Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I just watched the cursed Camilla cutscene. Send help.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, but it's still kinda difficult to separate him from "you're a disgrace" after reading the chapter's script. Didn't think he had it in him.

Oh I thought you were referring to where it might go. Hint: nowhere.

Then again, he is a Nohrian royal. Being an asshole and/or insane runs in the family.

So Elise is adopted too? And Xander?

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh I thought you were referring to where it might go. Hint: nowhere.

I mean, Leo does reconsider his complete lack of empathy at the end of the paralogue and spends their supports trying to improve. The game doesn't validate him, which is great.

So Elise is adopted too?

Elise is clearly both an asshole and insane because I don't like her. You cannot refute my rock-solid arguments.

And Xander?

Xander's just boring.

Xander is most certainly the kinda guy who would go for the "just following orders" defense if he would ever face consequences for his actions. He's not exactly a man of strong convictions. It's always just "do whatever is most convenient for me".

Edited by BrightBow

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

788888375423401985.png?v=1

W-why?

The Fates experience. 😂

26 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Gonna have to narrow that down.

I’m playing Birthright.

Anyway, shoutouts to Kagero for getting a 1% crit.

Okay Hana is insane. What the hell do I do against this... behemoth?!

...Oh, as it turns out, I shoot her in the face with Shura and that's it for half her health bar. Guess this is what you call a glass cannon. To add insult to injury, Roland was the best candidate to finish her. Downed by the generic. That must feel bad.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Can I just say that I love that your average Berwick enemy does not have a critical hit chance? Critical hit chances come from weapons and skills usually.

Plus, taking a critical hit just means taking 10-20 points of bonus damage. Painful to be sure. But it's not enough to one-shot a unit with halfway decent bulk.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Can I just say that I love that your average Berwick enemy does not have a critical hit chance? Critical hit chances come from weapons and skills usually.

Yes. Yes. All of the yes. Facing single-digit crit chance is always nerve-racking.

Plus, taking a critical hit just means taking 10-20 points of bonus damage. Painful to be sure. But it's not enough to one-shot a unit with halfway decent bulk.

Alvina begs to differ.

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just watched the cursed Camilla cutscene. Send help.

Birthright or Conquest?

It's probably the most blatant scene. If the one controversial element about Camilla were that scene, I suspect we'd still have people bashing the character that would be for it.

It's amazing nobody asked "Are we being too blatant?" enough to get it stopped.

The conversations that lead to some of these decisions are probably disappointing, but they would certainly be illuminating.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Alvina begs to differ.

I feel like the crit chance existing is one thing, now having to rely on the crit roll being above or below a certain amount? Berwick being what it is, I certainly think not having crit from hit is acceptable (not to mention because of the weapon skill it'd be difficult to see implemented).

That was a shit death, we all saw it.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

That was a shit death, we all saw it.

Top 3 shittiest deaths. I'll remember it fondly always. Ahem, "fondly."

You know, I have to wonder what the Hoshidans think about General Haikata returning on the side of Nohr and wiping out soldier after soldier while being supported by the girl that he kidnapped and threatened to murder... because he suspected she was with Nohr. The irony here is wonderful.

What I'm trying to say is, Subaki went down, and he went down to a captured unit too.

Well, the Angon is a weapon that enemies normally don't get to use. I think the one you can craft is the only one that exists in the game. Enemies usually use Javelins, which hurt more but can't crit.

So while there was some bad luck involved, this whole scenario could have been avoided by just not parking Larentia in Berserk range.

Edited by BrightBow

That was the Sakura surprise!?

...Pffft... Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! Seriously!? She just closed what few paths I'd opened! That didn't help her at all, what the fuck! She's not gonna live that one down.

Literally. I am going to murder her.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Well, the Angon is a weapon that enemies normally don't get to use. I think the one you can craft is the only one that exists in the game. Enemies usually use Javelins, which hurt more but can't crit.

Thank God for that.

22 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

taking a critical hit just means taking 10-20 points of bonus damage

''just'' 10-20 in a game with low stats is hella painful. And it being random 10-20 instead of fixed is just blegh.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Pffft... Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! Seriously!? She just closed what few paths I'd opened! That didn't help her at all, what the fuck! She's not gonna live that one down.

Dunno if that happens in hard as well or not, but on Lunatic she gets alot of reinforcements after she dragon veins.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That was the Sakura surprise!?

Literally. I am going to murder her.

I suppose that depends if Corrin remembers today that he can somehow stab enemies without killing them.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Dunno if that happens in hard as well or not, but on Lunatic she gets alot of reinforcements after she dragon veins.

Oh, that she has... Perhaps this'll be a probl--

Oh! My apologies. The sound of Roland cutting Yukimura's ribcage open and getting a skill level for it startled me.

...So yeah. I can get outta here now. I'd like to kill her first, but it's not necessary.

I suppose that depends if Corrin remembers today that he can somehow stab enemies without killing them.

I don't think so. Pretty sure Subaki, Hana and Yukimura have all perished.

What a grand shame that is, too. I like Yukimura and his glasses. Wish I could recruit them.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..So yeah. I can get outta here now.

Nice!
Honestly that map is for me different every run.

Sometimes it's as you say, some other times i panic because i am not near enough to seize or can't kill Yukimura so i gotta improvise and hold down the forts while Sakura Dragon vein's

Edited by Shrimperor

Birthright on hard is good. It’s not Conquest but it still uses Fates incredibly solid mechanics to its advantage.

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The conversations that lead to some of these decisions are probably disappointing, but they would certainly be illuminating.

I suspect they would be rather amusing.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It happens on hard.

...when the map is basically over.

Miracle. You piece of shit, miracle. How dare you steal Roland's kill.

...Ignatius can have it instead, then. Honestly, better this way. He needs the levels more than Roland. Roland best Jeigan!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''just'' 10-20 in a game with low stats is hella painful. And it being random 10-20 instead of fixed is just blegh.

HP is really high. Everyone in your starting squad has HP between 25 to 38. And while Ward is level 22, Elbert is lv 3 and already has 32 HP.

Krishna is definitely a problem, though. Even with the benefit of hindsight, there seem to be preciously few things you can do to reliably take him down before he can utilize his proc skills. He is just so damn dodgy, even Daoud with 6 Battle Cries stacked up won't have 100% hit against him unless he also has a Battle Saw or a food bonus.

Edited by BrightBow