Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

fail to see how it is, but okay. They're not the same, but they're both low-bottom tier. At least Derrick has a story excuse for being as bad as he is.

He's an armor knight. He can actually tank. Wendy is an armor knight. She cannot tank and gets ORKO'd. Derrick is bad, but he actually can do what armor knights are meant to do.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Useless units must die! KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!

610493765152407563.png?v=1

So 75% of TH's cast?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

So...just one step above completely useless.

I should've killed him the second time I played that chapter...

Smh...

Eh, he is 8 free inventory slots if nothing else. Or 6 before his recruitment.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

3H's units aren't useless. They all have potential if you train them.

Counterpoint: Derrick can use the Konigswolf, therefore he is good.

Derrick has story reasons for being bad? What?

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

So 75% of TH's cast?

You’re the guy that is saddened by the lack of bad units in modern fe.

Although Three Houses actually has some pretty bad units this time around, there aren’t many.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I'll tell you if you don't intend to play Berwick; if you do, it's something that you won't want spoiled.

You’re the guy that is saddened by the lack of bad units in modern fe.

I never said that it was a bad thing!

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Can't even say who I'd want besides a non-crappy Fire Emblem character.

Let's get Derrick in Smash. Derrick doesn't use swords, he'd be the first FE heavy-weight, and he's a top tier husbando, which is sure to sell copies of the DLC. Make it happen, Sakurai. You know you want to.

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

Plot twist for the samsh character reveal: It's Derrick.

Hey, how did you know?

41 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, you mean Berwick Kellam?

35 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Perhaps Berwick Wendy would be a better comparison.

Don't insult Derrick, please. He's a god-tier joke unit and an unironically cool character when you know all there is to know about him.

33 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

If I could pick one, it would be Hilda. An axe fighter would be nice and she has also a really fun personality.

For a moment there I thought someone had hijacked your account.

Of course there is no chance in hell anyone of the Emblem Saga games would make it in. It's funny to think that in the wide world of video games, they have even lower odds then even the most obscure characters.

...But of course, you were talking about Best Hilda, not the other dipshit. I agree entirely, Hilda should be in Smash.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

3H's units aren't useless. They all have potential if you train them.

Oh yeah, unit balance isn't a problem with 3H. They do feel a bit too samey, save for a few OP ones and a few awful ones, but the fact that mostly everyone can be used is nice.

A shame they're wasted on bad map design, awful difficulty balance and 70% of the overall playtime being monastery.

Just now, Sooks said:

Yes. And like Benice said, it's something that you do not want to have spoiled, it's that great.

In any case, it's one of the beautiful things about Berwick Saga. There's only, like, two bad units, and both are justified.

Just now, BrightBow said:

In any case, nothing stops Derrick.

Except for cliffs. And swamps. And shoals. And sand. And anything with a Hammer.

Trifles, all of them. His power exceeds all boundaries.

Just now, Benice said:

I never said that it was a bad thing!

I’m saying that 75% of 3H’s cast isn’t useless. I would say like 5%, assuming you meant bad and not literally have nothing uniquely good going for them.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For a moment there I thought someone had hijacked your account.

It's fun to bring up Hilda and to not immediately clarify that I mean the good one.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m saying that 75% of 3H’s cast isn’t useless. I would say like 5%, assuming you meant bad and not literally have nothing uniquely good going for them.

Eh, my bigger problem is that, at least to me, a man who is bad at FE and doesn't really "get" Three Hoses, is that a lot feel the same, I think mostly because of the way classes and skills work. Aside from a few stand-outs, I feel like most of my units were more or less the same. Like, I feel like rallies aside, the only thing fundamentally different between Annette and Raphael is that Annette has a good spell list.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, how did you know?

Because best unit conspicuously isn't in smash yet, and the Berwick Saga remake is coming out in april 2021, so they're gonna advetrtize now with the very best it has to offer!

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's fun to bring up Hilda and to not immediately clarify that I mean the good one.

Kaga probably feels the same way, considering the huge similarities between the two of them... Until Vestaria Hilda opens her mouth.

I won't lie, Hilda x Siegfried is the hardest I've shipped anything in a long time, and then Kaga went and gave me the middle finger. Goddamnit...

I actually genuine like to deploy Derrick alongside Daoud and Marcel to take care of the enemies to the South East in "The Veterans".

Although on my latest run, going with only two Daoud and Marcel but with some more effective offensive support went smoother. So I guess it's not such a good approach.

Just now, BrightBow said:

I actually genuine like to deploy Derrick alongside Daoud and Marcel to take care of the enemies to the South East in "The Veterans".

Although on my latest run, going with only two Daoud and Marcel but with some more effective offensive support went smoother. So I guess it's not such a good approach.

I mean, that makes sense, but using Derrick in any way is always more fun.

Just now, Benice said:

Eh, my bigger problem is that, at least to me, a man who is bad at FE and doesn't really "get" Three Hoses, is that a lot feel the same, I think mostly because of the way classes and skills work. Aside from a few stand-outs, I feel like most of my units were more or less the same. Like, I feel like rallies aside, the only thing fundamentally different between Annette and Raphael is that Annette has a good spell list.

Two things:

Numero uno (my Spanish teacher would be proud), I actually agree that units at base kind of feel the same.

But numero dos, I feel like that’s part of what’s great about building them up into whatever class you want, since you can give everyone a different role, even if their stats don’t necessarily fit it, and then they start to all really feel like their own units.

Fundamental differences between Raphael and Annette would be that one of them has HP and the other doesn’t, one of them has magic and the other doesn’t one of them has defense and the other doesn’t, one of them has res and the other doesn’t, and one of them has strength and the other doesn’t. Plus yeah, spell lists. Annette also has an authority boon whereas Raphael does not. So... yeah.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I won't lie, Hilda x Siegfried is the hardest I've shipped anything in a long time, and then Kaga went and gave me the middle finger. Goddamnit...

What?

What?

What?

What?

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kaga probably feels the same way, considering the huge similarities between the two of them... Until Vestaria Hilda opens her mouth.

Of course the first Vestaria Saga was released in 2016. So Hilda couldn't have been based on any potential crappy pink haired axe fighters from Three Houses, since that game was released 3 years later.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But numero dos, I feel like that’s part of what’s great about building them up into whatever class you want, since you can give everyone a different role, even if their stats don’t necessarily fit it, and then they start to all really feel like their own units

Yeah, that is just personal taste. I personally highly dislike this.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fundamental differences between Raphael and Annette would be that one of them has HP and the other doesn’t, one of them has magic and the other doesn’t one of them has defense and the other doesn’t, one of them has res and the other doesn’t, and one of them has strength and the other doesn’t. Plus yeah, spell lists. Annette also has an authority boon whereas Raphael does not. So... yeah.

Thing is, I bet I could turn Annette into Raphael pretty easily. I feel like the differences between units is slight enough that they rarely feel distinct from each other aside from in a few minor ways. Again,. I simply feel that the class system gets rid of any unique things a unit can do if everyone is either going to be a Wyvern Lord or Mounted Spellcaster/Gremory in a few cases.

I wonder if I should post that I unironically like fe16 Hilda in the unpopular fe opinion thread...

Nah, I think that she's quite popular. Just not here in the elitist corner. Because we're salty elitists like dat.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Yeah, that is just personal taste. I personally highly dislike this.

F

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Thing is, I bet I could turn Annette into Raphael pretty easily. I feel like the differences between units is slight enough that they rarely feel distinct from each other aside from in a few minor ways. Again,. I simply feel that the class system gets rid of any unique things a unit can do if everyone is either going to be a Wyvern Lord or Mounted Spellcaster/Gremory in a few cases.

Oh yeah for sure, this is part of why I don’t actually like the system all that much. I mean I like part of it, but I think I was unclear.

I like not turning everyone into the same class to give them different functions. It’s a shame the game gives yo absolutely no incentives not to, though. It’s a choice I make knowing it’s not tHe BeSt.