Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which is it, Poland? WHICH IS IT?!

To be fair to the Poles, the confusion comes from them politely including the German term, in term we don't understand the word "hammer" ("Hammer" in German), dumb-dumbs that we are. "Not" in German, pronounced with a long O (the kind that Americans can't do without a diphtong), means distress, so a Not-Hammer would be an emergency hammer.

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, Nigromancia is a thing.

Nigromancia - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

I can't believe Lyon was racist all along.

3 minutes ago, gnip said:

To be fair to the Poles, the confusion comes from them politely including the German term, in term we don't understand the word "hammer" ("Hammer" in German), dumb-dumbs that we are. "Not" in German, pronounced with a long O (the kind that Americans can't do without a diphtong), means distress, so a Not-Hammer would be an emergency hammer.

This is making my head spin.

15 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Considering the gameplay, im fairly sure they just think we are idiots. 

Lol, fair enough too lol.

Man I miss the Crossbell gameplay it was so gooooood!

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's not as bad as "Gift" meaning "poison.

Seeing a Gift Shop as a wee lad confused me quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Hanes said:

At this point I think they have to soft-reboot the characters every so often because they can't expect to get good sales with the new games and expect the player base to have played the 10 or so previous entries (

Yh that became clear with CS, where newcomers trumped oldies, and Falcom interests beame clear.

16 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Man I miss the Crossbell gameplay it was so gooooood!

Was a bit too easy still if you ask me, but defo more thought into it then CS

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You think that's bad? Check this out. Took this photo at the supermarket a few weeks ago and never got around to sharing it.

IMG_20230804_115352.jpg

Austrian confectioneries: observe

Mohr im Hemd - Wikipedia

Mohr (moor) being the og term for the muslims of iberia as I understand. Today not so much.

17 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's not as bad as "Gift" meaning "poison.

I tried looking it up, gift in medieval german still means both poison and gift ("something you give").

It apparently also means the date on which a document was signed? That I don´t get.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yh that became clear with CS, where newcomers trumped oldies, and Falcom interests beame clear.

Unfortunately... I am not even an oldie lol, I played Sky in 2021, it just feels like they spit on the face of the start of the series.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Was a bit too easy still if you ask me, but defo more thought into it then CS

Zero I'd agree, but Azure I think is fairly good difficulty wise. Normal is just normal so whatever, but Hard and above is more difficult and your builds have to be well made.

7 minutes ago, Hanes said:

, but Hard and above is more difficult and your builds have to be well made.

Then you get 95% evasion Lloyd. He did Fie before Fie was cool xD

Imo, gameplayin the series peaked with Sky3rd. Even with 0AT nippon steel game was a legit challenge, and some of the coolest boss fights ever

10 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Unfortunately... I am not even an oldie lol, I played Sky in 2021

Oldie at heart!

xD

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If I need to play through ManaK2 twice b/c separate MC stories...

Though separate endings, both Escha & Logy and Shallie's storylines are generally the same. The perspective changes but you're not really missing out on much. Idk how Mana Khemia does it.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That one is black, and since the Spanish word for black became an American slur...

Speaking of colors, Caribbean Latinos use "chino/chinito" to mean orange.

Colombians also use the same word to mean little kids.

Why does chino have three different meanings in Spanish?

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh this is one of the few that fuck me up the most when my mind switches languages

Can relate with Spanish. 

Embarrassed vs embarrasado.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Embarrassed vs embarrasado.

I'm assuming you mean embarazada. I never had an issue with that one personally, there's enough subtle differences that my mind doesn't equate the two.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of colors, Caribbean Latinos use "chino/chinito" to mean orange.

Colombians also use the same word to mean little kids.

Why does chino have three different meanings in Spanish?

Don't forget curly hair is also Pelo Chino.

In the old caste system, Chino was also someone of Native+African ancestry... as much sense as that made.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm assuming you mean embarazada. I never had an issue with that one personally, there's enough subtle differences that my mind doesn't equate the two.

I spelt it wrong but it *used* to trip me up. It trips up a lot of new learners too.

To be fair, there's a lot of words that are just like one letter different but mean the same. Car/caro, air/aire, universe/universo, etc.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't forget curly hair is also Pelo Chino.

And collarless-shirts are "cuello chino".

59 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Then you get 95% evasion Lloyd. He did Fie before Fie was cool xD

Imo, gameplayin the series peaked with Sky3rd. Even with 0AT nippon steel game was a legit challenge, and some of the coolest boss fights ever

Yeah, high Evasion Lloyd is the strat, although it's not super easy to do for a while.

Sky 3rd is very fun, but also gets cheesed hard. Kevin's 200 CP Grail Sphere is ridiculously overpowered. You have a lot of other overpowered weapons honestly, and Earth Wall is just as good as ever. However, it is also very very fun, so I give it a pass.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oldie at heart!

xD

Pretty much! Just like I am an FE elitist (not) despite being in the series since 2017!

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm assuming you mean embarazada.

Now, now, Ruben. Men can get pregnant.

One just has to keep trying 😎

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fie is cool according to most peeps, so...

She's funny sometimes, that's about it.

1 minute ago, Hanes said:

and Earth Wall is just as good as ever.

it actually got nerfed from SC by increasing either it's cast time or after delay, don't exactly remember.

I just remember not using it as much in 3rd because bosses easily interrupted it

13 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Sure, but EVA tanking on the other hand is not. The opposite, in fact.

Eva tanking can be cool if there was alot of setup for it needed.

gsdx-20230814093107.pnggsdx-20230814093119.png

Atelier indeed.

Mana Khemia 2 second log:

Spoiler

First Assignment of the game (which you can't fail)- gather some ingredients in the first dungeon area.

gsdx-20230814093644.png

They replaced the turn order line with a circle. When an orb reaches the furtherest left (where Ulrika is right now), it's that unit's turn. The ring rotates clockwise. I think I preferred the line over this bubbly ring. Maybe it's more striking, but it's a little more difficult to read properly, function over form I'd say.

Stunning is nothing new. The Unite gauge looks familiar to a mechanic the name of which I forget from the first MK game- Fever maybe? But it isn't filling, must take time before the game unlocks it.

Also, battle theme.:

Sounds similar to the first game's battle music, I think. It's decent.

gsdx-20230814093922.png

Do they have an eperor?

gsdx-20230814094720.png

Randomly(?) getting HP and SP after a battle, that's new.

gsdx-20230814093841.png

I hit the pause menu, accidentally selected "Options", and now I'm left wondering what that last record means.

gsdx-20230814094609.png

Same basic exploratory UI. The time has been modified to read individual hours, that wasn't the case in MK1. -The HP & SP recovery is from a save point, the alchemy recipes came from a chest. I can now camp at a save point to alter the time of day, monster icons move faster at night and might get a turn speed boost when in battle. Speaking of monsters, getting a first strike in battle means hitting the displayed randomly-selected face buttons beforehand, failure to do so might them the first strike.

Graphically same approach as MK1, maybe a little improved. I like it.

gsdx-20230814095242.png

Hello other group.

Just a little antagonistic reaction and they left, Ulrika isn't the smartest person around b/c she kinda almost sabotaged her own chance of completing the assignment whilst entirely failing to affect Raze's completion of the same goal.

gsdx-20230814095505.png

Slot machine! Gambling in Atelier, and it ain't even mobile. Thankfully you get whatever icons you land, as the game says above, the reward for matching 3 is a bonus, hopefully nothing I can't obtain any other way.

Now to alchemize the gathered ingredients.

gsdx-20230814095913.png

Same format as last time.

Showing at which E Levels -the number in the upper right corner of the finished item- results different Ether Effects, is new. I can even read a description of what each Ether Effect does right here after I've made an item once. The UI has improved.

gsdx-20230814095944.pnggsdx-20230814100147.png

The elemental roulette is back. Not happy about it, but it does move much slower now, I can consistently stop on the element I want. The tutorial also explained it better this time- each material has a color/element (water in the above pic has a blue border for instance), pick the same to boost the E-Level, pick the opposite to lower it. I think.

Partners helping out the main character with alchemy has been altered from MK1. Now I have to pick someone at the start for a Passive Support bonus, that's new. I can also call upon that character for an active support during one spin of the wheel (one per material used), and there appears to be but one Active Support possibility per character, as opposed to the three with one randomly being available (and one of which was always "automatically finish the synthesis randomly").

Still, I don't quite get how to interpret Chloe's Passive Support. Which two E Levels are being compared?😕 Does "+" mean a positive boost, or merely an increase in the boost regardless of whether it's positive or negative?

gsdx-20230814120633.png

Pardon the timeskip, but while on Synthesis, this contains some nice observations. Ulrika's head means I can currently make the item. A star means if I select the right ingredient a whole different item. The lightbulb is something from MK1 which has been formally named "Creative Events" this time. Pick the right partner during Synthesis and you'll short silly conversation between Ulrika and her companion afterwards, unlocking a new recipe.

Also, weapons, armor and accessories are now made via normal synthesis. To make equipment in MK1 you had to go into another room and it was an overall simpler and more controllable process.

gsdx-20230814105240.png

Introverts ...Let's just talk online, I don't wanna meet up.

gsdx-20230814105244.png

I never once shedded a tear over not having friends in school. School was great without them, likable intelligent classmates I never talked to once after class was over was enough. 

gsdx-20230814105247.png

Not like there's much competition, at all, yet even so sardonic glasses girl has a major lead in the personal popularity polls. And nobody is off her radar.

gsdx-20230814100437.png

These are back, I was anticipating it. Well, let's a look at the gri-

gsdx-20230814100525.png

-duh? They replaced the giant grids of nodes with several pages of cards. It appears they also removed HP and SP increases from the Grow Books. While more boring perhaps in format, the function of the Grow Books are the same and I won't be wasting as much time roving around from quadrant to quadrant this way. So superior UI in a sense.

These are the leveling system of this game, so I'm gonna have to max them out, which means alchemizing every item possible.

gsdx-20230814100606.png

Tales of Atelier. New. I can only equip one title at any time and unlock a new one per 20% of each character's Grow Book completed. The last title has no explanation on how to obtain it, but I'll make a bet and guess mandatory plot for Ulrika and max bonding for her companions.

gsdx-20230814102613.png

Chloe gets people to confess their fetishes without even trying. Good girl.

Anywho, off to recruit a fairy b/c Flay is trying to deceive Tony's students into failing by going after what doesn't really exist, and these two weak girls could use someone to protect them before heading to the next location for the ingredients for another assignment.

gsdx-20230814105900.png

You insist you use incantations, not curses. Yet you really are a Hexer. Thankfully I like Hexers.

gsdx-20230814105930.png

...How did you and Ulrika meet? Much less become her friend she dragged to school despite thy protestations?🤔

gsdx-20230814110138.png

A "fairy".

gsdx-20230814110200.pnggsdx-20230814110153.png

Definitely a fairy.

Voice acting in this game is serviceable at best, but on Pizza Topping here, I'm not sure if it's the lisp, but I think it has a cliched effeminate gay inflection.

He also gives off Classic Christmas Movie Starring Actor Of Stupid Comedy vibes.

I'll take a third playable, so I don't really care.

There was an actual generic Atelier fairy here, their portrait was an utter disgrace compared to the Irises. I dare not grace it with a showing.

gsdx-20230814112643.png

Those three identical enemy icons? Time card attacks are back. Hopefully I'll get a successor to Roxis who has a spell to delete those, they can get oppressive otherwise. 

gsdx-20230814113744.png

Hello again!

gsdx-20230814113944.png

DIE!

First boss fight in the game is the other MC group.

This is a 3-on-3 FYI. Turns out Maid is Rich Girl's Mana, so not playable on her own.

Very easy fight.

-The sword next to the turn order circle tells you where the character will end up after carrying out their current action as an aside.

gsdx-20230814114827.pnggsdx-20230814114840.png

Revisian Minccino has hatched. All it took was accidentally hard boiling their egg by tossing it in the cauldron. 

Newborn Mana means they can't do anything but baby talk.

Week 1 over.

gsdx-20230814115141.pnggsdx-20230814115146.png

Why the darkness? The complete conversation spoke of making a bet, what the stakes will be... no idea. Hopefully not the universe/civilization, but I'm sure the playables (I hesitate to say "heroes" yet) will be at the center of it, maybe both groups actually, although perhaps not on the same side.

gsdx-20230814115608.png

Free Time is back. Time to save scum to assure I complete all Assignments with the highest possible grade to maximize Free Time. Although if this game is like the last, that'll be unnecessary worthless b/c I'll only be able to view one character's final event and that means I'll be left with some useless spare time in the final week.

gsdx-20230814115031.png

Not a bad start after the opening overall.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer