Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Great, another Super Mutant horde waiting at Seward Square. Good for a Fat Man nuking, though, heh. I think I'll stop here for the night, though. Deal with them tomorrow or so.

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_5499.png

I still can't get over how Majima's not horny in any Yakuza games.

Kiryu is actually always the horny one, although this may be due to him being playable in in the game with the "live chat" minigame.

Screenshot_5526.png

Screenshot_5527.png

Screenshot_5528.png

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, after you posted the NxC picture, I just noticed Xiaomu "grew" another "fox ponytail" by the time of PxZ.

The NxC duo looks "older" in this game in general compared to how they looked like in NxC.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I still can't get over how Majima's not horny in any Yakuza games.

Have you seen all the women in this game? It's enough to make anyone horny.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Have you seen all the women in this game? It's enough to make anyone horny.

I mean, considerin' that they come from something that's basically real life...

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The NxC duo looks "older" in this game in general compared to how they looked like in NxC.

Oh, certainly. Though from what I just searched up, it seems she only had four in NxC then starting in SRW Endless Frontier she's had five ever since. They likely won't make her grow the sixth so they can keep the "Namco Age 765" joke.

It has been a busy month since I was last around, but hopefully things are quieting down a little.

On 8/4/2021 at 2:40 PM, Benice said:

I managed to pick up both Scholar of the First Sin and Dark Souls 3 deluxe while saving about 130$!

Nice! I hope you wind up enjoying them!

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Great, another Super Mutant horde waiting at Seward Square. Good for a Fat Man nuking, though, heh. I think I'll stop here for the night, though. Deal with them tomorrow or so.

Which Fallout game?

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It has been a busy month since I was last around, but hopefully things are quieting down a little.

Glad to see you back! Hope that you've been well.

Nice! I hope you wind up enjoying them!

...Not diggin' Scholar of the first sin yet, (Just beat the Ruin Sentinels, who killed me more times than any DS1 boss) but I did the beginning of DS3 and find it amazing! I like the additions to the formula it's made so far.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

...Not diggin' Scholar of the first sin yet, (Just beat the Ruin Sentinels, who killed me more times than any DS1 boss)

Much as I like DS2, it is considered the black sheep of the series for a reason. Hopefully it manages to grow on you (and the moment you meet Vendrick is one of my favorite moments in the series).

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

I did the beginning of DS3 and find it amazing! I like the additions to the formula it's made so far.

Oddly enough this was where I started the series, and ended up working backwards, so when I finally got to DS1 I found it kinda underwhelming compared to DS3 (DS2 was a very different and interesting beast...)

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah yes, the one where I discovered over 90% of the map, and hit capped level before following the story to that radio bloke, and not for lack of trying, there was just always something more interesting just off the path to check out "along the way". I feel that statement captured what was good and bad about Fallout 3 nicely...

Oh, Eltosian Kadath is back! That’s a nice coincidence, I thought about them earlier today since I did Ophelia’s paralogue and I recalled them talking about how Ophelia is the best mage in Fates and that her paralogue is worth it just for the loot. Just don’t tell them that Charlotte is Xander’s backpack and she’s seen exactly one round of combat with herself as the lead unit so far.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ah yes, the one where I discovered over 90% of the map, and hit capped level before following the story to that radio bloke, and not for lack of trying, there was just always something more interesting just off the path to check out "along the way". I feel that statement captured what was good and bad about Fallout 3 nicely...

Haha, I remember previous playthroughs for me was the opposite. Doing the storyline and then any sidequest only if it's right on the path or so. Though for this current playthrough I am changing it up a bit. Like, actually going to pick up Dogmeat before going to the radio station. Usually I'd hold it off since it was going way out of track, more or less.

Oddly enough this was where I started the series, and ended up working backwards, so when I finally got to DS1 I found it kinda underwhelming compared to DS3

Yeah, DS1 does show its age a lot. I know it got remastered in 2018, but I hope Bluepoint will remake it as well, potentially even fixing up the more incomplete parts of the game!

It'd be kinda cool if they added a NG+ thing where you actually get to play as Priscilla, as was the initial plan. Or even a remake of the original concept in general, where Andre was the nephew of Gwyn and the father of Solaire!

Screenshot_5533.png

Screenshot_5534.png

So this is a pretty neat mechanic. In this map, you have to use it to snipe the enemies on the other side to reduce the weight so that you can cross but i would like to see the "do this thing to get extra attack range" in other SRPGs.

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, Eltosian Kadath is back! That’s a nice coincidence, I thought about them earlier today since I did Ophelia’s paralogue and I recalled them talking about how Ophelia is the best mage in Fates and that her paralogue is worth it just for the loot.

Is this your first run through Fates? What difficulty? Are you going to use best mage, and the amazing loot from her paralogue?...sorry to overload on questions, but Conquest runs are interesting.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just don’t tell them that Charlotte is Xander’s backpack and she’s seen exactly one round of combat with herself as the lead unit so far.

That is a bit of a shame, as she becomes a combat monster in her own right, but I think a common thing to do. Fun fact, on my very first Conquest run I paired Xander with Charlotte, but I liked attack stance too much to glue her to the back of Xander, and by the end, she was a dramatically better combat unit than Xander it wasn't funny. She could kill anything she looked at, even with attack stance hits, while Xander just got doubled...

I like how her map sprite seems to be wearing not only a completely different thing from her portrait, but it's also something more skin-covering to boot, heh.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I like how her map sprite seems to be wearing not only a completely different thing from her portrait, but it's also something more skin-covering to boot, heh.

Oh no, that's Ranmaru's sprite, a completely different character (well minus the bunny part). You can see the two sprites here

Screenshot_5558.png

The one you were looking at is in the upper left whereas Sheath's sprite is the focus here.

21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Is this your first run through Fates? What difficulty? Are you going to use best mage, and the amazing loot from her paralogue?...sorry to overload on questions, but Conquest runs are interesting.

This is my third play through of Conquest, and if we count all three games, my sixth play though of a Fates game, I think. I am going to use Ophelia! I’m going to use the two Hoshidan type tomes I got, they’re both good, and of course the spirit dust. I think I’ll buy the one lightning tome I can right now and use it to forge a lightning tome with the one I got from the paralogue. Though I don’t know whether Ophelia or Leo is the better candidate for it, probably Ophelia but I’m kind of holding out hope she can double reliably eventually (her mom is Elise by the way).

16 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's a double joke involving a character from Chainsaw Man (read it btw, if you're into manga that is)and the fact that people ignore what I say all the time. No matter, my warnings will go unheard as their cries surely will.

I see!
I have heard good things about that manga. I wouldn't call myself the biggest manga fan (most of the ones I've read, I've read because of Shrimpy's recommendation... which also reminds me that I still need to catch up on stuff!), but I can give it a go at some point, sure!

16 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Do it Draggy! 

I will! ^^
In fact, I am!

That, and I'm considering another project, too, for when I'm done with the Ys game I'm taking a small break from.

15 hours ago, Benice said:

I think you like ARPGs

Yep! ^^

15 hours ago, Benice said:

because you can do this if you have a carrot in your inventory.

Amazing! XD
I might give these a try at some point, too! My backlog is just a little... massive at the moment, so it'll have to wait a bit, but I'm interested after seeing this!

---

Also, while I was indulging in nostalgia a bit, and (re)playing my favorite Neptunia game, I was thinking about doing something fun.
A Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth run where I name my Digimon after you guys. I already have some ideas which creature I will name after which person, but I want to ask your consent first, so here goes.

I found the absolute perfect one for Ruben:

Spoiler

JozGCt1.png

Barbamon
It's a quite powerful magic-focused Digimon. It's also the Demon Lord of Greed, which doesn't fit Ruben but it has a beard, and it's name is literally "Beardmon" (even though it's most likely named after Barbatos).
It's also one of only two Digimon with a beard in the entire game.

For our resident Yakuza-fan Benice, we have

Spoiler

lRZZMSY.jpg

BanchoLeomon
"Bancho" is the Japanese term to refer to a gang leader, which... fits the Yakuza, I would think. XD

For Sooks, since he named himself after his dog, we have

Spoiler

Gaogamon.jpg

Gaogamon
A blue dog. Nothing much to say except that I personally really like this one!
Granted, the other two so far are on their highest evolutionary stage, and Gaogamon isn't, but I have done a playthrough where I didn't use the highest evolution level at all before, so even if Gaogamon is only a Champion level (the third highest) and not a Mega (the highest), I think I might be fine using it!

Unless of course Sooks would rather want to be a Mega-level instead, in which case we would have

Spoiler

77b9a47a912d1c256ddc0f060a9363de.png

MetalGarurumon as the most fitting thing, I believe.

Kaiju-enthusiast Armagon would 100% be this guy:

Spoiler

Goy8Ij7.png

Chaosdramon, a Godzilla-looking robot dragon.
It's quite a large Digimon, too, though not quite Kaiju-size I'm afraid. At least not in-game.
Sadly this huge dragon you see in this screenshot, dwarfing the other creatures in the front
qcPByp3.jpg

is not actually the playable version of it. Or else I would name that thing after Armagon. xD

And so on, basically, haha!
This is only an idea for now, and I have yet to come up with stuff for everyone else, but I will, when you guys give me the okay! ^^
'cuz I imagine this might be a fun run to do!

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_5499.png

@Benice, any footage of this guy being hit on the head?

Morning, actually making progress on New The Earth Finishes Among Ye and I feel like I'm at the stage where it's been nearly as long as the main game of the original. And that's definitely on story as I'm trying to avoid extra grinding (only fighting side missions, no hunting foes). Part of me has been considering the idea of playing the game with minimum battles (This includes cutting out side missions, a tougher ask), but it'd take a while to map out.

KEf4jBJ.jpg

Hype!

qLnNARr.jpg

HYPE!

The only thing more hype in this game (or... honestly just games in general) is the scene where the Next Forms make their debut.
Although, to be fair, the boss there is easily cheeseable, even when you don't actually use any of the Next Forms. Remember this meme I made ages ago?
eWdhOjK.jpg

Yeah... XD

But this first battle against Dark Purple is one of the best boss fights in video game history to me due to everything that happens around it, and the fight itself is... just amazing!
When you're not playing on New Game Plus and the boss goes down in like three hits, that is. XD