• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, she's won now. I don't even know how I ended up here. There's 11 people watching, and I don't even speak the language, but the algorythm decided to recommend this stream to me for some ungodly reason. She tried to pronounce my username when I congratulated her on her victory. It was rather adorable.

What a weird experience it has been. Even Three Houses's presence couldn't make me angry this time. I'm just confused at the algorythm's choices...

The algorithm knows you like Fire Emblem games, but is too dumb to know which ones...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She said "thank you!" after reading my message, so I'm guessing I got the message across.

Maybe she knows a bit of English.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The algorithm knows you like Fire Emblem games, but is too dumb to know which ones...

It’s doing the big brain move of slowly getting Ruben to like the best one.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Or my language lol. I suppose I have clicked on some vtuber clips that it sent me before, so perhaps it just drew the conclusion that I'd probably like a vtuber playing FE and just went for the first one it could find?

She's on the credits now. I'm still trying to process the absurdity of it all, so I haven't left yet. Caught glimpse of a name in the credits. Apparently a man called Wendell Wong Win Qing was involved in the production of the game. I wasn't aware that the Pope made Three Houses. I mean, it has to be him, the word Win is also in the name!

Just now, Sooks said:

Sooks, I've given it four chances at this point. Each time it has only proven to be one hell of a mess. I don't think anyone can fault me for not giving it a fair shot at this point.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sooks, I've given it four chances at this point. Each time it has only proven to be one hell of a mess. I don't think anyone can fault me for not giving it a fair shot at this point.

I was joking!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe she knows a bit of English.

From what I remember English is generally taught in High School over there, so its common for Japanese people to understand some English

Naw, just the small brain move of linking Three Houses being popular with Three Houses being good.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or my language lol. I suppose I have clicked on some vtuber clips that it sent me before, so perhaps it just drew the conclusion that I'd probably like a vtuber playing FE and just went for the first one it could find?

I mean most speedruns are done on versions of games using languages the people playing, and watching don't necessarily understand for technical reasons, so most speedrunner fans must be used to not understanding languages by now 😛

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I mean most speedruns are done on versions of games using languages the people playing, and watching don't necessarily understand for technical reasons, so most speedrunner fans must be used to not understanding languages by now 😛

Still, as far as recommendations go, this was just bizarre. It wasn't as completely tone-deaf as it sometimes is, or entirely unrelated, it was just... so weird.

Oh, no. Sorry, I cannot play this one. I'm not ready to watch my boy Tomas getting eviscerated...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I love how his only reason to keep Midia alive is to get Astram's stuff in the next map.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

I love how his only reason to keep Midia alive is to get Astram's stuff in the next map.

At least they'll get to die together. It's better than what happens to them in most runs of FE12, where the man dies a horrible death in the desert of Khadein and Midia never even finds out!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's all right. Here, these are four screenshots of each game's first level.

Ashtar7u oT3cjzkdw oLcjxycfn oFnkcb1ab o

Luigi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reliable controls in my book.

Idk how often I died to that goomba in SM3, same with the Bullet Bill in SMW.

Luigi was better to use than Mario in SMW3D and he got the reward for getting the least Game Overs of all the characters (if I exclude Rosalina).

Idk what Rosalina makes her so special, can't say she's better than the others.

3 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Idk how often I died to that goomba in SM3, same with the Bullet Bill in SMW.

The SMW 1-1 Bullet Bill is just evil.

1 minute ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Luigi was better to use than Mario in SMW3D and he got the reward for getting the least Game Overs of all the characters (if I exclude Rosalina).

Eyyyyy! Love to see it. That man deserves all the love in the world.

1 minute ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Idk what Rosalina makes her so special, can't say she's better than the others.

The flip ability is broken. It does come with the drawback that it cannot be used if Rosa has a power-up. In fact, when she has a power-up Rosa is straight up worse than every other character. It's just that, well, the flip is amazing.

The SMW 1-1 Bullet Bill is just evil.

Because you tend to jump to hit the flying ? block.

Eyyyyy! Love to see it. That man deserves all the love in the world.

Yet have to play the Luigi Mansion games. I might give 3 a chance once it's up for like 40 €.

The flip ability is broken. It does come with the drawback that it cannot be used if Rosa has a power-up. In fact, when she has a power-up Rosa is straight up worse than every other character. It's just that, well, the flip is amazing.

Actually I noticed it, it's true. Though her jumping skills didn't impress me.

2 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Yet have to play the Luigi Mansion games. I might give 3 a chance once it's up for like 40 €.

I quite enjoy 3. Might be my favorite of the series, actually. The original is quite short, but it's really fun and has some surprising replay value. 2 is probably the worst, but it's still a good game. Consider them all if you can!

2 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Actually I noticed it, it's true. Though her jumping skills didn't impress me.

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, her jump height, maneuverability and speed are all the worst of any character. She's just carried by her double jump.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The flip ability is broken.

I disagree, it doesn’t increase her height or distance that much, is very awkward to use mid jump because you have to press Y (which you’d likely been holding down) and can’t be used if you have a power up.

Rosie was quite agile in Smash, so I was shocked how ponderous she was in Mario World 3D.

I just saw that the first Mansion game got a 3DS port, so I could play all three parts theoretically.

Though I would start with 3 since I could play it on TV screen.

Anyways gonna have to continue Mario World 3D, so jambuhbye.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

Seems to have some proper exploration, which was completely non-existent in the rest of the series.

The combat itself seems like it's going more and more away from LMBS and I am ok with that.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You know, at this point I'm wondering if who he's gonna bring back via the Aum Staff.

I mean, there isn't a rule that says you can't use that, right?

19 minutes ago, Spara said:

Inb4 Midia gets killed before she can recruit Astram.

"Ah well, it was inevitable".

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

2 is probably the worst, but it's still a good game.

You know, I kinda would argue 2 is the best one but I haven't played it in years so my opinion on that is outdated.

But I did like the mission structure a lot.

The vtuber from earlier just replied to a comment I left on the Three Houses speedrun. Mostly did it as a joke, I wasn't expecting her to respond to some rando commenting in a different language. She was a bit sad that I don't like Three Houses.

Then she said she likes Berwick Saga very much.

Welp. Looks like I'm subscribing, even if I don't speak the language.

Just now, Sooks said:

I disagree, it doesn’t increase her height or distance that much, is very awkward to use mid jump because you have to press Y (which you’d likely been holding down) and can’t be used if you have a power up.

Fair points, but still, if used correctly, a double jump is an incredibly powerful ability in a platformer.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know, I kinda would argue 2 is the best one but I haven't played it in years so my opinion on that is outdated.

But I did like the mission structure a lot.

I like how you'll go for the most unpopular opinions ever if it serves to contradict me

Hey, I love 2 as well. I spent so many years as a kid chasing rumors of a Luigi's Mansion 2. When it became clear that it was finally becoming a reality, I bought a 3DS solely so I could get it. I have great memories of playing online back in the day. Great game, even if most people aren't crazy about the mission structure system.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

like how you'll go for the most unpopular opinions ever if it serves to contradict me

Hey, in this case, I admitted I don't actually know if I'd feel the same way today.

Heck, I've never even played Luigi's Mansion 1.

The vtuber from earlier just replied to a comment I left on the Three Houses speedrun. Mostly did it as a joke, I wasn't expecting her to respond to some rando commenting in a different language. She was a bit sad that I don't like Three Houses.

A soul for a soul.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, the ugly side of Garreg Mach that people don't want to acknowledge. It is a sort of college, after all.

A small slice of the notes I had taken on medieval universities:

Spoiler
      1. The second offense- hazing rituals.
        1. Freshmen, called beani, or bejauni from bec-jaune -yellow beak- were subject to initiation rituals imposed by their senior classmates.
        2. Such impositions of hazing, harm, or mulcts -fines - were ancient rites of passage found in all-male groups throughout human history, “welcoming” newcomers to their misogynist, privileged, and “cultured” companies.
      2. Most hazings took the form of removing or “purifying” the freshman’s offensive goat-like features- his stench and his ugly buck teeth, horns, and beard.
        1. Freshmen were occasionally compared to worthless toads, dumb oxen, or wild boars.
        2. But, the bestial goat was the favorite analogue because of its medieval associations with physical filth, sexual lasciviousness, uncontrolled libido, peasant rusticity, and diabolically-horned Jews.
      3. The “cure” that would turn a goat into a creature fit for “polite” academic society involved the following [at least in one instance].:
        1. Symbolically sawing off his horns.
        2. Extracting his real teeth with pliers.
        3. Shaving his beard in sewer water.
        4. Applying ointments and administering pills made from horse or goat excrement.
        5. Often, this was followed by “confessing” sins ranging from theft and rape to heresy and perjury.
        6. Purchasing “penance” for the sins, often from an “abbot”, through a nice dinner and good wine for the freshman’s hazers.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hide contents
        1. Freshmen, called beani, or bejauni from bec-jaune -yellow beak- were subject to initiation rituals imposed by their senior classmates.
        2. Such impositions of hazing, harm, or mulcts -fines - were ancient rites of passage found in all-male groups throughout human history, “welcoming” newcomers to their misogynist, privileged, and “cultured” companies.
      2. Most hazings took the form of removing or “purifying” the freshman’s offensive goat-like features- his stench and his ugly buck teeth, horns, and beard.
        1. Freshmen were occasionally compared to worthless toads, dumb oxen, or wild boars.
        2. But, the bestial goat was the favorite analogue because of its medieval associations with physical filth, sexual lasciviousness, uncontrolled libido, peasant rusticity, and diabolically-horned Jews.
      3. The “cure” that would turn a goat into a creature fit for “polite” academic society involved the following [at least in one instance].:
        4. Applying ointments and administering pills made from horse or goat excrement.
        5. Often, this was followed by “confessing” sins ranging from theft and rape to heresy and perjury.
        6. Purchasing “penance” for the sins, often from an “abbot”, through a nice dinner and good wine for the freshman’s hazers.

You know, I think I was a happier man before I knew that school in the middle ages was Hell on Earth.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ruben falling into the VTuber hole?

*in Bismix voice*

What a twist!

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reveal hidden contents

So these "rituals" were not allowed (based on "second offense) but i get the feeling it wasn't enforced.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

*in Bismix voice*

What a twist!

There are only 8 Berwick Saga fans in the world, they all need to stick together if they are to survive the winter.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

*in Bismix voice*

What a twist!

I will proudly simp for a woman that plays Berwick Saga, even if I don't understand a word that she says

Just now, Armagon said:

There are only 8 Berwick Saga fans in the world, they all need to stick together if they are to survive the winter.

I hate your guts.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Armagon said:

LOL

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I will proudly simp for a woman that plays Berwick Saga, even if I don't understand a word that she says

waits until he super chats with money and a comment saying "please step on me"