• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'm gonna beat Hades once and then look up the true end because rougelikes are definitely not for me. 

The game was addicting at first but that eventually turned into frustration after my like, 11th attempt. By the 13th, I just said fuck it and turned on God Mode (increases your defense each game over) because I just want to finish this.

Don't get me wrong, Hades is overall good, but I'd enjoy it way more if I vibed with rougelike philosophy.

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This stair map would be all right if it wasn't for the bastards with wary fighter and sky-high defense that throw 30+ damage rocks at my squishies. As it is, I had to have Nina ferry Kumagera to the upper area so I can pray he gets crits against the stoneborn. He got one, which was enough for me to just barely make it.

Yeah having a good Tome user or two to bust out the Lightning tome makes that map so much more manageable...

I was also forced to leave the arms scroll behind. No way I could've beaten the boss without getting overwhelmed by all his cronies. Meh.

That is unfortunate, as they tend to be the only way to reach S rank (with those in a class able to...)

As for the plot... Here I thought Mikoto's death was underwhelming. Boohoo, the girl who appeared in two scenes before the route choice is dead. Big whoop.

...wow, I can level up her ghost. That's so shitty, hahahahah! Even the game has no respect for the poor girl.

She dies in Birthright as well, and its a common complaint that her death in Conquest was shoe horned in as a way to connect the two games...

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, everyone risks crit from every enemy. Izana and his luck rally can't arrive soon enough.

Don't you have Percy with you? His personal skill adds 15 crit avoid to any ally with 2 spaces of him...

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay Hana is insane. What the hell do I do against this... behemoth?!

...Oh, as it turns out, I shoot her in the face with Shura and that's it for half her health bar. Guess this is what you call a glass cannon. To add insult to injury, Roland was the best candidate to finish her. Downed by the generic. That must feel bad.

Nicely done, a lot of people have problems with Hana in that map...

7 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Can I just say that I love that your average Berwick enemy does not have a critical hit chance? Critical hit chances come from weapons and skills usually.

I will note that this holds true of Genealogy of the Holy war as well...

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

This CGI works much better for 3D Pokemon than the cartoony style they've been using the last few years.

I am excited about the new Pokemon Snap game. I am honestly amazed we didn't get one on the Wii U, as it felt like a perfect fit for some really creative uses of the gamepad, but I will gladly take it on the switch.

13 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I am on a lot of painkillers right now, but I can see a whole bunch of sleepless nights ahead of me already. Yaaaay...

I hope you end up feeling better than you fear.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
wierd typo

Playing CrossCode on PC and it's already the superior version because puzzle switches have timers on them now

ErwLxfhXMAAH5W2?format=jpg&name=large

This will probably come to consoles later down the line but i'm not even at the first dungeon yet and the PC version is already superior.

Also, after playing it again, I can safely say I made peace with Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.
It used to be my least favorite Musou game on the grounds of how overpraised it was as the "peak Musou experience" and "best Warriors game ever made", "literally perfect and flawless", praise it didn't live up to whatsoever in my eyes; and I admit I held a bit of a grudge that people bashed my former favorite Musou game (before Fate Extella Link came along and blew it out of the water with its superior gameplay), Warriors All-Stars, for not being WO3U, which did cloud my judgement (have I mentioned I'm petty yet?).

Though I still regard Warriors All-Stars as my favorite Koei-made Musou game. If only because it has these two:

Spoiler

bRVAx4m.jpgQVHVSXi.jpg

Give me Arnice and/or Christophorus, heck, any character from my favorite game, and I'll be happy.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah having a good Tome user or two to bust out the Lightning tome makes that map so much more manageable...

Worst part is, I actually could've done this, but I saw the 1 might the tome had and decided "yeah this isn't a good investment."

Oh, well. Lesson learned, I guess.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Don't you have Percy with you? His personal skill adds 15 crit avoid to any ally with 2 spaces of him...

Ah yes. I always forget that dodge means crit avoid in this game.

And no, I don't have Percy. Benched him for... uh, for Roland.

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Map design hasn't been truly fantastic since Radiant Dawn.

760054918115098645.png?v=1

Give me a part 3 and 4 that don't make me want to go to sleep, and maybe I'll agree.

And here I am.

Actually liking RD Part 4.

A lonely existence.

To be fair, I do like it better than part 3. Mostly because I could bring some of my dear Dawn Brigade scrubs and have a little bit of fun feeding them kills. Part 3 was just "watch Ike and his overpowered cronies play the game for you."

...The endgame is awful, though. I swear that Lekain's map took a full friggin' hour. And not because it was difficult or complex.

And FE4 is one of the most beloved games in the fandom, so...

Genealogy is like PoR - it's beloved, but only really for the story. People will spend paragraphs upon paragraphs singing the story's praises, but they never say much about the gameplay. Mostly because few really like the gameplay. Most endure it for the sake of the story.

But at least they say more than FE9's fans. Genealogy's got some interesting mechanics. The most I've ever heard people say about PoR is "it's fun" or "I enjoyed it" or "it's easy but good" or even "it's not good but I endured it for the story", which in retrospect, should've clued me in to the fact that I'd absolutely hate it.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Birthright hard is good, and isn’t really an easier fe. It’s marketed as the easier game because you can grind. That’s really it. I think it’s a great Fire Emblem.

Hmmm... Well, perhaps I could give it a shot after Conquest or whenever. There's a few characters in its cast that I'd be interested in, and Fates's mechanics are fun. I'm just afraid that it'll be too easy, is all. That's been the dealbreaker for more than a couple FEs, for me...

Wow, you weren't kidding about this map. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but I'm using save states at this point. Not after every move, I have my pride, but certainly after every group of enemies. I cannot fathom having to redo the entire map just to get another shot at figuring out how to get past Hinata's double-archer fun without sacrificing someone.

...The answer is, I haven't the faintest idea. I misclicked and left one of the spear fighters alive as well. I was forced to plug the gap with Shura, leaving him in range of both the archers and the spearman (who could use attack stance against him, too). I thought "ah, fuck it, let's see who dies" and skipped the enemy phase.

After the fade to black, Shura had 1 HP and nobody had died. I have no idea what happened. The only plausible answer is that he dodged a 90% and a 99%. But surely that can't be...

EDIT: Okay, I just figured it out. You know what happened? Haitaka died, and since he doesn't have a death quote, the game didn't stop the enemy phase skip for him.

And now I saved over his death, so I have to reset the entire chapter.

Well, that's been enough Conquest for one day, I think.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Haven't played anything for the past couple of days, but I've been on somewhat of an anime kick, I guess. Watched through Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (way, way more wholesome than it sounds), and started Kaguya season 2.

Morning everyone. *waves*

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Sleepless night #1: done

Big F.

Sorry to hear that. I hope something happens so you can get to feeling better soon.

Edited by twilitfalchion

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow, you weren't kidding about this map. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but I'm using save states at this point. Not after every move, I have my pride, but certainly after every group of enemies. I cannot fathom having to redo the entire map just to get another shot at figuring out how to get past Hinata's double-archer fun without sacrificing someone.

...The answer is, I haven't the faintest idea. I misclicked and left one of the spear fighters alive as well. I was forced to plug the gap with Shura, leaving him in range of both the archers and the spearman (who could use attack stance against him, too). I thought "ah, fuck it, let's see who dies" and skipped the enemy phase.

After the fade to black, Shura had 1 HP and nobody had died. I have no idea what happened. The only plausible answer is that he dodged a 90% and a 99%. But surely that can't be...

EDIT: Okay, I just figured it out. You know what happened? Haitaka died, and since he doesn't have a death quote, the game didn't stop the enemy phase skip for him.

Yeah that map is fun, but also hard and long. I won't fault you for using save states honestly.

Also this is one of the maps you probably could use 1 entrap on. But only 1 as you will need more later xD

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oof, that is rough. Hopefully it goes better next time (and if you need advice on how to deal with a section of the map just ask...)

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah that map is fun, but also hard and long. I won't fault you for using save states honestly.

Also this is one of the maps you probably could use 1 entrap on. But only 1 as you will need more later xD

I am not sure how useful Entrap would be on hard. Entrap tends to be most useful for Lunatic when the back stairs are blocked by enemies...

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am not sure how useful Entrap would be on hard. Entrap tends to be most useful for Lunatic when the back stairs are blocked by enemies...

While true, i think it could be used against one of Hinata's Squad if one is having trouble with them

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I just don't want to spend a week trying to beat this map because I keep dying at the end. I'd love to be able to say that I beat it legitimately, though. Meh...

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I cannot afford entrap.