Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

Random, but true.

I imagine it's because of my comments on Banner Saga and its actually impactful choices... Probably because I too brought up Telltale then. That's my best guess.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does Multi-Strike come to your mind as well?

It does, but in order for Multi-Strike to really be strong, your Agility needs to be high, and there is definitely a stronger option in Holy Dance, particularly against single targets. Oh, and Pierce doesn't go through Repel Phys, of which there are plenty of demons that have it!

In general, for how strong lategame physical attacks are, I find magic to overall still be the better option due to its overall greater versatility.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From what I'm told, modern Persona has developed a cult of Yoshitune and his Hassou Tobi skill, to the point P5 made this random unrelated to any psychobabble Famed demon NG+ only.

I used Yoshitsune once in P5. Wasn't too impressed with the guy, to be honest.
Definitely don't really see why people hype him so much.

---

As far as game suggestions go... eh.
At this point, I've just given up on recommending stuff.

46 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As far as game suggestions go... eh.
At this point, I've just given up on recommending stuff.

Dont say that, you never know what someone may or may not enjoy!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Random, but true.

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I imagine it's because of my comments on Banner Saga and its actually impactful choices... Probably because I too brought up Telltale then. That's my best guess.

Actually it's because I am close to finish another playthrough of Telltale's GoT, and I'm finally noticing the obscene amounts of useless plot threads and choices that amount to nothing.

At least I'll be free to play Sky FC, Vestaria or focus on my Thracia LP after finishing the game.

Asher is the best Forrester. Iron from Ice.

Just now, Maof06 said:

I'm finally noticing the obscene amounts of useless plot threads and choices that amount to nothing.

That's Telltale all right. Even their often-considered magnum opus, Walking Dead season 1, had plenty of useless choices. And it only went downhill from there, for the most part.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dont say that, you never know what someone may or may not enjoy!

I can only recommend Nights of Azure, Blue Reflection and co. so many times before realizing that it just isn't worth repeating myself over and over again.
It just honestly kinda makes me sad to see nobody ever taking any of my recommendations (the best I've got nine times out of ten was "I'm interested, but..." (Excluding Atelier in Armagon's (I think), and Neptunia in your case, of course)), but when someone else recommends something, suddenly, the entire threat is playing it or at least expresses interest in it. Not blaming any of you, and I'm not even upset, it just goes to show that my tastes in games are different, and I'm okay with that.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

You aren't a real Fire Emblem fan until you've beaten Shadow Dragon in 0 turns.

Holy shit, an LTC I can actually do!

8 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Actually it's because I am close to finish another playthrough of Telltale's GoT, and I'm finally noticing the obscene amounts of useless plot threads and choices that amount to nothing.

Your mistake is playing a telltale game at all.

8 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Sky FC

Oh, nice! Have you started it yet? I played it while the thread became a Trails thread and I really liked. I actually just finished it yesterday at 1 am. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Your mistake is playing a telltale game at all.

I am/was a GoT fan. I couldn't help it.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, nice! Have you started it yet? I played it while the thread became a Trails thread and I really liked. I actually just finished it yesterday at 1 am. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

I jokingly started a game on Nightmare, but I haven't played it for more than 5 minutes.

Edited by Maof06

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I can only recommend Nights of Azure, Blue Reflection and co. so many times before realizing that it just isn't worth repeating myself over and over again.
It just honestly kinda makes me sad to see nobody ever taking any of my recommendations (the best I've got nine times out of ten was "I'm interested, but..." (Excluding Atelier in Armagon's (I think), and Neptunia in your case, of course)), but when someone else recommends something, suddenly, the entire threat is playing it or at least expresses interest in it. Not blaming any of you, and I'm not even upset, it just goes to show that my tastes in games are different, and I'm okay with that.

Well, hey, look on the bright side. The Trails invasion of the Thread brought in a second member for the "Trails is actually not the second coming of Jesus Christ" club. Next time this becomes a Trails thread, you and I can sit on the corner and grumble together.

And hey, I haven't seen that much success either. It's really only Shrimpy getting into Berwick, and I can't claim credit for that, because it was Benice that did it.

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

(Excluding Atelier in Armagon's (I think)

Yeah, it was your Atelier music posting that gave me the push to go out and try one.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Trails is actually not the second coming of Jesus Christ"

Just get to the ending already. Chop chop.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just get to the ending already. Chop chop.

Frankly, now that Olivier left and took all the stakes with him, I'm having trouble maintaining my interest on the story. I think just as RPGs aren't my thing, a super happy, bubbly, relaxed story like this of two kids travelling around doing whatever might not be, either

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Trails is actually not the second coming of Jesus Christ"

Even though i like this series, this is true.

Because it's actually the Xeno series that's the second coming of Christ. After all

Screenshot_3146.png

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Frankly, now that Olivier left and took all the stakes with him, I'm having trouble maintaining my interest on the story. I think just as RPGs aren't my thing, a super happy, bubbly, relaxed story like this of two kids travelling around doing whatever might not be, either

Honestly, early chapter 2 was my least favorite part so I can’t blame you, but I will say the story gets more... intense, by chapter’s end. After the hour chapter 2 spends getting to know the area and a new character it dips into that territory a bit before going back, but then it comes back up again for the climax, and for most of the rest of the story.

I do think you’ll like the ending, but I don’t know how different it is just reading it without the music and the sound effects, because they really set the atmosphere, and that’s important. Based on another game you like that I admittedly don’t know much about I do think you’ll like the ending, but going in to detail means spoilers.

Not that I’m saying you should spend 4 hours bored to get to a super good part, just throwing in my two cents. Although Olivier shows up in at least one of the Cold Steels I think so that’s a good reason to read  an LP of every game isn’t it?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Although Olivier shows up in at least one of the Cold Steels I think so that’s a good reason to read  an LP of every game isn’t it?

He shows up in almost every game in the series.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

You also supported me in trying out the Atelier series, as I remember it. 

I would say my tastes are also very outside the norm (Xenosaga, anyone?) So I understand what you mean. Just dont forget that I wouldnt have ever tried Neptunia without you.