Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, ping said:

GlFsT9X.jpg

:]
Highest population in the world with only three cities. Polders are fun.

Massive population growth is fun. 88 Happiness atop that, I think you can afford to expand a little.

...And how did you get that many wonders?😮 Petra, Notre Dame, and Chichen Itzá go fast. The Great Library and Stonehenge are extra suspicious.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Something akin to the supercharge status from XCX possibly, where it raises power for arts 

To be precise, Supercharge worked for one hit of one Art. All hits after the first didn't benefit from it. Which is bad when almost all good damage dealing Arts hit more than once. Helps explain why the Photon Saber aura called Novalibrium that provided Supercharge every time you took damage wasn't so great.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be precise, Supercharge worked for one hit of one Art. All hits after the first didn't benefit from it. Which is bad when almost all good damage dealing Arts hit more than once. Helps explain why the Photon Saber aura called Novalibrium that provided Supercharge every time you took damage wasn't so great

Thats what i meant, yeah.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Massive population growth is fun. 88 Happiness atop that, I think you can afford to expand a little.

...And how did you get that many wonders?😮 Petra, Notre Dame, and Chichen Itzá go fast. The Great Library and Stonehenge are extra suspicious.

Great Library on Emperor is a gamble, but it can work out if you're lucky. In this case, I got only one settler before building it, hoping that the spot to the left wouldn't get taken by Babylon. It helped that they took their first expo elsewhere, which iirc went down before I started Great Library. Used the Library to bulb Mathematics, researched Currency before Philosophy. As the Dutch, entering Medieval with Guilds isn't too bad anyway (I normally go Civil Service, then Theology, or vice versa if I want to go for Borobodur/Hagia) because that's the prerequisite for Polders.

Stonehenge just happens to not be taken when I had finished Petra (775 BC) and the National College(550 BC). Guess none of the civs were particularly religion-focused. Notre and Chichen... well, at that point, I've been having an awesome science game.

I'm actually not sure if a fourth city would've been helpful. There wasn't any great spots left (in particular none at a river), so unless I would've tried to conquer Persepolis, it wouldn't have added all that much.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

extra suspicious.

Oy. ;):
4ga71dU.png

That's a "6" in the difficulty setting right there.

Edited by ping

Well, well, well.

Spoiler

So, just cleared the superboss.

They kept the old drop rate on the item that it can drop.

And apparently it doesn't respawn, same as the original.

Here we go again I suppose.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

What exactly determines which character gets reactivated during chain attack?

It appears to be random. I think.

There are certain Hero effects that guarantee a reactivation tho.

and i presume 3 at 200%

Yes.

Also what is exactly power charge?

I actually don't know but it sounds powerful.

Spoiler

Dual guns

Is that who i think it is

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Actually, how would that work? Would it just a reddit thread of all the posts we made talking about the political messaging of Fates?

Needs to be in one neat post, i think

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually don't know

*Xeno Expert* 

This just in: Armagon has falsified his credentials on being an expert! What will he scheme next!? Stay tuned!

I tried typing out some of my depression. I won't, but I feel like I could almost puke it out now, I wish I could. 

I envy all of thee, going about your mortal existences in blissful glee of new games. I'm taking a break from Civ 5, and I don't think I can focus on Kirby in my current state. I would like to maybe start Ys Seven, the ninth entry did help me through some self-loathing a few months ago, but I just can't concentrate enough to start that. Even if I had XC3 ATM, there is no way in seven hells I would be able to truly enjoy it. I've been in pursuit of distraction for the past week, and now either the distractions aren't strong enough anymore, or the melancholy has outgrown them. 

I see family going about their daily lives without worry, I can ask myself on this- how? How can they be so unconcerned, so content, so immersed in the mundane. I can't. I awaken early and are exhausted against my maddened will into slumber only late. I've skipped dessert more often than I usually do, so focused on trying to be lost in the Internet. I express little of this on my face and in my body language, trying to appear normal to them.

This isn't healthy!😖

...Sorry, I needed to vent some more.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Espeon or Umbreon then

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh hey, it's that fuckwad.

Did nothing wrong

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

O O F

I even bought a few DVDs to burn

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Off the top of my head, there are indeed more. And not just one, either. Though I'm more of a Sylvis fan, myself.

But do they get the Kaga treatment like Mathilda?

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I tried typing out some of my depression. I won't, but I feel like I could almost puke it out now, I wish I could. 

I envy all of thee, going about your mortal existences in blissful glee of new games. I'm taking a break from Civ 5, and I don't think I can focus on Kirby in my current state. I would like to maybe start Ys Seven, the ninth entry did help me through some self-loathing a few months ago, but I just can't concentrate enough to start that. Even if I had XC3 ATM, there is no way in seven hells I would be able to truly enjoy it. I've been in pursuit of distraction for the past week, and now either the distractions aren't strong enough anymore, or the melancholy has outgrown them. 

I see family going about their daily lives without worry, I can ask myself on this- how? How can they be so unconcerned, so content, so immersed in the mundane. I can't. I awaken early and are exhausted against my maddened will into slumber only late. I've skipped dessert more often than I usually do, so focused on trying to be lost in the Internet. I express little of this on my face and in my body language, trying to appear normal to them.

This isn't healthy!😖

We're here to listen, man. Always remember this.

I have obtained every Hero. I have done the side stories of the main six. I think it is time for me to take on the final boss.

But I won't actually be done with this game until I've 100%'d it. I don't want my time with this game to end just yet.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh and still in CH3 but now lvl 40!

*RDJ meme image* he is overleveled.

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry, I needed to vent some more.

Vent all you need my friend. Simply holding it in will do more harm than good.

Edited by Armagon

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*RDJ meme image* he is overleveled

"Prepared" is more like it! After all, the best fights are the ones you have little to no chance of actually succeeding! 

(Talking about fighting UM's ofc)

Edited by lightcosmo

Story is making my head spin lol

Like, so many theories lolol

Although ngl

Spoiler

The consuls

worry me alot.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry, I needed to vent some more.

Vent!

Let it all out!

Oh and still in CH3 but now lvl 40!

Ch3 lvl32 here!

Just finished Colony 30 and it's sidequests

The one i was able to finish anyway . That 10 phases one will probably take me whole game lmao

War medic class tho, so good!

43 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Talking about fighting UM's ofc

Ikrrrrr

They overdid it a bit with the UMs xD

Better than too easy tho

Edited by Shrimpy

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Ikrrrrr

They overdid it a bit with the UMs xD

Better than too easy tho

I love the adrenaline of the hunt, though! Xd

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Ch3 lvl32 here!

Just finished Colony 30 and it's sidequests

The one i was able to finish anyway . That 10 phases one will probably take me whole game lmao

So we're walking side by side, then! Awesome!

Only class I dont really like so far is tactician. It's healing... Is awful.

Theres no reason to apologise for wanting to be happy. Its totally understandable.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

We're here to listen, man. Always remember this.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Vent all you need my friend. Simply holding it in will do more harm than good.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

Vent!

Let it all out!

Thank you all.🙂

I managed to remember and find an LP of a game I half-watched. It managed to calm me down, yet as soon as IRL interrupted me with one little task, it all came surging back.😢

I've my bedroom door shut, laying down enfeebled with fear, others in another room are watching that TV trash called The Bachelorette. How sharp the contrast. There is nothing I'm interested in watching on TV myself right now, I'm not hungry, my 'drive is crushed, I can't read like this, I can't play games like this. Watching a let's play requires I think of something that would interest me enough, and video game music by itself won't fix this.

Here I lay, so sensitive that I don't want to see the word "was" to describe a person that is no longer alive. About a week ago I was at a museum, ecstatically nerdy surrounded by objects owned by people who "were" centuries and millennia ago, now all I can see in such collections is deathdeathdeathdeath. I think back to former pets and grandparents, they've been... gone, it feels so weird, they have been no more and the world has continued without them, it's frighteningly bizarre. I think of the countless humans lives that have been forgotten by history, and the few who survive in memory endure so limited when you think about it, even the famous. I realize my perspective is anthropocentric, and turn to all the life that has existed and no longer does. I don't want to die -but I know I will! 😱 My oft-repeated cry from the heart.😭

With no one able to see me, I let my body quake and tremor with dread. I briefly clench my hands or hold them to my head. I exhale, wheeze, and pant with some frequency to try releasing some of this weight on my chest. I attempt to cry, though tears don't follow. I would like to scream, but I must be too repressed in demeanor, as I don't know how. And when I momentarily step out of my room, I bury all of this below a veneer of little emotion and normality. 

I'm feeling so down that I sent an inquiry explaining my situation to an anonymous relationships advice column a couple hours ago, asking basically "how to nudge my family into booking a therapist for me when they've been (with some justification) putting it off for a while". I probably won't get a reply for weeks, or months, yet I felt like I had to do something, even if it is futile (not unlike life itself).

This was not unpredictable. Mid-late summer is a time when a depression episode has often struck me before. Doesn't make this any less worse. My birthday is almost a month away, family has been asking what I want to do, what I want. Why celebrate that reminder of aging, why celebrate one of such insignificance, why celebrate the passage of time? I might've shown impatience for X2 in the past couple of topic pages, but I always criticize myself nowadays for saying anything to the effect of "I can't wait!". No. You can wait, why be eager to see the advance of time? That means lives age, they get closer to death and die. Time is bad, you should want time to come to a halt. (Truly, Hinduism was right to make Mahakala and Kali the highly destructive deities of death and time.) Presents? I don't want video games, I want immortality, for myself, for everyone, for the universe itself.

-I think that summarizes my thoughts and feelings right now. May this release be useful insight if you see someone else in your life who is struggling.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I have obtained every Hero. I have done the side stories of the main six. I think it is time for me to take on the final boss.

But I won't actually be done with this game until I've 100%'d it. I don't want my time with this game to end just yet.

You. Are. Fast.

And you don't need to 100% right away with the other DLC waves yet to come. You'll have to revisit things before you know it. Not that I expect you'll take a break until you've acquired a saliva sample from every UM there is.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don’t apologize for that, it’s good to vent, and much better for you than not doing so! 

This final dungeon is looong.

Like I started at 8:30. It is 11:09.

The consuls

If I may share my thoughts on the Consuls, they are....an interesting breed of villain. If it makes sense, I personally believe that while they aren't personally engaging, they are narratively engaging. Their role in the story works well.

There may not be a villain that hits in this game imo but I can't say I think of the Consuls as bad antagonists. So props to you Takahashi.

Multi-Blast is an essential Art.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You. Are. Fast

Tbf I had a week's headstart.

The main story does feel shorter but I think that's because, since the entire party gets together early on, the introductions are frontloaded instead of having to wait for everyone to arrive like in basically every other JRPG.

You know, Baten Kaitos Origins also had this advantage too. Not saying every game needs to do this but both of these made it work really well.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

But do they get the Kaga treatment like Mathilda?

None of them ever get captured by the enemy.

Well, except for that whole "capturing and POW exchange being gameplay mechanics" thing. But that applies to everyone.

Edited by BrightBow

I recently got this on mobile. It will be such a fun way to pass the time at work since... man, I can't believe the only complain I have about work is that... some days the workload is light enough I can finish it so early I end up with hours of just... be there waiting for the workday to end.

I'm so glad to have found this job, hahaha...

My WiFi was gone for fifteen minutes. Of all times for that to happen. With my TV service being a streaming service, it meant I couldn’t have anything on as background noise. And I want noise before I try to go to sleep.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

If I may share my thoughts on the Consuls

They went with a Roman Republican office again? We had Quaestor-turned-Praetor Amalthus, and now Consuls. The other three distinctly Roman major offices were: Tribune, Aedile, and Censor. All of six of these were considered "magistrates".

The main story does feel shorter but I think that's because, since the entire party gets together early on, the introductions are frontloaded instead of having to wait for everyone to arrive like in basically every other JRPG.

Which does sometimes drag out the story, as some chapters can feel like they exist primarily to add that next character, and delay the next big story beat. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but I could've sworn I've felt that way before.

You know, Baten Kaitos Origins also had this advantage too. Not saying every game needs to do this but both of these made it work really well.

I was already thinking of you making comparisons to that game when you mentioned liking the use of all the heroes at once.😉

'Course BKO had half the cast size, so it isn't as impressive I would think.

The other game that comes readily to mind for me where you get to use all the heroes together all at once is Persona 2. Five playables to be precise, and Innocent Sin's crew comes together at the start of the first dungeon.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I recently got this on mobile. It will be such a fun way to pass the time at work since... man, I can't believe the only complain I have about work is that... some days the workload is light enough I can finish it so early I end up with hours of just... be there waiting for the workday to end.

I've never played a Professor Layton game for some reason. Though I was well aware of it from the very first entry, my interest never rose to the point of wanting to try it out.

As I'm aware of the franchise's positive reputation, unusual for the rather niche puzzle genre, I hope that you enjoy it.