Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

E4CkWZAWUAA81c4.jpeg?width=438&height=43

18 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Also I remember that defending Aura chapter for being incredibly long. 

It wasn't long because of

• multi-attacks
  • no new enemies

But it shouldn't have happened like that in the first place.

Edit: although you may have been talking about a different "rescue Aura" chapter.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

EDIT: Did you cutoff its tail?

Nope. My strategy was essentially to stay just behind the Dragon's back leg, so I did lop at the tail a lot, but since I'm just using a standard Club... I probably needed a bladed weapon to get the chopping done. What weapon did I miss?

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

NICE! I get the funny feeling you aren't summoning, but one interesting thing about that fight is that this fight has the sun bro Solaire as an NPC summon to help.

Yeah. I summoned him for the Bell Gargoyles since I'd already beaten 'em before and just wanted to cruise past 'em, and boy did he ever help. I hope he finds his own sun!

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fair enough. The Rite of Kindling you get from killing Pinwheel is nice on paper, but being able to kindle a bonfire to give you more than 10 estus is kinda overkill.

Speaking of, does fire prevent the skeletons from resurrecting? I really loathe the catacombs, but Pinwheel is a fun boss, so I MIGHT go down there if I don't have to pick up a ton of faith and dex for the Straight sword of Astora. But those wheel skeletons...EURGH.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nope. My strategy was essentially to stay just behind the Dragon's back leg, so I did lop at the tail a lot, but since I'm just using a standard Club... I probably needed a bladed weapon to get the chopping done. What weapon did I miss?

The Dragon King Greataxe. It has no scaling, and very high strength requirement, but it has an interesting special attack, and raises fire and magic defense while equipped.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I hope he finds his own sun!

...I want to comment, but I will avoid spoilers for now.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Speaking of, does fire prevent the skeletons from resurrecting?

Nope, just divine weapons, or killing the necromancers that revive the ones in that area.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

I really loathe the catacombs, but Pinwheel is a fun boss, so I MIGHT go down there if I don't have to pick up a ton of faith and dex for the Straight sword of Astora.

There are other ways to deal divine damage. If you get the divine ember from the back of the Darkroot Garden (past the Moonlight Butterfly boss) it will let Andre upgrade a +5 weapon into a divine weapon. It will shift some of the weapon's damage into divine damage,  and reduce its normal scaling a bit to add faith scaling for the divine damage. It takes resources that might be difficult to find, but is another option...

9 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

ARAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/t8eTzMS.png

I really should get started on Part 8 for real (I read like the first fight).

But I still think it'd be better if I wait until it's done.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The Dragon King Greataxe. It has no scaling, and very high strength requirement, but it has an interesting special attack, and raises fire and magic defense while equipped

Hm. Ah well, maybe in a future playthrough. I do have 29 strength, so I should be at least reasonably close.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...I want to comment, but I will avoid spoilers for now.

...This does not bode well.

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It will shift some of the weapon's damage into divine damage,  and reduce its normal scaling a bit to add faith scaling for the divine damage. It takes resources that might be difficult to find, but is another option...

I've got the divine Embers, but...Well, the Club's only real redeeming trait is the A in str scaling, and it becomes a D in str scaling in exchange for B in faith, of which I have none. I guess I'll have to just be patient and eliminate the reviving blokes.

If it wasn't so late, I'd start turning another of my written CYOA's works into a proper fic... well, I can start tomorrow...

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I really should get started on Part 8 for real (I read like the first fight).

But I still think it'd be better if I wait until it's done.

Read until you reach chapter 57 (end of Milagro Man) and then stop, and wait for it to be over. The problem with the second part of Jojolion is that it is completely aimless, with random bullshit happening through and through.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hm. Ah well, maybe in a future playthrough. I do have 29 strength, so I should be at least reasonably close.

You need like 5 more to use it two handed, needs 50 for one-handing...

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I've got the divine Embers, but...Well, the Club's only real redeeming trait is the A in str scaling, and it becomes a D in str scaling in exchange for B in faith, of which I have none.

Oof...yeah that is bad. You could spend some resources upgrading another weapon to be your divine one, one less focused on its scaling perhaps...

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I guess I'll have to just be patient and eliminate the reviving blokes.

That could work, plus blunt weapons deal good damage against skeletons, which help if you are using a club strength build.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

ShitpostBot 5000

I could have sworn this was from Undertale, but it actually is not. I think it’s because it has the same vibe as but the Earth refused to die, but instead of absolutely hopeful it’s not hopeful at all.

Anyway, the future probably won’t change because of a score on one test (unless you subscribe to the butterfly effect), but if I go places, which having good grades very much helps with…. who knows? I’m too young to be jaded! The power of youth!

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You need like 5 more to use it two handed, needs 50 for one-handing...

Zoinks.

19 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That could work, plus blunt weapons deal good damage against skeletons, which help if you are using a club strength build.

Aye. Well, I'll deal with Blighttown first.

Also, the M'lady bloke who gives me miracles has apparently lost M'lady. I hope everything works out.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I could have sworn this was from Undertale, but it actually is not. I think it’s because it has the same vibe as but the Earth refused to die, but instead of absolutely hopeful it’s not hopeful at all.

Anyway, the future probably won’t change because of a score on one test (unless you subscribe to the butterfly effect), but if I go places, which having good grades very much helps with…. who knows? I’m too young to be jaded! The power of youth!

It's from Chrono Trigger, heh.

It's good to keep that attitude. You'll need it. Too late for me. I've been burnt out for years already.

[Trails FC spoilers]

Spoiler

So, I'm supposed to talk to everyone in Bose, and I just talked to the mayor, which didn't advance the plot, but...

I do not trust her. Not at all.

Soooo... in preparation for the fact that I still have not finished Ys 8, but having plans to rectify this (I still can't get used to the way the game plays, sadly), I watched a playthrough of Yunica's story of Ys Origin yesterday.
First of all: I can already say she's best protag, out of the three that exist in this game.
Second of all: I looked up art, and...
rR1xauT.jpg

Yeah... about that, fanartist... XD

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So uh... Not to be overly negative or anything, but any interest I ever had in this game just vanished.

Honestly, a reason I wouldn't be interested in this game is less the map design looking like a nightmarish mix between FE4 and Awakening's worst, but more that the game looks like poop.

I'm not usually one to harp on graphics, but man, this looks dull.

----

Also, good morning, everyone! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So uh... Not to be overly negative or anything, but any interest I ever had in this game just vanished.

Uh uh

If it's the only bad map, i wouldn't mind, but from what i am hearing in general i think i should wait for some patches

Btw Lost Eidolons demo is out as well if you wanna check it out, and i will finish bereick 3 side maps in a bit so you can advance in conquest.

Hopefully i get spared horrible rng experiences, because wew boy did it trigger me yesterday.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I still can't get used to the way the game plays, sadl

Don't force yourself if you don't like it. I have noticed you have the tendency to do this.

Also you can always lower the difficulty if you want to just enjoy the Story.

Should i share my control config with you?

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I can already say she's best protag, out of the three that exist in this game.

Yunica is great!

Fyi tho only the last route is canon and leads to Ys 1

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

good morning

Tutturu!

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Honestly, a reason I wouldn't be interested in this game is less the map design looking like a nightmarish mix between FE4 and Awakening's worst, but more that the game looks like poop.

I'm not usually one to harp on graphics, but man, this looks dull.

The game also seems to have a massive lack of QoL, doesn't explain its mechanics properly, has bad controls of all things and is even more volatile than Vestaria Saga (as in, it crashes frequently) without the 5 turn saves that at least make sure you don't lose as much progress from a crash in VS.

Honestly, the more I read about it, the more it feels like they rushed the game out in order to capitalize on the disappointment from E3's lack of FE news. From what I've gathered, it needed more months in the oven, maybe even a year. As it is, it really doesn't seem worth the 20 bucks. Heck, not even 10 bucks. There is very little need for something like this when there's plenty of FE hacks out there that are way better made and are free.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Uh uh

If it's the only bad map, i wouldn't mind, but from what i am hearing in general i think i should wait for some patches

From what I've heard, the map design is overall... Not good. This disaster is pretty extreme, but it doesn't seem to be very good in general.

Hopefully i get spared horrible rng experiences, because wew boy did it trigger me yesterday.

Best of luck to you!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Don't force yourself if you don't like it. I have noticed you have the tendency to do this.

This is true!
Though in the case of Ys 8, it's not that I dislike it, it's more that I have difficulty really understanding what I'm doing in combat. XD

Also you can always lower the difficulty if you want to just enjoy the Story.

I prolly will do this if/when I get to it!

Should i share my control config with you?

Sure! ^^

Yunica is great!

Yep! ^^

Fyi tho only the last route is canon and leads to Ys 1

F
Ah, well. So long as the third character isn't the boring edgelord he looks to be from his design (though I only caught a glimpse of it on the select screen, cuz the person playing selected Yunica too fast. xD), it'll be a-okay!

Spoiler

Also, that might mean poor Roy gets to live. XD

Tutturu!

Tutturu to you, too! ^^

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The game also seems to have a massive lack of QoL, doesn't explain its mechanics properly, has bad controls of all things and is even more volatile than Vestaria Saga (as in, it crashes frequently) without the 5 turn saves that at least make sure you don't lose as much progress from a crash in VS.

Honestly, the more I read about it, the more it feels like they rushed the game out in order to capitalize on the disappointment from E3's lack of FE news. From what I've gathered, it needed more months in the oven, maybe even a year. As it is, it really doesn't seem worth the 20 bucks. Heck, not even 10 bucks. There is very little need for something like this when there's plenty of FE hacks out there that are way better made and are free.

Good lord! Yeah, that's a pass from me, then.
Also partly because I don't play on PC beyond emulators. XD

Welcome to my world! XD
Good luck! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Best of luck to you!

thx thx

i will also try to train ruby up hmmm

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

it's more that I have difficulty really understanding what I'm doing in combat. XD

the combat is not that hard to understand. You don't have anything overly complex like in tales or something haha

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sure! ^^

will  do it in a bit then (20 min or so) once i am on my pc

can i have the sauce for that Yunica art btw?

the combat is not that hard to understand. You don't have anything overly complex like in tales or something haha

I know, but for some reason, I tend to sit there going "wait, how do I do this?" XD
And then I died to a random plant thing spitting coconuts (?) everywhere. xD

will  do it in a bit then (20 min or so) once i am on my pc

Thanks! ^^

can i have the sauce for that Yunica art btw?

I found it, saved it, and... forgot where exactly I got it from. xD
My bad! This weather is making my brain melt.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dew it. Free Clifford is still up for grabs!

I just wish she can hit something lol

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I tend to sit there going "wait, how do I do this?" XD

Well, in the first couple tries you usually try to learn the Boss patterns. You could, ofc, learn them without dying. Once you learn them, you have to evade/block then counter attack. The patterns tend to change/become harder/get new attacks at half hp.

There's an evasion and a Guard button, if you time it right you can invincible for a bit. But most of the time jumping and running should be enough.

And then you assign each character 4 skills, and that's it

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I found it, saved it, and... forgot where exactly I got it from. xD

Npnp!

Using the powers of saucenao i was able to find it

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/9522257

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, in the first couple tries you usually try to learn the Boss patterns. You could, ofc, learn them without dying. Once you learn them, you have to evade/block then counter attack. The patterns tend to change/become harder/get new attacks at half hp.

There's an evasion and a Guard button, if you time it right you can invincible for a bit.

This sounds a lot like Nights of Azure.
Huh. Now I feel even more ashamed. XD

Though funnily enough, the few bosses that I did fight (I think one of them was dinosaur-like thing, and one was a chameleion-looking creature, and the first was a crab, I believe... oh, and the tutorial fight against the octopus on the boat), I did actually do pretty well on (except the what I think was a crab. That one destroyed me a few times before I beat it)..
My main issue was against the regular enemies. xD

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But most of the time jumping and running should be enough.

And then you assign each character 4 skills, and that's it

Gotcha, gotcha!

Thanks for the tips! ^^

Npnp!

Using the powers of saucenao i was able to find it

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/9522257

Nice, nice!

Spoiler

QiImY1C.pngPuIiT61.png
JSSnsbc.png
GcCyIQP.png

Here you go, Draggy. Hopefully that can help.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My main issue was against the regular enemies

huh?

Hmm, if you have Camera issues try to lock on on them.

Otherwise, if you are in trouble, teleport back to healing point or heal. Also, outside dungeons, if you stand still, you auto heal (and with an accessory inside dungeons as well).