• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

How do I like git gud at farming? xD I feel like I’m playing the game wrong xD

I need to actually start mining as well but I always end up sidetracked. Maybe once I unlock the coop....

36 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

let's see

FE4: Me, Wraith and Eltosian

FE5: Me, Rubenio and Kasumi

FE6: Rubenio, Armagon and Benice

FE7: Sooks, Armagon and afaik twilit

FE8: Many of us actually

FE9: Me, twilit, Draggy and Armagon

FE10: Many of us

FE11: Rubenio, twilit and Benice

FE12: Rubenio, twilit and Benice

FE13: I think Sooks, Draggy, Lightcosmo and Armagon? Not sure xD

FE14: Me, Sooks and Eltosian

FE15: Draggy, Armagon and Benice

FE16: Many of us

Berwick: Me, you, Benice and Bow

XD

I don’t know if like fe6 enough to be considered part of the group, and I’m certainly not as knowledgeable on it as the others there, but I enjoyed the game way more than Awakening so I should definitely be removed from the Awakening group.

Of course, Awakening is still better than like 99% of non fe games, so maybe I should be apart of that group...

but do I like fe6 that much? 🤔

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Until I actually say what Fire Emblem games I don't like or am not a fan of. Because oddly enough, it seems to be almost 50/50.

That’s somewhat the point of this thread...

what are you 50/50 on?

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Try to get sprinklers?

Maybe, I feel like I’m just not growing enough at one time and yet my profits don’t seem enough to help me grow more, idk. Maybe it’s because I accidentally stumbled upon pictures of people’s massive farms with all the upgrades and plants galore and every building. xD

How do you get sprinklers, anyway?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe, I feel like I’m just not growing enough at one time and yet my profits don’t seem enough to help me grow more, idk. Maybe it’s because I accidentally stumbled upon pictures of people’s massive farms with all the upgrades and plants galore and every building. xD

How do you get sprinklers, anyway?

Yeah, that's for when you have a constant downpour of money, but to get that you need to get there. Try to get stuff from the mines and such. Eventually, you'll want to craft for items to sell, and not what you grow.

They need to be crafted. They unlock at Farming Level 2, and need a Copper and Iron Bars.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It's not too hard:

1. Get Strawberries/Blueberries/Cranberries, depending on the season
  2. Wait for them to grow fruit
  3. Harvest them
  4. Sell them
  5. ???
  6. Proft!

These three crops produce fruit for the remainder of the season after being planted, which makes them particularly profitable. Strawberries are only available during the second half of Spring, so you'll have to wait if you're not there already.

Edited by Lightchao42

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's not too hard:

1. Get Strawberries/Blueberries/Cranberries, depending on the season
  2. Wait for them to grow fruit
  3. Harvest them
  4. Sell them
  5. ???
  6. Proft!

These three crops produce fruit for the remainder of the season after being planted, which makes them particularly profitable. Strawberries are only available during the second half of Spring, so you'll have to wait if you're not there already.

Well it’s spring 23 or 24 and dead strawberries aren’t exactly the greatest investment... thanks for the tip though!

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, that's for when you have a constant downpour of money, but to get that you need to get there. Try to get stuff from the mines and such. Eventually, you'll want to craft for items to sell, and not what you grow.

Yep, definitely xD

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They need to be crafted. They unlock at Farming Level 2, and need a Copper and Iron Bars.

I really should just go start mining already...

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah...

I only have like 300 Gold atm, and even if Iago's chapter gives me 20k, extra 10k would go alot in helping the matter, especially since i need to get like every staff in the shop for the final maps, and aloooooot of Tonics

We must live in different worlds, theres rarely an FE where I don't end up with tens of thousands of unspent gold at the end, plus rare and limited items clogging my inventory. I might have over 200k remaining on my 3H files.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

You need to have FOUR hearts with someone to take them to the flower dance? Welp, looks my character is going single.

That has happened in the past for early festivals in some farming sims. Playing SoS: Friends of Mineral Town (originally released in 2000/2003), there is absolutely no way in your first year you'll have upgraded your house for a kitchen and have the ingredients and utensils to win the Cooking Exhibition during the first Spring, winning any of the animal contests is next to impossible too in the first year. The same can be said of early dating festivities, although with sufficient gifting, the ones later on are possible first year.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don't feel like theres a wrong way, farming sims can be frantic if you're concerned with getting maximum profits and development online ASAP, but they're meant to be chill in contrast to many genres too. Play at your own speed.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

And me, I just don't like any Fire Emblem game enough to go to war over it.
I'm just open about what I like and what I don't like.

I'm agreement with the first statement.

With the second, I try not to speak of my favorites or least favorites all that much. I'll take a stance once in a while, but detailed regurgitation of positive praises gets tedious, and an upchuck of that which I am critical of isn't good for oneself methinks. It's only a game, if one must criticize endlessly, let it be of the true evils of this world, not bits of recreation that are not so fun, for the absence of fun is not a true evil, it's but a minor discomfort.

I won't say I'm perfect here, sometimes I take insults to games I like too seriously, but I try to keep things in perspective.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We must live in different worlds, theres rarely an FE where I don't end up with tens of thousands of unspent gold at the end, plus rare and limited items clogging my inventory. I might have over 200k remaining on my 3H files.

Conquest doesn't give you thaaaaaaaaat much money xD

Well, that, and Lunatic is letting me spend money to get stronger stuff and tonics, and staves are hella expensive

So the Switch got a new update that lets you wirelessly transfer videos and screenshots directly to your smartphone. This is good. Really good, will make it easier to post screenshots here as I can skip the step where I upload to Twitter, download, and delete the post. I can go straight to the part where I just DM myself the image on Discord to use as an image hosting site.

• The Switch gets a new update
  • There are new icons
  • There are still no Xenoblade icons (or anything else, for that matter), they're all Mario
35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So the Switch got a new update that lets you wirelessly transfer videos and screenshots directly to your smartphone. This is good. Really good, will make it easier to post screenshots here as I can skip the step where I upload to Twitter, download, and delete the post. I can go straight to the part where I just DM myself the image on Discord to use as an image hosting site.

I use a Micro SD Adapter when I want to upload my Switch photos. I got it (and the Micro SD itself) as a bundle with my Switch, and I'll admit that I use it more often than I expected to.

Edited by Lightchao42

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

....Is it actually possible to do this map without a full team of Shurikenbreakers?

Oh no. Ophelia solo didn’t work out?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

....Is it actually possible to do this map without a full team of Shurikenbreakers?

Here is my writeup of it on Lunatic, although it was with only 10 units deployed on maps, none of the prepromoted royals allowed, and without using pairup on the defense, plus I had Shuriken Breaker from the start of the map, so your mileage may vary on how well any of these strats help...

Spoiler

Chapter 25- This one is a bit too tricky to split my forces like the last couple maps. I started by working on Kagero's half, and found a way through far easier than I expected, Saizo's half took a bit longer to figure out, but with clever staff use it worked out. The key preps are a meal that adds +1 strength, +2 defense, and +2 speed to males, a defense tonic on Corrin just in case, a strength tonic on Niles to make ninja kills easier to setup, buying a few vulneraries to make sure Corrin stays healthy, and filling Azura's inventory with exotic staffs to be the faux convoy for this map. I start with Kagero's side as it was the first I figured out, and after clearing Saizo's half my attempts to use Camaraderie to make Corrin invincible ended up leaving my army just unpowered enough to fail the Kagero's half, and it showed it to be a little dicier in a few places.  I start by having Niles lure the ninjas from the second room on Kagero's route (as the man-at-arms and ninjas in the first are more reluctant to act), and spend a few turns luring out and killing them until he starts baiting the ninjas from the back of the first room, that finally convinces them to move and attack people that are in their ranges. After finishing them I must face the corridor of death, and my first step is to rile up the troops clogging up the corridor by using Effie's Armored blow to chip one without taking damage, shelter her with Peri and dance them with Azura  (and then use more shelter dancer shenanigans to get her out of Spy shuriken range), and separate Effie and Peri in such a way that they choke the furthest point Effie can, while Peri equips a sword and lures the further out sword catcher man-at-arms to convince the ninja to use its spy shuriken to get his effective attack stance on Peri instead of wrecking Effie with his doubling silver shuriken. After dealing with these I need to lure the spy shurikens from the two rooms into spaces they can be killed, and Nile's shuriken breaker is the way to go. The western one requires a lot of defensive boosts to prevent the Great club wielding man-at-arms frequent attack stance crits, but after luring one individually to the right place, Niles can one round it and be sheltered and danced to safety and healed up to lure the other side. After the spy shuriken are dealt with I break the eastern wall (and dance them to keep from being attacked from the other room and get more power into the eastern room) but there is enough difficulty reaching and hittting that last ninja in the east that I have to take an enemy phase from it. After the east is dealt with the western room is easier to deal with due to the extra space in the eastern room to stage attacking troops in. After that Niles lures out the ninja's from Kagero's room and we steam roll the rest of that side and grab the gold. The long trek back to the center  gets me close to the 20 turn mark so during most of Saizo's half Corrin is dragon tanking Ryoma and chugging vulneraries whenever he has more than 10 lost health. The first step on Saizo's half is to enemy phase the three ninjas in the first room with Niles. Next turn I give Silas all the rallys, the dance boost, and station Elise on the stairs in the corner to help him tank the 2 ninja and 1 swordmaster just to the west of the door to the next room with a Javalin to chip as he will be double anyway after the first ninja debuff (and they always double him). If the enemy sets up their attack stances right he needs one aegis proc to live, but with 30 skill and how many shuriken hits he is taking I have never seen him fall here, but he is debuffed to point of incompetence.  After surviving that we wipe away this group on player phase. The next step is to wipe out the ninja in the western most corridor (and shelter them out of the lunge blender range) and entrap the further of the two lungers in that next room (with Ophelia pair-up and skill rally or dance boost Elise gets over 90% accuracy with the entrap), and wipe it out. Next I break the wall and use shelter and dancing stats to leave only Effie at the furthest point of the nearest lungers range, with only a Life and Death swordmaster's attack stance to worry about she should be fine, and both can be killed relatively safely. Next I use Calamity gate to lure the ninja with the room into a range battle and after they are dead I lure the two sword masters between that next room and Saizo's room into death range. The pair-up sword masters have yet to move, so I pump enough range attacks into them (plus one final melee attack stance) to finish them without entering the next lunging range (and then loot the chest). I then use another entrap to kill the nearest lunger and prepare for the final assault. With as many cavalry as I can station outside lunger range, and a freeze staff on the sword master for safty (and shelter Felicia with the still slightly debuffed Silas) I lure in the lunger with Niles, and the ninja do not bother to attack him, after that I just push enough cavalry into Saizos room to finish his 3 defenders and the lunger. Saizo falls easily just as Corrin is two uses into his second vulnerary. I end up using Beruka's dual club swordbreaker combo to deal with Ryoma, but Corrin still has to tank 2 hit after the floor changes before he falls.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Has anyone gotten a warning for their sig being too tall?

Because mine was specifically resized to fit the 550x300px requirement, yet I still got a warning for it. I have no idea why.

Huh, now I know why that thread by Integrity happened, then.

Edited by Acacia Sgt