Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

26 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Finally completed a FE7 HHM with no Lyn mode Ironman

Oh, not me, I slogged through Lyn mode, mostly because you have to to play 19xx which was an interesting decision, but it ended up being a fog of war map with a sleep staff and a dracoshield that’s impossible to get so jokes on me (I’m not as familiar with the hector mode exclusive maps except the defense one near the start).

…although ironically, Lyn mode might not have made that much of a difference at least in the long term, since all the units I trained in it (other than Lyn herself) are dead. But Sain and Erk did do quite a bit of stuff before dying.

And while I’m confessing, I did allow myself 1 or 2 resets that were probably not strictly necessary. What this game is teaching me is that, at least for games without prep screen stores, dead characters can be easier to replace than their lost inventories. Characters I was using would have like 5 weapons that cost a decent amount of money to buy would die and I’d have to bring some rando off the bench, but all they had was a half used up iron weapon. This got to a point in the mid game where I had no money and I was sorely lacking in weapons, like most characters had one or two weapons with not that many uses left and some that were just filling deployment slots were just carrying around one random effective weapon so they could do something if push came to shove. It was bad enough that I was genuinely afraid of soft-locking myself, so when I got to the chapter where Legault joins and can grab a blue gem from a chest but he escaped before I could get to him, I reset (I should have deployed Matthew in case that happened but I didn’t think of it). The other was Battle Before Dawn, I didn’t realize the boss moved on HHM and she went to snipe Zephiel with bolting when I wasn’t able to reach her, let alone kill her. Now if I rewinded just a little bit I might have been able to make it work, but I was already fed up with the chapter because Nino died to a 2% crit before I could reach her, locking me out of Jaffar and 28x, so I reset without trying, and then kept rewinding over bad RNG for Jaffar (but screw Battle Before Dawn). Nino died in 28x anyway tho so…

Speaking of losing inventories, Pent died with Rescue, Physic, and Silence in his inventory.

Birds of a Feather (Chapter 12)

Bartre

I was playing far too quickly, and was far too frustrated to be playing well when I started this run, as I started it immediately after a fail run that was looking so promising.

Can’t believe you skipped over the fact that you couldn’t recruit Karla, the best unit in the game.

So I guess you were ending runs at game overs? I wonder if one day I’ll reach that level of masochism…

False Friends (Chapter 14)

Rebecca

Dorcas

Erk

Erk basically died in the prep screen, as I forgot to switch up my formation, and didn't reach him before he suicides as a green unit. As for the rest, this was the earliest I had ever lost Bartre, and I usually use him to help hold off the pegasi that attack Merlinus in the Rain. I thought Guy would be able to take his place, but without his killer sword (as that went to units that were likely to see more combat) he just couldn't cut it. Rebecca died while I was trying to get units back through the pouring rain to salvage this mess, but Dorcas died rescuing Guy long enough for help to arrive

Oh that reminds me that in the beginning I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to stick with an iron man or not, so I quit this chapter out of frustration and 16 when three units died. For this one at least I basically just traded Guy’s death for Dorcas’ with the attempt I ended up keeping (which isn’t really a fair trade but oh well), and then 16 I just needed to get my shit together, I guess. I really have a failed at this being an iron man…

I forgot how the reinforcement zones worked on this map, thought they worked like in Cog of Destiny, but instead they spawn immediately and can act enemy phase, so the bolting sage she triggered finished her off, and with her death my plans in the south went up in smoke. Ended up extremely bogged down in the north instead.

Damn, ambush spawns? I guess should learn how they work before doing that map…

Also nice job not getting anyone killed in the boat map. I’m really bad at that one on HHM (because you have like no deployment), at least while going for the guiding ring (I could probably manage just gurgling it out in the top? Maybe?). I lost 3 units there, which is even more impactful when you realize you only get to deploy like 8. And all of them were really good units (well Florina is a bit of an investment without Lyn mode but I played it and gave her both stat boosters).

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

On 1/5/2022 at 7:06 PM, Sooks said:

You know game, when I said riding the horse was cool, I meant more as like a one time thing, cool event type thing, that shows you some great scenery and let’s you experience what life is like out here. I did not mean that I wanted to spend 30 minutes horsing around out here (I’m not sorry) when you could have just spaced out these locations like a normal area.

Why am I doing this lol.

Wow past me was based.

On 1/5/2022 at 7:25 PM, Benice said:

Kind of bangers, not gonna lie.

Wow past Benice was based! I wonder how he ended up finding both final dungeon themes… good job tho.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:30 PM, Sooks said:

But Musse! (Is that her name?)

How innocent I was…

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…although ironically, Lyn mode might not have made that much of a difference at least in the long term, since all the units I trained in it (other than Lyn herself) are dead. But Sain and Erk did do quite a bit of stuff before dying.

I am guessing you didn't grind up one of the cavs to early promote your favorite here in Lyn mode for a second better Marcus once the real game begins.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And while I’m confessing, I did allow myself 1 or 2 resets that were probably not strictly necessary. What this game is teaching me is that, at least for games without prep screen stores, dead characters can be easier to replace than their lost inventories.

A lot of FE games send the inventories of dead characters to the convoy, so in a lot of them this wouldn't be as big of an issue.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It was bad enough that I was genuinely afraid of soft-locking myself, so when I got to the chapter where Legault joins and can grab a blue gem from a chest but he escaped before I could get to him, I reset (I should have deployed Matthew in case that happened but I didn’t think of it).

Fun little fact, the run I won was the first one that survived all the way to the end of Dragon's Gate.

Also, I remember one awful run where I lost Matthew early, had to suffer through the frustrating lack of promotion items that leads to, somehow limped my way to Dragon's Gate, only to realize I couldn't reach Legault in time to recruit him because I couldn't open the doors...

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The other was Battle Before Dawn, I didn’t realize the boss moved on HHM and she went to snipe Zephiel with bolting when I wasn’t able to reach her, let alone kill her.

Oof. I knew about that trap well enough to hunt for her specifically on that map. Its made all the worse by them timing it so she bolting kills Zephiel on the last turn...

Now if I rewinded just a little bit I might have been able to make it work, but I was already fed up with the chapter because Nino died to a 2% crit before I could reach her, locking me out of Jaffar and 28x, so I reset without trying, and then kept rewinding over bad RNG for Jaffar (but screw Battle Before Dawn).

Yeah, I got extremely lucky on this one, as I sent nobody to the left (I was too afraid of aggroing the terrifying miniboss with bugged stats in that direction), and kind of just expected Jaffar to die before I got there. My Jaffar was blessed by the god of dodge tanking even when he was a green unit.

Nino died in 28x anyway tho so…

Double ouch after all that effort. I ended up using 28x to carefully train Nino, as I saw the way my run was going, and really wanted to get her to at least become another staff bot before the end.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So I guess you were ending runs at game overs? I wonder if one day I’ll reach that level of masochism…

Yeah, that was a terrible idea for FE7...I don't even remember how many runs it took, but it was a lot.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

. I really have a failed at this being an iron man…

You have to learn somehow, and while you didn't know it, you did pick a tough game to ironman. Funny as this sounds, while I think FE6 tends to be a harder game in general, I think it is an easier game to ironman overall...

Damn, ambush spawns? I guess should learn how they work before doing that map…

Fun fact FE7 does have ambush spawns in a lot of its early chapter, but the only one where they are close enough to really be relevant tends to be 13x.

Also how they work for that chapter is they spawn as soon as one of your units ends its turn after crossing the reinforcement lines...

Also nice job not getting anyone killed in the boat map. I’m really bad at that one on HHM (because you have like no deployment), at least while going for the guiding ring (I could probably manage just gurgling it out in the top? Maybe?). I lost 3 units there, which is even more impactful when you realize you only get to deploy like 8. And all of them were really good units (well Florina is a bit of an investment without Lyn mode but I played it and gave her both stat boosters).

There were definitely runs where I lost some prominent people on that map, as it is a toughie, and as you point out, going for the guiding ring tends to be a crapshoot where you often have to risk someone to a Luna crit, and even Marcus can't survive one of those...

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, I can't say I regretted my actions, because it led to one of the top 10 funniest images I have seen.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Props for making the sex scenes look even dumber. I didn't think that was possible.

It's a funny, if most likely involuntary meta joke that Morrigan actually covers herself up when fucking, compared to her default outfit.

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

If you go Blood Mage you'll have another mana pool to cast magic too. That's why it is considered the best combination in the game.

Yeah, that's probably going to be what I'm going for. If I had gone for the "correct" tanky Arcane Warrior build, I would've at least considered Spirit Healer instead, not because I think it's better, but because I like the idea of "support tank" with all the sustainables and very little actual spellcasting more than being the best possible tank and an OP mage at the same time.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Does all the cast have to be relevant for the story to be good tho? I mean for a crazy epilogue game bringing together that many characters, some of them have to take on side character roles, and no one’s going “AH HELL YEAH REVERIE’S OUT, CAN’T WAIT TO PLAY AS MACHIAS REGNITZ” (I mean except like super fans who have to acknowledge his side character status by now)

I suppose its more like "they have all of these characters but a certain MC needed to have things be all about them in the end." Naturally I wont be spoiling that, though. Xd

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Spoke to my uncle whose an orthodontist. According to him, with proper medication i should be fine waiting two weeks for insurance to kick in August and knock 60% off the root canal treatment. Although he also tells me it's cheaper to just fly to Venezuela and have him do it (it's only $200 there haha).

I mean... Could use that chance to see the family you couldn't see before, too, unless your uncle lives on the other side of Venezuela. Though of course, the previous worries remain. Frankly, though, at this point I would personally find it preferable to go to Venezuela and watch my back for a few days than take the guaranteed chance of the US's USness wreaking havoc on my finances and forcing me to get another two jobs or starve to death. On top of spending a month eating porridge. That's just me, though.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Anyway, I’ve been playing my first (hopefully) complete ironman in the meantime. Not a hard ironman or whatever, because I don’t get how it could be fun to just drop the game after getting a game over. I was interested in those linked ironmans, but the amount of deaths I’m getting just on my own… yikes. But maybe FE7 isn’t the best game to ironman, I didn’t remember it being so fog of war heavy from before.

FE7's okay, there are far worse FEs to ironman. Ironmans are always hard, though, if only because it gets quite tough to stick to the challenge when your favorite pretty dies to a crit.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

What this game is teaching me is that, at least for games without prep screen stores, dead characters can be easier to replace than their lost inventories.

Ahh, yes. Some FEs send dead inventories to the convoy. Berwick Saga has my favorite handling of it - you can get the inventories of dead units back, but to do so, you have to visit their grave and read their epitaph so as to feel extra bad.

Then there's games like GBAFE where the game goes "haha you lost rare items, fuck you."

5 hours ago, gnip said:

Props for making the sex scenes look even dumber. I didn't think that was possible.

I laughed about as hard as Zevran was at the time.

Or, you know, not, considering the thing he was boning.

5 hours ago, gnip said:

It's a funny, if most likely involuntary meta joke that Morrigan actually covers herself up when fucking, compared to her default outfit.

I can't relate. I used a mod to give her a better outfit so I didn't have to look at that garbage the entire game.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Alright @Saint Rubenio I will try and use Lindon on my little ironman...heck I am using the Bouche-boy so I can't pretend my army is too good for the old man.

Lindon isn't even bad. His bases are robust, his growths are fine and his personal is one of like, four Engage personals that are legitimately great. Guy reaches insane crit rates with barely any effort, and if you do put in some effort? Easy 100% crit.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Edit: Lol, of course Lindon's only support with the units I am using is with the Bouche-boy.

It's a pretty sweet support.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Frankly, though, at this point I would personally find it preferable to go to Venezuela and watch my back for a few days than take the guaranteed chance of the US's USness wreaking havoc on my finances and forcing me to get another two jobs or starve to death.

If it's Caracas or Valencia, it's safer than it looks. Which is where both sides of the family are mainly located.

My uncle does have some connections over here tho, he did tell me to get in touch.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If it's Caracas or Valencia, it's safer than it looks. Which is where both sides of the family are mainly located.

I'd say just go for it, then. You save yourself a ton of money and weeks of discomfort.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My uncle does have some connections over here tho, he did tell me to get in touch.

If he could get you cheap service, that'd be ideal, certainly. Still, no telling how long it could take or if it would really go below the price you could get by going to him now.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, no telling how long it could take or if it would really go below the price you could get by going to him now.

Both the root canal and crown are cheaper over there of course. This does not factor airline prices however, especially since there is no direct flights to Venezuela because Maduro has blamed all of the country's problems on the US (as if he and his predecessor weren't responsible for 99% of it all).

With all those prices combined, I'd be paying the same for a single route canal procedure. I asked for my uncle's professional opinion and he did say that with proper medication, I can mitigate pain for until August so that insurance kicks in and takes off 60% of the cost.

We'll see how this goes.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am guessing you didn't grind up one of the cavs to early promote your favorite here in Lyn mode for a second better Marcus once the real game begins.

I considered it, but I didn’t know if that would hurt their stats in the long term and just brought them both to level 8 instead, keeping the knight crest to boost Lyn’s funds.

A lot of FE games send the inventories of dead characters to the convoy, so in a lot of them this wouldn't be as big of an issue.

Oh, that would be nice.

Yeah, I got extremely lucky on this one, as I sent nobody to the left (I was too afraid of aggroing the terrifying miniboss with bugged stats in that direction), and kind of just expected Jaffar to die before I got there. My Jaffar was blessed by the god of dodge tanking even when he was a green unit.

His stats are bugged? I just sort of unceremoniously killed him.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

if only because it gets quite tough to stick to the challenge when your favorite pretty dies to a crit.

oh hey, it’s me!

and I sort of failed at that

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Both the root canal and crown are cheaper over there of course. This does not factor airline prices however, especially since there is no direct flights to Venezuela because Maduro has blamed all of the country's problems on the US (as if he and his predecessor weren't responsible for 99% of it all).

With all those prices combined, I'd be paying the same for a single route canal procedure. I asked for my uncle's professional opinion and he did say that with proper medication, I can mitigate pain for until August so that insurance kicks in and takes off 60% of the cost.

We'll see how this goes.

Of course, I thought you'd already added the flight costs. I trust the medication isn't too expensive, then?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

oh hey, it’s me!

and I sort of failed at that

Don't worry, happens to all of us.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I trust the medication isn't too expensive, then?

It's over the counter type stuff, I could get these at the local Walmart.

Unless it's insulin, medication doesn't actually cost that much.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lmao

Kidnapping?

Been a while since I've posted here, so I'll summarize the games I've beaten since then and also list my current grinds. 

Beaten

Assassin's Creed: The Entire Ezio Collection (Again)- Still as great as I remember them when I first played through the Ezio trilogy many years ago. AC2, ACB, and ACR are still among my top three AC games to this day. Even watched the two short movies AC Lineage and AC Embers on my console, which was probably a mistake. Ezio, Desmond, and the 2012 modern day just hit different for me. The new games can throw Ezio's robes onto the new protagonists these days, but it just won't be the same as being the legend himself. 

AC Odyssey (Again) & AC Valhalla (Again + Season Pass DLCs!)- Enjoyed these games despite being vastly different from the games that came before, though I won't deny that they are too big for their own good. Definitely could've- and arguably should've -been condensed into 30-hour campaigns instead. I liked the Greece and Norse mythology sections and found them to be rather interesting even if they don't really have a place in a series like this. 

Alexios is absolute HIMBO material and reuniting his family while also hunting down the Cult of Kosmos throughout Greece in Odyssey was a fun journey. Also I prefer Kassandra as Deimos (Look, there's only two games I know of where the little sister can be a villain, and I'd like to keep my two nickels, thanks). Yes, I do consider Alexios canon, and I will die on this hill. 

M! Eivor is my man for the Valhalla experience, if only because of my gender bias and I like his voice more than F! Eivor. The various substories I experienced in each location throughout England were pretty nice for the most part. There's only one or two conquests I didn't like. Sigurd (Pre and Post-"Awakening"), Basim (The Mirage Man), and Hytham (Who Edward totally named his son after) are all great characters and I like their interactions with Eivor. 

Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix- I've heard about the Kingdom Hearts series a good few times but never really got curious about the franchise until Sora was revealed as the final playable character in Smash Ultimate. Snagged myself the All-In-One Package and plan to go through (most) the games in the collection in preparation for Kingdom Hearts 4, whenever that releases. The first game is definitely dated and its age shows, but it is never too late to finish a game no matter how old it is. I like Sora a lot, the Disney characters and worlds presented here are nice (We don't talk about Deep Jungle and Atlantica), and the Final Fantasy stuff is interesting to see despite not having played a single title in the series (yet). 

------------------------------

Current Playthroughs

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories- Went into this game right after finishing KH:FM and I can't lie, I might drop this game and go right to Kingdom Hearts II. Card-based gameplay is one of my least favorite things in video games, and this game's use of cards isn't the ace in the hole for Chain of Memories. The story (when it isn't reusing Disney plots and worlds from KH1) is interesting but the gameplay brings it down for me. Might just get a synopsis for this one lads, since it's still an important part of the overarching Kingdom Hearts Story. 

AC 3 Remastered (Again)- I was still in the mood to play through the older style of AC games, so after finishing The Ezio Collection, I shortly hopped into AC3 Remastered, which may objectively (and ironically) be worse than the original game. Though I did get it through the AC Odyssey Season Pass, so I might as well play through it again. TBH, Connor isn't nearly as bad a character as I once perceived him to be, which is a pleasant surprise. 

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom- Loved Breath of the Wild to death back when I first played it back in 2017, so when I heard a sequel to BOTW was coming out, I knew I had to have it on my shelf. Got the amiibo for the game too. Been slow on playing it, though. Mainly because other games have managed to catch my attention, but I do plan to see this game to its end.

1 minute ago, CyberZord said:

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories- Went into this game right after finishing KH:FM and I can't lie, I might drop this game and go right to Kingdom Hearts II. Card-based gameplay is one of my least favorite things in video games, and this game's use of cards isn't the ace in the hole for Chain of Memories. The story (when it isn't reusing Disney plots and worlds from KH1) is interesting but the gameplay brings it down for me. Might just get a synopsis for this one lads, since it's still an important part of the overarching Kingdom Hearts Story. 

Well, imo you're missing out, but to each their own of course. XD

11 hours ago, gnip said:

Yeah, that's probably going to be what I'm going for. If I had gone for the "correct" tanky Arcane Warrior build, I would've at least considered Spirit Healer instead, not because I think it's better, but because I like the idea of "support tank" with all the sustainables and very little actual spellcasting more than being the best possible tank and an OP mage at the same time.

Arcane Warrior and Spirit Healer is kind of a shit combination, ngl. Arcana Warriors needs to keep their weapon ready.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lmao

Where are you in the alignment? True Neutral kinda based, ngl

1 hour ago, CyberZord said:

Alexios is absolute HIMBO material and reuniting his family while also hunting down the Cult of Kosmos throughout Greece in Odyssey was a fun journey. Also I prefer Kassandra as Deimos (Look, there's only two games I know of where the little sister can be a villain, and I'd like to keep my two nickels, thanks). Yes, I do consider Alexios canon, and I will die on this hill. 

Man of Culture

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And this is just Map 1/3

boi

What mod are you playing? 👀

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

What mod are you playing? 👀

https://gamebanana.com/wips/70123

The final gaiden map (26x) is a Fates Endgame gauntlet. All 3 of them Ü.

After that only Endgame is remaining, but that is not finished yet

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

https://gamebanana.com/wips/70123

The final gaiden map (26x) is a Fates Endgame gauntlet. All 3 of them Ü.

After that only Endgame is remaining, but that is not finished yet

Oh fucking Christ it really is Rev lategame but you gotta hoard staves

Can you save in-between?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but you gotta hoard staves

You get alot of staves so not really XD

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can you save in-between?

I think not. However Casual mode is temporarily active during those maps