Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Phase 2 "The Revisionists"- Came about in the late 1960s and early 1970s, part of the whole counterculture movement on the Left that wanted to defy authority. Threw all the blame on the US & Western Europe as the big evils and claimed the USSR was totally innocent. Not exactly the best revisionist work🤨, but they did have a point.

You say this is Phase 2 but i've seen a few people still actually argue that this is what happened, or at least apply it to other countries. Certain groups on the Left like to say that authoritarianism is bad (which it is) unless it's on the Left, in which case it's "not actually authoritarianism" and anything you'd counter with is either a lie, propaganda, or caused by Western intervention (mainly the US).

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Wrong Xenoblade, but great music either way.

Well, I was met with a pleasant surprise in my inbox this morning. Thanks to my college helping me find job opportunities, I have the chance to work as a paid social media intern part-time for a book launch. For once, it's something I'm actually qualified for. Nothing's confirmed yet, but having something positive happen like that is really encouraging. I can only hope it works out.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

You say this is Phase 2 but i've seen a few people still actually argue that this is what happened, or at least apply it to other countries. Certain groups on the Left like to say that authoritarianism is bad (which it is) unless it's on the Left, in which case it's "not actually authoritarianism" and anything you'd counter with is either a lie, propaganda, or caused by Western intervention (mainly the US).

Well, it isn't like the old schools of thought always go away when the new one arises. You still have Americans who tout the Cold War as American heroism against a villainous USSR as if it were an epic fantasy, Ronald Reagan being a glorious crusader and the various countries in Europe having their own patron saints like Thatcher in the UK, Kohl in Germany, and Pope John Paul II in Poland. That people far to the Left (too far) still regard America as the sole villain is to be expected, there are still some Marxists out there, not a lot in the West, but a few.

A professor once informed me that interest in Marxism in the West declined following the collapse of the Soviet Union- clearly that kind of thinking was totally wrong for a system built around it to suddenly die. But then the 2008-9 Great Recession led to a new bump in popularity for Marxism, because the Great Recession was the result of unregulated capitalism run amok.

41 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, I was met with a pleasant surprise in my inbox this morning. Thanks to my college helping me find job opportunities, I have the chance to work as a paid social media intern part-time for a book launch. For once, it's something I'm actually qualified for. Nothing's confirmed yet, but having something positive happen like that is really encouraging. I can only hope it works out.

Good luck! These chances are sure to be highly competitive. So carpe diem and break a metaphoric leg!

NG+ got added to consoles (of course it happens as I'm doing a playthrough on PC). The NG+ options use the points system where trophies you earn can let you unlock various new things. And I gotta say, NG+ in this game as a lot of modifiers you can turn on essentially making NG+ the ideal way of play for subsequent playthroughs. 

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

ksloTgU.jpg

Tis time!

(After food)

Good good.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's awesome. Good luck!

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

professor once informed me that interest in Marxism in the West declined following the collapse of the Soviet Union- clearly that kind of thinking was totally wrong for a system built around it to suddenly die. But then the 2008-9 Great Recession led to a new bump in popularity for Marxism, because the Great Recession was the result of unregulated capitalism run amok.

And we're seeing another rise in it due to all the economic wounds caused by the pandemic.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Auto attacks also seem much faster now

Yep, because auto-attacks only happen when you aren't moving so it's a cycle instead of occurring at timed intervals like in the previous games. 

Assault Rifles and Dual Guns in Xenoblade X are pretty fast as well but they also have ammo (reloads happen automatically) so how much they actually shoot would depend on the weapon itself.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Doesn’t it take like 50 years to read through?

Exaggeration, though the length is what's kept me from the series.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Can i see collectibles and treasures or will i need them for quests later?

I usually like to keep one of each item just to know which area it came from. So sell if you want but don't sell everything. Although selling collectables won't get you a whole lot iirc.

Salvaged stuff, i just sell them at the trading posts. Unlike selling collectables, trading in salvage will be your main source of money later.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Doesn’t it take like 50 years to read through?

Dude You can get through like 10 volumes in a day depending on your reading speed it’s not that bad. 

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Salvaged stuff, i just sell them at the trading posts. Unlike selling collectables, trading in salvage will be your main source of money later.

Ah so badically i should trade salvaged stuff at centersl exchange?

Thanks^^