• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Finally, I've booked a therapist.

It does make me nervous though, for reasons. -Which is reason enough to delve into anxiety-free mecha today.😄

I have faith in you! It is a serious first-step I agree, but thats why you need to take it!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It does make me nervous though, for reasons. -Which is reason enough to delve into anxiety-free mecha today.😄

Good call. Here's hoping it will be a positive experience for you.

24 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hii~

Here's a rose and a cookie for everyone here.🍪🌹

7fHVDlOR_o.png

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

👍

You can do it and good luck!

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Hii~

coming back signaling you are part of the dark side i see!

Hi hi!

Sorry for such late responses, I have just been a bit quiet, and kept getting distracted before posting anything.

On 5/11/2024 at 5:07 PM, Shrimpica said:

When it comes to Fate, the main work is Fate/Stay Night (VN or Anime, although the adaptations are lacking).

You know, I did watch through Fate Stay Night back in the day. One of my roommates in college was really into anime, so I watched a fair bit with him, Fate Stay Night included.

On 5/11/2024 at 11:58 PM, Venger_06 said:

The original is still better tho

Very true. It was my favorite music from the original, and their attempts to improve fail to do so.

On 5/13/2024 at 7:30 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Started up Berseria this morning, and in the few minutes it took to to get aboard the ship again, something went off in my brain. Playing it suddenly felt laborious, an urge to just stop playing and drop the game here, right before the final dungeon. Symphonia's curse struck again!😆

It's only been ten hours of play since I resumed following the ZoE interlude. I shouldn't be tired of the game like this nor so quickly. Why is my neurocircuitry behaving so routinely and annoyingly?🤔 Since I enjoy the game, however, I ought to be able to overcome the faulty wiring.🤞

On 5/15/2024 at 1:07 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Finished Berseria.😀 Ending was fine, fairly expectable. My thoughts on the game haven’t changed. Great heroic cast, unusually dark for Tales. Gameplay, music, length, visuals, all as expected from the franchise. Glad to get it over with, the end of games are usually a drag for me.

Glad you managed to finish it in spite of the little enthusiasm hiccup there near the end.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Glad to hear about the promise of potential improvement in your life. Although with even good change bringing up that innate fear of change, hopefully this comfortable little game helps assuage that anxiety.

Sorry if I got a little wordy there.

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Hii~

WELCOME BACK!!!

Sorry for shouting, just glad to see you around again.

Steven Moffat really wrote an episode of Doctor Who where The Doctor stood on a landmine for 40 minutes and it was peak.

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

The final assignment is to write an essay on which Three Houses character was right.

Saw the headline about the same time you posted it.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/05/random-new-university-course-helps-students-gain-a-deeper-understanding-of-fire-emblem

9 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I have faith in you! It is a serious first-step I agree, but thats why you need to take it!

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good call. Here's hoping it will be a positive experience for you.

7 hours ago, Shrimpica said:

👍

You can do it and good luck!

31 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Glad to hear about the promise of potential improvement in your life. Although with even good change bringing up that innate fear of change, hopefully this comfortable little game helps assuage that anxiety.

Sorry if I got a little wordy there.

Thanks y'all!😃

32 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Glad you managed to finish it in spite of the little enthusiasm hiccup there near the end.

As I've mentioned before, me & finishing games (occasionally) has had this issue since... 2005 I guess? Since I was 12?😆 Made it to the veeeeeeeeery end of Tales of Symphonia, I walked through the door beyond which lay a warp sigil that brings you to the final boss. ...It was years before I actually took that sigil. Don't remember when I finally did actually.😆 And, I played through Symphonia multiple times, not all on NG+.

An odd instinctual habit to pick up for sure.😅 Albeit, maybe not as weird as developing my still-strong tendency to overapologize from imitating Symphonia's lead heroine, Colette. I recall thinking I didn't apologize enough as a kid, and I ended up going in the total opposite direction.

Just now, Armagon said:

Steven Moffat really wrote an episode of Doctor Who where The Doctor stood on a landmine for 40 minutes and it was peak.

...That happens to remind me of a movie I saw in college on the violent breakup of Yugoslavia with that general premise. Not a very happy one.😐

------

I started SRW W, albeit only the first two scenarios.😆 Not going to post screenshots, since while I did a bunch, it was a fairly tedious process. I'll just do a long bunch of bullet points.

Spoiler
  • Title screen music- Different direction from J's, it's more chill, gritty, and eclectic. I think I prefer J's overall.
  • The opening text scroll, pretty long. A lot to read.
    • I assumed it'd Cosmic Era since Gundam SEED, Alliance Space Calendar doesn't sound like it.
    • Earth Sphere Unified Nation is new to me, but then it mentions OZ. Gundam Wing is prominent in the backstory, I get it, since W only uses Endless Waltz.
    • Threats from space... EI-01, I think that's GaoGaiGar? Probably from me glimpsing flowcharts on Akurasu.
    • Radam, Jovian Lizards! I know those!
    • Terrorist attacks with robots, could mean Dr. Hell's Mechabeasts maybe, alternatively could mean Arm Slaves.
    • Naturals and Coordinators. Yup, now they speak of SEED.
    • Trailers... If my memory from checking Akurasu years ago isn't wrong, this is setting the Banpresto Original stage now. In plentiful detail, necessary detail, given this is all created specifically for this game, not like you could watch an anime to learn more.
      • "Space Pirates"? I didn't realize Metroid got in. Samus would be totally fine in a game with Tekkaman Blade. Having Heero around would mean she'd have somebody to mutually not speak with too.
  • Getting to name Kazuma and the Valhawk, doesn't feel necessary when you don't get to choose anything else.😛
  • For Favorites, I pick Banpresto Original b/c ofc I would, then I pick Golion since this is its only SRW appearance. For my third I pick ...where is Detonator Orgun?🤨 It's not here, why? I take GaoGaiGar then, even when the funds boost is incredibly low, I wasn't expecting a Super series to have that many units.
    • Why does Mazinkaiser use MaZ for its icon, yet Shin Getter uses Shin Get? Are vanilla Getter and Getter G not around?
    • Aestivalis, Blade, and the Gernsback all look pretty much the same as before. Sprite recycling, I get it.
  • Scenario 1
    • Kazuma starts things, and then Duo gets the honor of being the first licensed character to appear (his portrait looks too small for him, Quatre's is better). The initial antagonism between the two was unexpected. I was kinda expecting Duo to be a nicer guy than that, going off my memory of his fairly-limited showing in A Portable. 
    • Rest of the Valstork team shows up. Gets thrusted into battle against space pirates consisting of Wing Taurus and SEED non-Suits.
    • On the Banpresto Original Units...
      • Valstork doesn't have a barrier, a shame, but the first non-OGverse Banpresto Original battleship seems fine otherwise. Has a nice MAP attack too.
      • Valhawk, a Real with a flight mode (only +5 Mobility means it won't overshadow the humanoid form) and a sub-pilot, it doesn't look bad either.
      • "Heat Edge Exploder" is a stupid attack name, but it's Akashic Buster visually, so I forgive it.
      • Reallllly good animations here.😄 Not much of a surprise, they're the Banpresto Originals. Definitely noticing the technical boost going from GBA to DS brought. Music ain't the greatest, but not bad at all either.
      • I checked after the battle, the Valstork and Valhawk share upgrades. Makes sense given what happens later. For much of the game, it means I can upgrade two good units for the price of one. I'll take that.
    • I delete the initial enemies, applying Focus to keep the hit rates near zero, unknowns appear. Said to be tiny, enemy Tekkaman Blade get mentioned. That's different from J.
      • These Eids are from Orgun? I like their design, as if an alien tried fusing with a fighter jet.
    • The Waltz duo deploys! Sandrock has Supply here, it didn't in AP. Deathscythe gained a MAP, I didn't check its coverage. Though, Deathscythe's vulcan is waaaay weaker here than it's unusual AP strength, at 20 EN per swing of the scythe, the Hell is going to need EN upgrades pronto!
      • Why are the wings concealing the Deathscythe, and why is it white? Isn't it supposed to be black? And is that toga armor the Sandrock is wearing?🤨 I don't remember that in AP.
      • Animation quality is again pretty good.
      • Last Impression sounds like it's being played on a xylophone? I can roll with it.
    • Enemies cleared, a helpful unknown shows up. They say it isn't a Tekkaman, yet the animations and general design greatly resemble one. Orgun I take it.
    • More time spent on getting to know the Valstork family, Duo and Kazuma quickly put their bad initial impression. Nice.
  • Scenario 2
    • Shadowed OG bad guys mysteriously talk to each other, I know it's them b/c I recall seeing the name "Applicant" long ago on Akurasu. Plus, it's always the OG baddies who are among those who get some shade.
      • Eight months before they reach the Solar System? Timeskip when and how?
    • Duo named Mythril, Full Metal Panic first reference made.
    • Second battle is at the Orbital Ring, that certainly wasn't in J. Though I heard of it before thanks to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
    • Tekkaman Blade is here, already integrated into the good guys. Blade is more pre-settled into the story than it was in J. Which I get, this is its second (and last) appearance, it doesn't have to start so unknown within the story nor at the very start of its own.
    • Already, we get treated to Evil and to Blade referring to his 30-minute limit. That's moving up the pace, probably to fit the second season into W.
    • Tekkaman Blade as a unit looks more or less identical to how he did in J, just a little cleaner and brighter. Which is fine, since he was already a very good looking and well-animated sprite. The Blue Earth and Radam Beasts are a tad spiffier than they used to be.
      • I wasn't expecting Reason would get a remix for W, it's good.
    • The being named after the battle as Detonator Orgun shows up during the battle as allied NPC. The Ankh Attack indeed resembles Voltekka. I thought Detonator Orgun going off name alone would be Super, turns out to be tokusatsu.
    • After the battle, D-Boy explains a rivalry exists between Evoluted (my eyes had to make sure it wasn't with "Evoulder" that GaoGaiGar term) and the Radam. If they're similar tokusatsu aliens, I can see why Banpresto would pair them.
    • The New United Nations splits the various special groups between Security Council and Secretariat, curious if that'll have any long-term complications.
    • Next mission is to capture/destroy Nadesico? I think I'll politely refuse.😝

Okay, one of the freed people had the next Canopic Vase. This one finally introduces an Urukite, though he only shows up at the beginning. Anyway, the main thing to get is an Invitation to let Sphinx past the palace guards (as somehow the door they guard can't open unless they're freed too... which then ask for an invitation; funny how that works). So, the Pharaoh is finally is freed and... turns out, Anubis petrified him because he had turned to Set's side. So being freed now... he must be stopped from delivering his crown to Set. Thus the next boss battle. Unlike the previous ones, this one ain't part of a scrapped sequence best I know. So, the Sacred Crown of Heliopolis is in my hands now.

And we cut immediately to the last Mummy segment. The Urukites found a Canopic Vase, so no need for Sphinx to get this one. Despite being the last segment, it introduces one final mechanic. The Mummy getting turned into smoke, allowhing him to pass through certain barriers. It only gets used once, which makes me wonder why they even bothered. Unless there were more planned but got scrapped. Anyway, the Mummy finds the Sacred Crown of Set... just in time for Set himself to finally realize it was him all along who had been messing around the place. Fortunately, the items get passed on to Sphinx, but Prince Tut was captured. Bummer.

So, with the last two crowns, it's time to return to Anubis... but I won't just yet. Doing so starts the endgame, and it's a point of no return. So any unfinished business to do, it's the last time to do so. Speaking off, I need to deliver the last stolen jewels and captured monsters to the Museum, to get the last ankh pieces to get the final Gold Ankh. Gonna need a full set of 900 Scarabs for that. So, will have to go and grind the money. Though that will be for next time, and likely next time I'm finishing the game at last. Something I didn't do almost 20 years ago when I got the PS2 version! Sheesh...

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I assumed it'd Cosmic Era since Gundam SEED, Alliance Space Calendar doesn't sound like it.

Yeah, sometimes the in-game calendar uses an original term, rather than one from its existing series.

• Earth Sphere Unified Nation is new to me, but then it mentions OZ. Gundam Wing is prominent in the backstory, I get it, since W only uses Endless Waltz.

You'd think that with the game divided in two parts they could use the TV series and then Endless Waltz... but nope.

• Threats from space... EI-01, I think that's GaoGaiGar? Probably from me glimpsing flowcharts on Akurasu.

Yep, the Zonder use the EI-## designations. GGG following the classic Super Robot formula, the EI-## were the Monsters of the Week, with the numbers being... well, the order in which they appeared. For the most part, I think.

• Radam, Jovian Lizards! I know those!

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

• Trailers... If my memory from checking Akurasu years ago isn't wrong, this is setting the Banpresto Original stage now. In plentiful detail, necessary detail, given this is all created specifically for this game, not like you could watch an anime to learn more.
      • "Space Pirates"? I didn't realize Metroid got in. Samus would be totally fine in a game with Tekkaman Blade. Having Heero around would mean she'd have somebody to mutually not speak with too.

Pft, that ain't nothing. T goes quite prevalent with the Space Pirate thing, what with having the Crossbone Vanguard, Captain Harlock, and Argo Gulski.

• For Favorites, I pick Banpresto Original b/c ofc I would, then I pick Golion since this is its only SRW appearance. For my third I pick ...where is Detonator Orgun?🤨 It's not here, why? I take GaoGaiGar then, even when the funds boost is incredibly low, I wasn't expecting a Super series to have that many units.

I suppose I could say this now. When the second part begins, you get to choose more Favorites. I believe that's when Detonator Orgun is an option... which means that, yes, you won't see that one until then.

• Why does Mazinkaiser use MaZ for its icon, yet Shin Getter uses Shin Get? Are vanilla Getter and Getter G not around?

Pretty much. Shin Getter here is on its lonesome. No story beats to go through. Fun fact. W's Shin Getter is its original Manga design, from what I recall. Even though it's still the classic TV series Getter Team piloting it. 

• Kazuma starts things, and then Duo gets the honor of being the first licensed character to appear (his portrait looks too small for him, Quatre's is better). The initial antagonism between the two was unexpected. I was kinda expecting Duo to be a nicer guy than that, going off my memory of his fairly-limited showing in A Portable. 

Isn't he pretending to be Heero there? He's acting, anyway, thus accounting for any perceived personality change.

• I checked after the battle, the Valstork and Valhawk share upgrades. Makes sense given what happens later. For much of the game, it means I can upgrade two good units for the price of one. I'll take that.

Yeah, W's OGs not for nothing are considered among the most OP. This is just one thing of many... 

• Why are the wings concealing the Deathscythe, and why is it white? Isn't it supposed to be black? And is that toga armor the Sandrock is wearing?🤨 I don't remember that in AP.

Did you noticed the Deathscythe has Anti-Beam Coating? That's because the wings do have anti-beam generators, which also allows it to become invisible. I guess A couldn't or didn't want to integrate this in the GBA version, and so AP didn't had it either. Which is strange, since it did gave Texas Mack its anti-beam raincoat even in the GBA version.

As for Sandrock, it's not a toga. It's more of a desert cloak. Yes, for a mecha, haha. Even if it indeed made of cloth, it also function as anti-beam coating... though W didn't give the Sandrock the ability, even if it gave it the cloak. Again, probably couldn't or didn't want to give it in A, and so AP didn't had it either.

This is kinda neat.

Never seen that series, but just the general vibe of the video is nice.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You know, I did watch through Fate Stay Night back in the day.

the 2006 one?

If so, i am sorry you had to experience this xD

Unless you liked it ofc...but for me the old adaptations actually turned me off the series before the "new" ones made me read the VN and made me the big fan i am today

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Never seen that series

it's a fun one

Edited by Shrimpica

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You'd think that with the game divided in two parts they could use the TV series and then Endless Waltz... but nope.

I get why Wouble would use Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz. Though I'm aware that the anime itself has been relatively underutilized in SRW, compared to the movie. SRWD translation when?

Pretty much. Shin Getter here is on its lonesome. No story beats to go through. Fun fact. W's Shin Getter is its original Manga design, from what I recall. Even though it's still the classic TV series Getter Team piloting it. 

So like Shin SRW. And, barring AP, the last showing of Shin Getter with the classic crew, given Akurasu indicates the very last classic appearance in Z1 is Getter Charmeleon only.

Isn't he pretending to be Heero there? He's acting, anyway, thus accounting for any perceived personality change.

Well, it's more he was acting naturally, for the sake of showing how Trailers have developed a bad reputation presently. Gotta contribute to developing the OG backstory now who will take his role when OGverse 2.0 Let the ZOGverse Begin! starts in 2035?. Duo spoke way too much to be Heero.

Did you noticed the Deathscythe has Anti-Beam Coating? That's because the wings do have anti-beam generators, which also allows it to become invisible. I guess A couldn't or didn't want to integrate this in the GBA version, and so AP didn't had it either. Which is strange, since it did gave Texas Mack its anti-beam raincoat even in the GBA version.

So that explains the Hyper Jammer too.

The Deathscythe seems pretty good overall. -But 3800 as its strongest attack isn't going to cut it in the long run, even if it can spam it turn 1.

As for Sandrock, it's not a toga. It's more of a desert cloak. Yes, for a mecha, haha. Even if it indeed made of cloth, it also function as anti-beam coating... though W didn't give the Sandrock the ability, even if it gave it the cloak. Again, probably couldn't or didn't want to give it in A, and so AP didn't had it either.

AP did give Sandrock an EWAC for something unique in line with its Robopedia description at least. ...Albeit as a Full Upgrade Bonus, not worth it, but it's the thought that counts?

As for why I thought it was a toga it was wearing, doesn't the helmet look kinda like something a Roman soldier would wear, at least in fiction? I forget exactly where those red mane-like headpieces come from.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I get why Wouble would use Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz. Though I'm aware that the anime itself has been relatively underutilized in SRW, compared to the movie. SRWD translation when?

Now that's certainly true.

So like Shin SRW. And, barring AP, the last showing of Shin Getter with the classic crew, given Akurasu indicates the very last classic appearance in Z1 is Getter Charmeleon only.

Yeah, but at least Z1 made use of Getter G's story.

So that explains the Hyper Jammer too.

The Deathscythe seems pretty good overall. -But 3800 as its strongest attack isn't going to cut it in the long run, even if it can spam it turn 1.

Hmm. It does also come with a +40Hit and +30Crit modifiers. My understanding is that it makes up the attack power by critting more often. Also, did you noticed the C in its stats? You can chain certain attacks, allowing you to damage multiple enemies, so long they're adyacent to each other. So the idea is that you can chain-crit multiple enemies with the Beam Scissors. Sandrock sports the same with the Heat Shotels. Post-movement ranged high crit weapon you can chain.

As for why I thought it was a toga it was wearing, doesn't the helmet look kinda like something a Roman soldier would wear, at least in fiction? I forget exactly where those red mane-like headpieces come from.

Hmm...

As it were, Sandrock was designed for desert operations. The head has a camera that can work even in sandstorms, so that likely explains why the head looks enlarged, as if "wearing" a headpiece.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Cake for brunch 🍰, preceded by SRW first thing in the morning. A pleasant start.

Scenarios 3&4:

Spoiler

Scenario 3

• Admiral Misumaru again, nice. As for Colbert, I have but one question- what are you going to die from this time? There’s no Vital Net to redirect your own nukes back at you in this world.
    • -They did mention Colbert tried to seize Tekkaman Blade. He wanted it captured in J, and actually did for a bit.
    • Nadesico launched from Earth here, not the Moon, the latter was probably a J invention, taking advantage of the canonical Nergal lunar docks.
    • No idea what license Forreston comes from. But it sounds like the UN Secretariat is holding a bunch of the good guy groups, whereas the Security Council is evil-centric.
  • The Nadesico crew again. Portraits are recycled, personalities are as usual. No idea who the Goat guy is.
  • Scenario 3 opens with some SEED grunts and Mu is among them. Odd, since I know one secret demands I get him 10 kills and this is one of only two maps where I can do that.
  • The Nadesico and Aestivalises are more recycled sprites with a slight spiffying up.
    • The music though is totally new, both Schiaparelli Project and Three Angels have a light, pleasant tone …but neither can contest You Get to Burning.😛 I noticed Double Gekigan Flare had its own BGM too.
    • We lost three sub-pilots on the Nadesico, Y?😐 Regardless, I doubt it’ll be as busted as it was in J. -It also lost post-movement on the Missiles.
  • The five Aesti and one battleship have no issues crushing the Alliance forces. Leading to the first deployment of Jovian Lizards, plus the Valstork as allied reinforcements. They’re easily crushed.
  • And only when there are five enemies left, does Mu finally become a momentary ally. I take my time and feed him all the remaining foes. Two of them died to Support Attacks, yet in W, support kills are counted on the supported, not the supporter, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
  • Kazuma, because he missed an important briefing, completely fails to realize they weren’t ever going to destroy the Nad. Good fake tension for the player and deceiving the Alliance forces.
    • Oh, and here’s Jun. I was wondering why his earlier absence. Even when I’ve witnessing Nadesico for the third time, there’s something new to see in SRW.
    • The Nadesico is off to Mars. No need to follow this time, since the Valstork exists and thus the heroes are already anchored to a battleship.
  • Akatsuki and Azrael in shadows after the fight. I thought they were sorta on decent terms in J, here, they’re enemies from the start. The N-Jammer isn't in effect yet Earth Supremacist, if you dislike him, just nuke the businessman.

Scenario 4:

• So G-Island is the destination in Japan. The long-term anchor point of operations within the country? Having one of those is typical of SRW.
  • Tekkaman Blade plot with a sprinkle of Orgun and Noin tossed in, plus Kazuma. The Tek-Set crystal breaks after battle. So soon, Pegas can’t be that far away, not like it was in J, more it was that Blade didn't show up until the end of the earlygame, it actually got through this plot point pretty fast once it did.
  • On Lucrezia, the Taurus has Repair here. It does in AP… as a FUB, much better for her to have it by default.
  • As for Yoko and her fighter jet mech, I got exactly 10 kills from the initial wave of enemies pretty easily. That takes care of one kills-in-limited-chapters secret.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm. It does also come with a +40Hit and +30Crit modifiers. My understanding is that it makes up the attack power by critting more often. Also, did you noticed the C in its stats? You can chain certain attacks, allowing you to damage multiple enemies, so long they're adyacent to each other. So the idea is that you can chain-crit multiple enemies with the Beam Scissors. Sandrock sports the same with the Heat Shotels. Post-movement ranged high crit weapon you can chain.

True. Raw boss-slaying power isn't everything. Not a bad way to differentiate a Real without making it inferior to a Super.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm...

As it were, Sandrock was designed for desert operations. The head has a camera that can work even in sandstorms, so that likely explains why the head looks enlarged, as if "wearing" a headpiece.

Thank you for the info.😀

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nadesico launched from Earth here, not the Moon, the latter was probably a J invention, taking advantage of the canonical Nergal lunar docks.

Was it stated they were departing from there, or just making a pit stop? But yes, the Nadesico was built and departs from Nergal's Sasebo City docks.

• No idea what license Forreston comes from. But it sounds like the UN Secretariat is holding a bunch of the good guy groups, whereas the Security Council is evil-centric.

According to Akurasu:

https://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/W/Character_List

He's from Orgun.

• The Nadesico crew again. Portraits are recycled, personalities are as usual. No idea who the Goat guy is.

Oh, right, W doesn't have a encyclopedia, right?

Looking up, Goat is the Nadesico's "handler". Probably in charge of some adminitrative position aboard the ship, as it's stated he knows quite a lot of the ship and crew.

Akurasu doesn't lable him as a debuting character to SRW, but I know A and R didn't have him. So likely he first showed up in Impact.

Scenario 3 opens with some SEED grunts and Mu is among them. Odd, since I know one secret demands I get him 10 kills and this is one of only two maps where I can do that.

I suppose that's why it's a secret? XD

We lost three sub-pilots on the Nadesico, Y?😐 Regardless, I doubt it’ll be as busted as it was in J. -It also lost post-movement on the Missiles.

No, Y-Unit is not until much later.

J's Nadesico was likely an anomaly, heh. The norm is just one sub-pilot (whether it's the TV series or the movie), though this also didn't come to be until after A-R-Impact were done with.

Shame about the missiles, but yes, most of the time they're not Post-Movement either. Even as far as V, I saw, they still aren't. That's why Hit&Away is so invaluable on battleships captains.

So G-Island is the destination in Japan. The long-term anchor point of operations within the country? Having one of those is typical of SRW.

That and also having a financial backer. More or less why Banjou kept showing up I guess. lol

True. Raw boss-slaying power isn't everything. Not a bad way to differentiate a Real without making it inferior to a Super.

Indeed. Deathcythe is more for crowd control.

Thank you for the info.😀

No problem!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Alright, finished up the Museum, and got the last Gold Ankh. With that done, I can now head to Anubis, who reveals he was using the crowns to restore Osiris' power. Osiris then sends Sphinx to Uruk Castle... or close to it at least. One last 'level' (which is just a short corridor, while avoiding a laser beam), and at last, the battle against Set!

And done! The game is beaten! The final scenes were certainly setting up a sequel... which never happened. Complete with Tutankhamen remaining a Mummy despite Osiris handing over the last Canopic Vase. And Horus pretty much disappeared from the plot, but it's hard to say if that was intentional or the rest of his role was among the scrapped stuff. Either way, it's certain the story ends here. Not even the game getting this rerelease has incentivise the making of a sequel. A bit of a bummer, since it was oh so interesting. Well, at last, I can finally say I've beaten it. 20 years late, but I did.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That happens to remind me of a movie I saw in college on the violent breakup of Yugoslavia with that general premise. Not a very happy one.😐

This episode was pretty bleak too....well maybe not bleak but it was dark. We saw:

A corporation that prides itself on keeping conflicts at "just above the acceptable casualty rate". Automatic combat ambulances that, if they determine your injury takes too long to recover from, it'll "humanly terminate" you on the spot while saying "thoughts and prayers". Smart landmines that detect if the thing that triggered them is alive. So, not just detecting pressure changes but heart rate as well. 

Stakes were raised when it's revealed the landmine use the target's genetic material as the explosive. The Doctor, being a Time-Lord, would've caused an explosion to blow up half the planet they were on ("I'm a complex space-time event").

Episode was basically calling out the war profiteering and even how blind faith keeps people from seeing the truth.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

20240517_112531.jpg?ex=664a2806&is=6648d

Normally I tune out the culture war bullshit but this shit got annoying, even for me this time.

There's literally a game where an Irish guy becomes a samurai, yet no one says anything. I wonder why.....

Scenarios 5&6

Spoiler
  • A lovely blend of GaoGaiGar, Mazinger, Tekkaman, and Full Metal Panic!.😀
  • The intro to GGG is gggood.
    • Enemy J and Mamoru as a kid are new to me (where's Ikumi?). As are the Super AI robots, which IIRC combine into Genesic/Final GaoGaiGar, but in GGG vs. Betterman were burnt out and hadn't enough time to be repaired, hence the seven-pilot Final GGG.🤩
    • GGG itself is as it was in 30- a "classic-styled SRW gameplay Super", big strength, hello first attack with more than 4000 power, but very limited range.
    • Animation quality on the mechs is awesome. Fluid, I also like the cutscenes-vs.-Zonder Hell & Heaven having the subtle difference of the Zonder Core being shown in GGG's hands. Now I get why Hell & Heaven opts for the closed double-handed fist, I didn't understand it in 30.
    • Scenario 5 was vs. EI-02, Scenario 6 was EI-15, quite the jump. Quite an array of Zonderized units from other licenses too.
    • Plot-wise, a bombastic, strong start.
  • On Full Metal Panic!
    • I like having them and their covert operations-ness. You'd think they'd pair well with the Wingers, but the Wing crew is fractured right now and hasn't done any special ops yet.
    • Kaname is annoyed by Sosuke's lack of common sense in totally different ways this time. Though she seems used to a higher level of unusual times here, owing I guess to living on G-Island, plus it doesn't sound like Sosuke is hiding his real identity anywhere near as much as I recall he was in J.
    • Fighting M9's new rendition is good, I didn't recognize it at first. At least the equal of the J version. Seeing the M6 predecessor Arm Slave is good too.
    • The Gernsbacks look the same, but I think their attacks have received a few animation tweaks? Also tweaked- Tessa's portrait, more than just a brightening there I think, I like the change.
  • On Mazinkaiser
    • A hostage situation and a self-sacrifice to set up Ashura Mazinger and berserk Kouji. Well, after playing it straight in GC and J, I suppose it was time for a twist. Both Kouji and Tetsuya having Guard from the start assures the norm with Mazinger- tanking literally everything and then Mazin Power punching in return.
    • This said, comparing the animations of Mazinger and GaoGaiGar, you can see the difference between their GBA and DS origins. Much less movement and fluidity with the Maz units.
    • Fire Wars is good like always.
    • Also, Getter has been cooperating with Mazinger? This is SRW, noooooo surprise there. Getter Robo being destroyed and the Mazingers starting their first fight with like 1000HP shaved off every unit. Good way of showing off the damages Dr. Hell has been doing.
  • Tekkaman Blade
    • Pegas is here already. I think the Pegas Formation attack is new. And I'm certain Blade lost some attacks while on Pegas compared to J. Nice detail that GGG helped in the creation of Pegas by drawing from its Super AI knowhow, I think these little cross-licensing lore brushstrokes.
    • Because I didn't speak of it before, Dagger now has a Fritz portrait. Nice touch.
    • The plot action was good. So is learning that basically all the aliens seem to be at war with each other.
    • Lady Une sees Balzac for what he really is, very perceptive.
  • Cooperation between the Preventers, Mithril, the Space Knights, the GGG, and not quite the Valstork Family yet. What a wonderful SRW heroic alliance.😄
    • Speaking of- Project W? Has SRW decided to integrate its letter(s) into the plot this time? 
  • I do like how Kazuma so far has been logging every scenario's date. I haven't kept track of the passage of time, but still.
  • Dynamic kills! J might've had... three? They're plentiful already here.
  • Scenario 6 ended with a report that the Nadesico has reached Mars, but encountered new aliens ...what aliens?
    • Layzner isn't here anymore. The Jovian Lizards, and the Orgun, Blade, and GGG aliens have already all been identified, I don't think they should've have been left unnamed in the report. The OG villains can't have arrived yet. The Gundams, FMP, Mazinkaiser, and Getter don't have aliens. So, by process of elimination ...it's the Golion bad guys?🤔

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

J's Nadesico was likely an anomaly, heh. The norm is just one sub-pilot (whether it's the TV series or the movie), though this also didn't come to be until after A-R-Impact were done with.

Indeed. One heckuva an anomaly. Battleship par excellence, a nerfing in W would be totally understandable.

That and also having a financial backer. More or less why Banjou kept showing up I guess. lol

The power of money!

Financial/resource backing is why the heroes got sent to Banjo's mansion in A, during the unusual-for-SRW(?) battleship-less Stay On Earth split.

Indeed. Deathcythe is more for crowd control.

I only now checked the MAP Beam Scissors (W doesn't let you check it the radius without attempting to use the MAP). Cyflash-styled AoE, albeit with friendly-fire. Not as strong as the now-gone Meioh yeah, yet with a much lower Will requirement, it looks great.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, at last, I can finally say I've beaten it. 20 years late, but I did.

Better late than never!😃 -And I was generally following your log of the game. I might've seen images of it many years ago. Was there any bread or beer in the game? I'm told that was an average non-agrarian Egyptian's salary.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A corporation that prides itself on keeping conflicts at "just above the acceptable casualty rate".

Controlled chaos. Precisely what is necessary to assure the evolution and progression of humanity, whilst keeping corruption if not nonexistent, at a minimum compared to that which would exist in a stagnant world of decadent peace.🧐

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Episode was basically calling out the war profiteering and even how blind faith keeps people from seeing the truth.

-Joking aside, anything involving landmines sounds like it'd be material for the horrors and inhumanities of war. It might be something inherent to the kind of weapon it is.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Stakes were raised when it's revealed the landmine use the target's genetic material as the explosive. The Doctor, being a Time-Lord, would've caused an explosion to blow up half the planet they were on ("I'm a complex space-time event").

I'm surprised it wouldn't tear apart the entire planet owing to the generation of massive distortions in spacetime.