Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

bZ688Av.png

Lookin' good so far!

The general attitude seems pretty positive! Out of those who's answered, only myself and Dayni have really swayed into salty territory, and not even by much.

Put me down for hyped!

Edit: in a good way that is.

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 177.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Doctors hate him! This one neat trick-

Good to hear that it worked I suppose. And hello again by the way.

Hi again.
Saying something worked is questionable... getting a fever by covid infection to melt enough mucus out of my head to fill a quarter bucket was not in anyone's plan. Nor would I recommend it to anyone, given the fact I had to vomit out liquid mucus that made it down my throat on three separate occasions. That said... it also means I'm not getting headaches from the mucus pushing my sinuses into odd shapes.... and I didn't need surgery. If anything, that's just a complete fluke. But... freakishly odd occurrences seem to be a theme in my life.

2 hours ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Wait, you didn't hear? Hanneman is the final boss of Three Hopes. He betrayed everyone cuz he was sick of not being playable and getting disrespected. The game ends with him blowing everyone up with the Meteor spell!!

You know, I know so little about Three Hopes due to a mix of fatigue on Three Houses and Musou games (I spent over 200 hours on Hyrule Warriors alone. Don't even get me started on Fire Emblem Warriors and Age of Calamity) I could believe this.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rewatching the trailer, I discovered that, in a blink-and-you-miss-it moment, it is revealed people will have multiple outfits that can be swapped at will. Most likely the reason portraits are gone, come to think about it.

You know what that means.

I'm personally hoping for a clown costume for a certain protagonist. Make them match their hair.

48 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Looks like there's fishing in this game.

+10 salt

We should use all this salt to add more variety to the fishing by throwing in some sharks and marlin.

23 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

that makes me wonder how they are gonna approach this and who will be able to equip the rings and use stand powers

If everyone can, then i expect a big returning cast, if only certain key characters can, then i expect a lower amount and mostly protags only

I'd personally hope the rings kind of work like the battalions last time. You know... anyone can equip any one and certain ones are useful for certain strategies. But this time with abilities attached such as canto. Then you'd have an excuse to have a lot of different rings.

Also, gotta say, i am digging the fact that Red & Green from the starter squad aren't cav's instead time, instead a Mage and a Staff brawler

Jagen a boring ass Paladin tho, but we haven't gotten one in a while so i can stomache that

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

12 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I'm personally hoping for a clown costume for a certain protagonist. Make them match their hair.

If only. It would shoot up three spots on the rank just from that.

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Also, gotta say, i am digging the fact that Red & Green from the starter squad aren't cav's instead time, instead a Mage and a Staff brawler

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Loli and shota is annoying, but at least she's not a generic fragile cleric.

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Jagen a boring ass Paladin tho, but we haven't gotten one in a while so i can stomache that

I fucking hate you. Let me have my gosh darned beardman, you shrimpy twat.

Jk but no really. Like, at this point I would argue the fact that he's a regular dude with a beard among ridiculous anime teens and lolis is what makes him special.

Plus armor spikes

The only thing i am really confliced about is the MoV nerf across the board...but then again this might balance Cavs and others a bit more?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I fucking hate you. Let me have my gosh darned beardman, you shrimpy twat.

Jk but no really. Like, at this point I would argue the fact that he's a regular dude with a beard among ridiculous anime teens and lolis is what makes him special.

Plus armor spikes

You misunderstood xD

I don't mind the beard/regular dude etc. He looks pretty cool honestly

I mind the Paladin class because i have a bit of a gripe towards Paladin Jagens xD

I prefer em more like FE5 or RD if they have to be there

I prefer the Fates method of the Dragon Stone being your Jagen tho

29 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

The only thing i am really confliced about is the MoV nerf across the board...but then again this might balance Cavs and others a bit more?

Hopefully they'll have smaller maps to compensate.

29 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

You misunderstood xD

I don't mind the beard/regular dude etc. He looks pretty cool honestly

I mind the Paladin class because i have a bit of a gripe towards Paladin Jagens xD

Fair enough.

Reclass him to brawler. Old fist man. Beats people with his beard.

10 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

U1qc14v.gif

See, earlygame loli is dumb, but on the other hand, it's a loli that brawls. That's cool.

The answer is to bench and make someone the old man a brawler.

41 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

They gotta have their "stereotypes" i guess? XD Jagen paladins have been kinda intergrained in the series since... well, Jagen. lmao.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

There are no routes in this game, they would've advertised that at the start.

What makes you so sure?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just watched the Octopath 2 trailer.

Holy shit it looks good.

Finally someone in teehee joining me on this!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hopefully they'll have smaller maps to compensate

Or focus on Mov skills maybe? We already see our cav moving 3 extra spaces after an attack, so maybe extra mov options will be tied to skills?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reclass him to brawler.

We don't know how reclassing is in the game yet. IF it is even in the game

BinBla!Marcus (seriously) and Sigurd (memetically) have been the most well-done Jeigans in the series, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the classic Pala-Jeigan archetype.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The world looks way more vast and with a lot more varied planes to explore, and I loved the look of the chracters so far.

...except the huntress. Ha'anit was way cooler. But who knows, might get a surprise there.

Anyway, it'll be hard picking between the tormented scholar and mr. fedora and trenchcoat dork for the starter.

4 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Or focus on Mov skills maybe? We already see our cav moving 3 extra spaces after an attack, so maybe extra mov options will be tied to skills?

Could be, certainly. I wonder how they've handled that, if so.

We don't know how reclassing is in the game yet. IF it is even in the game

In one manner or another, it has been an unmovable staple of the series since Shadow Dragon. I'd say the chance of there being no reclassing is very low.

12 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Marcus is way too overcenterlizing

In BinBla? I disagree. He's your strongest unit in the first, what, 8-10 maps, but outside of ch.1 (which is technically beatable without him, I guess), he's never the guy doing everything for you. You get Deke and an Armourslayer in ch.2, Rutger in ch.4, and Zealot in ch.7, all the while Allen and Lance become more and more dependable. Plus, Marcus is fine-tuned to weaken, but not kill, every enemy on ch.1's map, which makes him the best Jeigan at actually jeiganing.

BlaBla!Marcus is too strong, though.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Is this not the case too? Cause I was under the impression that you can't fuse the uber-mega endgame demons without doing several fusions before then.

The thing is, you can take what's available early and keep going at it. Looking at SMTV, as soon as I reached the second ingame area, not too long, I could start chatting up Pyro Jacks, recruit Pixies from the first area, make an Erthys, get another Pyro Jack, fuse them, and you'd only need to fuse another five Erthys via Pyros and Pixies to get to Titania, the last in the Fairy line. Not exactly something so tedious as to keep 99% of players from doing it.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hmm. There's a point here. I suppose one way to fix it would be to make it to that the new demon doesn't exceed past 5 levels of you. So even if you were to try to fuse to endgame, if you're only Lv.5, you won't get much out of it.

There was a set of apps in SMTIV that did let you raise the fusion level limit. I could think of better things to spend my limited app points on, but you could raise the ceiling by 15 levels if a player so desired.

Although it's not demon/persona fusion, SMT did try a different limiter once, in Digital Devil Saga. Mantras are roughly comparable to TMS's Carnages, in that they teach skills. You could technically grind at the start of the game until you got the Destroyer mantra for learning Ragnarok, however, Destroyer costs 1.5 million to buy. And you'd have to buy a slew of other mantras totaling over 2 million more to even get to Destroyer on line/grid. And you have to buy each the mantra for each character individually, so that ~3.5 mil would be Ragnarok for one. Even at the end of the game, getting enough cash to buy Destroyer will take a little time.

My point- one could consider adding a money (or perhaps Magnetite as a fusion-only currency) cost to demon fusion, with the cost gradually scaling upwards such that it'd take eons to grind cash for fusing up later demons in the earlier areas, not so much in later ones due to increasing currency drops. It's one possibility.

6 hours ago, joevar said:

unless they really trying hard to sell the whole engagement ring idea

Hmm?

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2022-09-14-at-8-51-49-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2022-09-14-at-8-52-51-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2022-09-14-at-8-54-22-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2022-09-14-at-8-54-59-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2022-09-14-at-8-55-14-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2022-09-14-at-8-55-33-AM.png

Thank you making me imagine this, except with Marth & Colaord.

Screenshot_29.png?width=1219&height=646

Atelier Firis walked so that Ryza 2 could run so that Ryza 3 could fly.

Makes me wonder how the story will be handled tho, not that Atelier plots are particularly deep. I'd imagine it's get the mcguffins and we can do so in any order and

8gxppvfip6i11.jpg?auto=webp&s=cb7c71e703

Oh no.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Crazy how a song about one of Russia's most infamous men goes hard.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dunno man, I must say, personally, I took greater issue with "Emblem Fusion!"

Fiia Emberum

6 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Because Koei Tecmo being involved again fills me with fear.

To be fair, this time Gust is involved and i'm way more confident in Gust projects than i am in Koei Tecmo projects.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rewatching the trailer, I discovered that, in a blink-and-you-miss-it moment, it is revealed people will have multiple outfits that can be swapped at will. Most likely the reason portraits are gone, come to think about it.

...huh, i didn't think of that. I just thought the "portraits" being animated was a cute touch.

2 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

that makes me wonder how they are gonna approach this and who will be able to equip the rings and use stand powers

If everyone can, then i expect a big returning cast, if only certain key characters can, then i expect a lower amount and mostly protags only

If they have to voice and model them all, I would imagine it's being limited to protagonists+a few others.

That being said, i think anyone can equip

image_2022-09-14_091157226.png?width=114

Roy and Micaiah are equipped to the knight guy and the younger twin respectively.

I think the safe bet is the 12 in the mural+a few more (also this is very easily a defend map btw).

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What makes you so sure?

Cause that's something that's advertised at the start. Fates did it, Three Houses did it, Three Hopes....didn't' but in hindsight, it didn't need to.

32 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Ryza saying "bye-bye" to the hideout from the first game has me crying man.

Seems this game will very much be a sendoff of the Secret trilogy, much like how Lydie & Suelle was a sendoff for Mysterious before we came back with Sophie 2.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My point- one could consider adding a money (or perhaps Magnetite as a fusion-only currency) cost to demon fusion, with the cost gradually scaling upwards such that it'd take eons to grind cash for fusing up later demons in the earlier areas, not so much in later ones due to increasing currency drops. It's one possibility.

Yeah, i'd take this tbh.

I just generally don't like level-gating when it comes to equipment. If you recall, it was one of my criticisms of Xenoblade X. Even Atelier, it kinda ticks me off (not as much as the previous two examples), since certain items are unable to be crafted until you reach the proper synthesis level....but like you wouldn't be able to craft them anyway if you don't have access to the ingredients. 

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ryza 3 could fly.

The game feels so adventurous!

Seriously replace Ryza with Adol and i might've thought it's Ys 10 xD

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh no

Gonzales in Atelier oh yeS?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Seems this game will very much be a sendoff of the Secret trilogy

Also those numbers

1.3 Million copies.

I expect 2 Mil.+ for the whole trilogy then.

2 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Saying something worked is questionable... getting a fever by covid infection to melt enough mucus out of my head to fill a quarter bucket was not in anyone's plan. Nor would I recommend it to anyone, given the fact I had to vomit out liquid mucus that made it down my throat on three separate occasions. That said... it also means I'm not getting headaches from the mucus pushing my sinuses into odd shapes.... and I didn't need surgery. If anything, that's just a complete fluke. But... freakishly odd occurrences seem to be a theme in my life.

In the sense that fever is your body's response to infection, it appears Covid got it to respond enough to deal with the mucus, hence the worked.

2 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

We should use all this salt to add more variety to the fishing by throwing in some sharks and marlin.

Saltwater ponds? Why not?

How's life besides?

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Sure didn't feel that way with 3H, but then again that wasn't uniform.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I would need to get on 1, but it does look like it wouldn't be required playing.

And yeah, it obviously looks nice and sounds are good with it too.

Interesting note

unknown.png?width=1148&height=645

You are encouraged to equip rings to compatible classes in order to get bonuses.

This explains why the other rings in the other screenshot where on characters with matching classes.

Seriously replace Ryza with Adol and i might've thought it's Ys 10 xD

Gust saw Falcom take like 30 million years in releasing Ys 10 and Nisa taking another 40 billion to release it and said "watch this".

Game is releasing almost an exact year after Sophie 2 so i wonder if February is gonna be the designated Atelier month from now on.

Now how come Ryza 3 is seamless open world but not Xenoblade 3?

Q82r9rG.png

Fire Emblem Fans

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Sure didn't feel that way with 3H, but then again that wasn't uniform

3H still had cavs with 7 mov.

Here cavs got 5

That's quite a difference

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gust saw Falcom take like 30 million years in releasing Ys 10 and Nisa taking another 40 billion to release it and said "watch this".

Game is releasing almost an exact year after Sophie 2 so i wonder if February is gonna be the designated Atelier month from now on.

Seriously.

Gust was able to ride the popularity wave and started localizing fast and look where they are now!

Meanwhile Falcom is shooting itself in the foot with their slow ass slowness