• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What’s Germany like?

Tax ranges from 1% to 45%, with factors such as size of family also facotirng in. (I think) basically, the profusely rich actually have to use their money to benefit everyone.

But the Germans here can probably explain it better than me.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Tax ranges from 1% to 45%, with factors such as size of family also facotirng in. (I think) basically, the profusely rich actually have to use their money to benefit everyone.

But the Germans here can probably explain it better than me.

Ohhhh.

Then the answer to your question is, most likely, greed, selfishness, and/or uneducated-ness. But you didn’t hear that from me. 😉

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, you at least have GOOD universal healthcare.

it works.

Could be better. There are some mackels here and there but i don't want to get to detailed (unless you want to)

As for the tax system

the middle class gets taxed too much, and while the super rich have an easy time evading taxes and need to be taxed higher to begin with. Although there is a need for EU wide laws for that first so that companies don't just register in tax heavens

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

36 magic is majorly mag screwed? What kind of stat benchmarks does this game have? I thought this wasn't a "stat inflation" kind of FE!

That is about right for a lategame Nyx...although if you had gotten all three of the spirit dusts available you might have hit her cap...

Better than Odin.

Odin is good, but he isn't a traditional mage. Odin ends up being the best Nos-tanker in Fates due to his weird stat spread, and the skills available to him.

Okay, Kabbãge's personal was my mistake, but c'mon, how is Kaze's personal any good at all? It's luck based. Luck based skills are no good, they're not reliable.

To be fair to Kaze's personal, in Birthright and Revelation there is an incredibly cheesy lategame build where his daughter can reach >70% proc rate on that skill with her personal...

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My lack of understanding of Fates's support system is probably to blame. I'm still not certain if they only influence stances or if they do anything beyond that.

Supports raise the stat gains from defense stance (https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/pair-up-stats/ https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-classes/pair-up-stats/ ), and the gains to calculated stats when adjacent (meaning Accuracy, Avoid, Crit, and Crit Avoid) ( https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/supports/support-bonus/).

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Could be better.

True, but as far as the current world, I think it's about as good as it gets. Hopefully we (as a species) improve, though.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

class gets taxed too much, and while the super rich have an easy time evading taxes and need to be taxed higher to begin with

Hm. I suppose that there is no perfect system

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also ch8 has a certain infamous quest

rn45ox0wg6w41.png

IMG_20200605_141552.jpg

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Hm. I suppose that there is no perfect system

There is a perfect system, it's called the stone age. No laws, no economy, just you and the boys hanging out in the caves exchanging berries and animal meat for more berries and more animal meat.

Reject modernity, embrace caveman.

-unneeded Talk-

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There is a perfect system, it's called the stone age. No laws, no economy, just you and the boys hanging out in the caves exchanging berries and animal meat for more berries and more animal meat.

Reject modernity, embrace caveman.

nah let's just isekai

Edited by Shrimperor

49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

isn't that like an ice cold take 😛

Like almost everyone who played it here likes it xD

Still too hot. Berwick good should be a universally accepted fact of life.

20 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

To be fair to Kaze's personal, in Birthright and Revelation there is an incredibly cheesy lategame build where his daughter can reach >70% proc rate on that skill with her personal...

Hah! Well, that sounds... very situationally okay. Meh. Good enough, I guess.

Clearly, systems need to works like a Paradox Game... pfhaw! It's the 14th century and I have a medieval European realm enforcing gender equality...

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...What?

This:

Realm laws - Crusader Kings II Wiki

Needs to be toggled in the Game Rules, but if you have the Status of Women laws available, well, you can go ahead and move it to Full. And I have. Thus, you get no opinion penalties for female rules, allow to have women in the Council (though I still can't have female Court Chaplains; would need to be Cathar or so for that), women as military commanders, easier to press women's titular claims, Absolute Cognatic available as a inheritance option, etc.

All pluses, so why not.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This:

Needs to be toggled in the Game Rules, but if you have the Status of Women laws available, well, you can go ahead and move it to Full. And thus you get no opinion penalties for female rules, allow to have women in the Council (though I still can't have female Court Chaplains; would need to be Cathar or so for that), women as military commanders, easier to press women's titular claims, Absolute Cognatic available as a inheritance option, etc.

All pluses, so why not.

Oh, okay.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This:

Needs to be toggled in the Game Rules, but if you have the Status of Women laws available, well, you can go ahead and move it to Full. And I have. Thus, you get no opinion penalties for female rules, allow to have women in the Council (though I still can't have female Court Chaplains; would need to be Cathar or so for that), women as military commanders, easier to press women's titular claims, Absolute Cognatic available as a inheritance option, etc.

All pluses, so why not.

But what do the rest of the options mean?

Oh, I almost forgot to mention it. @Shrimperor a while back you lamented the lack of extended Berwick Saga tracks on Youtube. Well, I too have often thought that, so I've decided to take matters into my own hands. I've been uploading some extended BWS music. So yeah, since you showed some interest... Go give me views. Do it!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, I almost forgot to mention it. @Shrimperor a while back you lamented the lack of extended Berwick Saga tracks on Youtube. Well, I too have often thought that, so I've decided to take matters into my own hands. I've been uploading some extended BWS music. So yeah, since you showed some interest... Go give me views. Do it!

😮

Huge Thanks 😄

Adds to his list of playlists

Edited by Shrimperor

EsKYwSMXcAA-UBa?format=png&name=small

I audibly laughed.

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nah let's just iseka

But then we'd have to deal with that pesky nobility system.

What we should really do is get ourselves stuck on a whole different planet.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I too have often thought that, so I've decided to take matters into my own hands. I've been uploading some extended BWS music.

Rubenio when there wasn't any extended Berwick songs

GrossDentalIlladopsis-size_restricted_1.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But what do the rest of the options mean?

Mostly what they state.

Vassal War Declaration is if your vassals can, well, declare wars. Useful to have if you want to expand but not want to do all the work. But also useful to restrict if you want to save yourself some headaches.

Centralization is mostly bonuses/restriction to your Demesne and Vassal limits. Higher centralization means lower vassal cap but higher personal demesne cap, and vice versa.

Revoke Title also what it says. You can revoke your vassal's titles. However, you still need a valid reason for it (like, say, punishing a rebellious vassal once you crush his/her revolt), otherwise it's considered a tyrannical action, inviting unrest on the realm. Though it's also dynamic. Like, revoking the title from a heretic or heathen doesn't give you penalties from those who aren't, for example.

There's more laws than what that pic shows (I took it from the CK2 wiki), either on other game tabs or dependent on the type of realm you have. Like, as a Catholic realm, my Realm Laws tab also has a Investiture decree. I keep it on Free (successor appointments left to the realm), since it gives opinion boost with vassal bishops. Also to leave open the option for the Pope to ask for Papal Investiture (he appoints successors) when asking him to oversee Coronations. I then switch it back when possible.

Edited by Acacia Sgt