Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

NICE!
Yep, that's exactly it! xD

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A recruitment to surpass Xavier - you just talk to me, but then you have to sit through a 30 minute long diatribe about how anime is the worst thing ever. If you try to skip the cutscene, I become unrecruitable.

That actually makes a LOT of sense. xD

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

that's so kaga

Come to think about it, more than Kaga, it reminds me of the classic adventure game, Gabriel Knight. Being a Sierra game, it had plenty of fun death scenes, but perhaps the most fun of them was the one that happens if you try to speed through one particularly long cutscene, which you do by pressing the space bar. At the end of the scene, Gabriel drives away... But if you're still holding the spacebar, he drives off a cliff and dies. Then a text box appears saying "next time leave the driving to the driver!" Hilarious.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You wanna run that by one more time?

...No. I don't think I will.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That actually makes a LOT of sense. xD

Of course it does!

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ayup.
It's to me what modern Trails is to Shrimpy, basically.

Well, the spin-offs are (or were) decent, I suppose, but those weren't made by GameFreak.

Sun and Moon are peak Pokémon storytelling, even though it doesn't mean much..

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The Empire and Shrimpire are but one and the same! For it shall be the only Empire remaining!

Suspicious! VEEEERY suspcious!

You sure you aren't double agent-ing it? xD

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course it does!

I mean, I'd sit through it if it means more allies! xD

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Sun and Moon are peak Pokémon storytelling, even though it doesn't mean much..

I did play the demo of that one a few years ago, actually, to see if it's worth my time or not.
It wasn't.

---

Was looking through some memes when YouTube rec'd me this.
They (I think it's more than one person?) perfectly captured Byakuren's character. I am... legit speechless.
Also... the vocals make this song even MORE of a masterpiece than it already is.

:floored Draggy:

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Two timing empires, eh?

sure sounds like a great accomplishment if you ask me xD

Actually, that might make for an interesting villain.
Someone who manipulates two nations into going to war with the other, while at the same time ruling both of them, using that war for some purpose or another, for example to instill fear into his subjects to make ruling them easier, or to distract them from something going on behind the scenes.
And it would be the protagonist's task to unearth this and put a stop to it. Something like that!

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Actually, that might make for an interesting villain.
Someone who manipulates two nations into going to war with the other, while at the same time ruling both of them, using that war for some purpose or another, for example to instill fear into his subjects to make ruling them easier, or to distract them from something going on behind the scenes.

or in true bad villain fashion: making them fight because he is bored

or because he got dragon'd/cursed/whatever

in which moment you want to throw your controller away xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

or in true bad villain fashion: making them fight because he is bored

or because he got dragon'd/cursed/whatever

in which moment you want to throw your controller away xD

During the big confrontation, it's like
"Why did you do that?"
"I dunno."
"Well then."

XD

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

fighto fighto!

FOR THE GLORY OF THE EMPIRE!

Sorry to disappoint, but there won't be any fights, not including me, anyways.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Protag loses due to confusion xD

You fight the final battle with all your characters inflicted with incurable confusion status, and you have a very slim chance of actually winning... and only winning gets you the true ending where the protags recover from confusion and it's like "What the heck were we doing here?" xD

Edited by DragonFlames

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it has an English translation... not a very good one...

Oof. I guess not all SRWs get the equal treatment.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To wit, Hero Chronicles - Project Olympus, Another Century's Episode: R, and ProjectxZone are all non SRW OG games that are basically canon to SRW OGverse, thanks to all the interdimensional shenanigans

And he'll, you could make the logic that every game featured in EF and PxZ is canon to the OGverse. Cause the characters never lose their memories. Like, I imagine Arthur in the latest Ghost n Goblins has his memories of the time he kicked ass with Dante Devil May Cry haha.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

love her already lol

Xiaomu is pretty based.

And Project X Zone 2 might be the only game that she's in that you'd enjoy.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Most overrated thing in existence!

The alternative is those ugly-ass 3D models.

Imagine spirte-based Fire Emblem in today's time Shrimpy.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Christ, Xenoblade designs are so fucking bad...

Sleep with one eye open to tonight Ruben. 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Literally, it means "pussy." Though it's more commonly used as a swear. A bit like how "fuck" is used as a swear in English, except instead of the act of sexing itself, we use the instrument of fuckery.

And if you're really pissed off: "coño de la madre", which is just motherfucker in Spanish.

Although the severity depends I guess. Cause my mom says coño occasionally but she'll never say puta. Like in Latin America at least, puta is like the biggest no-no word.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Can't get more overrated than the franchise that plays like baby's first RPG, looks more soulless than a low effort indie title (or about as soulless as anything EA, Ubisoft, Activision et al. put out, take your pick), puts out nothing but utter mediocrity at best, was outdated from the moment it first saw the light of day (even by 1997 GameBoy standards, the first games looked like shit, tbh) and yet somehow still manages to be the most profitable gaming franchise, only because of its name.

Well there's nothing wrong with "baby's first ____" cause some things are just like that. And tbf, Pokemon at the time was a massive deal so even if it technically was outdated (GameBoy moment), it's not fair to disregard it's impact back then. And now but I do agree it's gone to shit lol.  We really went from Gen 5's beautifully crafted sprites to Gen 8's......things.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

You fight the final battle with all your characters inflicted with incurable confusion, and you have a very slim chance of actually winning... and only winning gets you the true ending where the protags recover from confusion and it's like "What the heck were we doing here?" xD

And in the true ending the protag kills the writers for their shitty writing xD

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sleep with one eye open to tonight Ruben. 

I have nothing to fear.

And if you're really pissed off: "coño de la madre", which is just motherfucker in Spanish.

Basically, yes.

Although the severity depends I guess. Cause my mom says coño occasionally but she'll never say puta. Like in Latin America at least, puta is like the biggest no-no word.

Puto/a is a lot more widely used here in Spain. I didn't know it was such a bad swear in Latin America.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

but not Octopath and the like

Octopath's sprites are the one good thing about the game tho.

And the music.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'd love a FE game that used something similar

The cancelled N64 game probably would've used something like that, based on the few screenshots floating around.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Puto/a is a lot more widely used here in Spain. I didn't know it was such a bad swear in Latin America.

Cultural differences.

Of course, I think the very concept of swear words is dumb as fuck so I use puta sometimes. But like mentally or when my mom isn't around, cause she'd snap my neck if she heard me say it.