• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

After starting a new game with the Jimena brothers, I formed the Empire of Hispania and now I'm off to conquer England too.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Elder Kings 2?

Don't know, found on reddit

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I got a better question: Who is male Corrin?

The character that was create first

10 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Is this in mods?

I'd assume so with those names.

I think it's vanilla ck3

10 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Finally, one of these goes the way I hoped!

Aged horribly

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Araki going back in time in a timeline feels......odd.

There's a first time for everything

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love her already.

RIP Stefán Karl Stefánsson

7 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Sees Brazil are 4-0 right now.

Oh wow, look at 'em go.

Reaching the semifinals will never be as easy as it is now

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I don't think that defines fun, though. What's the point if you aren't enjoying it at all?

Also, it's CS IV, how much "suboptimal" can it get? XD

Ruben enjoys using sub optimals and he found Awakening fun using only Panne and Gregor, so it's right up his alley

He just has to ban mov or something

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Since this seems relevant enough, CSIV's voice actors for original Class VII will carry over to Trails into Reverie (and by that I mean Rean, Alisa, Elliot, Gaius, Machias, Jusis, Laura, Fie, Emma, Millium, and Sara if you don't want to click the link). I like Heather Gonzalez's work as Elincia in Heroes, so I'll be good if Laura sounds like that.

Haha...

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Odd how we know more about Reverie's voice actors than Engage's at this point.

I mean, we already know some japanese VAs

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Well you see Ruben, you haven’t been introduced to Fie Cold Steel, who is a phenomenal character you would fall in love with, except not actually because she’s a complete anime trope and not one of the two you like.

Yj2Xred.gif

Amazing, Sooks

48 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Having reread the Trails in the Sky guide I used when I first played it, I wonder how I had the patience for all those sidequests. It was probably because I got sick halfway through so I had more free time than usual.

Now imagine this but the battles starts to drag

41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In CS4 I’m gonna assume that’s still true but I’m not 100% sure it’s true for every member. Fie can fish from the start but if you take her to a specific place at one point the game tells you she can now fish, even though she already could. I read that she’s not the only character who can now fish, but not everyone can fish in this game.

Alisa, Fie, Machias, and

Spoiler

Crow

can fish in CS4 aside from Rean and the new Class 7.

1 minute ago, Green06 said:

Don't know, found on reddit

I know that Elder Kings 2 went to open beta recently. Seeing the mention of The Reach made me think it was that, since it's one of Skyrim's nine holds.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I am genuinely amazed at how some Pokemon fans are just outright against the games having voice acting

Stream CONSOOM by Kaizer Gibby | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:
I am genuinely amazed at how some Pokemon fans are just outright against the games having voice acting

Sorry Pikachu, you go silent now. No more "Pika pika!" for you.

32 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Ruben enjoys using sub optimals and he found Awakening fun using only Panne and Gregor, so it's right up his alley

He just has to ban mov or something

Yeah this would never work in CS IV unless you banned like, playing the game at all besides attacking, and thats honestly debatable! Xd

Well, it went a bit anti-climatically. I made them both Angry and used Mock, then made the entire party Happy and wailed on them. The Kite spent like three turns doing nothing, pft. Guess the RNG was on my side today.

Okay, now next boss coming right up! Ooh, his theme is funky.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

No ambushes

good

...I hope this applies for higher difficulties as well

Thief-chan doing thief thing...

And poison

damage over time while poison active, attacking poisoned characters increases damage dealt to them, dagger attacks on poisoned enemies stack poison, Restore or Antidote to remove status

RESTORE IS BACK

GOOD

Edited by Imperator Squilla

These comments are definitely not on board.

@Edelguardiansing So, listened to some of his vids. For some reason the video on privatised immigration in the UK has a bit where it uses Elibe characters to make a hypothetical 2 and a half minutes in.

2 minutes ago, Green06 said:

I think it's vanilla ck3

Where's the Reach in vanilla?

That's a mod if I've ever seen one.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That crit was gonna miss too

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

OH FUCK I JUST REMEMBERED THE SF THREAD THAT SAID THIS

48 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

damage over time while poison active, attacking poisoned characters increases damage dealt to them, dagger attacks on poisoned enemies stack poison, Restore or Antidote to remove status

RESTORE IS BACK

GOOD

First off, neat, Poison actually has reason to be cured.

Second, wonder what other statuses.

Third, GOOD.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Leif will get Fates capture but then you can only deploy them as green units

monkeys-paw-paw.gif

I will take a green hot pirate lady pal that helps a little. Just to have her there.

You will experience peak

C8pk2BoXgAAM7YL?format=jpg&name=900x900

...Sheesh.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, then, time for Omori. Got some trash to recycle... and hmm, the party is level 11. I wonder if I can take down Kite Kid now... yeah, I'll go do that before returning with Captain Spaceboy Boyfriend.

Omree time.

Kite Kid is the mastermind.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean, I honestly don't think it always does. Watching the prologue of Valkyrie Profile I definitely though "yeah this'd be a lot better if Platina didn't have a voice actor" a few times. That being said... To say no game has ever been improved by voice acting is just plain wrong.

It's very easy to point out, too. You just have to say "you will repay my loyalty". Or "stupid disciple".

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also a banger.

First banger boss theme. More to come.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, it's daytime. Now the question is...

Do I answer the door... or not...

Well! I'll decide tomorrow.

If you wish for some advice...

Spoiler

Open it. This is where the route split is decided, and opening the door leads to by far the superior experience.

4 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

No ambushes

good

...I hope this applies for higher difficulties as well

Hello, this is Totally Unpredictable Ruben with a statement nobody could have seen coming: I want that man in my team.

Not as much as Hot Pirate Lady. But he would be cool to have too.

Honestly if there's one thing that leads me to believe Leif won't have capture, it's the fact that he seems to be a late Emblem. Niles and Orochi both joined super early, for good reason. Oh well... Vandad will have to carry the team on his shoulers.

Thief-chan doing thief thing...

Hello, Miss "I Don't Have Strong Feelings For You At The Moment" nº 33. Nice to see you doing things.

From what I can tell from her voice acting here, she seems like she's going to be your run-of-the-mill "I'm a really nice and sweet girl but in combat I turn into a dom" trope. This puts her above 75% of Engage's cast, but does not change my overall opinion of "please let me put generics in the team"

And poison

RESTORE IS BACK

GOOD

THEY MADE POISON RELEVANT!? THAT'S A FIRST IN THE SERIES!

Engage really do be looking awesome.

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

These comments are definitely not on board.

The thing is, since listening to the game's soundtrack I've look a bit more into it, and here's the thing: From the perspective of someone who doesn't have much interest in Pokemon, it seems to be one of the best Pokemon games ever made, with the singular (titanic) issue that it did NOT get finished. Really, that's it. Give them a couple more years to finish the game and I honestly believe it would've stood a chance to be the best Pokemon, judging from what I've seen.

What this means is that most people are just going to ignore the technical issues. Because there's enough good in the game that most people could reasonably overlook them. Naturally, this leads to tons of sales, and Game Freak not needing to fix the singular (titanic) issue going forward.

...OH WAIT the thread was going on about it being one of the best looking games on Switch. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... I mean, the fact that even I, Saint motherfrigging Rubenio, struggle to say it beats Three Houses with a straight face... really speaks volumes, doesn't it.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The thing is, since listening to the game's soundtrack I've look a bit more into it, and here's the thing: From the perspective of someone who doesn't have much interest in Pokemon, it seems to be one of the best Pokemon games ever made, with the singular (titanic) issue that it did NOT get finished. Really, that's it. Give them a couple more years to finish the game and I honestly believe it would've stood a chance to be the best Pokemon, judging from what I've seen.

What this means is that most people are just going to ignore the technical issues. Because there's enough good in the game that most people could reasonably overlook them. Naturally, this leads to tons of sales, and Game Freak not needing to fix the singular (titanic) issue going forward.

That's the thing, this realises structural changes in the series that give it a different feel. Scaling the gyms at least could have been nice, but aside from that making areas just objectively dangerous to run into anything on makes too much sense to not maintain in the open world structure of this game. I'm certainly more interested in this than I was S/S, but there are still the little things that got cut, not to mention of course Dexit's still on the menu, but I think at this point they think it's fine and sure enough who's complaining this time?

But sure, the 3 year cycle must go on I suppose, for reasons that make sense from a certain point of view.

(I haven't heard the soundtrack much at all, so no comment there.)

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

YmOwnis.png

PTSD_Chihuahua_Banner.jpg

Imagine if Engage takes Ryoma's chapter for a spin

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

But sure, the 3 year cycle must go on I suppose, for reasons that make sense from a certain point of view.

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

(I haven't heard the soundtrack much at all, so no comment there.)

Well, they got Toby Fox, so you can expect it to be good.