Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I can't believe Castlevania is doing a farming spin-off.

Graveyard Keeper has existed for years.:

e96f84077535999e035b88bc9966c3ccaba19ff79e35a43501ee68b77407b0b8063c6c707cef27eb65c5b5b9a57f64fd02ad43424706642d5caf392c5d96ee33

Although it's darker and not at all cutesy -you might be able to make today's cadaver into tomorrow's sausage. (No dating aspect either, the game's own profile calls itself cemetery capitalism.) One review I read said it's overly grindy, but Metacritic gives it a 7/10 average, so it's alright. 

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

lol Seriously, the premise alone sold me. I'm definitely getting this. And gonna name the protagonist Adrian.

I was thinking Alucard, same difference.😆

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...You have really created a horrible monstrosity with this one.

Thank you. I'm happy with the result as well.

4 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Glad you like it, old man!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Glad you like it, old man!

The abomination’s unclean flesh must be pierced by sainted steel! Send it burning back to Hell from whence it came!!!

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yet, I've heard it said that Cheria ...contributes nothing to Graces. My memory of the game is foggy, but I think I can see that?

Being fair: none of the cast truly does, the game is mostly just one huge joke. 

Kirby Triple Deluxe review

It's a pretty solid Kirby game but admittedly i don't have to much to say about it. Levels were pretty neat, you got some neat Copy Abilities in there like Archer (crazy how this and Leaf are in the same game for how busted they are) but the game as a whole is alright. Hypernova isn't as exciting as Ultra Abilities that came before it or the Robobot that came after.

I don't actually have 100% but let's pretend i do because i'm not collecting all the keychains.

7/10

On 5/8/2024 at 7:33 PM, Lightchao42 said:

I was wondering if I should get recommendations as to what fillings to get, but I got mine with beans and cheese.

Tuna goes good with it but idk if many places will do that.

Can't go wrong with chicken and cheese. Or meat and cheese.

23 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..I had also been randomly reading like two weeks ago some months-old pure speculation about Project Dragon.😅 Specifically, that the founder of the Rune Factory franchise -Yoshifumi Hashimoto- and the company within Marvelous that he had set up during RF5's development -Hakama- might not return for Project Dragon, nor Rune Factory 6.

We don't have any confirmation over this though, right?

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

22cad919-f4bf-4be4-9cdc-2739b69d61ea.jpgf3fe9dea-3c53-49cd-9508-79c39e7e387f.jpg

Yo no way, Xenoblade X2.

Posted (edited)

Okay, played through the next Prince Tut segment... now as the titular Cursed Mummy. Unlike Sphinx, there's no combat at all in his segments. Just platforming and puzzles as he explores the Castle of Uruk. The game also seems to love making use of his undead state to his chagrin as he can get electrified, aflamed, even squashed flat; all in use for the puzzles. It's... a thing I guess, heh. Though true to being undead, he has no health bar so no fear of a Game Over. Just go at it until you reach the end. In any case, now I got the Wings of Ibis, which let Sphinx to double jump. Also got one of the Museum's stolen jewels. Mummy segments are plot-gated, as you must find the Canopic Vases containing the fragments of his soul. All mandatory to get, so it's a good excuse as any to signal the POV change.

Anyway, back with Sphinx, now I can get to Anubis' Tower with the double jump, but first, I did the Obstacle Course minigame. I wish it had a visible timer, since it must be cleared twice to 100% the game (well, okay, only finishing it once gives you something, an Ankh piece; second time is just if you want the achievement). The time limit is 78 seconds... and thankfully for me I cleared the first time in 77. So I could do it the second time, as it you must now beat your own time. Which ended up being 71 seconds. Certainly took several tries each... but thankfully I can put that behind now!

Okay, will head to Anubis' Tower... next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Got Prody to level 15. He still hasn't learned anything that would compensate for the loss of Good Neighbor.
At this point I am inclined to give up, but I suppose there is precedent for units getting skills at max level just for the hell of it. Like Jonathan getting skills at level 15 and 30 despite not being able to do anything that earns him exp. So I guess for the sake of science I keep up with it.

Chapter 15 is also a good map to pike some cavalry. Hopefully it's enough to get him to 20, so that I can then ditch him.

9 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Being fair: none of the cast truly does, the game is mostly just one huge joke. 

The child arc was a tad overlong, yet it held promise. The Barona arc in the main story was good. ...As soon as the story leaves Barona for the desert continent though, then it's all on uneventful autopilot. Until like maybe the part when the truth of things starts coming to light, which is basically the beginning of the story's end.

If one wanted to be ultra-reductionist, as a thought experiment, the story only needs Asbel and Sophie. If I made room for another playable, it'd be Hubert, if only for the scene where Sophie returns. Richard is also needed, but ofc his playability is very limited. Cheria and Malik contribute very little, Pascal's lone purpose is to be the smart one in the group.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

We don't have any confirmation over this though, right?

As I said, it was pure speculation, based on what little messaging/information Marvelous has put out, plus the absence of any mention of Hakama in the announcement. Also, Hashimoto might not have appeared in 3 Special's new credits at all, only those of the original game, unlike 4S.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

7/10

I can see this. If you make a modern Kirby trilogy in a loose sense out of KRDL, 3D, and PR, then I'd be inclined to agree that 3D is the weakest.

Since I played them chronologically and the release gap between 3D and PR isn't big, I did feel PR was less fresh. Yet qualitatively PR is the superior game.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yo no way, Xenoblade X2.

Canada, actually.🇨🇦 

https://photocontest.smithsonianmag.com/photocontest/

But yes, as weird as it may sound, when I see such awe-inspiring IRL things, I do kinda wish a video game would replicate them.😆 

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

you make a modern Kirby trilogy in a loose sense out of KRDL, 3D, and PR, then I'd be inclined to agree that 3D is the weakest

And hey, speaking of

IMG20240510101216.jpg?ex=663f7cfc&is=663

Have not played this one since the original Wii version that I rented from Blockbuster.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

Jo!

What did i miss the last few weeks?

Outside of video games: I finished the semester and I start the next one next week. Getting back into drawing too, working on fundamentals right now. I'll be graduating a year from now but only because a class I need is only offered in the spring.

Inside of video games:

I did a replay of Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze. The latter is still peak. I'm also doing a chronological replay of Xenoblade (I also finished my X replay).

And just yesterday, I beat Kirby Triple Deluxe.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I finished the semester and I start the next one next week

Joo grats!

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

'll be graduating a year from now but only because a class I need is only offered in the spring.

You can do it. Good luck 😄

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm also doing a chronological replay of Xenoblade

Boi

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shrimpica said:

Jo!

The never ending war to wrestle from the hands of perfidious Teehee the soul of humanity, “Saint” Rubenio creating an unhallowed abomination whose unclean flesh was pierced by sainted steel and Robert Graves’ King Jesus. You know, the usual.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

1 hour ago, Shrimpica said:

I played about a little less than 40 hours of Tales of Berseria. Then I needed a breather and decided to play Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars, a short, simple, GBA mecha SRPG with a nice little grounded story. I finished ZoE: TFoM after four days of play, on Tuesday. And, b/c reactivating the thrusters in space can take time just as it does to launch the rocket in the first place, I've only gotten back to Berseria today.😅 

Beyond that -well you know I have no life.😆

BTW Shrimpy, if you haven't been on Reddit recently.:

-I know you have an account.😜 And I don't, so I was going to ask you something, but it's a totally stupid request. So I won't bother.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

And hey, speaking of

IMG20240510101216.jpg?ex=663f7cfc&is=663

Have not played this one since the original Wii version that I rented from Blockbuster.

I did play through it recently as I did post here. Have fun when you do!😃

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I played about a little less than 40 hours of Tales of Berseria

Ayy

Hope you're enjoying it!

BTW Shrimpy, if you haven't been on Reddit recently.

I have been on reddit (although also much less active). Saw the thread as well 😉

Some interesting, some typical answers.

well you know I have no life.

Museum time!

37 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

Ayy

Hope you're enjoying it!

It was a tad rough (b/c me) getting into at first, but by four hours or so in, I got in the zone. I do enjoy Tales. 😄

My thoughts so far, not likely to change a ton by the time I finish.:

Initial Conceptual Impression-

• A distant prequel to Zestiria that intentionally does a 180 narratively. Darkness is good, Light is evil. Plot is unusually dark and kinda edgy for Tales too.
    • Comical in a sense to see such a flip, particularly when Zestiria was generally disliked. -Although that critical reception seems to have had no influence on the actual creation of Berseria.

Characters-

• As I wrote yesterday, I feel like Tales especially for a JRPG, lives and dies by its heroic cast.
    • In this metric, Berseria has one of the better crews!😄
  • There's definitely a more mature vibe to the cast too, or at least Velvet-Rokurou-Eizen. Befitting the darker tone.
    • If somebody forced me to suggest a Tales to someone who didn't like "anime" ...I'd tell them that'd be impossible b/c Tales loves being anime.😝 -But Berseria would be my top answer.
  • Personally, I just think the cast is solid. Can't say much more than that.😀
    • Although, sorry Shrimpy, but the witch is easily my least favorite of the bunch (and the other five heroes seem to agree with me).😆 But even Magilou isn't truly terrible.
    • Rokurou lost a point when he said he found dogs too servile. Velvet contrariwise gained a point when she said she liked them.🐶 
    • Laphicet good, Eizen good. The above two also good.
    • Eleanor works for me specifically because she is contrast with the 4/6 dark-aligned lineup. It makes her more memorable than she otherwise would be.
  • While Tales has done without romance before, there is absolutely zilch in Berseria.
    • Laphicet as the closest thing to the male lead sets up a refreshingly different protagonists' relationship compared to the veeeeery typical young hetero lovers you find in a JRPG story.

Skits-

• At times, there have been too many of them. As in "plot happens, five consecutive optional skits become available".😵 It has felt like there has been more than ever with Berseria.
  • But, Skits are to Tales what Supports are to FE- essential to the characterization spirit of the franchise. I like 'em. Lots of writing and voicework goes into them.
    • A few duds for me (some with Bienfu, others where they joke about Laphicet's innocence), yet the quality is generally good in Berseria.

Plot-

• It's okay, but that's fine. I can't see it being worse than Vesperia and Graces. Maybe it'll pick up once I finish the last leg of the "Therion Hunt" that I'm guessing comprises the middle third of the story.
  • Villains- Lackluster. Tales has been mixed about the quality of its bad guys in the past.
    • Berseria gives us a formal villainous organization... but its members aren't great. Nowhere near the five-six God-Generals in Abyss, who generally got some decent effort put into them -if with an oddly-flavorless leader.
    • Artorius does get more put into him than his underlings, at least initially, but I've still doubts he'll amount to a remarkable villain in the end. Too arrogantly stoic, quite possibly.

Music-

• Other than the opening, none of the music has stuck to me.😐 The homogenized Tales music machine and tone has become completely unmemorable to me, though not bad.
  • However, I don't think I recall a single Tales track from outside of Symphonia, barring maybe one from Abyss.😅 I should listen to the forgotten OSTs again while exercising, to see if I've missed a gem somewhere.🏃‍♂️

Visuals- Typical for Tales, cel-shaded anime with nicely drawn skit portraits works for me.

Combat-

• All the areas feel too big with too many (easily dodged) enemies. Didn't need to deny me the hoverboard for half the game.
  • The game-specific nuances in every Tales are lost on me, I don't take the time to learn them. I've been having fun on Normal using Velvet all the time, witnessing the shouting and kaleidoscopic chaos of Tales battles.😃

My prior record with Tales is: Symphonia, ToS: Dawn of the New World, Abyss, Phantasia, Graces, Xillia, Vesperia, Zestiria. I'm a veteran of the franchise. It was hard to imagine that I wouldn't like Berseria.🙂

37 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

Museum time!

I've been thinking about another trip to DC, yet I've been delaying on deciding when (but it has to be before November).😅

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • As I wrote yesterday, I feel like Tales especially for a JRPG, lives and dies by its heroic cast.
    • In this metric, Berseria has one of the better crews!😄
  • There's definitely a more mature vibe to the cast too, or at least Velvet-Rokurou-Eizen. Befitting the darker tone.
    • If somebody forced me to suggest a Tales to someone who didn't like "anime" ...I'd tell them that'd be impossible b/c Tales loves being anime.😝 -But Berseria would be my top answer.

👍

Although, sorry Shrimpy, but the witch is easily my least favorite of the bunch (and the other five heroes seem to agree with me).😆 But even Magilou isn't truly terrible.

how far in are you?

She shines more later on, although imo Velvet steals the show

Eleanor works for me specifically because she is contrast with the 4/6 dark-aligned lineup. It makes her more memorable than she otherwise would be.

and her development is great.

She's bascially an "anti-Camus". 

I can't see it being worse than Vesperia and Graces. Maybe it'll pick up once I finish the last leg of the "Therion Hunt" that I'm guessing comprises the middle third of the story.

ah you're there.

Artorius does get more put into him than his underlings, at least initially, but I've still doubts he'll amount to a remarkable villain in the end.

I honestly quite like him.

And welll...spoiler

Other than the opening, none of the music has stuck to me.

Tales moment

I've been thinking about another trip to DC, yet I've been delaying on deciding when (but it has to be before November).😅

dew it!

Imma try to bait with some pics later from where i was the last few weeks

Edited by Shrimpica

5 hours ago, Shrimpica said:

Jo!

I garoned a new victim a couple pages back.

Holy shit.

5 hours ago, Shrimpica said:
5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade

Boi

I'm only doing this once lol. But I'm deciding how I wanna tackle the Aionios arc.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

did play through it recently as I did post here. Have fun when you do!😃

I had forgotten how good the art direction was with this one.

💀

38 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

Imma try to bait with some pics later from where i was the last few weeks

Yeah I figured you were traveling cause that's what happened the last time you dipped.

Curious to see where you went this time.

With elections here in less than a month... yeah, I'm thankful they won't be as... intense, as over there.