• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh my lord, this world... this is gonna take forever to finish with every character.

And there are levels that are supposedly harder than these! This is not a good 100% completion requirement Nintendo.

Edited by Sooks

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Heya! What'd I miss?

Just a historic conviction in the United States I am trying to beat world , the first bonus world in 3D World, and while ordinarily this wouldn’t be too bad, I have to play every level 5 times for 100% completion... I just spent two hours on two levels.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

play every level 5 times for 100% completion... I just spent two hours on two levels.

Oof.

Hm. I'm no completionist, but maybe just play through each stage once, since they get tougher up here, then go back later?

Man, Champion's Road is gonna be a nightmare for ya...

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Hm. I'm no completionist, but maybe just play through each stage once, since they get tougher up here, then go back later?

I feel like it’s more efficient to just get all my play throughout done when I get to them because either wise I would just forget the level when I come back to it (or, not be as good because I haven’t been doing those specific jumps) and spend 30 more lives re-learning it.

I am totally going to get a game over btw.

Do you think it gets substantially harder on later that I would be better enough to make a difference when I came back?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Man, Champion's Road is gonna be a nightmare for ya...

This is the second time I’ve heard that. Still, my response is the same that it was to Ruben: 

I must join the general sentiment. Why did they scrapped that track from the game. I could understand the standard version since that one got rushed so if the song got removed for some reason but there wasn't time to add it back in, okay. But then with Greatest Hits version it's like... ??? Considering they instead remixed another song and put it there.

Sounds like someone had something against the track itself.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, he is property of Capcom, not Sega/Atlus, presumably that $10 is to cover the licensing fee. Raidou, his replacement without the DLC, is in-house.

Doesn't explain the Atlus tax though.

So do you have to have one or the other now?

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, I guess that settles one mystery down...

I don't know if you know this but this level has the track from the bonus level as it's score instead in the PAL version, similar to Evening Lake and Sorceress's lair also having the wrong tracks (Sunrise Springs and Spike's Lair here, Sunrise Springs for both in the original NTSC).

I found it weird all those years ago hearing that track I thought was from Lost Fleet in the last level, weirder that it was actually for the last level.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I must join the general sentiment. Why did they scrapped that track from the game. I could understand the standard version since that one got rushed so if the song got removed for some reason but there wasn't time to add it back in, okay. But then with Greatest Hits version it's like... ??? Considering they instead remixed another song and put it there.

Sounds like someone had something against the track itself.

Maybe they felt too spooked?

Just now, Dayni said:

I don't know if you know this but this level has the track from the bonus level as it's score instead in the PAL version, similar to Evening Lake and Sorceress's lair also having the wrong tracks (Sunrise Springs and Spike's Lair here, Sunrise Springs for both in the original NTSC).

I found it weird all those years ago hearing that track I thought was from Lost Fleet in the last level, weirder that it was actually for the last level.

Maybe they felt too spooked?

Hah, I played it back in the ol' 2000, I'm quite aware of its history by now. Both regular and Greatest Hits. Yeah, Lost Fleet having Super Bonus Worlds' track looked at least deliberate, considering they share the same minigames. Replaced with a remixed Sheila's Alp for Greatest hits was certainly a weird choice. Considering the unused track and all.

The other tracks was since, as I mentioned, the game got rushed. Sunrise Springs was assigned the Placeholder Track ID, hence why it gets played in those. At least for the Midnight Mountain worlds they assigned the Sunrise Spring level tracks. But then I guess since then they decided to remove the track, and put Super Bonus Worlds' in there.

Pft, it hardly sounds spooky.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

What would you define as the classics?

If you ask me, the classic Mario games are anything pre-GameCube.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then another version was released that included World as well, though in this case the only major change was that Luigi got his own sprites.

I believe that version also had a more modern system in place for the power ups. If you're Fire Mario, getting hit doesn't revert you to small Mario.

57 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh my lord, this world... this is gonna take forever to finish with every character.

And there are levels that are supposedly harder than these! This is not a good 100% completion requirement Nintendo.

Oh yeah, 100% 3D World is doodoo dogshit.

3D Land was a less intensive version, you had to get the golden flagpole of each level with both Mario and Luigi but that's just two characters as opposed to 3D World's five.

Flawless, the Hippogryph was battle went perfectly. I was overprepared, and this was my fourth time going through the game, but still, not a single mishap.

Four Goat Earrings equipped to make the boss's turn 1 Panic a total waste unless it went for my Botanist. The petrify infliction landed on turn 2. The Overexertion > Thunder Fist hits did over 600 damage per turn paired with Target Arrow and Volt Oiled normal attacks from my Harbinger and Rover, Bolt Smash from the Warlock, and (amazingly crappy) Volt Jars from the Botanist. Chain Blasted the Hippogryph for a total binding when the petrify wore off after several turns (which was great given it took 1 turn for one of the giant scorpions beforehand to shake it off). The binds lasted through two attempted Sky Dives, which didn't happen, and the subsequent Rests didn't last very long thanks to my sheer damage output.

I didn't keep track of how many turns the fight took, but maybe ~15 at most? -The more important thing is that the boss never hurt me once. I love it when EO lets me shut down bosses like this. Because if I hadn't, I would not have been surprised at all to see it OHKOing my Warlock and cripple everyone else. So letting me truss and slaughter the eagle-horse hybrid is fair.

And thus, the Master status is finally mine for the final time. Time to adopt the last of the Legendary Titles I haven't used, making my team distinct from the prior three runs and unleashing its full power. Looking at the skills and their numbers...

• Impact Brawler seems very SP-efficient. Titan Killer seems crazy good, 600% damage to one enemy with notably increased action speed and a mere 7 TP cost. One point in Soul Crusher for randoms will be useful. I honestly don't need any other commands right away, for maxing Fortitude for a 50% damage boost when below 50% HP can be a priority, the Impact Brawler can drop that low in a heartbeat with Overexertion and Thunder Fist. Heavenly Aid or Abyssal Killer for a charge-skill damage multiplier can come later, although I'd rather apply Overexertion to someone instead of doing that.
  • Deathguard needs Atonement for healing and Ephemeral Reap for damage, simple enough to get and master. Not sure if I should max Atonement right away, because of TP costs can be limiting on an Earthlain. Everything else will be fairly inconsequential and no big deal on when to invest.
  • Omnimancer is supremely SP-intensive. One point into each of Windstorm, Rockfall, and Earthspike. Max Reserve Magic for a good damage boost. Then it's the costly trip into Magi Mastery > Quick Chant and Focus Chant > Spread Chant to max. I've a quarter of a mind to limit Reserve Magic to a single point to get Spread Chant running sooner, but it'd be sacrificing randoms performance for boss performance, which is debatable. I think I'll ignore the exorbitant SP cost of Altar and go with the six main attack spells after that looong journey.
  • Flying Falcon needs more points in old Hawk Whistle now, and after that, I get Aerial Talons and Ice Peck to the prerequisite levels for Sky Dive, which I max for FOEs/bosses. Will it be Power Shot or Million Arrows which I use while the Hawk is prepping for Sky Dive? Million Arrows can be more than double the power with only a slightly higher TP cost, but Power Shot saves me 5 SP and doesn't require the enemy be leg-bound or paralyzed b/c Million Arrows has next to no accuracy.
  • Graced Poisoner could be as demanding of SP as the Omnimancer. The big choice I have to make is Auto-Smoke, which will cost a serious 13 SP to get. Auto-Smoke would be excellent in randoms, but means delaying my points in Smokestone and Chaos Smoke, my core shutdown skills other than Chain Blast. Status Atk Up would be helpful too.

I cherish EO's class systems.🤓

51 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So do you have to have one or the other now?

If you're not familiar with Nocturne...

• The first, original version of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (only in Japan)- No Dante, no Raidou. No Labyrinth of Amala or Fiends or anything else associated with them.
  • The second, Maniax, version of Nocturne (which everyone got)- Invents all the bonus content and features Dante. It was part of a deal with Capcom, Kazuma Kaneko of SMT fame draws some Devil Trigger forms for Dante and Virgil in DMC3, Atlus can use Dante in SMTIII.
  • The third, Chronicles, version of Nocturne (only in Japan)- The deal with Capcom had expired, so they replaced him with Raidou Kuzunoha XIV from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha XIV vs. the Soulless Army and SMTDSRKXIV vs. King Abbadon.

The HD Remaster comes with Raidou. Dante, if purchased and chosen when starting a new file, will replace Raidou.

Although their appearances, dialogue and context for showing up differ, gameplay-wise, Dante and Raidou are totally identical. They boss-fight the player the same way at the same times, and they much much later join in the same way, with the same stats, with the same-merely-renamed-and-reanimated skills.

Raidou in Chronicles got the Pierce effect added to Raidou the Aeon, his replacement for Dante's Son's Oath passive. Dante now has Pierce integrated into Son's Oath, which doesn't make a huge difference. But this does mean Dante won't be crippled by halved damage output when taking on the final boss on the True Demon Ending -if you should want to field him in it.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's Nintendo's idea of what a completion reward should be.

And it was great with Mario Kart: Double Dash!!:

600px-MKDDTitle.png600px-MKDD_Final_Title2.png

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Hmmm

I had a weird dream...

A Berwick one? but not really one as it's not a map i knew or characters i knew, but definetly Berwick gameplay...

mixed in with Conquest gameplay because there was a dragon vein on the map....

Did i dream of an Alternate reality or something? xD

6 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Ah yes, the ugly side of Garreg Mach that people don't want to acknowledge. It is a sort of college, after all.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmmm

I had a weird dream...

A Berwick one? but not really one as it's not a map i knew or characters i knew, but definetly Berwick gameplay...

mixed in with Conquest gameplay because there was a dragon vein on the map....

Did i dream of an Alternate reality or something? xD

A beautiful, beautiful reality where Kaga bought IntSys and took over the FE franchise.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, the ugly side of Garreg Mach that people don't want to acknowledge. It is a sort of college, after all.

See, that's the real reason Abyss got banished, they were able to get drugs in high supply to the students.

Course they still get stuff in after the ban though.

Youtube just recommended me the livestream of a japanese vtuber speedrunning Three Houses.

I arrived just in time to watch her waste a bunch of time because Dimitri missed a 90% one-shot on Hubert.

I don't understand a word she's saying, but wow this hurts to watch.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Weird dream? My dream was that my stepbrother came back from college with all his stuff thinking he was going to casually move into a house that didn’t have any room for him, with some woman who I didn’t know and then we told him he can’t drop out of college to move into a house there isn’t any room for him in and he was all “what was I thinking??” and then my mom came back to life to casually try to punch me before walking back to whatever she was doing and then I just knew that the woman my stepbrother brought with him was evil... somehow. But then the dream ended. They never make sense.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why does that hurt? Bad luck is bad luck, isnt it?

I mean yeah, but she was speedrunning and wasted like 30 seconds because Hubert decided he couldn't fall there. What, you thought I was dissing her gaming skills? I felt so bad for her lol

Well, she's won now. I don't even know how I ended up here. There's 11 people watching, and I don't even speak the language, but the algorythm decided to recommend this stream to me for some ungodly reason. She tried to pronounce my username when I congratulated her on her victory. It was rather adorable.

What a weird experience it has been. Even Three Houses's presence couldn't make me angry this time. I'm just confused at the algorythm's choices...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, she's won now. I don't even know how I ended up here. There's 11 people watching, and I don't even speak the language, but the algorythm decided to recommend this stream to me for some ungodly reason. She tried to pronounce my username when I congratulated her on her victory. It was rather adorable.

At least she knew congratulations?