Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

@Saint Rubenio

Bumped into this (an RPG Maker game) via Reddit.:

Bad-Stache.png

That stache hurts from fake it looks. The beard is hardly any better. Comes off like someone glued facial hair onto a pretty boy to try passing them off as old.

2 hours ago, Armchair General said:

I've thought they had the Iron Dome up specifically for preventing incidents like these?

They're also saying that Hamas overwhelmed the system.

Anti-missile defense systems can be beaten. If you shoot enough missiles off at the same time, then the system won't be able to react fast enough to intercept every incoming projectile. Seems like Hamas was able to do that this time.

Journalists and experts are pondering how Israel didn't see this coming. Military intelligence failures to a high degree.

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Come all ye, and let me tell you my story of woe...

It stared off simple, more than a weak ago my computer laptop's screen flickered in an odd way. Horizontal lines pierced from edge to edge, blinking on and off so quickly it blurred the entire screen. It started off as a mere annoyance, eventually fading once the laptop was left on long enough. But as time progressed, the flickering was more and more persistent. The screen would blur in such a way that it was difficult to discern what you were even looking at. The screen would melt across and sometimes freeze completely, the only thing that seemingly stopped it was by opening up the task manager, but even that soon fell to the flickering.

Many ideas came to mind on what it could've been about, perhaps a virus? Yes that was the most obvious conclusion, though my malware detector failed to find anything, I went and uninstalled several apps in hopes that one of them held the putrid virus that plagued my computer so, but none helped. I massacred entire programs yet all were proven innocent, the crime haunts me to this day...

It was then that I figured that the real problem had to have been within the laptop itself. A frail thing my laptop was. Powerful though it may have been, it was small and could only handle so much. I thought that perhaps the fabled graphics card within the motherboard was damaged, needing to be brought to a smith to reforge it so it may shine yet again. However opening the laptop cover proved not an easy tasked, for two screws avoided my sight by hiding underneath the rubber stands of the laptop. Not knowing that they were there and also needed unscrewing, I attempted to pry the bottom open, believing that it was stubborn plastic, not steel screws that kept from being opened.

I believe it was through this event that I killed my laptop, pains me to say so but it must be the truth. Upon realizing my mistake and opening it properly, I cleaned out any debris I could find, however the permanent scars I gave the copper when trying to pry it open would be the cause for true tragedy.

The laptop died then and there, unable to turn on aside from the light that flashed from the power button, as if it's soul was still crying out, begging to be freed. The blood was on my hands, and with it, so too was the fear that I had lost everything. All that was in that laptop that I failed to save to an external drive, wiped from existence.

As it turns out, that's not how hard drives work. With hope in my hear, I had brought the corpse of my beloved laptop to the smith, who in turn safely and securely gave me the still functioning hard drive, the essence and soul of my beloved.

An older laptop of mine that I never used was still in my possession. It was empty and soulless, a perfect husk for the surviving essence of my dead beloved. Days had passed and I waited anxiously until finally, finally, they had managed to swap the hard drives, and I could live with my saved files once again...

So yeah that's why I haven't been active much at all lately. I got the fixed laptop literally today and it was great to finally get back to playing Radiant Dawn as I had lost access to it for that entire week. This laptop isn't great but It'll make do until I get a for-real new one later down the line probably next month or so. For now all that matters is that I had all my saved files.

Also yes I played the lava chapter of RD, buuut I don't really have any quips or interesting reflections to make other than "The plot thickens"

I did nearly get a chunk of my team killed during the map because I forgot it a route map and I sped past to kill the boss instantly, not realizing that it would end the chapter and all my heavily damaged units would now be in danger, but it worked fine in the end with no casualties.

RFEE01_2023-10-07_22-20-32.png?ex=6534b961&is=65224461&hm=0a61e2de249883ca7dd7dd3a9c5aa0d1d7670c7f9cb10bfca1d089920ea697f1&

...Also I'm so glad the hot dragon guy with tied hair is back.

IMG20231007180938.jpg?ex=6534c058&is=652

Seeing the time zone shift behind me was weird. And cool.

IMG20231008080153.jpg?ex=6534c07a&is=652

Ngl this part of Barcelona reminds me of Caracas. Cousin says it's cause of the valley.

Btw they didn't do shit at immigration lol. Guy stamped both me and Dad's passports, I wonder if he realized that dad's was Venezuelan.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Terrible traffic b/c lol public transportation in the US, but that's a separate issue

Imagine taking anything but the subway in NYC.

Philadelphia and Boston are a lower tier of touristy goodness compared to NYC and DC, not much, yet still largely packed into a confined area

They still got the early historical value going for them. Boston is one of *the* colonial cities.

Honestly like, New England as a whole probably has the good stuff for starting out. 

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See if you see me from up there.

I've sent the spy bots already.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Suerte.

Gracias.

Ahora voy a dormir. Nawara, 8 horas sentado en ese avion. Llevo desde las 6:30 AM (EST) despierto.

47 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

So yeah that's why I haven't been active much at all lately. I got the fixed laptop literally today and it was great to finally get back to playing Radiant Dawn as I had lost access to it for that entire week. This laptop isn't great but It'll make do until I get a for-real new one later down the line probably next month or so. For now all that matters is that I had all my saved files.

Is it affecting the game's performance in any way?

The power of the mods is great.

Let us hope they never use it for evil.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Integrity thanked me twice for the heads up. I took the credit without clarifying the initiative was yours. It's a dog eat dog world.

Undank ist der Welten Lohn.

4 hours ago, twilit said:

Finished Yakuza Kiwami 2. Main story, anyway.

Still so much side content to do, and I'll be chipping at it for a while.

Yakuza posting, @Benice would be so proud.

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ouch, that poor little laptop. At least you managed to save the Hard Drive, and have a solution for now.

I did nearly get a chunk of my team killed during the map because I forgot it a route map and I sped past to kill the boss instantly, not realizing that it would end the chapter and all my heavily damaged units would now be in danger, but it worked fine in the end with no casualties.

A funny mistake to make, and in some way understandable, as rout is the boringest objectives

RFEE01_2023-10-07_22-20-32.png?ex=6534b961&is=65224461&hm=0a61e2de249883ca7dd7dd3a9c5aa0d1d7670c7f9cb10bfca1d089920ea697f1&

...Also I'm so glad the hot dragon guy with tied hair is back.

Sadly it will be a while before he joins you.

Was bored the other day and took up the pencil again. I'm a bit tired of drawing fanart, so I thought I'd shut my brain off and just draw whatever.

yhxrjQ1X_o.jpg

"Whatever," as it turned out, was this. Feel free to try and find meaning in this, if you like.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bumped into this (an RPG Maker game) via Reddit.:

Bad-Stache.png

That stache hurts from fake it looks. The beard is hardly any better. Comes off like someone glued facial hair onto a pretty boy to try passing them off as old.

Is this an AI generated beardman?

At first I thought it was a girl wearing a blatantly fake goatee, but that's intended to be an actual bearded dude, isn't he? Goodness me.

Anime was a mistake.

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Yeesh. My condolences for your bad experience. Good that you managed to pull through without any data loss. See, this is why it's important to make copies.

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Also yes I played the lava chapter of RD, buuut I don't really have any quips or interesting reflections to make other than "The plot thickens"

The boss of that chapter has a nice goatee, at least.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Btw they didn't do shit at immigration lol. Guy stamped both me and Dad's passports, I wonder if he realized that dad's was Venezuelan.

Was something supposed to happen? There's a good few Venezuelans in Spain - in fact, one of the places with the most Venezuelans in Spain happens to be Barcelona.

3 hours ago, gnip said:

Undank ist der Welten Lohn.

Mayße.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

5e90cbb315ea4b596e49981d?width=700

😮

looks cool af...but something feels wrong ngl

13 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Personally I think the weapon durability was dumb in general.

100% agree tbh

But i think the Master Sword in TotK is extra dumb considering everything that sorrounds it in the story/lore

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

tw they didn't do shit at immigration lol. Guy stamped both me and Dad's passports

What did you think would happen xD

That's the extend of immigration, checking if papers are OK

Welcome to the old World!

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That's the extend of immigration, checking if papers are OK

Welcome to the old World!

This reminds me of one of Papers Please's endings. After spending the entire game getting more and more regulations piled up on you until your desk looks like this every time someone comes through, you can potentially obtain fake passports and escape to the neighboring Obristan. To the inspector's extremely trained eye, the passports "look terrible." He nervously presents them to the Obristani inspector and claims he and his family are going to visit relatives that don't exist.

...Then the clerk tells him he doesn't care why they're coming through, stamps the things without a second thought and duly dispatches them.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Was something supposed to happen?

Idk my dad was like "they didn't even ask any questions". This is my first time passing through immigration as an adult so....

Singapore moment. City looks so clean and high tech but they're like one stop away from authoritarianism.

But i think the Master Sword in TotK is extra dumb considering everything that sorrounds it in the story/lore

I mean if you have a weapon that never breaks, then there isn't really a reason to use anything else.

This is a problem with the Hylian Shield, it has almost total infinite durability so I hardly use any other shield now.

The app doesn't work either even though i got it off the American PlayStore. It's not fair bro. How am i supposed to watch Classic Who now?

Last ditch attempt: get an actual VPN like Nord. I have no need for it in the States but perhaps...

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Thankfully things worked out for you.😌 Given RD's length, I could easily imagine not ever picking it up again if everything had been lost.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Incandescent Glow is a map that I find a little strange, it feels bigger than it appears. 

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Whatever," as it turned out, was this. Feel free to try and find meaning in this, if you like.

Surreal. And not bad.😀

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is this an AI generated beardman?

At first I thought it was a girl wearing a blatantly fake goatee, but that's intended to be an actual bearded dude, isn't he? Goodness me.

Anime was a mistake.

Age? 33. Could it be any more painfully anime tropey? They're romanceable, but maybe they'd actually look old if they weren't.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

😮

Afraid the roof is going to come falling down? Memories of that fish tank in your country?

I forgot to mention that all the plants were specially imported from elsewhere. For the sake of decorating an airport terminal.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Imagine taking anything but the subway in NYC.

I don't think I ever have actually.😅 In Boston, yes, NYC, no.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

They still got the early historical value going for them. Boston is one of *the* colonial cities.

Philadelphia has most of the history stuff (Constitution Hall, Liberty Bell, Benjamin Franklin's house, the Museum of the American Revolution) packed in a very small area. Definitely doable in a day. Boston is a little more spread out, but you could still get your colonial history dose in a designated day.

64ee6d449585731819de93c04a9c223d.jpgboston-map-big.jpg&ehk=lMujVllEtgG3PPdG6IPddgS4nQTKVT0wOZhmmt3odNY=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Helps that Boston was smaller back then.🤓

The colonial stuff is nice, but the USS Constitution is great too. From the Early Republic period, but a perfectly preserved frigate from the era that you walk aboard.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Spain is currently denying me BritBox.

The effects of Brexit?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I mean if you have a weapon that never breaks, then there isn't really a reason to use anything else.

Doesn't this depend on how they balance the game's weapons? If done the RIGHT way, it can work.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Philadelphia has most of the history stuff packed in a very small area. Definitely doable in a day. Boston is a little more spread out, but you could still get your colonial history dose in a day.

Yeah i think that's true for many of the historical cities. Even St. Augustine is doable in a day. Of course, some cities have spread out beyond their historical borders. 

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Doesn't this depend on how they balance the game's weapons? If done the RIGHT way, it can work.

The balance is that you're constantly getting a steady supply. Works better in TotK because because of Fuse but that's the general point. An unbreakable weapon would throw everything off balance. 

Just now, Armagon said:

The balance is that you're constantly getting a steady supply. Works better in TotK because because of Fuse but that's the general point. An unbreakable weapon would throw everything off balance. 

I don't really know the specifics of the game so forgive me, but attachables have added effects, right? Make them vary per-weapon and make the MS unable to benefit for example (I don't know if it can currently or not)

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

I don't really know the specifics of the game so forgive me, but attachables have added effects, right? Make them vary per-weapon and make the MS unable to benefit for example (I don't know if it can currently or not)

The Master Sword also benefits from Fuse. If i attached a Fire Gleeok Horn to it, it gets a flame effect.

Ok @Saint Rubenio YMMV on this but biggest culture shock so far is all the power outlets only allowing for one device to be plugged in. Like back home it's common for power outlets to allow two devices by default but here it seems like (where my cousin lives anyway) you need an adapter of any kind to plug in more than one.

Edited by Armagon