Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Alright, Trails in the Sky chapter 2 completed!

That chapter was excellent.

Spoiler

The play was pretty awesome, ngl.

The portion after was also very interesting.

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It wasn't the game I was intending to start today, but I loaded up Steamworld Dig 2, which I bought a few weeks ago. Shouldn't be an overly long game, but given the length of the RPGs I usually play, that is appreciable. I guess I could consider it a 2D action-adventure. Wherein you get into a cycle of heading down into a mine, collecting treasure to sell and key upgrades to advance through the game, and returning to the surface before your lantern runs out of oil and it becomes too dark to explore. 

I started the game on normal mode, but as soon as I reached the second area, I found enemies were dealing too much damage for my limited health. Considering I'm playing this not for a big challenge, but rather as something sorta chill, I might turn it down to easy for a while. Game looks artistically good.

HOW THE HECC DOES ONE PLAY SHOGI?!

Shogi is the dark souls of chess-like games.

100%'d Planet Robobot this week, so this is my third videogame which is 100% in my list. Collecting all the gold stickers was less effortful than I thought, so that's cool.

Currently doing the third dungeon in Persona 5 Strikers which is interesting since it has ice physics which are executed well, even if not to the player's advantage. It's possible to trip in the battle, but I don't mind. I like every detail which makes combat more authentic.

I tested out Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody for the Switch yesterday. It's my first KH game, but I have to say the port is poor. It shows the buttons of the PS4, wth!? Also the tutorial isn't too good either. Actaully I was curious and read some reviews, and wow, this game (for Switch) got rather negative criticsm. Well, I guess it was my fault for trying this series on the Switch instead of the PS4. Also having Kingdom Hearts 3. Maybe I should try this one first since I only read good things about it, but it's for PS4, and I'm not into the mood to switch consoles since there's only space for one console in my bedroom.

5 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Also having Kingdom Hearts 3. Maybe I should try this one first since I only read good things about it, but it's for PS4, and I'm not into the mood to switch consoles since there's only space for one console in my bedroom.

From what I know, if you haven't played basically every other KH game, III will make no sense at all.

There are some summary videos, though! This one covers all pre-KHIII games.

...I see.

So I guess I just will play it for the gameplay and music then.

Some people in some Kirby chat praised this series, so I wanted to give it a try since I like RPGs and Disney.

The only thing I know about this series is that some final bosses are (in)famous for being extremely difficult (saw them in a few videoes about hardest videogame bosses).

Edited by Zan Partizanne

I suppose it also depends on the difficulty setting... but yeah.

Like, I'd comment, but last playthroughs I've done of KH games have been on the highest difficulties, so... *has flashbacks*

I hope the shown bosses were not played on lowest difficulty, otherwise I might get a problem.

Anyways I will try my luck with MoM first since it shall be really short.

It would be my first Square Enix game I finished.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

42 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hi, everyone.

My grandfather died last night, after being diagnosed with stomach cancer at the end of last year.
I... am not sure what to say. What to think.

Sorry about that.

Ah, shit. My condolences.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I am sorry for you loss Dragonflames.

He must have had a hard time in the last year too, which makes the whole thing sadder.

Thanks.

It's been rough, yeah.
At least now he doesn't have to suffer anymore. I can at least take some solace in that fact.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, shit. My condolences.

Thank you.

48 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hi, everyone.

My grandfather died last night, after being diagnosed with stomach cancer at the end of last year.

Sorry about that.

I am sorry for your loss. Hopefully he managed to live a long and happy life

55 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hi, everyone.

Sorry about that.

My condolences, Dragonflames.

7 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

The only thing I know about this series is that some final bosses are (in)famous for being extremely difficult (saw them in a few videoes about hardest videogame bosses).

This is only true for the DLC bosses. Main game ones are pretty easy. (unless we're talking BBS, then the mysterious figure is the most absurd boss in the series.)

Also, when playing KH3, keep in mind the game does have a buffer system (which gets in the way of combat sometimes imo)

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hi, everyone.

Sorry about that.

I'm so sorry, Draggy. 

Edited by lightcosmo

Morning to everyone who couldn't sleep last night!

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hi, everyone.

Sorry about that.

My condolences.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hi, everyone.

Sorry about that.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to you, Draggy.