Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Replaying games is good because you sometimes remember the good shit you had forgotten about

• Replies 177.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It has been over a week, and only two critic reviews for Megaton Musashi. Is it too niche? Though last week was loaded with notable game releases, I think. The two reviews for Megaton are pretty positive however, I think I've nothing to fear about the quality, whenever I get it. (Grendizer alone of the five free crossover licensed mechs isn't in the game ATM though, so I heard, I'm curious why it wouldn't be.)

Level-5 has been getting more attention in the past few days instead for its head honcho saying they'd like to go M-rated with a game. Which, given their output screams family-friendly looking at it, is jarring indeed.

---

@Armagon

https://www.thegamer.com/unicorn-overlord-interview-akiyasu-yamamoto/

Not much of an interview, but it does reveal there was the desire to have armor taking visible damage mid-battle in UO.

22 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Im certainly not saying this isnt okay.

I know you didnt. 😀

I just thought it worth mentioning because of some guy on another site... not Mike’s RPG Center but one like it... where he was whining about the remakes and the streamlining they had, like the auto targeting system when an enemy gets killed that a member of the party was still supposed to attack. Your guy then attacks a different enemy 

“But, but... Captain,  we liked when our party members swung at dead air”

Ha. Maybe you did. I didnt

Another good one was the cryin about not having to actually be holding stuff like the heal staff to use it as a item in battle

”But Captain... that’s not even remotely fair”

Oh bushwa.... the fiends got at least twice the hit points in the remakes and Chaos has 10X his original. Don’t hand me “not fair”

Wasn't changing equipped weapons/shields a free action anyway? Wouldn't have made much of a difference...

Unless I'm mixing it up with Dragon Quest. In those you could change equipment mid-battle (at least in the early games for sure) without consequence.

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

As in Dark Cloud (2) Rogue Galaxy, etc?

Yep. 

Wild remarks by their CEO aside, they seem like they're attempting a comeback after struggling for roughly the past decade. -Attempting, they haven't quite pulled it off yet, there has been delays.

Phew, man, that sure was a long run.

Random subway train was random, haha. Though I understand is to represent the "lost civilization" aspect of how the world previously got sundered due to the clash between the Mana Beast and the Mana Fortress, bad use of Mana, and all that stuff.

Okay, it's off to the Pure Land now... but that's for next time.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

pureland-cover-crop.png

?

Well, it was no doubt named after the concept. The game also has a town named Mandala.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yep. 

Wild remarks by their CEO aside, they seem like they're attempting a comeback after struggling for roughly the past decade. -Attempting, they haven't quite pulled it off yet, there has been delays.

No way! A level-5 comeback would be so amazing if they kept pushing out games similar to those three!

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, it's off to the Pure Land now... but that's for next time.

Powerful enemies there. Be ready for that

KINO

Beginning-of-the-Enders.png

Do I?

Sunrise? Might as well be the Sun itself, given how much of mechanime has revolved around them.

I have been saying I've had no desire to play anything except Berseria. ...Except, I spent yesterday and the evening before that in a vortex of self-criticism😣, I didn't play anything as a result of that. I feel better today, but, do I smash the glass and take what would hopefully -given the original SRW developer made it- be a dose of guaranteed feel-goodness?🤔

I was planning on starting Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars after Berseria, as a palette cleanser before moving on to XC3. I wouldn't be altering my play schedule all that much. However, I know how I am. I've a record of leaving games unfinished for a while, or even forever, especially long JRPGs, I don't want to see Berseria suffer that fate. And if TFoM is so much like SRW, once I start, I probably won't stop until the credits roll.😆 Yet, I've almost 40 hrs in Berseria, surely I deserve to change it up; while the characters remain good, Tales gameplay does get dull going on for that long without anything to break the monotony.

...Overthinking and indecisiveness, as usual with me.😅

1 hour ago, Venger_06 said:

KINO

That's literally just white Zelkov. Cursed.

Also without context it looks like they met up in a private corner to flirt. And probably other things to do with the gun that guy's carrying in his pants.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Beginning-of-the-Enders.png

Do I?

Sunrise? Might as well be the Sun itself, given how much of mechanime has revolved around them.

I have been saying I've had no desire to play anything except Berseria. ...Except, I spent yesterday and the evening before that in a vortex of self-criticism😣, I didn't play anything as a result of that. I feel better today, but, do I smash the glass and take what would hopefully -given the original SRW developer made it- be a dose of guaranteed feel-goodness?🤔

I was planning on starting Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars after Berseria, as a palette cleanser before moving on to XC3. I wouldn't be altering my play schedule all that much. However, I know how I am. I've a record of leaving games unfinished for a while, or even forever, especially long JRPGs, I don't want to see Berseria suffer that fate. And if TFoM is so much like SRW, once I start, I probably won't stop until the credits roll.😆 Yet, I've almost 40 hrs in Berseria, surely I deserve to change it up; while the characters remain good, Tales gameplay does get dull going on for that long without anything to break the monotony.

...Overthinking and indecisiveness, as usual with me.😅

The Fist of Mars? 🤔

Where does that one fall in the storyline compared to the PS2 ones?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

The Fist of Mars? 🤔

Where does that one fall in the storyline compared to the PS2 ones?

Takes place between the first one and The 2nd Runner. It's a gaiden game, pretty much.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Takes place between the first one and The 2nd Runner. It's a gaiden game, pretty much.

It’s been probably 20 years since I played the first ZOE last, but I seem to remember it having a pretty crappy ending

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

TTYD changed Mario's salute to a thumbs up for... Silly reasons. 

Damn fascists appropriating the Roman Salute.

This ain't new, sadly. Changing the salute goes far back.

r/pokemon - i wonder why they changed it...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Actually, they already removed it in the European version of the original NGC release.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Actually, they already removed it in the European version of the original NGC release.

Im sure they thought when doing that "Mario is a psychopath somewhere inside!"

I wonder what's gonna happen first. Reach Level 99 or get all the Rare Drops I need...