Oh.

Oh!

OH!

Very cool, Iga.

Very fucking cool.

Nice.

Fucking beautiful.

And I didn't even keep the medal.

What a fucking troll. I should've known he'd do something like this again. Absolute bastarad

Ahahahahaha. Well if it makes you feel better, the same happened to me.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At any rate, there's the boss that'll give me the ability to use those white plates on the walls I've seen

Oh you......you fought the Bloodless way earlier than i did. Cause i did the whole train stuff and got that ability long before fighting the Bloodless. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What is it that keeps Bug Fables from dying of its of unoriginality? Well, for me.:

• The rarity of what it copies. Very few JRPGs have hewn so closely to the manifold essence of the adventures it imitates. What else is there besides Bug Fables that does? I can't think of anything.

This is an interesting way of looking it at. You acknowledge that is is very similar but because this style of game is so rare in the first place, it actually works to it's advantage.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

it shall be in the backlog then!

Is it really on the backlog if you haven't opened it yet?

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But when you're trying to do him damageless, the bullshit move becomes completely unfair, because there's just no counterplay.

tumblr_23262c111487977e659a1e39906caa4d_

Even the way to the fucking boss is the worst in the game. See, normally I don't give a damn about taking damage from enemies in the way. I mean, I intend to beat the boss without a scratch, so who cares? The problem is that the enemies outside this room inflict both poison (which would kinda defeat the whole idea of trying to beat the boss without losing HP) and curse (which cuts my mana reserve in half, and I desperately need it). You might say, "Ruben, go back to base, buy a bunch of elixirs and then the lower max mana won't matter." Yeah, great idea! Except there isn't a teleporter in miles, so I can't go back without wasting a bunch of time! It's like they went out of their way to make this boss a pain in my fucking asshole.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Usually such challenges are not done on a first run, just sayin

Yeah, well, coming from doing the same challenge in Ecclesia's hardest difficulty, I figured I'd be up to it. Not to mention, I find these bosses more interesting this way. Brute forcing them with potions would've ruined their difficulty. This way, I get to appreciate it in full... Or, y'know, appreciate the poor design. 'Cause hot damn this boss is bad.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bathin. No, that's not a joke, that's his name. Look him up on Google.

And I guess he's Bathin' in your failures!

No, I'm not sorry.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

There's a midway between the 2 extremes ya know xD

You don't understand, Shrimpy.

They give me a medal for every boss I beat flawlessly.

Also, I genuinely think it's fun and it makes you appreciate the design of these bosses a lot more. Sure, I complain, but the intensity of these things is awesome. Seriously, my heart was pounding as I watched Bloodless's skirt become shorter and shorter. It's a great feeling. Yes, I know that sounds lewd. Go ahead, post that one clip, you know the one.

The problem is that then you run into the one boss they designed when they were drunk and couldn't come up with any ideas for more filler bosses. That's when you stop having fun. Because this isn't hard, it really isn't. It's just tedious as fuck.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

And I guess he's Bathin' in your failures!

No, I'm not sorry.

My failures? His failure to be a well designed boss! With Andrealphus and Bloodless every failure was on me. This time it's just because the game decided I wasn't going to win this time. Damnit, Iga. I look forward to beating the shit out of you for this.

Btw @Spara did anything new pop up from Kaga's QA yesterday?

I haven't checked today, but beyond a couple small details, not particularly. Though Kaga did express interest in making a game about the continent Haldyn and Ravinia are from.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously, my heart was pounding as I watched Bloodless's skirt become shorter and shorter. It's a great feeling. Yes, I know that sounds lewd.

Sounds?

That is quite lewd 😛

Isn't there some kinda shield shard to protect you from that fast attack?

Could try, if this takes much longer.

Just now, Spara said:

Sounds?

That is quite lewd 😛

I didn't have the gauge glasses yet. That was the only way I could tell her health was going down. That's all it was I swear.

...I'm still a bit worried about the fact that my hands were trembling for a solid 5 minutes after I beat her, though. It can't be normal to get that invested in these things.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

He typed it totally knowing the implications.

no

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's all it was I swear.

Suuuurreeeeeeee

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem is that his "i MoVE sO FaST!!1!" attack is entirely luck-based.

The attack where he literally shows his path in green so you can find a hole in the pattern to hide in? I think you frustration is cloud your judgement.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I'm still a bit worried about the fact that my hands were trembling for a solid 5 minutes after I beat her, though. It can't be normal to get that invested in these things.

Dude, what you do with your hands after you were undressing her is not of our business...

Well, I have encountered the Drillnaught or whatever it was that roadblocked @Interdimensional Observer from beating Samus Returns.

I gotta say, this robot is a dick tho. You free it from whatever it was pinned down, it looks at you, and then just leaves. But then suddenly in the next area, it decides to kill you and in the area after that, you have to fight it.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You might say, "Ruben, go back to base, buy a bunch of elixirs and then the lower max mana won't matter." Yeah, great idea! Except there isn't a teleporter in miles, so I can't go back without wasting a bunch of time! It's like they went out of their way to make this boss a pain in my fucking asshole.

Yeah this sucks. Sometimes the game is nice and puts the teleporter and save room within close proximity but it sucks when it isn't.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously, my heart was pounding as I watched Bloodless's skirt become shorter and shorter. It's a great feeling. 

Nice.

Aaaaaand I see the issue. The Drillnaught is a Mega Man boss in a Metroid game, very cool. One hit from it's drills and kiss an energy tank good bye. And unlike literally every enemy in the game you can't counter this one.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, I have encountered the Drillnaught or whatever it was that roadblocked @Interdimensional Observer from beating Samus Returns.

I gotta say, this robot is a dick tho. You free it from whatever it was pinned down, it looks at you, and then just leaves. But then suddenly in the next area, it decides to kill you and in the area after that, you have to fight it.

Yep. It's a pain in the arse. I never beat the game because of it either.