided via family, sponsors, or the university itself. Paid for the relatively expensive academic course, consisting of:
          1. Room and board.
          2. Matriculation, lecture, disputation, commencement fees.
          3. Fees for membership in student “nations”.
          4. Socially and academically appropriate clothing.
          5. Books, parchment.
          6. Entertainment.
      4. As universities proliferated, they tended to recruit from the local regions rather than all of the European continent.
        1. This lowered the cost of university, due to a decline in the need to fund nations ( for the protection of foreign students and provide them with ready socialization.
      5. The growth of international credit arrangements, loans, credit notes, and currency exchanges, enabled students to study all over Europe.
      6. Earlier on, the sons of noblemen were conspicuously absent outside of Italy.
        1. But gradually, nobles were attracted to universities for at least cultural polishing and social connections.
        2. For second sons who wouldn’t inherit their father’s fief, training in careers in the Church or the law provided them with good independent incomes.
      7. Pauperes- matriculants from the poorer classes without surnames or connections.
        1. Made up 15-25% of the best-documented universities, mostly in northern Europe and the Holy Roman Empire.
        2. As there were no concerted social commitments to improving the lives of the poor students, most universities simply allowed them in without paying matriculation fees and discounted lecture fees.
          1. -But, fees were only deferred until the “onset of better fortunes” meant it was time for the now-less-poor students to pay their debts.
        3. Several Paris and Oxford & Cambridge colleges did provide endowments to provide for poor students. Particularly in the arts and theology.
        4. True paupers were given license to beg, in the spirit of mendicant friars.
      8. Many students, more than merely the poor, worked their way through college, by…
        1. Serving faculty and rich classmates.
        2. Toiling in dining halls and kitchens.
        3. Singing in local church choirs.
        4. Tutoring younger students.
        5. Gardening.
        6. Laboring in campus construction.
        7. Copying manuscript books for stationers.
    2. Population
      1. The growing popularity of education in Europe led to a proliferation of universities, but growth in student enrollments was fluctuating at best.
      2. Epidemics, war, drought, grain price increases, and competitor universities all drained student enrollment time and again.
      3. The University of Paris was initially the largest university, with perhaps 5000 students.
        1. But by 1464, its population -masters, students, and staff combined- numbered half that.
      4. At their height, Bologna, Toulouse, Avignon, and Orleans each matriculated at least 400-500 students annually.
      5. Oxford seldom exceeded 2000 students, but seldom fell below 1500.
      6. Cambridge settled around 700 students per year, never more than 1300.
      7. German universities had enrollments that numbered no more than a few hundred.

TL;DR It was mostly urbanites from the middle-ish classes ("the middle class" as we know it was created at the very end of the Middle Ages/the start of Early Modern Period). Nobles were fairly few at first, and there is no way you'd send the heir to the throne to a university, or have the headmaster be the pope.

Yes, it's 3H that made me want to read a little on the subject, to see how the real thing functioned.

My opinion on Vtubers is that I like watching clips of the funny moments but I don't know if I'd ever tune in to a full stream of theirs.

Well I don't watch a lot of streams in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

291715015000588292.png?v=1

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Look up "Korone's English". You'll find what you're looking for.

Just now, Sooks said:

x9h03TD.jpg
This is a real thing btw. We actually made an FPS to get people to join the army.

...Okay, look... I know I asked, but... not that western, okay?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

My opinion on Vtubers is that I like watching clips of the funny moments but I don't know if I'd ever tune in to a full stream of theirs.

Well I don't watch a lot of streams in the first place.

I feel mostly the same, yes.

...Wait, no, that's not allowed-- WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TODAY!?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Look up "Korone's English". You'll find what you're looking for.

I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that we both thought of the same one.

Okay, so for other weird shit, I got a good laugh out of this.

Someone at Disney did a series full of this from what I've heard and not gonna lie I'm okay falling down that rabbit hole.

Karaoke streams are what pulled me in, lol. The English streams are nice for some background noise though.

Japanese streams are really more for the immersion of hearing a native speaker as I'm learning the language. Doesn't mean I don't find them entertaining though.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that we both thought of the same one.

Her English streams are some of the most popular across both international audiences, from what I understand. Not surprised.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

feel mostly the same, yes.

291715015000588292.png?v=1291715015000588292.png?v=1291715015000588292.png?v=1

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As there were no concerted social commitments to improving the lives of the poor students, most universities simply allowed them in without paying matriculation fees and discounted lecture fees.

1. -But, fees were only deferred until the “onset of better fortunes” meant it was time for the now-less-poor students to pay their debts.

So if i understood this right, poorer folks were allowed to attend free of charge/discounted but once they became financially stable (for the times), the university would actually start charging them.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I feel mostly the same, yes.

The universe is out of balance today. Ruben subscribing to a Vtuber who likes Three Houses, Ruben agreeing with my opinion...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Okay, look... I know I asked, but... not that western, okay?

You wanted to cleanse your soul... 😈

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

A H O Y ,   C H A T

Okay, the song is legit great and I don't know how to feel about that.

Didn't that guy die to death when he tried drumming to Crazybus, though? Did someone use the Aum staff on him?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The universe is out of balance today. Ruben subscribing to a Vtuber who likes Three Houses, Ruben agreeing with my opinion...

Clearly all that's left is for you to replay Berwick Saga and enjoy it... Eh? Eh?

Just now, Sooks said:

You wanted to cleanse your soul... 😈

Yes, hence why I cannot accept your suggestion.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Send.

I don't even know the context, but.

Send.

SPOILER_avatar.jpg

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, I missed that comment, but yeah. LOL

Blurse you, Twilit!