Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

It was kind of surprising to find out that Lu Bu is meant to be a supreme badass, considering how he got his ass kicked by Nezha. And Nezha is basically the Dan Hibiki of the Orochi series.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It was kind of surprising to find out that Lu Bu is meant to be a supreme badass, considering how he got his ass kicked by Nezha. And Nezha is basically the Dan Hibiki of the Orochi series.

I think that was meant to show off how powerful Nezha is. "Worf Effect", and all.
... Only for Nezha to go down in a few attacks himself once you get to trade blows with him. XD

Which is a good thing, too, because I can't stand his edgy ass.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

sigh
Okay then...

I will need great Beard Powers to recover from this.

...You know, on the subject of beards, it's kinda strange that I'd put Archanea on my top 3 of my favorite FE casts, considering it not only has Navarre, it also has barely any beards. Shadow Dragon has three guys, and two of them are... unavailable, let's say, in the sequel.

Thankfully, they are replaced by Best Grandpa who lost CyL 3 and his amazing muttonchops.

Wyaznstv o

See?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

852200453256904716.png?v=1

Pffft.

"Ahh, Ruben's at it again."

She's also really well-written in the Shadow Dragon manga.

R E A D  T H E  M A N G A

Everyone is really well-written in Shadow Dragon.

...Oh, wait, the manga. I've... hey, I've actually never heard of such a thing. Is that where Gordin goes "BUT MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARSSSSSSSSS"?

And on top of that, her Heroes art is actually really good (by Heroes' standards anyway).

Hide contents

Rena_Neutral.png

Hey, you're right, that is some pretty sweet art.

Matthis when?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

>Athena

>Cecil

lol. lmao

Do you have something to say to me, Armagon? I suggest you say it to my face, so you see the fist coming.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wait a minute....

The hips don't lie, Armagon.

(While looking for this, I just found out that if you google "fire emblem etzel", an inordinate amount of fanart shows up. I am truly glad at least one of my favorites has a lot of fanart. Even if a few of the artists were rather... confused, by the hips no doubt)

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone is really well-written in Shadow Dragon.

...Oh, wait, the manga. I've... hey, I've actually never heard of such a thing. Is that where Gordin goes "BUT MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARSSSSSSSSS"?

That was in the OVA.

Which reminds me... I wonder how everyone is written in the novelization.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I think that was meant to show off how powerful Nezha is. "Worf Effect", and all.
... Only for Nezha to go down in a few attacks himself once you get to trade blows with him. XD

Sure. But since Nezha is shown to be so weak, it means Lu Bu is even wimpier for losing to him.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Why is he 12?

As in age? Because he's an archer and if you want a good archer, you start with his grandfather.

The bow and arrow ain't an easy weapon to pick up, or fast.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And then, you can just straight up roast the guy. XD

smashes the button for the middle option

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Due to the nature of Warriors All-Stars, he loses some of his threatening status. Though it's a given, considering some of the superhumans and actual demons he now has to contend with. No wonder he tones it down a peg. XD

Something hilarious that happened to me one time was... well, one of Christophorus' quotes when she defeats an enemy officer is "Humm, that was pathetic." In some stages, depending on what faction you pick, you have to fight and defeat Lu Bu... now put two and two together. XD

Interesting.

Haha, nice.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So my friend gifted me Steamworld Heist on Steam, which is pretty nice.

Hope you enjoy it. It's a simple, but fun and not overly long strategy game.

Now, do you know if the game came with The Outsider DLC included? Because it's how you get the character who coincidentally is my avi right now, plus a couple extra hats and stages. The Outsider DLC is only $5 looking at Steam.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

smashes the button for the middle option

XD

I mean, I'm pretty sure, one on one, and speaking realistically, over half the cast would be able to curb-stomp the poor guy just by virtue of being something more than human... and one hell of a lot smarter than he is. XD

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Haha, nice.

Yeah, I found it pretty funny, too! XD

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hope you enjoy it. It's a simple, but fun and not overly long strategy game.

Oh hey, I missed that! @Armagon Steamworld Heist rocks, don't forget to thank your pal and use Beatrix and Billy.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now, do you know if the game came with The Outsider DLC included? Because it's how you get the character who coincidentally is my avi right now, plus a couple extra hats and stages. The Outsider DLC is only $5 looking at Steam.

Ah, yeah, I hadn't noticed. He was a really fun character... But then again, they all were.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, yeah, I hadn't noticed. He was a really fun character...

Fen also appears, and gets named, in the SteamWorld Dig 2, which I bought and completed last month. He is in a different form however, and his personality is wholly different, as in "c'mon, get a little closer to the edge of that cliff, take another step, it won't kill you (hehehe)". They didn't explain how he went from a little ball of electricity and data to getting a body though.

I liked his design and personality, so I've been wanting to use him for a while.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Due to the nature of Warriors All-Stars, he loses some of his threatening status. Though it's a given, considering some of the superhumans and actual demons he now has to contend with. No wonder he tones it down a peg. XD

Meanwhile in Project X Zone, you have Heihachi, who genuinely gets intrigued every time some new character with superpowers shows up.

I posted this before but when the Valkyria Chronicles 3 characters showed up, one of them, Reila, displayed her Valkyria powers and said "i hope you won't be afraid of me" (because Valkyria in VC are basically demigods but their power is more of a curse than a blessing, as in, it's never shown to be a good thing) and she was met with most reactions going "huh neat", Frank West took a picture, and then Heihachi being very intrigued because most of the roster is filled with character with anime powers and this is just another addition to that.

......and then you have Demitri, who has my favorite reaction to all of this

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..Oh, wait, the manga. I've... hey, I've actually never heard of such a thing.

It's good. Caeda's a badass in it iirc.

Although the manga does end kinda weird. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now, do you know if the game came with The Outsider DLC included?

Probably not. My friend got a code from a giveaway the devs held.

I can ask him tho.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's a simple, but fun and not overly long strategy game.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Steamworld Heist rocks

So i've heard. I've seen a few moments of when my friend was playing. It does look neat, a 2D sidescrolling strategy game does sound pretty interesting.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, now I got reminded. I'm glad to have had the chance to learn up more about Gaiden's own novelization.

https://imgur.com/a/fyKPs
https://imgur.com/a/UPA7c

Thanks to Alastor's thread.

Why Kliff always dies?

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For its worth, the novel at least killed a few more.

The Luthier one...