MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

HN9InEF.png

everytime i want to replay RD i remember this and i just stop

just horrible maps, some of the worst in the series

MassiveJadedGoldfinch-max-1mb.gif

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Should've killed him tbh

I considered it but his Silence Staff was necessary to save Heather from being Meteor'd.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And here I am.

Actually liking RD Part 4.

A lonely existence.

760054918115098645.png?v=1

I like it for the most part.

Endgame bad tho.

• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

There are plenty of threats that stay dangerous no matter how strong your cast gets.

The only threats in Thracia post manster arc are Saias, some of the staves and the surprises Kaga kept hidden. Otherwise FE5 is not that hard of a game, at all, and it's infamous difficulty is only thanks to community meme'ing it up.

I love FE5, but it's an easy game. The most abusable game in the series.

I had a harder time with alot of other FE, including 3H.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Of course that kind of design was way better executed in Berwick Saga.

Now that i agree with.

Edited by Shrimperor

I'm just gonna be the one and say that Oliver's mansion is one of the few Radiant Dawn maps I actually like.

Those massive waves and reinforcements force you to think quickly on your feet, as you are caught between the forces you are charging and the newcomers.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You do know that FE10 is a pretty divisive game, right?

I'm not seen every FE fan, but I have yet to see anyone dislike it.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And FE4 is one of the most beloved games in the fandom, so...

By a very small amount of people, at least in NA.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

MassiveJadedGoldfinch-max-1mb.gif

493648406456303628.png?v=1

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Those massive waves and reinforcements force you to think quickly on your feet, as you are caught between the forces you are charging and the newcomers.

If it was seize/kill boss it would've worked. Sadly it's rout

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

The only threats in Thracia post manster arc are Saias, some of the staves and the surprises Kaga kept hidden. Otherwise FE5 is not that hard of a game, at all, and it's infamous difficulty is only thanks to community meme'ing it up.

I love FE5, but it's an easy game. The most abusable game in the series.

I wasn't saying that Thracia is a difficult game.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I'm not seen every FE fan, but I have yet to see anyone dislike it.

It's one of the more controversial entries in the fandom, to say the least.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

By a very small amount of people, at least in NA.

Not really. It's popular across most of the FE fandom. More in Japan, of course, but overall still very well-liked.

Also, big Numbers/Stat inflation doesn't automatically make a game bad. Conquest is till the best gameplay in the series despite ''big numbers'' because the enemies have ''big numbers'' as well and dangerous skills.

Numbers alone don't mean anything. Even a game with small numbers can be powergame'd (see Thracia). Other factors and map design are much more important.

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's one of the more controversial entries in the fandom, to say the least.

How so? It didn't change anything. To me, FE6 and FE13 would be the most controversial due to how much they changed from the prior FE formula. And FE4 I guess, but not many people have played it.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, big Numbers/Stat inflation doesn't automatically make a game bad. Conquest is till the best gameplay in the series despite ''big numbers'' because the enemies have ''big numbers'' as well and dangerous skills.

Yeh. I'm trying to find a compromise between high-ish growths and not stat-spam in my SRPG studio project. I initially had growths around 20-40 for non-def stats and about 6 for defensive stats, but it's grown over time to most offensive growths being about 35-45, but going as high as 60. But I'm planning on making exp gain rather slow to compensate... I'm not too certain that my project will be any good, but I'll try, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, but 3H is practically universally loved for gameplay...

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

How so? It didn't change anything. To me, FE6 and FE13 would be the most controversial due to how much they changed from the prior FE formula.

Changing back and forth between armies is the most common criticism.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Changing back and forth between armies is the most common criticism.

True, I suppose SF is a mere fraction of the more Hard-core NA fans.

Nearly everyone here adores Tellius, though.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeh. I'm trying to find a compromise between high-ish growths and not stat-spam in my SRPG studio project. I initially had growths around 20-40 for non-def stats and about 6 for defensive stats, but it's grown over time to most offensive growths being about 35-45, but going as high as 60. But I'm planning on making exp gain rather slow to compensate... I'm not too certain that my project will be any good, but I'll try, I guess

For me Offensive growth should be really really high while defensive ones low, except for armor knights.

Alternatively you make weapons very strong and make only some units equip shields, however make shields be perma equipped instead of having an activation rate.

Wait, but 3H is practically universally loved for gameplay...

only in this thread xD

Outside it's mainly loved for Story & characters. Gameplay is quite controversial.

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

For me Offensive growth should be really really high while defensive ones low, except for armor knights.

That's indeed the plan; although the highest def/res growth in the game will be roughly 30/35, most will be about 6-12. Or near 0 for res. I also intend to give tons of people prfs and exclusive classes/promotions. I also may put in movement and build growths as well...

And I'm doing equipment like Berwick did, where level dictates what you use so that someone who joins at a high level can be good more due to equipment than stats.

IT'S NOT A BERWICK SAGA RIPOFF THO I PROMISE

and make only some units equip shields, however make shields be perma equipped instead of having an activation rate.

That's also what I'm planning to do! There's a nifty shield script for SRPG studio, and I've worked out a compromise to make S/M/L shields a thing, as well as accessories and whatnot, and they'll work the same way as Berwick shields, at least in terms of equipment. They are 100% activated, though.

Outside it's mainly loved for Story & characters. Gameplay is quite controversial.

Edited by Benice

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hoshido is the land of no tanks. xD

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

only in this thread xD

This is what I think as well.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Numbers alone don't mean anything. Even a game with small numbers can be powergame'd (see Thracia). Other factors and map design are much more important.

Well, in FE4 numbers mean everything! Xd

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

IT'S NOT A BERWICK SAGA RIPOFF THO I PROMISE

I mean if there was a Berwick Turn system script i would've used it lol.

For weapons i have the following idea:

• For Lances i decided to follow a SRPG staple outside FE and give them 2range/Pierce Damage, with attacking at 2 range dealing half damage. Depends on lance no counter attacks/pursuit/effects allowed
  • Have been thinking of making Swords being able to counter attack at 2 range if fast enough (8+ AS difference) totally not a counter slice rip off
  • Axes being very strong with different effects (Luna, terrain effects, etc) but dealing recoil damage
  • Some weapons will of course mimic traditional FE weapon system. For example ''Triangle'' weapons will be the weapons with Triangle effects, Reavers and catchers ala conquest, etc.
  • I have some Shield ideas to give Armor units some gimmicks. Example: Mirror Shield. X numbers in battle reflects back magic damage, doubled. Aura shield protects allies, Trick shield reverses doubling formula, etc.
  • Magic and bows i still have to think about, but for Bows i am thinking something like Fates Attack Stance, while Magic i already wrote my ideas before, you can see em in the spoiler if you want
  • Spoiler

ABniVnj.png

Of course implementing all of that is another thing xD

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean if there was a Berwick Turn system script i would've used it lol.

Me too. And potentially the combat system as well.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Of course implementing all of that is another thing xD

Story of my life! I wanted to add the charge damage, (NO IT'S STILL NOT A BERWICK RIPOFF WDYM) and the swords thing, but alas... I think giving shields gimmick stuff would possible, though!

I wanted to add the charge damage, (NO IT'S STILL NOT A BERWICK RIPOFF WDYM)

You mean like Berwick Lances? There's a script for that on the japanese SRPG studio wiki. If you can't find the download link (since they tend to be obsocure), try asking in the SRPG studio discord

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

You mean like Berwick Lances? There's a script for that on the japanese SRPG studio wiki

Thank you very much!

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Thank you very much!

https://w.atwiki.jp/srpg_studio/pages/28.html#id_0da6bb04

should be this one (use google tl).

Although i can't find a direct download link, so you have to search through the script packs (or ask around in the discord xD)

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

should be this one (use google tl).

Thank you! I actually managed to track it down, though.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Although i can't find a direct download link, so you have to search through the script packs (or ask around in the discord xD)

Thanks for the tip.