Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If they aren't Toppling when they should, then it's likely that the Art used for that hasn't recharged.

Then maybe they shouldn't topple until i break xD

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's usually because they can't, not because they won't. If they aren't Toppling when they should, then it's likely that the Art used for that hasn't recharged. As you level up Arts and decrease their cooldown times, you'll be waiting less for things to happen. Most characters have Topple Arts anyway, so if one character doesn't Topple, chances are another will.

Basically, so long as the neccesary Arts are charged, if you Break an enemy, then party members will follow with a Topple. And then another would follow up with a Daze (but Daze Arts don't come in until later so don't worry about that for now).

Dont forget they won't topple if an enemy has a deadly spike while toppled, either!

Edit: oops, quoted the wrong person! Major fail! Oh well, to late to change it right now.

Edited by lightcosmo

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except AI Shulk is kinda bad, and AI Melia at least in the original was downright unintelligent.

Ok actually though, what is it about Melia's AI that makes her bad? Shulk's, i get, it's easy for his AI to just waste a Monado Art. But i can't say i've had actually had trouble with Melia's AI.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Then maybe they shouldn't topple until i break xD

Haha fair enough. Well, they will wait early on but if you don't Break right away, then they'll just use their Topple Arts even if they can't Topple. To be fair as well, going for the Break right away is a perfectly valid strategy in any Xenoblade game. Break is the easiest thing to apply, so that's why. 

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dont forget they won't topple if an enemy has a deadly spike while toppled, either!

They know not to Topple enemies with Topple-activated Spike but they'll try to Topple the few enemies that are immune to it.

Ah well, damage is damage.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok actually though, what is it about Melia's AI that makes her bad? Shulk's, i get, it's easy for his AI to just waste a Monado Art. But i can't say i've had actually had trouble with Melia's AI.

I admit I haven't played XC1 in forever, but I remember people online hung her AI like Chuchu. The issue, so it was claimed, was that she'd cast her elementals and then sit there and do nothing, not discharging elementals any (unless you used the concentrate attacks command).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I admit I haven't played XC1 in forever, but I remember people online hung her AI like Chuchu. The issue, so it was claimed, was that she'd cast her elementals and then sit there and do nothing, not discharging elementals any (unless you used the concentrate attacks command).

....is that why i never actually had issues with Melia's AI. Because i would always issue the "concentrate attacks" command since it's more effective than telling the AI to pick their own targets (this is also why i didn't really have an issue with "concentrate attacks" being the only command in Xenoblade 2) and the only time i'd tell the AI to regroup was when i wanted to apply a buff (usually Monado Enchant or Armor) before a fight.

@Shrimperor word of warning, it seems the most recent patch may have brought in a potentially game breaking bug. I don't actually know what causes this.

Man, the fe subreddit has been extra bad lately. Maybe i should just leave it for a while...

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

word of warning, it seems the most recent patch may have brought in a potentially game breaking bug. I don't actually know what causes this.

O.o

Did the arts just get deleted...

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Did the arts just get deleted...

Yep. All of Reyn's Arts minus his Talent Art were sent to the shadow realm. As i've said, i have no idea what causes this and this was most likely introduced in the most recent patch.

Since the clip was from New Game+ (only three characters but Arts are mostly maxed out), maybe it has something to do with that but don't take this as truth. I really don't know what causes this. Even the person who posted the clip doesn't seem to know.

I'd say, despite my earlier comments about AC5's M06, it does have good music.

Well, Ace Combat soundtracks hit high most of the time, but still, this one's quite fitting. Has that sense of urgency, specially when you're flying all around the map chasing down the missiles.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh RIP. I imagine you can get them pretty cheap now though.

Ehhh, 275~$ Is almost a Switch here in Canada. (299$) Not to mention getting the games... 60$ Just for SoV is pretty steep.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ehhh, 275~$ Is almost a Switch here in Canada. (299$) Not to mention getting the games... 60$ Just for SoV is pretty steep.

Ah, i should've clarified, used copies can go for pretty cheap.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah, i should've clarified, used copies can go for pretty cheap.

Oh wow, 135 including shipping's really not all that bad! Maybe I will invest in getting a 3ds and its FE games... Thanks for helping!

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think the AI wants to keep the buffs on the elementals going, and that's why they don't fire them off right away. That'd be my guess anyways.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, that's really something. How did they manage to create that issue?

🤷‍♂️

All i know is that it came in in the latest patch.

One thing I forgot to mention in my impressions of Fate Extella Link is that for once, your allies are actually useful. They can do stuff themselves and are really helpful to have around when fighting enemy commanders (as they'll attack with you).
This is probably one of my absolute favorite aspects of the game, because so many other Musou games have your allies be complete dead weight, which basically means that you, as the player, have to do everything yourself.
I also really like how the game doesn't throw a thousand different mandatory objectives at you, but still manages to create a fairly challenging game that keeps you on your toes.

Both of these were what I like to call "Musou Traps" the first Fate Extella fell into.
Good on ya, Marvelous! Keep this up and you will have outdone Omega Force at their own game.

Edited by DragonFlames

Trying out the Trails series with Trails in the Sky for PSP (would do PC but Mac user and I don't feel like starting up Boot Camp). I've been wanting to find a good RPG to get into and I've heard nothing but positives about the Trails series (Chrono didn't do it for me *shrugs*). Also hope to get some writing done today. I'm thinking Byleth x Lysithea next.

@DragonFlames btw, I saw on YouTube that using either Wine/Lutris or Steam Proton can let you play the Trails in the Sky games on Linux. I don't know how it would actually work, but it's just something I saw that might be of some help to you.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Also hope to get some writing done today. I'm thinking Byleth x Lysithea next.

I'm listening!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

@DragonFlames btw, I saw on YouTube that using either Wine/Lutris or Steam Proton can let you play the Trails in the Sky games on Linux. I don't know how it would actually work, but it's just something I saw that might be of some help to you.

I tried wine before, but... results weren't exactly, well, good (still the same issues with black screen etc.). Linux is a fickle beast sometimes.
I'll just have to wait for a rerelease of the games. Thanks for looking out for me, though!