• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you hate capturing so much, then I think the game is as much a lost cause for you as Three Houses is for me.

Honestly, I wouldn't even hate capturing that much if it wasn't so punishing. Halved attack, I get it. You're not trying to kill the enemy. So why are skill, speed, and defense reduced as well? It doesn't make any sense. 

After sleeping on it, I do think this is what IntSys' remake of Thracia would look like if they make one, given their trackrecord of previous remakes.

Money is more accessible in easy/normal mode (this is more of a wish on my part but I can see it happening).

Capturing isn't as hard. Will probably work like in Fates where it's just halved attack and no skills.

Fatigue will prob just be stat penalties like in SoV.

Being able to rearrange units because we all know IntSys would not release a Fire Emblem game in 202X and not let you rearrange units.

Uhhh, removing dismounting, I guess? Not like it really adds anything. If anything, it takes away from certain units because weapon levels.

I'm leaving out super obvious stuff like Support Convos. Although I don't think they'd replace the currently existing skills with combat arts.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which is fine, nobody's forcing anyone to like the entire series or anything.

This is true, I just get petty sometimes when there are games I feel I would like but then the gameplay just happens to be a big turn-off. Especially if it's in a series I like.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Fates doesn't half attack fyi, or any stats for that matter. Just disables support and skill bonuses

Oh?

I guess the Wiki is wrong then because "When prompted, Orochi and Niles will attack the enemy with reduced damage and cannot activate skills". 

Capturing is when you pull out your stronger weapons. Fin for example, still has his amazing Brave Lance. So even with halved speed, he gets to attack twice before his opponent can retaliate. And of course boosts from supports and Charisma are still as strong as usual.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Uhhh, removing dismounting, I guess? Not like it really adds anything. If anything, it takes away from certain units because weapon levels.

That's exactly the point, though - to take away from the most powerful classes. Dismounting, the way Thracia does it, gives infantry units the opportunity to not be utterly outclassed in every way by cavalry and fliers all the time. Effective weapons and bows really don't suffice, as... Every game in the series without dismounting handily proves.

Then there's Three Houses, where dismounting benefits the units and removes their few weaknesses without cost, making infantry even more useless by comparison. How could they fuck class balance up so bad?

Fatigue will prob just be stat penalties like in SoV

Fatigue is already really easy to neutralize with stamina drinks. If it was changed to stat penalties it would become utterly irrelevant.

Money is more accessible in easy/normal mode (this is more of a wish on my part but I can see it happening).

Capturing isn't as hard. Will probably work like in Fates where it's just halved attack and no skills.

Like I said, capturing and limited money are essential not only to setting the game apart among the series, but also to its gameplay-story integration. It's also one aspect of Thracia that almost everyone likes, so I'd say this is more of a you problem. Which is fine - like I said, it's okay to dislike a game as long as that game isn't Berwick Saga.

The rest of what you said, I can get behind. But if a Thracia remake really did end up looking as you said, I'm not sure I would place it above the OG. The mechanics of Thracia are, in my opinion, perfectly fine. It just needs to do way with some of the more "bullshit" moments. There's a reason the fans of the game always claim it enjoy it more on replays - change that, and the game could be truly great.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh?

I guess the Wiki is wrong then because "When prompted, Orochi and Niles will attack the enemy with reduced damage and cannot activate skills". 

Well, Niles has piss poor atk, so removing support and skill bonuses could be seen as halving it lmao, or even more then half in most cases lol.

As for my wish for Thracia remake: just remove the bs surprises, add real difficulty, and maybe reduce rng fuckery a bit

Edited by Shrimperor

I tried the Brigandine: Legend of Runersia demo. Ehhhh, I was considering it thinking it was $30, but it being a full $50 is too much for a game that doesn't have that much story, and seems rather repetitive in theory across its six campaigns.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fatigue is already really easy to neutralize with stamina drinks. If it was changed to stat penalties it would become utterly irrelevant.

There is at best, 11 to go around if you don't have the money to buy more in one of the two chapters that sells them. Money being scarce, you almost certainly won't given how early those two vendors are. And six of these come from Chapter 14x. For an advanced player who knows what comes ahead and how to properly manage fatigue and unit usage, that is a lot of S Drinks. For the rest of us, maybe not so much.

A change to stat penalties would mostly benefit staffbots, who don't really need stats. Which would actually inverse the current problem of fatigue, it disproportionately hinders staffers.

Also, blind players deserve something at least slightly better, because as is, it is possible to miss Homer, Tina, and Amalda if their necessary staffbot is fatigued and you don't have an S Drink to bring them back into things. This also applies to Miranda, Karin, and Mareeta and their recruitables. 

That's exactly the point, though - to take away from the most powerful classes. Dismounting, the way Thracia does it, gives infantry units the opportunity to not be utterly outclassed in every way by cavalry and fliers all the time. Effective weapons and bows really don't suffice, as... Every game in the series without dismounting handily proves.

You do leave out mention of capturing here, which is also relevant regarding Thracian dismounting. Since just like Thracian and later Telliusian rescuing, you cannot drag a horse into your arms as a hostage/for safety alongside its rider.

Of course, there is nothing that prevents it from being that in the process of a successful capture, you knock the person off their mount and then steal everything of value from them. Thereby creating a logic invalidating the mountie protection against capture.

Although if one were to do away with mounted capture immunity, then the mounted capturing benefit of ignoring Con should be dropped as well to make the capture playing field entirely equal.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like I said, capturing and limited money are essential not only to setting the game apart among the series, but also to its gameplay-story integration. It's also one aspect of Thracia that almost everyone likes, so I'd say this is more of a you problem.

The easy mode compromise still works here. You know how Radiant Dawn Hard/Maniac is basically a completely different game? It would be the same thing here but in the opposite direction.

It's a compromise much easier to achieve than one for an FE4 remake, where half the people want it to play like a normal Fire Emblem (me) and the other half want it to play like FE4 but with QoL.

There's a reason the fans of the game always claim it enjoy it more on replays - change that, and the game could be truly great.

That is fine, I can't really be opposed to games that get better the second time considering CrossCode is like that (although CrossCode doesn't become harder if you're going in blind).

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That is fine, I can't really be opposed to games that get better the second time considering CrossCode is like that (although CrossCode doesn't become harder if you're going in blind).

Then how does it become better the second time?

I feel like I didn't give enough credit to Bodkin Arrows. Sure, they are weak as all hell, so they don't really function as the anti-shield weapon they present themselves as. But it does mean the damage they deal is at least reliable. Which is perfect for setting up cripples.
Helps that the Apeiron is available really early. Later in the game you can just count on most enemies successfully blocking. But that early it's quite handy.

Edited by BrightBow

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Then how does it become better the second time?

The first two dungeons in CrossCode feel quite long the first time you play but on any run after that, you know how the puzzles work and can breeze through them pretty quickly.

This is not counting the various NG+ modifiers that you can turn on, making CrossCode like the only game where NG+ is the ideal way to replay. Even Xenoblade 2's good NG+ isn't so good that i want to use it each new run (well that and also Xenoblade 2 has only one save per user because Nintendo).

3 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Not that one. The parody I did was "One Update More" on Saint Rubenio's Tear Ring Saga LP.

Your parodies are wonderful. One of these days I need to do a sweep of my threads and compile them all in a file for easy access.

22 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Helps that the Apeiron is available really early.

Ah yes, that bow that I haven't touched since I discovered the glory that is the Rossweisse.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Your parodies are wonderful. One of these days I need to do a sweep of my threads and compile them all in a file for easy access.

Ah yes, that bow that I haven't touched since I discovered the glory that is the Rossweisse.

The materials shared between the two bows are fortunately available quite early. So making the Apeiron doesn't delay the Rossweisse by all that much. Especially since the Apeiron is available earlier anyway.
And between getting some Old Imperial Shields and catching some escaped prisoners, there is most certainly plenty of potential use for it.
It also makes getting the Tiger Brace quite reliable.

It could also help you saving Julian, but that has of course no actual gameplay benefits.

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

The materials shared between the two bows are fortunately available quite early. So making the Apeiron doesn't delay the Rossweisse by all that much. Especially since the Apeiron is available earlier anyway.
And between getting some Old Imperial Shields and catching some escaped prisoners, there is most certainly plenty of potential use for it.
It also makes getting the Tiger Brace quite reliable.

It could also help you saving Julian, but that has of course no actual gameplay benefits.

I haven't ever been able to make both the Apeiron and the Rossweisse. I guess I just happened to miss the exact materials every time... Or maybe they're just on Paliztchstztctzhtch and I never noticed them. Who knows.

@Armagon and @Shrimperor, if you care that is:

My Xenoblade 2: Torna times against BoC UM's comparison for Team Lora and team Addam now!

Team Lora:

Spoiler

Harbinger Cavill 0:40

Ever dark Erg 1:18

Ionospehric Mitchell 2:45

Overaffectionate Murph 0:24

Handwringing Bigelow 0:43

Ravine Bunnit 1:14

Erratic Goliante 2:38

Gourmand Galgan 1:59

Scowling Quincy 0:21

Nomadic Rusholme 1:51

Lunar Amaruq 0:49

Interceptor Grace 1:40

Flying Fortress Desmor 2:58

Sleepwalker Mork 1:14

Beatific Ophelia 2:58 (3 attempts)

Sequestered Ludd 2:32

Sentinel Carpathia 5:50

Herculean Gibson 8:12 (4 attempts) (1 chain attack, 2.5 million damage dealt.)

Mesmer Tlaloc 4:57

Hurricane Anise (21 attempts)

And team Addam:

Spoiler

Harbinger Cavill 0:38

Everdark Erg 1:02

Ionospheric Mitchell 2:35

Overaffectionate Murph 0:25

Handwringing Bigeow 0:46

Ravine Bunnit 1:16

Erratic Goliante 2:17

Gourmand Galgan 1:33

Scowling Quincy 0:31

Nomadic Rusholme 1:33

Lunar Amaruq 0:49

Interceptor Grace 2:29

Flying Fortress Desmor 3:36 (1 chain attack used)

Sleepwalker Mork 1:11

Beautific Ophelia 2:49 (2 attempts)

Sequestered Ludd 2:32 (5 attempts)

Sentinel Carpatha 6:47 

Herculean Gison 10:35

Mesmer Tlaloc 7:47 (4 attempts)

Hurricane Anise 15:49

Keep in mind I did team Lora first and this was all no optimisation whatsoever, just blind runs.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I will not open those tags until i finish Torna xD

...ya know, i've seen some Mario Maker ''Bingo'' Races recently...

I wonder if we can do something similiar with FE or other games...

They are just UM's, no story spoilers.

I assumed you wouldnt really care to see monster names, since it wouldnt mean much.

Did i clarify that? It wasn't storyline bosses at all, sorry for the confusion! Either way, check it out when you like, i'll be posting another once i finish up Team Hugo, which is gonna be a rough on, probably the worst.

Edited by lightcosmo

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I haven't ever been able to make both the Apeiron and the Rossweisse. I guess I just happened to miss the exact materials every time... Or maybe they're just on Paliztchstztctzhtch and I never noticed them. Who knows.

Huh. The Yew Wood and Ariadne Thread are both pretty easy to get both of, and the Eye of Balor is in Ch3 and Faye's map. The atelier has a sapphire to use for the Rossweisse, too.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

They are just UM's, no story spoilers.

I assumed you wouldnt really care to see monster names, since it wouldnt mean much.

Did i clarify that? It wasn't storyline bosses at all, sorry for the confusion! Either way, check it out when you like, i'll be posting another once i finish up Team Hugo, which is gonna be a rough on, probably the worst.

oh, ok, got it!

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

I saw a BotW one the other day!

Fe bingo be like

''Die to a 1% crit!''

''Survive New Mystery Ambush spawns''

''Finish Snow map in Berwick in less than 10 minutes''