Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Smart staff use (Entrap + Freeze) with attack stance is the solution to this room

Yeah Hans has like 70 Atk or something, but also only 1 range. You aren't suppossed to enemy phase him, or anyone in that room.

I did player-phase everyone, using freeze on the one enemy that I couldn't kill. I did exactly what you say... eventually.

The problem is the lack of space. The tight corridors made it impossible to send my entire team at the problem, since most of them were too far behind to reach. So the only recourse I could come up with was to retreat somewhere I'd actually be able to do anything with half my units. Once I had room to maneuver, then yes, I player-phased everyone with some modicum of ease. But that didn't take away from how tedious and frustrating the whole thing was.

Incidentally, I say "some modicum" because attack stance is nice and all, but when I literally can't attack enemies because berserker + general leads to inevitable death, one learns to appreciate defense stance a bit more. Who cares if Hans has no range? He can stand next to his fellow enemies and make them impossible to attack! Even in the sorcerer chamber, there was barely enough room to do anything, and sometimes eating a counter was unavoidable. In that case, attack stance was utterly useless, because the enemy's own attack stance killed everyone.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's where a good brave weapon user helps!

Meh. In the end, I just threw Kaze at him to tank the crit. 40% crit is intimidating, but Iago's kind of a non-issue nonetheless. Certainly not the horrible garbage that was Takumi.

• Replies 176.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem is the lack of space. The tight corridors made it impossible to send my entire team at the problem, since most of them were too far behind to reach. So the only recourse I could come up with was to retreat somewhere I'd actually be able to do anything with half my units. Once I had room to maneuver, then yes, I player-phased everyone with some modicum of ease. But that didn't take away from how tedious and frustrating the whole thing was.

Here's what you need to do to solve the space issue

You Entrap Hans not in the tight corridor before the room, but in the room before Mage room. This will lead to Hans' squad and the reinforcements to rush at you, but they can only attack with two range weapons. after dealing with them, and before you open the door, you Entrap the Berserker in the Middle and take care of him, after you open the door freeze the one or two berserkers that can reach you and deal with the generals in open space. Then the Berserkers will come at you and they die pretty easily.

You tried to stall in the corridor, which is a pain, and as you say, tedious.

Who cares if Hans has no range? He can stand next to his fellow enemies and make them impossible to attack

Then deal with Hans first?

Here's the thing with attack stance: You can use it to kill before you get counter attacked. That's especially effective if you have a good brave weapon user.

Note that strong weapon debuffs don't apply to those in attack stance.

Def stance is good and all, but it reduces the number of actions by quite a bit. It's main purpose is to survive enemy's attack stance and movement.

ecause the enemy's own attack stance killed everyone

Only if you don't kill them first. Alot of the enemies also didn't have 2 range weaponry equipped.

Edited by Shrimperor

There is also the thing that you can pair up and swap pair up partners without finishing that unit's turn. But if you want to separate units, it costs the turn of both units involved. So separating units is quite costly.
Doesn't exactly help that the benefit of attack stance is completely negated by defense stance. It's like a game of Rock Scissor Paper, except Paper is missing, so Rock wins every time.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, if Takumi's Fun Castle wasn't enough to sour my opinion of the game, Iago's Fun Corridors certainly were. Okay, no, I still like this game, but... damn, map quality has certainly taken a dive in the lategame stage. Not unlike Thracia, come to think about it.

Holy shit, what a horrible map that was. Like, seriously. This might not have been a problem if I had room to maneuver, or if there were a few less enemies. But when I'm faced with four generals with Wary Fighter and HP so big that even Nyx can't one-round them with lightning, assisted by berserkers that ensure I cannot stick around or else I risk getting crit to death, and Hans who one-shots most of the army, and I am stuck in a two-tile-wide bottleneck that prevents me from player-phasing everyone, the only solution I've left is to painstakingly retreat back to the sorcerer room and wait for them to come to me. Something that I had to do twice, because of Hans's reinforcements. Now that's fun.

Oof, sorry you aren't enjoying it. I do wonder if you would have a better time with a less captured party, that gave you more of an edge with personal skills, and support bonuses to increase crit avoid, or reach higher bulk/damage thresholds...

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In fact, I don't even have the patience left to bother with the spy shuriken. Straight to Iago it is. The shuriken can rot for all I care, at this point I just want this game to end so I can play Berwick Saga again.

Yeah the spy shuriken is rarely worth the effort of getting it.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem is the lack of space. The tight corridors made it impossible to send my entire team at the problem, since most of them were too far behind to reach. So the only recourse I could come up with was to retreat somewhere I'd actually be able to do anything with half my units

Tight corridors have their advantages too, in that you can more easily wall off your team with a pair of defense stance units if you can't fully wipe out the enemy group (it takes a bit of work to pull that off in practice due to enemy two range options, and with how hard those Berserkers can hit).

Who cares if Hans has no range? He can stand next to his fellow enemies and make them impossible to attack!

Entrapping and killing him before opening the doors is generally best...

Even in the sorcerer chamber, there was barely enough room to do anything, and sometimes eating a counter was unavoidable. In that case, attack stance was utterly useless, because the enemy's own attack stance killed everyone.

All of them commit to countering one range band (usually range 1, but some have the option for range 2 only), you can often use that to avoid counters with the right equipment.

Screenshot_2627.png?width=995&height=300

Yeah.

I think my Backloggd is ready now. I'll be posting the link again if you guys wanna check it out (i'll also be putting it in my sig shortly). I've made some reviews (mainly those i copy-pasted from Twitlonger), made some lists. Yeah, i think it's good now.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/Armagon/

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2627.png?width=995&height=300

Yeah.

I think my Backloggd is ready now. I'll be posting the link again if you guys wanna check it out (i'll also be putting it in my sig shortly). I've made some reviews (mainly those i copy-pasted from Twitlonger), made some lists. Yeah, i think it's good now.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/Armagon/

You liked Crosscode that much huh?

That site needs some work though ngl

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

You Entrap Hans not in the tight corridor before the room, but in the room before Mage room. This will lead to Hans' squad and the reinforcements to rush at you, but they can only attack with two range weapons. after dealing with them, and before you open the door, you Entrap the Berserker in the Middle and take care of him, after you open the door freeze the one or two berserkers that can reach you and deal with the generals in open space. Then the Berserkers will come at you and they die pretty easily.

You tried to stall in the corridor, which is a pain, and as you say, tedious.

That's not a bad idea. It requires two entrap uses, though, something I did not have.

I have to wonder how horrible this game's lategame becomes if you've spent the very limited staff uses. Reminds me of Thracia in that respect, though at least Thracia was generous with their warps. I'll give a write-up after I finish the game, but I think I know where I'm going to place this game in my FE ranking.

Here's the thing with attack stance: You can use it to kill before you get counter attacked.

Yeah, no. That doesn't work on generals, I'm afraid. If max magic Nyx can't one-round with lightning and a magic rally, nobody can.

That's especially effective if you have a good brave weapon user.

No money for brave weapons. That is entirely my mistake, I'll admit.

Alot of the enemies also didn't have 2 range weaponry equipped.

Not all of them, yeah, but some of them, and with the lack of space it was difficult to avoid it sometimes.

Meh. Maybe I'm just bad.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I do wonder if you would have a better time with a less captured party, that gave you more of an edge with personal skills, and support bonuses to increase crit avoid, or reach higher bulk/damage thresholds...

I very much doubt it, considering Haikata is one of my best combat units, and his debuffs (seal speed and defense) turn all enemies into sitting ducks. Kumagera has the highest strength of the team and Ignatius-tier defense, with his low luck as his sole flaw. Roland... Roland's weaker, but he does double reliably, and armored blow and axebreaker are both pretty nice.

My point is, fuck personal skills. Neither of them need them to be better than half my team. Then there's someone like Kaze or Kabbãge, whose personals are utterly useless. Honestly, I'd say some of my named characters are more of a nuisance than the capturees. Arthur's nothing more than a support-bot at this point, Kabbãge is useless, Kaze only damages mages, Niles and Shura are both underwhelming at combat... Bleh.

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

"I am the Angel of Slaughter. And now, it's time to be an angel and slaughter you. DIE."

772046707721502762.gif?v=1

Trails spoilers.

Blast, I can't open these anymore now that I'm playing it...

47 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You liked Crosscode that much huh?

Yeah, the biggest reason being Lea. A silent protagonist should have no right being this well written but the folks over at RadicalFishGames somehow did it.

Like i said in an earlier post though, the game does become better on a second playthrough. I liked it the first time of course, it's just one of those games. 

Also Sergey Hax mode is a genuine comedy.

Can't wait for the epilogue DLC.

47 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That site needs some work though ngl

Yeah it's fairly new (since 2019), i think it's made by the same guys who made Letterboxd (the interface is literally the same and you can even link to your Letterboxd in your profile).

I personally don't like how you can't see someone's ratings unless you hover over the game or set the filter to "sort by ratings". I also wish you could see what other people did with the game outside of reviews. Like, you can't tell if someone marked a game as Abandoned unless they made a review and marked it as such. Edit: this is incorrect, you can actually see what status someone set a game as by going into Apply Filters.

Also some entries are just ?????? Like why the fuck does Future Connected have it's own entry when it's not even a full game?

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Niles and Shura are both underwhelming at combat... Bleh.

Both of them fell off, eh?

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Both of them fell off, eh?

Not really, they're excellent staffbots alongside Izana, and they can still shoot things for decent damage, physical or magical with the shining bow. Definitely useful deploys. They're just not combat powerhouses.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kabbãge, whose personals are utterly useless.

That isn't even close to true. With anyone that has even the lowest level support with her/him (and its especially easy to grow her/his support thanks to My Castle features...) she/he then gives everyone that attack stances with her (or is using her/him in defense stance) deals +2 damage per hit, and takes 2 less damage when attacked, plus an extra 10 hit. Her personal is great (especially the 2 damage reduction), but it doesn't work with generics that can't support with anyone...

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's not a bad idea. It requires two entrap uses, though, something I did not have.

You can reach him with one use from around the stairs in the corner before the Mage and Maid (or Stoneborn and Faceless) room...

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Her personal is great (especially the 2 damage reduction), but it doesn't work with generics that can't support with anyone...

Ah.

Well, I suppose I just didn't notice the difference because she's been a support bot for ages. Stuck on Kaze for most of the game, then stuck on Izana since he joined. It's been a long time since she last had any agency. Mostly because she's awful. So yeah, my bad.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, no. That doesn't work on generals, I'm afraid. If max magic Nyx can't one-round with lightning and a magic rally, nobody can

Magic + Magic or Armor slayer + Magic 100% can

also seems your Nyx was majorily mag screwed, considering i was able to one shot the generals sometimes with some magic units without lightning (but with Attack Stance + support abilities)

Then again Nyx isn't really a good unit. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My point is, fuck personal skills

you are heavily understimating them xD

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Trails spoilers.

Fateful confrontation intensifies

Kloe was the MVP in that battle (andy most of the others), reviving my Party like 5 times xD

higher difficulties though

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

also seems your Nyx was majorily mag screwed,

36 magic is majorly mag screwed? What kind of stat benchmarks does this game have? I thought this wasn't a "stat inflation" kind of FE!

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Then again Nyx isn't really a good unit. 

Better than Odin.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you are heavily understimating them xD

Okay, Kabbãge's personal was my mistake, but c'mon, how is Kaze's personal any good at all? It's luck based. Luck based skills are no good, they're not reliable.