Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also why Loogi specifically lol

I have Reflect and Invisibility on him, I want him to be even more broken.

1 hour ago, Doomer06 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

>create a pessimistic but realistic story

>suddenly satanic cults, demons and whatnot

Falcom moment

Spoiler

We had a cone-shaped spaceship materialize out of thin air in Sky but a cult is too unrealistic?

59 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Awakening does take place thousands of years later but it doesn't seem like technology has advanced that much...or at all

Fire Emblem is perpetually stuck in Medieval times. Three thousand years later yet almost no progress made.

You could say it's an Endless Now

unknown-1.png

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't know if you've any interest in getting Luigi's "get more dashes after jumping" upgrade, but if you do, I just found out the way that the extra dashes are only added on a clean landing. If you fall on a piece of cover or a character, it doesn't count

Damn, I wouldn't be able to exploit it for movement.

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fire Emblem is perpetually stuck in Medieval times. Three thousand years later yet almost no progress made.

unknown-1.png

Fire Emblem fans would literally go Z-chan on IS' ass if they try to do something not medieval.

Anytime the question is asked people just go "No medieval no play"

Edited by Imperator Squilla

11 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Fire Emblem fans would literally go Z-chan on IS' ass if they try to do something not medieval.

Anytime the question is asked people just go "No medieval no play"

Fire Emblem fans when FE18 is based on the Renaissance 

Dn6eOoNVsAE9JFN.jpg

everytime i play non-3DS FE i miss how slick 3DS FE is.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dn6eOoNVsAE9JFN.jpg

Gun Celica is something i never knew i needed.

Gimme IS

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Renaissance FE with like DaVinci tech would be insanely interesting tho.

I want full on magitech FE tbh.

Year SRPG in such a setting probably exists, but FE gameplay just hits different

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dn6eOoNVsAE9JFN.jpg

Warp Ragnarok is her second best skill in Engage. The best is just her shooting the Fell Dragon with a gun.

14 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

KjSAUMm.png

Too slow

ICAIN4R.png

Too Frail

R49oZyP.png

Tfw

I might actually use Setsuna lol

Setsuna is a good unit.

If there was a breathalyzer for depression, I think I could blow a positive with the device on the other side of the room. The creeping melancholy from the past few days is in full force right now, I'd say it was last night too.😞

Thankfully, I got some basic bloodwork done yesterday that my general practitioner wanted. So maybe one more meeting with the family doctor and my physical wellbeing shall be taken care of. Meaning somebody will start seriously looking for a psychologist for me. (Not a psychiatrist, I'll start with the one who you talk to as treatment, not the one that can prescribe medication. I want to avoid meds if possible.)

There is a pinch of irony in what started my current melancholic mood, was watching a science documentary on the treadmill. I'm trying to get on the 'mill five times a week or ideally every day for 30-50 minutes, and the reason for stepping it up is b/c I when I visited the general practitioner, my weight edged a little higher than I was expecting and are comfortable with.😐 So with that and a factual but terse polite suggestion from the gp, I've been trying trying to make a little exercise each day routine, hoping it'll stick over time, as I've always failed to get into a long-term rhythm with it. I've been having success with it, surprisingly, I'm happy with that.🙂 And then I saw the results of my bloodwork today online, it's one thing to know you're overweight and eat too much sugar and butter, it's another to actually know you've a scientifically quantified excess of sugar and cholesterol in your systems. I'm not young anymore, I need to improve. 

And yet, the last episode of a Netflix series hypothesizing about life on other planets had a few moments where I was like "Nope gotta skip ahead, this might trigger me!😬" And a few days later, lo, I am given to melancholy. How pathetically fragile can I be? A few brief moments of the cold and impersonal macrocosmic, and it's sent me into this miserable mindset. Others don't flinch at far more than that. And to push it not off the stage, just barely behind the curtain, I feel like I have to stay on the Internet. I would like to resume Xenosaga, if I get well into a play session of it, it should provide some temporary repression, but I irrationally don't want to be in that brief time where I'm not online and before Xenosaga takes over as my mental stabilizer. So here I am, on the Internet, on this site, watching an LP of a PS1 game I remembered existed, checking news from over the world despite little of it being happy, watching a video showing a picture of a mummified chicken butchered and ready for cooking in the afterlife from King Tut's tomb, eagerly following the drip-feed of news on a smutty game, trying to keep myself from taking too many symptomatic deep breaths and exhales. It's pathetic.😔

Just me venting some depression is all! You can ignore all of the above!

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dn6eOoNVsAE9JFN.jpg

Celica is letting the past be dead as the gods would want it. Old magic was the preserve of a lucky and elite few. Anyone can grab a gun!😎

"I am a great believer in the necessity of peace. Here's my peacemaker!🔫"

31 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

R49oZyP.png

Those bases seem overbalanced. She should not be having that much Skl I would think, the gap between her Takumi shouldn't be too small.

The end of Shadows of Valentia: Part 1

13P7ZUE.jpg

Yeah, that happened a while ago, Python.

PumHx90.jpg

Wait, why is Conrad still wearing his Lucina mask?

6KurgUw.jpg

Now this is some ship art if I've ever seen it.

U6IVQk0.jpgfQEW9wT.jpg

These two were definitely banging each other's brains out and there's no possible way you can convince me otherwise.

Pnvjjhl.jpg

That was actually a really good death scene that unfortunately doesn't mean much as far as the larger plot is concerned.

Q6mBPUc.jpg

And create trade relations with Arcahnea to keep your people from starving, yes?

RaT2MMc.jpg

I'll take that as a yes!

ArDiClq.jpg

Oh I wish I could believe you Lukas.

dzPzIEe.jpg

Well if you guys are willing to do some farming that means you'd be okay with the commoners doing some of the ruling right?

RIGHT?!!

QR5PCOF.jpg

Trash Computer GIF - Trash Computer Pissed Off - Discover & Share GIFs

Sp34F7L.jpg

Oh Jesus that makes- How many times has Celica been damseled at this point? I've lost count.

zWEJHf4.jpg

Pretty sure he was always an arrogant unhinged asshole.

u92ukGG.jpg

So if Berkut's uncle loved him and was always in his life, how the hell did Berkut grow to be so unhinged?

8pnLBUa.jpg

You're talking to an illusion, Berkut.

l8DEosB.jpgxBX9CWJ.jpg

This almost like a Garon situation where we're told but never shown a lighter side to an evil character.

sZ5vUp4.jpg

On second thought, his death doesn't make me feel anything.

aqx1XCF.jpg

Camus?

dPGjExb.jpg

This is such a meta take from Tatiana that it almost feels like a fourth wall break.

PyKTv6S.jpg

Welcome to SoV, the only Fire Emblem game that forces you to solo as the main character.

qSEfk4u.jpg

Oh...

KfdbdFE.jpg

Hahahaha! What a game over screen!

Although, what happens now? This is my first time getting a game over, in a dungeon no less, it's not going to push me to the last save, is it?

kUEvrjK.jpg

To be continued...

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

PumHx90.jpg

Wait, why is Conrad still wearing his Lucina mask?

Because he needs it to think he looks cool.

Also he still thinks he needs to hide his identity, which considering the tweet for Celica on Engage, guess he pulled it off.

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

8pnLBUa.jpg

He thinks it's Kliff, the man who killed his father.

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

l8DEosB.jpgxBX9CWJ.jpg

This almost like a Garon situation where we're told but never shown a lighter side to an evil character.

Fuck it, I'mma say it.

This is a hallucination to me.

I don't care if the writers say it's canon, it can only be Berkut imagining Rinea being as forgiving in death as in life, because he burnt out her fucking soul.

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Welcome to SoV, the only Fire Emblem game that forces you to solo as the main character.

I mean, the part that bothers me moreso is that it expects you to account for changing map layo-

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

qSEfk4u.jpg

Oh...

RIP.

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Although, what happens now? This is my first time getting a game over, in a dungeon no less, it's not going to push me to the last save, is it?

kUEvrjK.jpg

Aw shit, you didn't get to the Mila Shrine through the door to the trial's left beforehand.

Fuck man, that's rough.

56 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How bout I don't.

One thing I'll mention on the physical ailments, at least you know and can bring it down. You're taking steps in that direction, which is good.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"I am a great believer in the necessity of peace. Here's my peacemaker!🔫"

"Things are finally peaceful, now that you're dead"

26 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

So if Berkut's uncle loved him and was always in his life, how the hell did Berkut grow to be so unhinged?

That's a thing that happens unfortunately. 

29 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

kUEvrjK.jpg

I wouldn't have let this happen to me.

30 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

aqx1XCF.jpg

Camus?

Wait bruh, you're just now realizing?

30 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

8pnLBUa.jpg

The illusion

cover9.jpg

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If there was a breathalyzer for depression, I think I could blow a positive with the device on the other side of the room. The creeping melancholy from the past few days is in full force right now, I'd say it was last night too.😞

Thankfully, I got some basic bloodwork done yesterday that my general practitioner wanted. So maybe one more meeting with the family doctor and my physical wellbeing shall be taken care of. Meaning somebody will start seriously looking for a psychologist for me. (Not a psychiatrist, I'll start with the one who you talk to as treatment, not the one that can prescribe medication. I want to avoid meds if possible.)

There is a pinch of irony in what started my current melancholic mood, was watching a science documentary on the treadmill. I'm trying to get on the 'mill five times a week or ideally every day for 30-50 minutes, and the reason for stepping it up is b/c I when I visited the general practitioner, my weight edged a little higher than I was expecting and are comfortable with.😐 So with that and a factual but terse polite suggestion from the gp, I've been trying trying to make a little exercise each day routine, hoping it'll stick over time, as I've always failed to get into a long-term rhythm with it. I've been having success with it, surprisingly, I'm happy with that.🙂 And then I saw the results of my bloodwork today online, it's one thing to know you're overweight and eat too much sugar and butter, it's another to actually know you've a scientifically quantified excess of sugar and cholesterol in your systems. I'm not young anymore, I need to improve. 

And yet, the last episode of a Netflix series hypothesizing about life on other planets had a few moments where I was like "Nope gotta skip ahead, this might trigger me!😬" And a few days later, lo, I am given to melancholy. How pathetically fragile can I be? A few brief moments of the cold and impersonal macrocosmic, and it's sent me into this miserable mindset. Others don't flinch at far more than that. And to push it not off the stage, just barely behind the curtain, I feel like I have to stay on the Internet. I would like to resume Xenosaga, if I get well into a play session of it, it should provide some temporary repression, but I irrationally don't want to be in that brief time where I'm not online and before Xenosaga takes over as my mental stabilizer. So here I am, on the Internet, on this site, watching an LP of a PS1 game I remembered existed, checking news from over the world despite little of it being happy, watching a video showing a picture of a mummified chicken butchered and ready for cooking in the afterlife from King Tut's tomb, eagerly following the drip-feed of news on a smutty game, trying to keep myself from taking too many symptomatic deep breaths and exhales. It's pathetic.😔

Never.

I was feeling quite worse for wears last night as well. Got a good cry in which I haven't done in a long while. You aren't alone in feeling pathetic as I myself have been feeling similar notions as of late. I'm glad we could be given the chance to express it as that is the first big step to take to make things better.

45 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

He thinks it's Kliff, the man who killed his father.

Hah! Genius.

46 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Fuck it, I'mma say it.

This is a hallucination to me.

I don't care if the writers say it's canon, it can only be Berkut imagining Rinea being as forgiving in death as in life, because he burnt out her fucking soul.

And I agree with you.

46 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Aw shit, you didn't get to the Mila Shrine through the door to the trial's left beforehand.

Fuck man, that's rough.

I did actually but I neglected to save.

But I said I was gonna beat it today, so damn it all I will!

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait bruh, you're just now realizing?

Oh is it actually supposed to be Camus?

I didn't even remember what he fully looked like so I guess that's why it didn't click instantly.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The illusion

cover9.jpg

Heh, yeah basically.

7 hours ago, Doomer06 said:

I have returned, my brethren, bringing with me sad news about the state of humanity in a faraway land.

Oh, welcome back? I'll admit I don't remember you... I think.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

That seems inefficient, on a continent with only two countries that hate each other, trying to reach trade relations with distant lands seems pretty important.

Again, this mostly stems from the retcon Awakening did when it comes to Valentia.

I can understand not having an anime but if the fucking Minish Cap can have a manga than so can most Fire Emblem titles.

And they do. As well as novelizations. Up to Sacred Stones. Though I suppose at this point "most" no longer applies.

And that's a big gripe I have with the story, how blood quite literally makes you more powerful, it doesn't feel like it's about how blood doesn't mean anything and everyone is the same deep down, it feels like it's about how the ruling class are objectively more powerful than the commoners but that's fine because as long as nice high class people take the throne it's a-okay! And you as a commoner should just accept that.

Again, that's not the game's message.

You're clinging too hard on what the game is telling us not to do... if it wasn't a video game I'd find it concerning.

Alm just killed someone he only met a few seconds before the fact, and when learning of his heritage he gets a "I just lost the person that raised me" reaction instead of a more mild but still somber "I just killed the person who could've raised me, who also murdered thousands in a country destroying war for reasons he does not yet know"

At least Alm does it better of Corrin where he does feel a sense of familiarity with the guy while Corrin explicitly stated they felt no connection to their mother before she died.

See what they should've done was try and build an actual relationship between Alm and Rudolf before they fight each other so Alm is not just relying on hunches when he says stuff like "I just can't hate him"

Or just go full Star Wars and have the Darth Vader moment a few chapters before Rudolf dies for real.

It still works.

"He's my father, and he planned for me to kill him!?" is still a reaction reasonable to happen in light of the circumstances.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Honestly, given the medieval European setting of FE, I'm surprised ships even can cross it. Hugging the coasts and sticking to the Mediterranean was the extent of European sailing, the gulf between the realms, while it looks unexpectedly small, brings more to mind that keeping the Old and New Worlds apart. -And yes, I know other parts of Eurasia were long distance ocean-sailing just fine. It just seems... off. I would guess IS didn't want to place a huge amount of filler water between Valm and Ylisse.

As for the scope of trade, I don't know exactly what perishable goods could survive the distance between Archanea and Valentia.

High quality textiles, precious metals and minerals, these things don't spoil so they could make the voyage. Spices, given the fact Greece could appreciate flavors from Indonesia, would also be viable to make the journey. Such luxury goods as these would presumably fetch a high enough price to cover shipping costs nobody goes becomes part of the merchant marine if it isn't profitable. 

But Valentian oranges, wheat, would they rot en route? IDK. If the islands of Zofia have abundant fish b/c Mila, then salted fish could go the distance, and it would need to be in high volumes shipped to compensate for the low per-unit price of dried fish. Does Rigel have anything in sufficient abundance to export? -Probably. Since what country comprising what appears to be about 30-40% of a continent's landmass wouldn't be able to find something to trade?

As for trade relations. The nice thing about Archanea, which the games under appreciate, is how watery it is. All the major countries are islands, or none too far from the coast. Aurelis looks like it'd be the most continental of states, and even it has coastline that ought to keep it in good trade with Gra, Altea, and everyone else. Most of Archanea's population seems to be away from the west coast however. It wouldn't take very long to sail from Grust, the one west coast country, to Altea, yet it doesn't change the fact that Grust is the only major power on the west.

We can presumably rule out a trade in wyverns, since you'd think Zofia and or Rigel would have otherwise added them to their armies. I can imagine that given only Macedon itself employs them, perhaps Macedon like China with tea IRL was trying to keep them all within the country. Or, nobody has figured out how to raise wyverns in their particular climate and geography, not yet.

Relations beyond trade and any religious or cultural baggage that comes with it, probably next to nil.

The retcon of "remote island" to "next-door continent" aside, there's also the matter to consider humanity in Archanea is still... well, developing.

Only southeast Archanea can be considered as "sufficiently settled", mostly thanks to the Kingdom of Archanea existing for centuries. Every other nation in Archanea is barely a century old. Talys is still in its mid-twenties in terms of age. Southwest Archanea in particular, the area closest to Valentia, has signs humans weren't really there not even a century ago. Grust began as a remote/frontier military garrison outpost, and Macedon as a band of escapee slaves after their dragon slavers placed them there. It stands to reason that in the hundred years to Marth and Alm's time, they wouldn't really look west to Valentia, and same for Valentia looking east to them. We know Valentia chose to look northeast instead, since that area had been settled for longer.

Wyverns... considering they are degenerated dragons that humans only tamed about a century ago, I think yes, a combination of perhaps not being easy plus wanting exclusivity. Still, we know that some exchange/migration eventually happens, since wyverns are in Valm by Awakening's time.

4 hours ago, Doomer06 said:

maxresdefault-1024x576.jpg

Ah, Sumia. The first character I paired Robin with. She's very relatable, suffice to say. And the Robin supports are about books and reading! She's pretty too with a nice design. What wasn't to love.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Two, not three. Awakening's setting is more advanced. You could say our last 150-ish years are an anomaly when it comes to development. Other than that, you'd likely easily find spans of two thousand years that don't advance too much.

Also... Grima. No doubt it caused some civilization reset/regression.

54 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

RIGHT?!!

Well, there's that one character ending... but I won't say more for now.

Trash Computer GIF - Trash Computer Pissed Off - Discover & Share GIFs

Jedah certainly lied about that part, but honestly, the whole "offer a blood-branded soul to Duma to cure him of his madness" part is genuine. Would it have worked? Who knows. The game certainly gives credence to the power of souls, since Nuibaba sacrificing souls is how she managed to stay young for over a century, so her idea that a dragon-branded soul would keep her young forever is not a big leap of logic. The same logic Jedah is using.

Ironically, Jedah was accidentally right. Duma going mad was the reason Mila sealed herself in Falchion, not bearing the thought of having to kill her own brother. So if Duma were to recover... Mila would come out. Or perhaps not, since she too is going mad so her judgement is also impaired at this point.

Oh Jesus that makes- How many times has Celica been damseled at this point? I've lost count.

Oh, you should see what Gaiden did here. It's much MUCH better for Celica's agency. Give me a moment to write it out in a separate post, unless someone beats me to the punch...

aqx1XCF.jpg

Camus?

General Zeke, he is A CHAR.

Fun fact, in Gaiden, Tatiana's portrait was just a Nyna recolor. No wonder amnesiac!Camus fell in love with her.

What, does Lyn's epic duel with Batta the Beast not count?

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh is it actually supposed to be Camus?

Yep. After Camus' "death" in Shadow Dragon, he somehow drifts to Rigel. 

Now uh (and this is a fanmade map, the only official one i could find is from the 90s that puts Valentia to the east of Archanea which is incorrect)

go7uxnawlso11.png?auto=webp&s=22f21d2149

Camus is "killed" in Grust, that little peace of land dangling in the southwestern corner of Archanea. Rigel is in the north....and Camus likely washed up on it's west coast unless Tatiana was strolling through the east which is doubtful cause that's Duma Faithful territory. Do not ask how a man drifted unconscious through all that distance.

Btw, Judgral's position relative to these continents is unknown. It takes place in the same world but we don't know where.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Two, not three. Awakening's setting is more advanced. You could say our last 150-ish years are an anomaly when it comes to development. Other than that, you'd likely easily find spans of two thousand years that don't advance too much.

That is true but Fire Emblem doesn't have any Bronze Age settings that i'm aware of.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Two, not three.

Ah, i was taking Judgral into account. FE4 takes place 1000 years before Shadow Dragon and there's two thousand years in between Shadow Dragon and Awakening.

@Edelguardiansing

Okay, so, Celica in Gaiden vs Celica in SoV.

The whole thing about Duma and Mila being Divine Dragons that are going through Dragon Degeneration because they never turned into Manaketes because they left Archanea before the era of decline began is exclusive to SoV. So what does Jedah uses in order to get Celica to become a sacrifice to Duma? Well, it harkens back to the Dragon's Maw. You remember how the path was blocked until Celica reached the top of Duma's Tower? That was the same in Gaiden... except the path wasn't blocked. It was a trap. The moment you moved Alm to the Maw, you couldn't get out. Every time you moved Celica on the map, Alm and his party would be forced to fight necrodragons, as they'd respawn every single map movement. So, Jedah basically offers to save Alm's life if Celica sacrifices hers. Celica accepts and... Jedah actually fulfills his end of the bargain. You'd think he shouldn't, but he does. You can move Alm on the map again, so you have to finish Act 4 as usual.

Therefor, Alm coming to Celica's rescue is less a Damsel in Distress situation, and more Alm repaying the favor. Except, because there is no "your soul may restore Duma to sanity" plot point in Gaiden, Jedah does nothing extra with Celica. Not even being turned into a Witch. So instead she... well, let's just say she wasn't separated from her own party. So once you find them, you'll see why Celica was better treated in Gaiden than in SoV.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Mare, Van's Hollow Core, has different upgrades according to your LGC level. You should always choose it btw, because the Chaos options are way more interesting. Chaos Mare boosts Crit chance and damage to insane levels, so Grendel!Van can melt every enemy with two back-to-back S-crafts.

I have Mare (Law) and my other 2 are at level 2 only. Xd (I like choosing the morale choices, im sorry.)

Forgot to quote it, but who is Shizuna? (Not a route specific char i hope)

Did we play the same Kuro? Because even playing super sloppily the game was a breeze even on Nightmare, while Haji's earlygame on Abyss threw me some curveballs.

Like, I'm not even trying to be antagonistic towards you, this discussion is genuine.

I dont make all the decisions on my own (i played with my brother) so i cant fairly judge.

But for Reverie, Burning Heart (Lloyd), Chrono Burst, and notgrailsphere can truck through any fight (also any EP formation such as Musse/Elie) 

Oh and ofc Fie and Rixia's Stealth skills are kinda broken in Reverie. (Duh, its CS Stealth) 

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

"So, he can be Camus on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; and Zeke on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays."

"What about Sunday?"

"Threesome Time."

Up to you who is who.