Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Hide contents

QiImY1C.pngPuIiT61.png
JSSnsbc.png
GcCyIQP.png

Here you go, Draggy. Hopefully that can help.

Nice! Thank you! ^^
I think this'll help a great deal! It's Playstation buttons, too, which is doubly good!
You have my gratitude! ^^

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

huh?

Heh, yeah...
Some of 'em just absolutely slaughtered me for some reason. Like, for example, there are those plant-like enemies that throw coconuts everywhere, and if I remember correctly, they appear alongside some flying insects, too. I died to those more times than I'd like to admit. xD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmm, if you have Camera issues try to lock on on them.

Otherwise, if you are in trouble, teleport back to healing point or heal. Also, outside dungeons, if you stand still, you auto heal (and with an accessory inside dungeons as well).

Oooh, that's useful!
I should've probably known about this a little sooner, haha!

Thanks! ^^

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

YSP24uJ.jpg

sDWcCJR.jpg

Invincibility time aka time to go all in!

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Some of 'em just absolutely slaughtered me for some reason. Like, for example, there are those plant-like enemies that throw coconuts everywhere, and if I remember correctly, they appear alongside some flying insects, too. I died to those more times than I'd like to admit. xD

There's no shame in running away and teleporting when that's the case. Sure might set you back a bit, but you retain exp and all your progress.

Some normal enemies (especially big ones) tend to hit pretty hard yeah, but their patterns shouldn't be that hard to remember. 

Usually, the easier it is to dodge an attack, the harder it hits. And stationary enemies tend to hit hard. 

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's no shame in running away and teleporting when that's the case. Sure might set you back a bit, but you retain exp and all your progress.

Some normal enemies (especially big ones) tend to hit pretty hard yeah, but their patterns shouldn't be that hard to remember. 

Usually, the easier it is to dodge an attack, the harder it hits. And stationary enemies tend to hit hard. 

Ah, that's the thing I was getting caught up on, then!
Makes sense, though!

I'll see if the weather conditions get less "fry Draggy's brain"-ish, then I will get to it! ^^
Will prolly restart my playthrough, as well, since it's been, er, a while. XD

Thank you so much, Shrimpy! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll see if the weather conditions get less "fry Draggy's brain"-ish, then I will get to it! ^^

yeah weather is baaaaaaaad

hot hot hot

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Thank you so much, Shrimpy! ^^

Npnp. Hopefully you can enjoy it this time^^

Just now, Shrimperor said:

yeah weather is baaaaaaaad

hot hot hot

Not to mention humid as hell!
Hopefully, those thunderstorms arrive quickly, because it legitimately feels like a greenhouse! x.x

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Npnp. Hopefully you can enjoy it this time^^

Thanks! ^^
Pretty sure I will, because I did like what I've seen!

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Edit: although you may have been talking about a different "rescue Aura" chapter.

I think there have been multiple ones, but I don't recall the chapters anymore. More than six years have been passed when I played this game.

In general I found the maps of the second half in Project X quite long, mainly because of all the events. Same goes for 2. For both parts I needed more than 40 hours each which is a length no Fire Emblem would reach aside of Radiant Dawn (with played animations) maybe.

Sidenote: I will bring some 🌩️ through central Europe in the next days, so thank me later!

Edited by Zan Partizanne

First week of my course is over. It was fun, but also exhausting, especially in combination with the weather. Thankfully next week will become moderate. Though I still don't like any kind of home courses / classes because of my overheated room. I think to ask my employer to pass it there at least during summer. The travel time of about an hour per day is more bearable than getting headaches at home. 

Anyways it's weekend now, means gaming time. Gonna stream one more Kingdom Hearts part later today and tomorrow I will start with Crosscode and Dark Deity. Not sure yet, if I'll stream both. Depends on the interest here.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The seconds she wasted moving the reticule to the sides were enough to move them overhead. Or right at the beginning she had a clear shot at the head before bringing it down to where Virgil was blocking the shot.

KOS-MOS says trying to avoid fire there would have reduced her offensive capabilities by 30% as well. And only a 0.2 drop with him dead. Now i assume this means over the course of time, not just the moment. And the escape pod only has room for 2, she removed the 3rd choice from the equation. It's heartless, yeah, but that's the idea, she's a combat android! 

I think it gives the player an idea of what she is really capable of too. She won't hesitate to remove what's in her way.

8 hours ago, Maof06 said:

The problem with the second part of Jojolion is that it is completely aimless, with random bullshit happening through and through.

Yeah like, Part 8 went the longest without having a main villain.

Although i do hear the final battle just wrapped up (or what is assumed to be the final battle).

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So uh... Not to be overly negative or anything, but any interest I ever had in this game just vanished.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, the more I read about it, the more it feels like they rushed the game out in order to capitalize on the disappointment from E3's lack of FE news. From what I've gathered, it needed more months in the oven, maybe even a year. As it is, it really doesn't seem worth the 20 bucks. Heck, not even 10 bucks. There is very little need for something like this when there's plenty of FE hacks out there that are way better made and are free.

Screenshot_20210618-083848.png

This seems to be the general consensus in one of the servers i'm in.

Like you can tell the devs love Fire Emblem but they weren't quite sure how to get it.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Second of all: I looked up art, and...
rR1xauT.jpg

First stage of grief.

Ys Origin is alright. Good combat but brought down by it's handling of boss design and levels.

"My biggest gripe with the game is the bosses and the way levels are handled. I don't think i've really enjoyed a single boss fight in this game because almost all of them are basically bullet hells with zero health pickups. This ties into the way levels are handled because just one level makes or breaks the fight. If you're one level below the boss, you'll get your ass kicked. One level over and it becomes a cakewalk." -from my review of the game.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20210618-083848.png

This seems to be the general consensus in one of the servers i'm in.

Like you can tell the devs love Fire Emblem but they weren't quite sure how to get it.

Unfortunate, but it is what it is. Apparently they're fixing some of the major bugs the game has, but unless they're going to fix the horrible map design... Yeah, hard pass for me.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunate, but it is what it is. Apparently they're fixing some of the major bugs the game has, but unless they're going to fix the horrible map design... Yeah, hard pass for me.

I'm not even sure how a map like that made it into the final game. I mean bro, it had literally zero terrain. Even Gaiden and Awakening maps had things on them.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I'm not even sure how a map like that made it into the final game. I mean bro, it had literally zero terrain. Even Gaiden and Awakening maps had things on them.

The game reeks of being rushed. I mean, from what I've read, it's riddled with tons of glitches, frequent crashes, Three Houses-tier loading screens, interface issues, bad controls of all things, barely any explanations for the mechanics... A couple patches have already been released fixing some of the technical issues, but that just proves they were not ready to release. Not to mention, the game was listed as "coming soon" on Steam, and then completely out of nowhere it's just done and released, coincidentally right as E3 is happening and the lack of FE news has left the fanbase wanting.

It's... weird, to say the least. I've seen some people accusing them of "taking the money and running", and while I don't want to assume anything prematurely, one really has to wonder, seeing the game's horrendous state and the timing of this unexpected release.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

bad controls of all things

How do you have bad controls in an SRPG?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's... weird, to say the least. I've seen some people accusing them of "taking the money and running", and while I don't want to assume anything prematurely, one really has to wonder, seeing the game's horrendous state and the timing of this unexpected release.

I mean, I've seen worse-released games so I wouldn't say they took the money and ran. I mean, like I said, it is clear they like Fire Emblem and wanted to do something like it. It just wasn't ready.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How do you have bad controls in an SRPG?

Apparently the keyboard mappings are strange, and they cannot be changed. So I've heard, at least. It stuck out to me, because... well, for the exact reason you just said.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, I've seen worse-released games so I wouldn't say they took the money and ran. I mean, like I said, it is clear they like Fire Emblem and wanted to do something like it. It just wasn't ready.

True, but I still find this release to be really weird. The game was very obviously not ready, so why release it? They hadn't even made any promises, there was no release date until the game came out. They had virtually no reason to push the game out. It's really odd.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

One level over and it becomes a cakewalk.

I take it you only played normal mode, eh?

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

almost all of them are basically bullet hells with zero health pickup

That's what makes em good tho

I can pass on Dark Deity, which means just return to hoping for an fe6 remake. It’s either that or fe4, but despite fe4 being an older game and a Kaga game I think fe6 actually needs to be remade more than fe4, because beyond making it so every enemy isn’t in a block with 19 other enemies, aka boring, removing great shield or whatever it’s called, and maybe some QoL (I say maybe because it’s been a while since I played it, I don’t really remember the QoL well or lack thereof), fe4 doesn’t really need to be remade, at least for me. It held up surprisingly well for a game from 1996. Fe6 though? Lol.

I mean I guess there’s a chance it’s a new game and not a remake, but considering we got nothing at E3, I don’t know.

Edited by Sooks

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can pass on Dark Deity, which means just return to hoping for an fe6 remake. It’s either that or fe4, but despite fe4 being an older game and a Kaga game I think fe6 actually needs to be remade more than fe4, because beyond making it so every enemy isn’t in a block with 19 other enemies, aka boring, removing great shield or whatever it’s called, and maybe some QoL (I say maybe because it’s been a while since I played it, I don’t really remember the QoL well or lack thereof), fe4 doesn’t really need to be remade, at least for me. It held up surprisingly well for a game from 1996. Fe6 though? Lol.

Yes, this is exactly my reasons for wanting a FE6 remake. And I like FE6 lol. It's undeniable that it's a mess.

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I take it you only played normal mode, eh?

Yeah.

I also did Ys 7 and 9 demo on Normal. Seems to be my sweetspot for this series.

Although maybe I should've gone Easy for Ys 7 to make the bosses not take 10 million years to die.