Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So i decided to go and check how MK404 dealt with swamp...

Same exact way i did lmao. Gave Yggdra wings and sent her at everyone.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, I'll say this as this is never stated so it's only fan speculation, but...

Gulcasa could've got wind the Fantasinian King was being talked into invading Bronquia. That could get the people to want to do a pre-emptive attack first. And then it comes down if the people had wanted to invade Fantasinia in the first place. I don't think it's ever stated. It was mostly Gulcasa's decision, after all. Mostly, since... well, I think this is something you will learn later on, so I won't say more.

It's also not that unbleieveable for a country to follow their ruler to hell with massive popular support. History taught us that much.

It just doesn't happen in games often, especially not jrpgs, so i am bit surprised ngl

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's also not that unbleieveable for a country to follow their ruler to hell with massive popular support. History taught us that much.

It just doesn't happen in games often, especially not jrpgs, so i am bit surprised ngl

True. They would certainly not object to the invasion, at the least.

Come to think of it, I'm not remembering well right now, but how was the Bronquian invasion on that subject anyway. Like, they were aiming to kill the Royal Family, yes, and we had the usual "bandits take advantage of the situation", but like, did the Bronquians themselves actually treated Fantasinia any worse?

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

True. They would certainly not object to the invasion, at the least.

Come to think of it, I'm not remembering well right now, but how was the Bronquian invasion on that subject anyway. Like, they were aiming to kill the Royal Family, yes, and we had the usual "bandits take advantage of the situation", but like, did the Bronquians themselves actually treated Fantasinia any worse?

Leon was very bad, and eveb tortured civies according to Elena (his sister) iirc, that's the main reason she defected. And he was someone high in command. The others don't seem to be that sort tho.

Also, Bly's word imply this wasn't the first war between the countries in his lifetime, since he did face Baldus before.

Edited by Shrimperor

I like how Bly's logic basically boiled down to this:

4ca.png

Can't fear enemies when you have none, after all. He'd make Solo Wing Pixy proud.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I missed page 2500. Dang.

56 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

High Quality fantranslations are available. Ao's releasing tomorrow, even

Ao is getting a new fan translation?

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

"I just wanted a world without Borders" -Yggdra after conquering 90% of the world.

Bly must be proud

Hmm...

Ace Combat Zero:

Release
  • JP: March 23, 2006

Yggdra Union

Release Game Boy Advance
  • JP: March 23, 2006

HMMM

OMG, Solo Wing Pixy traveled to Fantasinia!

I'll be out in the land without internet (backpacking, 'cause we are allowed to do that now, thankfully!), so y'all had better have a fantastic weekend while I'm not here!

5 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Robert E. Howard left quite a trove of characters and tales across genres. Speaking of Bran Mak Morn, the related poem "A Song of the Race" may less involve Morn himself and more the origins of the Picts, but it's quite a memorable little piece of prose. But of course one shouldn't neglect the cases where Howard never produced a series of tales. Almuric, while conceptually similar a concept to Edgar  Rice Burroughs' John Carter, provided us the very distinct Esau Cairn as a protagonist. Whereas John Carter was very much a man of two worlds, Cairn's nature distinctly made him more suited to his adoptive planet than the (at the time of writing) modern day Earth. While his adventures on Almuric never became a series (at least not truly, even if there was a speculative sequel by Roy Thomas produced through Dark Horse comics), it was a memorable tale in it's own right.

Then there's the stories that could have never became true series. Take "The Thing on the Roof". Very much a distinct short story in the horror genre. It would have been hard to make a continuation without taking away from the air of mystery that characterizes the tale in the first place. An error I feel becomes a little too common in many of Hollywood's horror films. Man's greatest fear is often what he cannot comprehend. You put too much explanation behind something, and you rob it of the aura of menace needed to actually have it be a threat. Familiarity is the greatest adversary of fear.

I’ve read a collection of his horror stories. I personally really liked Pigeons from Hell, The Black Stone and The Cairn on the Headland. You really can’t go wrong with any of Howard’s work. I was actually decently suprised by how much I enjoyed The Shadow of the Vulture, his only Red Sonja story. If you like Howard I’d also recommend the works of Clark Ashton Smith as well.

Edited by Wraith

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Being Neptunia, I can't tell if this is photoshopped or not haha.

Can confirm: it isn't!
Source 1: I don't have photoshop (I do have Gimp, which is the same thing, basically, but that program is janky garbage).
Source 2: I wouldn't be able to do that if I did.

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Pudding, Pudding! 

The best weapon! Seriously, that attack does so much damage, it's unreal.

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, hello Nepgya!

*smiiile*

---

Happy belated page 2500 everyone.
And good morning.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Source 1: I don't have photoshop (I do have Gimp, which is the same thing, basically, but that program is janky garbage).

Don't call GIMP garbage, where do you think I'm meming from on my Linux ass, photoshop?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

The enemies must really not want meat.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Don't call GIMP garbage, where do you think I'm meming from on my Linux ass, photoshop?

It's good for making memes, and not much else. If you actually wanted to do more complex stuff with it... ooof.

Trust me, I've tried. Many times. But I have given up on it. xD

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The enemies must really not want meat.

It's not meat, it's pudding!

I slept through page 2500.

Nice.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Miitopia isn't really an RPG.

Ergh... Wait, what is it, then?

6 hours ago, Benice said:

Ooh! @Saint Rubenio, did a little poking around about Judgement, and it is available on PC-However, only on Stadia, as far as I can tell.

I mean, that's still as unavailable as before lol

Er, and I guess while I've already got you pinged... What do you think of Breaker so far?

It's absolutely hilarious. Not only that, it seems like the best style in the game for crowd control. Spinning around like a spinning top destroys everything.

Also, can I just mention that it's hilarious to me that the modern english VA for Majima, the crazy one, also is the english VA for one of the most straight-laced characters in Judgement?

Wait, there's English VAs for Yakuza? Or is it only the later ones? I've been on OG Japanese dubs the whole time.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That's the power of good taste!

24 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I don’t get it.

No culture, Wraith, no culture. Xd