Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

IMG_20210806_103319.jpg

Looks like they're using the same artstyle as the Part 5 anime. Which is the most accurate but I kinda liked that each Part's anime had a different take.

Oh well.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Despite now being on my third playthrough of HSoS, I finally noticed an item that is only on one enemy in the game, which said enemy never uses. But even still, Kaga's gone too far.

Screenshot_1245.png

Kaga needs to be stopped. He's a menace to society.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, I do feel better now, at least. I still don't feel like playing more Rev right now, though. Meh...

Fuck it, I'm gonna play some FE3 book 2 on the side. It's about time. Book 1 bored me to tears, but I've been told book 2 is different. If the same happens, I'm holding all of you responsible.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I hope that you feel better, then!

Thanks! I think I do, yes.

1 hour ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Effie sucked in my playthrough.

Of course. Everything just has to happen in order to make me look wrong all the time.

The first Heart Seal should be used to make Wyvern!Elise.

Hahahahahaha

Elise.

A blade to the throat is the only thing I'm willing to give Elise.

Marry Niles off to Mozu so he can be reclassed to Archer. Quick Draw + Certain Blow + Bowfaire = GODiles

qz0kPAo.png

They can't even argue that this is too much investment on Niles because their arguments for Mozu already rely on heavy investment. It's perfect. Now everyone here has to admit Niles good.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It could be a vaccine side-effect. Or not. Sometimes we just have bad days and we can't explain why.

Yeah, true enough.

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

I didn't get a foul mood from my shots, but I definitely felt like shit. If that's not it, though, everyone just has those days, I think. Hope you feel better after the nap.

A bit, yes.

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

Despite now being on my third playthrough of HSoS, I finally noticed an item that is only on one enemy in the game, which said enemy never uses. But even still, Kaga's gone too far.

Screenshot_1245.png

This, on one enemy that never uses it?

What the fuck, Kaga. Why are you like this lol.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This, on one enemy that never uses it?

What the fuck, Kaga. Why are you like this lol.

At this point, I'm certain it's either:

a. bugged and the enemy would use it, but he forgot the enemy prioritizes attacking or sth over it?

or b. he did it because haha making the player scared is funny

I'm inclined to believe it's the latter

Today is the Metroid franchise's 35th anniversary.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck it, I'm gonna play some FE3 book 2 on the side. It's about time. Book 1 bored me to tears, but I've been told book 2 is different. If the same happens, I'm holding all of you responsible.

Do not abuse the secret power of the stars above, and the difficulty will be... very inconsistent, but harder than Book 1 at least. I prefer 3B2 to 12 myself.

Draug/Doga is terrible in the long run for several reasons, so use him ofc. 

1 minute ago, Spara said:

At this point, I'm certain it's either:

a. bugged and the enemy would use it, but he forgot the enemy prioritizes attacking or sth over it?

or b. he did it because haha making the player scared is funny

I'm inclined to believe it's the latter

Knowing Kaga... yeah, definitely the latter.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do not abuse the secret power of the stars above, and the difficulty will be... very inconsistent, but harder than Book 1 at least. I prefer 3B2 to 12 myself.

I fully intend to abuse the secret power of the stars above to make Arran good longterm.

Beyond that... Eh. Dunno. We'll see what happens.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Draug/Doga is terrible in the long run for several reasons, so use him ofc. 

I mean, 80% of my favorites are not in this game, so might as well. There are very few people I'm interested in using. Main reason it's taken me so long to try out the game, really.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

@Benice I don’t know if you knew this but I just found out and my mind is blown so this is Skyward Sword’s title screen theme reversed. Sound familiar?

I did know that! I dunno how it sounds so good as just a song reversed, but dang.

'Morning, all! What did I miss?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Especially me. I'm the one who's been shilling it the most.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, 80% of my favorites are not in this game, so might as well. There are very few people I'm interested in using. Main reason it's taken me so long to try out the game, really.

Makes sense. Though Draug is actually kinda neat, because he can use Gradivus indoors for the endgame maps, and promoting him to General means he's got better stats than Sheena.

Just now, Spara said:

Especially me. I'm the one who's been shilling it the most.

Well, I cannot hate on a fellow Berwick connoisseur. So if it comes to that, I'll just blame Armagon, as usual.

Just now, Spara said:

Makes sense. Though Draug is actually kinda neat, because he can use Gradivus indoors for the endgame maps,

Hey, cool!

Just now, Spara said:

and promoting him to General means he's got better stats than Sheena.

Hahahaha, as if I would pass up on Sheena in the game where she's (supposedly) better.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahaha, as if I would pass up on Sheena in the game where she's (supposedly) better.

I think she's only marginally better. Her bases aren't very good (though here at least 17DEF means a lot more), but she has really good growth rates, plus the unique utility of being an indoor Gradivus user for the endgame maps, which she can do at base.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten the main reason I stayed away from this game for so long: The UI is hot garbage. Pretty sure in book 1 I just rolled with it because the game was so easy that the numbers hardly ever mattered, I just had to attack people and they died. If this book is at least a bit challenging, that's going to be a problem, because I'm finding it really difficult to tell how much damage I'm going to do in a timely manner. It's not impossible or anything, but it's... really annoying. At least starting with FE4 they put the stats side by side so I could compare them...

8 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Hey...I still do exist...well...though not enitrely here actually.

I cleared my mind in the past weeks mainly because I felt not well enough with my melancholic mood to make posts matching the thread's standards.

Well, anyways I used the time to make some streams with friends just have to have a bit fun with people, even if they're "just" virtual. I have been streaming a lot lately and also will do it in the future since having people with me gives me the motivation to finish the games I have had in my inventory for so much time. I have finished Mario Galaxy 1, Yoshi's Island and Ys Oath of Felghana in the past weeks.

Though the actual main thing is that I have passed my first exam of civil servant course today which is definitely something I can be happy and maybe a little bit proud of. Yet a long way is to go.

Situation for my relatives hasn't changed for my relatives the last time I was here, but there won't any relevant changes in near future unfortunately.

Anyways just wanted to say "hey" to prove that I'm still alive, but also tell that I am not longer an active member of this forum since I have decided to be active elsewhere, a place which gives me more motivation and also satisfaction. It's not that I dislike this forum or thread, but having the opportunity to act with other people gives me more motivation than just chatting.

My Youtube channel is open to everyone - this is not served as promotion - but only as invitation to maybe make some projects with me. I am going to start Fire Emblem Warriors and Shin Megami Nocturne, so these are games which might be appealing for joining.

Regardless I will go again and wish everyone of you a good future!

I wish you the best with all of your future endeavors!

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uh... Okay, no offense to anyone, but every time we talk about Conquest I feel like this thread is transported back to 2008 Gamefaqs. Seriously, arguing that Mozu is unironically one of the best units in the game because "growths" even though it requires a hilarious amount of investment that could go into anybody else, Niles bad in spite of his utility, Shura worse than boots (okay this one is still a common opinion, sadly)... I swear if there was a proper Jeigan you guys would be calling them an EXP thief!

That being said, far be it from me to judge folks for using Mozu (even if it may seem that way, and I apologize for that), she seems like a fun unit to turn into something good if you actually like her... But "Effie meh" is the most baffling opinion for me. This is average Effie, in every single one of my runs. She gets a truckload of strength and defense, starts one-shotting everything and becomes my best unit for a good chunk of the game, every time. And then I look online and everyone seems to agree, it's just in this thread where it seems like Effie is bench material and Mozu is so much better than her in every way! How?! How'd that happen!?

I wasn’t saying that Effie’s bad, just that this is a perfect level right before I’m going to bench her instead of at the peak of her existence. I think Effie is great, actually.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, you do have to bend over backwards to feed this extremely underpowered unit a whole chapter of enemies that one-shot her (not to mention there are enemies in the way to her that you have to maneuver around while leaving them alive solely for her sake), when you could just give all of that experience to other units that don't absolutely require all of that investment to be viable, not to mention the heart seal to prevent her from being just a worse Haitaka, and giving her the early heart seal means Corrin can't get it, so if you want them to be in a class other than Nohr prince/ss that's an issue.

In today's world where bases reign supreme, that is very far from being considered "objectively good." Is she's Wendy tier? Absolutely not, she can be made to work relatively easily, but she requires a fair amount of investment that others don't. I would hesitate to call her "one of the best units" when you can just give her paralogue's kills to Corrin or Effie instead and make then even more broken than they already are.

I will concede, however, that she benefits from the low amount of archers in Conquest. I would personally rather use Niles or Shura, but I guess lack of competition does give her some usefulness. And I absolutely accept that she's probably a fun unit to use if you don't have an irrational dislike for her like I do. But... Well, not much more than that, honestly. I'd rather deploy Niles for thief utility and the ability to capture other great units like Haitaka, Kumagera, Nichol, Rallyman, etc.

If you want my personal opinion, she’s worth the investment because very few units, especially that early in the game, could get all those kills and be as good as Mozu. Mozu should start semi-consistently one rounding as soon as she gets all that exp, something that no one else could really do. Heck, I think spending 2500 gold to get her a bronze bow and heart seal that early in the game is a bigger sacrifice.

And while Niles does have utility, he doesn’t actually do damage, so I wouldn’t act like one or the other just because they both use bows. They fill different roles.

Maybe I should give archer!Mozu a try in my next run. I've only ever tried to use her as a villager, because the early heart seal always went to Corrin. I'm starting to want to see what the fuss is all about.

Archer Mozu uses normal archer animations.

Edited by Sooks

Screenshot_5285.png?width=766&height=432

Nice, sleek colors for the Dread Varia Suit. Obviously a step-up from the vomit-inducing Fusion Varia Suit.

Although i just noticed but

Screenshot_5286.png?width=767&height=432

This is from the start of the game. It looks like she actually loses this suit and reverts to the default Dread Suit, which makes a lot of sense given that Samus got her original colors back at the end of Fusion.

Looks like this might be one of the few Metroid games that explains why Samus lost her abilities again.

E8HRGVrWYAAdTZt?format=jpg&name=medium

They are confirming you can sequence break. Although whether or not it's actually built-in like in Zero Mission or it's just a "thing you can do" like in the other games remains to be seen.

Also we get to hear what the new rendition of the Metroid theme is like.

Very fitting.

Oh so I just made a quick check and it turns out, the cheat code for the infinite resources actually does work. Citra just automatically disabled it upon restarting the game. Nice.

Well, that's a load off my mind. Now I don't have to do time traveling. The resource system in Fates is dumb anyway.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I wasn’t saying that Effie’s bad, just that this is a perfect level right before I’m going to bench her instead of at the peak of her existence. I think Effie is great, actually.

Good, good. I'm glad to know you're a decent human being.

If you want my personal opinion, she’s worth the investment because very few units, especially that early in the game, could get all those kills and be as good as Mozu. Mozu should start semi-consistently one rounding as soon as she gets all that exp, something that no one else could really do. Heck, I think spending 2500 gold to get her a bronze bow and heart seal that early in the game is a bigger sacrifice.

Guess I gotta do it, now.

Well, I mean, not now, now I literally can't. But next time I play Conquest, whenever that is.

And while Niles does have utility, he doesn’t actually do damage, so I wouldn’t act like one or the other just because they both use bows. They fill different roles.

Yeah, fair enough. The problem is that there are so few deployment slots, I'd rather have a thief capturer than another combat unit.

...I could always bench Elise, though.

Archer Mozu uses normal archer animations.

Normal animations and I get to not have to have her fight at melee range and get outclassed by Haitaka. Sounds good to me.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20210806_103319.jpg

BEST GIRL FOO FIGHTERS LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anasui looks fucking weird

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Looks like they're using the same artstyle as the Part 5 anime. Which is the most accurate but I kinda liked that each Part's anime had a different take.

B-but Stone Ocean's artstyle is just a polished Part 5 artstyle. They're being faithful to the source material.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course. Everything just has to happen in order to make me look wrong all the time.

She even passed her bad genes to Percy.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A blade to the throat is the only thing I'm willing to give Elise.

So are you willing to stick your sword in her?

7 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I do not stream every day, but yeah, this and work respectively my course pretty much consume all my freetime I have. I have to say...I also started...to feel...foreign here, I have to say, but it's probably just because of me and nothing I want to blame anyone here. I think it's the best now for probably everyone that I abstrain from this place. Very most people I got to know when I joined, aren't active anymore nowaways because they found different places. Same with me. Though I enjoyed and also learned a lot from the time being here.

Yeah, sometimes you just don't find the environment comfortable anymore. Sometimes it can occur on one's own, but I apologise if I contributed to it.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe I should give archer!Mozu a try in my next run. I've only ever tried to use her as a villager, because the early heart seal always went to Corrin. I'm starting to want to see what the fuss is all about.

I find Mozu quite useable even when I reclass to archer at Level 10.

But yeah, that with giving her a bunch of enemies in her paralogue.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, I beat Chokepoint Hell in like 40 turns. I swear, if I had died one more time I might've just quit, given my mood right now. Also, the cheat doesn't work, and I really don't feel like time traveling right now. Honestly, I don't feel like doing much of anything right now. But if I do nothing, I get bored and my mood worsens even more. It's so frustrating.

Shame you didn't enjoy it, I find it fun myself dealing with the chokepoints and using the blockades to your advantage especially around reinforcements.

Well, except for killing Ryoma/Xander with unpromoted units. The rest was fun to me.

1 hour ago, Spara said:

Screenshot_1245.png

Is there nothing inconvenient Kaga won't think of?

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm gonna make you a ghost for real if you keep this up.

Jeez, what did she do to you? I feel like I missed anything beyond "the devs made her a loli".

Edited by Dayni

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

When doesn't he?

Spoiler

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/jjba/images/9/97/Femme_anasui.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/174?cb=20150212153448

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm gonna make you a ghost for real if you keep this up.

What is dead may never die.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Jeez, what did she do to you? I feel like I missed anything beyond "the devs made her a loli".

She tempted him.

DS4XPeZ.png

Just now, Ghost_06_ said:

She tempted him.

DS4XPeZ.png

Honestly, I just felt icked out immediately looking at this.

I have to do it.

FaGBP.png.ec14d4e96ec7248b82215a6de926418f.png

@Zan Partizanne I’m sorry if I contributed to the environment here being less enjoyable for you.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm glad to know you're a decent human being.

I benched her so I could use her 12 year old son.

Guess I gotta do it, now.

Well, I mean, not now, now I literally can't. But next time I play Conquest, whenever that is.

Inb4 your Mozu is RNG screwed.

Yeah, fair enough. The problem is that there are so few deployment slots, I'd rather have a thief capturer than another combat unit.

I’ll use them both until I get Niles’ daughter, who has thief utility and is a good combat unit.

...I could always bench Elise, though.

Wow you really don’t like her.

Normal animations and I get to not have to have her fight at melee range and get outclassed by Haitaka. Sounds good to me.

I don’t deny that the villager class sucks.

Project X Zone 1

Screenshot_5304.png

vs

Project X Zone 2

Screenshot_5303.png

Now, the second game has an actual shop and you can also upgrade each unit's attacks and skills so some of that play time was spent on that. But even still, that's like seven hours shaved off, which is a lot.

8 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/jjba/images/9/97/Femme_anasui.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/174?cb=20150212153448

Oh that's right, Anasui did start off as a girl before Araki forgot and made him a dude.

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Shame you didn't enjoy it, I find it fun myself dealing with the chokepoints and using the blockades to your advantage especially around reinforcements.

Well, except for killing Ryoma/Xander with unpromoted units. The rest was fun to me.

I barely utilized the blockades, played extremely poorly and to top it all off I was in a shitty mood. Perhaps I just shouldn't have played the map then.

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Actually, that's... about it, honestly. Beyond that it's mainly just "awesome earlygame troubadour" offending my contrarian nature. Where's my old man healer, Fates? Where?

15 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

She tempted him.

DS4XPeZ.png

Jesus fucking Christ.

Where do you find these things?

Damnit, I just realized how easily taken out of context that line was. In the end, I'm always the one to play myself...

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ll use them both until I get Niles’ daughter, who has thief utility and is a good combat unit.

And cannot capture Kumagera, Nichol, Zhara, Senno and Candace.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow you really don’t like her.

Sometimes I wonder why it even is. Beyond some parts of her design being iffy, I honestly got nothing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where's my old man healer, Fates?

I suppose there's reclassing Fuga (Has Monk) or Gunter. Unfortunately to do the latter he has to marry F!Corrin. Ulgh. Or give Jakob's Friendship support to him come to think of it. And he just can't in Rev.

That's an issue in a lot of FEs though.