Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why would you start a 3H run then?

Because, it's FE gameplay and enjoy that. 🙂 And, part of me thinks I might open up to it this time, which is probably unlikely, because I've said that for a while and it didn't happen over any of the three 3H runs I did.

I'm better off waiting for the next FE remake, since while I never played NES Gaiden, I know the stories of 4 & 6 well, I know their characters and their story. They may get a modern coat of paint and some new details added that'll be hotly praised and rebuked for a few months, but, I can't say I can remain nonjudgemental and neutral on Jugdral or Elibe when I already understand them in their old forms. It'll be nice again to experience and appreciate an FE in its totality, after my bizarre and unwanted but kept "clothes on, lights on, no eye contact, missionary position" habits developed with Fates, retroactively assigned to Awakening, and later applied to SoV and 3H.

37 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, FF IX is legit great and I'd say best FF.

So if you choose to do that that's my recommendation.

I do want to hope that after the disappointment of XII that IX will be a great FF for me and make me believe a little in the franchise again. That sounds odd given it's one old game, but the warm appreciation I once had for the franchise some years ago has chilled. I want to reignite it.

I've got to disconnect my bedroom's Wii U first, but it isn't like I've played it in over a month or four. It's more I'm so... attention-deprived and wired... that I want the TV on in the background even if I pay no attention to it while I play a game. Can do that with a Wii U, but not a PS3. And I keep refusing to double dip on my Switch. 😅 

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

get Stellaris and keep going

*Looks up game*

Thank you for mentioning this. When in 20XX I get a gaming laptop, I might go for it. I've a desire to expand into 4Xes, and I've a totally unrelated itch for spacey sci-fi games (within certain parameters that exclude most genres with spacey sci-fi). I read Civ: Beyond Earth was mediocre and unfinished, and I've not an interest in going back to the relic of a former humanity called Alpha Centauri, so this could suffice instead.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not officially. People have made converters. The only official converter is from CK2 to EU4, although fan-made converts also exist.

So you can play from Imperator to Stellaris with the same playthrough, as it is. People have done this.

Actually, no. HoI ends in 1948 and Stellaris begins in 2200. That's a 252 year gap.

Meanwhile, Imperator ends in 27BC. The earliest start date CK2 had is 769, and that's thanks to DLC since otherwise it's 1066. That's almost 800 years. Even CK3, of which converters from Imperator to CK3 have begun, has 867 as it's earliest start date, though who knows what DLC will add.

I knew about the unofficial converters, though I thought HoI could end in the 50's or something, while guessing Imperator ended close the the Roman Empire's end. I see.

CKII starting in 769's been around since Charlemagne, so for many that might as well be the earliest launch.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

after my bizarre and unwanted but kept "clothes on, lights on, no eye contact, missionary position" habits developed with Fates, retroactively assigned to Awakening, and later applied to SoV and 3H.

I shouldn't laugh at this phrasing. I am. I'm horrible.

Maybe give it some distance for now, I'd suggest getting into something outside gaming actually, even something else like reading.

(Speaking of Fates, maybe I should try a No Corrin run again, but how to do it without modding is what gets me. It's that or learn to mod my older 3DS so that I can use firmware, I'm not taking bets on Citra working as well as PCSX2 somehow does on this laptop.)

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I do want to hope that after the disappointment of XII that IX will be a great FF for me and make me believe a little in the franchise again. That sounds odd given it's one old game, but the warm appreciation I once had for the franchise some years ago has chilled. I want to reignite it.

If Vivi can't warm it I'm not sure what will.

(I didn't get into XII myself all those years ago on the PS2, I don't blame you. Funny enough, I actually think I was on an enemy airship in it and XIII when I stopped both games, which is pretty eerie when I think about it.)

@twilitfalchionThat's a great track there.

Edited by Dayni

I think I've seen people comment they may release DLC for Imperator that extends into the actual time of the Roman Empire. Hard to be an Imperator if it's just the time of the Republic, heh.

Still, the farthest I would see them doing is until 476AD, leaving a gap that'd still be larger than the one between HoI4 and Stellaris. Unless they go farther back with CK3. Like, covering the time of the rise of Islam or something like that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

31 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I shouldn't laugh at this phrasing. I am. I'm horrible.

Maybe give it some distance for now, I'd suggest getting into something outside gaming actually, even something else like reading.

Funnies intended. But thats also how it feels, playing FE shorn of all but the gameplay, which again, I do enjoy, though I never gave 3H's schooling a chance. 

Oh, and don't worry, this only applies to my beloved FE. It might've, I don't understand why, spilled over into Breath of the Wild as well for some inexplicable reason, but BotW2 could correct that, or some not-connected-to-BotW Zelda game they choose to produce (I'll take Zelda XXI: Link's Next Adventures!). And it might've affected VC4 as well. Nowadays, if a scene is going ugh to me, I might be inclined to mash skip through too, like the hot springs scenes in Bravely Second and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (yes, it left me a little lost what I was doing afterwards). Despite this, I am capable of getting better, my initial cold decision to turn off the portraits in SoS: FoMT because I didn't like the new artwork, eventually subsided when I felt no portraits was strange and wrong, and I haven't turned them back off since, I've adapted.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

26 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(Speaking of Fates, maybe I should try a No Corrin run again, but how to do it without modding is what gets me. It's that or learn to mod my older 3DS so that I can use firmware, I'm not taking bets on Citra working as well as PCSX2 somehow does on this laptop.)

Have them sit in the corner all map?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Have them sit in the corner all map?

I can't say I'd trust that'd work, certainly would not be a weight off my mind and because of how pair up works it wouldn't be fair to do that.

Modding the game to remove fixed deployment should be possible, I do have the game digitally as well, though I would have to probably do something with that before I got to working with it.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

m not taking bets on Citra working as well as PCSX2 somehow does on this laptop

At least for me, Citra runs at about 3x the speed of PCSX2. So it may work for ya!

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

At least for me, Citra runs at about 3x the speed of PCSX2. So it may work for ya!

On that basis I'm probably pretty safe considering I know PCSX2 works surprisingly well with Berwick, but 3D assets can be a different beast. That and those feet must have been hard to work with considering Awakening 😛.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not a bad place to start. Fair warning, though, some battles can take FOREVER if your trying to steal gear (which should be pretty much always in any boss fight) but if you can overlook that, it's pretty great. Xd

♪ ¡Únanse al baile,
De los que sobran!
Nadie nos va a echar de mĂĄs.
Nadie nos quiso ayudar de verdad. ♪

♪ ¡Hey!, conozco los cuentos,
Sobre el futuro.
ÂĄHey!, el tiempo en que los aprendĂ­,
Fue más seguro. ♪

Edited by Acacia Sgt

You know, playing FE1 for the first time (while I'm simultaneously working on that H5 Shadow Dragon run), I can't help but marvel at the differences. Merric certainly benefits a lot from the non-existent magic/resistance, luck alone determining magic avoid (when bosses have 0 luck), and the actual exclusiveness of Excalibur. Also coming in with a blizzard tome sure doesn't hurt either.

Likewise, the different speed calculation benefits sword users and hurts axe users. The fact strength doesn't affect the calculation means weapon weight is more significant than it was in FE11. This is extra beneficial to someone like Draug or Roger, who can use an iron sword in this game to double opponents they usually wouldn't.

Likewise, the single Weapon Level instead of multiple works wonders for characters like Cain and Matthis. Cain's ability to use javelins at base is a vast improvement... and Matthis having Silver Lance access at base helps make up for other statistical deficiencies. Speaking of Matthis, he also benefits from the randomized luck stat on recruitable "enemy" units. Where the likes of Navarre or Minerva risk having a "0" for their base luck, Matthis is unaffected by this simply because in Shadow Dragon he has 0 luck as a base anyway. So the potential of having anywhere up to 7 luck is only to his benefit.

It may feel like an "easy mode" after everything I've been through... but I can't help but enjoy it. Even if the quality of life is... lacking.

2 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

You know, playing FE1 for the first time (while I'm simultaneously working on that H5 Shadow Dragon run), I can't help but marvel at the differences. Merric certainly benefits a lot from the non-existent magic/resistance, luck alone determining magic avoid (when bosses have 0 luck), and the actual exclusiveness of Excalibur. Also coming in with a blizzard tome sure doesn't hurt either.

Likewise, the different speed calculation benefits sword users and hurts axe users. The fact strength doesn't affect the calculation means weapon weight is more significant than it was in FE11. This is extra beneficial to someone like Draug or Roger, who can use an iron sword in this game to double opponents they usually wouldn't.

Likewise, the single Weapon Level instead of multiple works wonders for characters like Cain and Matthis. Cain's ability to use javelins at base is a vast improvement... and Matthis having Silver Lance access at base helps make up for other statistical deficiencies. Speaking of Matthis, he also benefits from the randomized luck stat on recruitable "enemy" units. Where the likes of Navarre or Minerva risk having a "0" for their base luck, Matthis is unaffected by this simply because in Shadow Dragon he has 0 luck as a base anyway. So the potential of having anywhere up to 7 luck is only to his benefit.

It may feel like an "easy mode" after everything I've been through... but I can't help but enjoy it. Even if the quality of life is... lacking.

I found the game to be pretty easy so far as well. I'm arena abusing on chapter 8 so I can massacre the rest of the game. 

Just now, Wraith said:

I found the game to be pretty easy so far as well. I'm arena abusing on chapter 8 so I can massacre the rest of the game. 

I'm still on chapter 7. But the biggest "surprise" so far was realizing that thieves now destroy the contents of chests rather than taking them. Which means I have to use a different strategy than usual if I want to get everything on a chapter.

3 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I'm still on chapter 7. But the biggest "surprise" so far was realizing that thieves now destroy the contents of chests rather than taking them. Which means I have to use a different strategy than usual if I want to get everything on a chapter.

Yeah that was a pain in the ass. I used Lena's warp staff to send Hardin and Draug to deal with the thieves. 

Edited by Wraith

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Yeah that was a pain in the ass. I used Lena's warp stave to send Harden and Draug to deal with the thieves. 

I bothered on warping Draug to one chest (the one with the seraph robe). I said to myself "the chest in the top right corner isn't that important". So I focused on getting everyone else through to cut off the other two.

I can most certainly see why the Repair Staff went from 12 uses in the original game to only 5 uses in FE3. Because of how difficult it is to get stuff where you want it to be, they realized that players shouldn't be expected to use the staff optimally.