Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Well, I decided to cut short my DQV grinding session. In the end I only made a littler over half the money I planned to get. I figure what I still lack in gear I will compensate in levels. Most of it, at least. Levels won't make spells and breaths do less damage, after all. Continued in spoilers now.

Spoiler

So, before actually heading to Mt. Zugzwang, there's one last location to visit nearby. One more T 'n' T board! Did in two tries. First one ended when I ended up in, well, a Trapdoor tile, sending me out of the board. While rare, at least one board has a layout that allows you to fall through a trapdoor and still land on the board instead. Though it's a very specific situation. Anyway, things went much better on the second run. Didn't even had trouble landing on the Finish tile.

Also, curiously, there's a book to inspect in the building which seems to be hinting at the post game dungeon... and superboss. I'm pretty sure the place can't be accessed anyway so for now it will remain a curiosity. For now.

Alright, that's the last thing to do before tackling the final dungeon. Which will be... next time.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Playing through Xenoblade 1 revived my interest in replaying Xenoblade 2, so with that on the mind I want to talk about Flesh Eaters.

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Regarding Nia, while we don't know her healing capablities before becoming a Flesh Eater, the fact that she can directly counter Malos' power of absolute obliteration shows that her healing recieved a tremendous buff. Actually, if the fact that she gave Malos turbo cancer is anything to go by, she can alter the organic functions of anything now, provided her attacks make contact.

It's not so hard to believe, even without the elementary particles thing, Jin's ice powers recieved a tremendous upgrade after becoming a Flesh Eater.

Regarding Amalthus' lifespan, he actually does appear to have aged. He grew a beard, although it's rather small. The hair between his ears and cheeks is also bigger. Considering that Mikhail has aged as well, Blade Eaters still age but at a much slower rate. Although with Amalthus being Indoline, his already long life was lenghtened.

Also, we may have exactly seen Zeke's Blade Eater powers in display when he fights the gang at Leftheria. Although it could just be him moving at anime speed.

52 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Unacceptable, everyone needs to suffer its gameplay! 😛

No one should have to suffer the pain that is Episode II's gameplay.

1 hour ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Uh, are you okay?

Yeah. It's just residual scarring. It's just... scar tissue does funny things depending on where it's located. The sad thing is, that it hurts more after playing too many rounds of a fighting game than it did when it actually cut. Not half as much as it did for the next month though.

Oh, forgot to add.

Spoiler

The rewards of that T 'n' T board are good. One was just another Mini Medal, but the others were the Sands of Time, which like in IV, they reset any battle. Good for things like fighting metal monsters that flee but there's non-metal enemies so the battle doesn't end. Lastly, the T 'n' T Pass, which means I no longer have to spend tickets to play it. Not that it was a concern since I still loads of them, but still.

Okay, now done with the update.

3 hours ago, Ika Musume said:

Got fired today. Also got mod killed from an anniversary mafia game on my favorite website for inactivity because I've been traveling. Also can't cry because I'm at a large family gathering where nobody understands me. TEE HEE Kill me

Ooooofff....Sorry, man. Hope tomorrow's better.

I WAS RIGHT. It was obvious though 😛

Also, i see the game finally really started!

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

There's only so much EXP you can get from any single enemy so it's not like level penalties are there to prevent EXP cheese.

considering how easy it is to get EXP in this game, yeah...

If It wasn't for expert Mode i would've been Lvl 51 now, instead of 42 lol (Just reached ice area)

also, a certain scene at the beginning of chapter 10

Spoiler

N9G5KzI.png

let the true conflict begin

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

(Just reached ice area)

Enjoy the ice physics. Unironically one of the best parts about the game.

Also, you might wanna make use of that bonus EXP soon. The boss fight at the end of Valak Mountain marks the beginning of a difficulty spike.

Valak was the hardest boss in the game, but I didn't consider everything past him really hard (excluding the one with that wall gimmick).

Anyways where does Xenoblade 1 have bonus experience?

Assuming it's an expert mode including thing since I haven't seen this.

Edited by Falcom Knight

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Tamamo knew she had to eleminata any chance of Hakuno(n) seeing Altera as WaifuTera again xD

Ha! Nice.

8 hours ago, Ika Musume said:

Got fired today. Also got mod killed from an anniversary mafia game on my favorite website for inactivity because I've been traveling. Also can't cry because I'm at a large family gathering where nobody understands me. TEE HEE Kill me

My sincerest condolences.

---

Fate Extella Link is going well. Progress through the Extra Battles is smooth, my main four have reached level 105. Although I had to stop to grind for QP (Quantum Pieces, this game's currency) a few times to make new Install Skills and Mystic Codes, as well as make use of the Money is Power system that allows you to bring other Servants up to the level of your highest-leveled one (that stuff gets expensive if you use it often). Thank goodness Gilgamesh is a great character to grind with, since he has the innate Golden Rule passive, which earns you more QP in battles (and you can stack that with the equippable versions of the skill). This also allowed me to take a look at his Enuma Elish Noble Phantasm... if he used that version in the anime series, it would have been one 30-second episode. "Fuahahahahaha!" indeed.

Speaking of OP special moves, on one stage, I was able to activate Elizabeth's Noble Phantasm five times, which I think is a new personal record. For some reason, her NP gauge fills really, really fast.
I also used Karna's Vasavi Shakti twice in another stage. The game says that his defense drops sharply when using it, but I didn't really notice any significant changes. Maybe I just didn't get hit?

Speaking of the dragon idol, her active skills have gained insane AOE somewhere down the line.
In Extella Link, you learn active skills until level 20-something, after that, they get stronger every few levels. With Elizabeth, they seem to have improved their range as well as their overall damage output, which has turned her from the weakest of my main four into one of if not the strongest. Not bad for what can be considered a joke character.

26 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Anyways where does Xenoblade 1 have bonus experience?

Assuming it's an expert mode including thing since I haven't seen this.

It is indeed the Expert Mode. Expert Mode is basically just a toggle as to whether or not you want Xenoblade 2/Torna's bonus EXP system. The main difference being you can level up at any time whereas 2/Torna required you to go to an inn or campfire site.

Oh, then the title "expert" is confusing. As for my understanding expert mode would have been an increased difficulty, the opposite to "cozy mode".  Then expert mode would have made things easier. This might explain the trouble I had in the first half of the game when I was underleveled despite doing all the unique monsters and experience gain quests.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Objective score (solely based on writing quality and story overall): 8/10

Subjectve score (my personal opinions about it): 6.5/10

You didn't really need to put the "objective score" in this since there's no such thing as objectivity when it comes to critique.

I don't have any stake in the Fate franchise at all, only reason I'm bringing this up is because I feel more people need to learn that critique isn't "this is what happened", it's "this is what happened to me".

Sorry for the short ramble.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Aw, that's no fun!

You're right, it isn't.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I was trying to separate my opinions on the quality of the writing separated from my overall thoughts on the route itself.

That is a common pitfall in critique tbh, so I don't blame you. I know I've done the same in the past.

At the end of the day, critiquing something isn't an attempt to prove.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That is a common pitfall in critique tbh, so I don't blame you. I know I've done the same in the past.

At the end of the day, critiquing something isn't an attempt to prove.

Thanks for the advice, then. I appreciate it.

When I critique something, I tend to do so from my own perspective only, taking my likes and dislikes into account and then basing my opinion on something around that.
So whenever I write up a review, it's me giving my own thoughts.

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Where do I start with my thoughts on the Heaven's Feel route? I probably should preface this with the fact that I got about two hours into watching an LP of the route, saw how long both it and the VN were, and decided to just look up a detailed summary of it. Like I said before, watching UBW didn't really make me a Fate fan, and knowing the plot of Heaven's Feel hasn't either. It's a solid franchise with good stories, but it's not something I really want to spend much time on. Not enough interest in it for me personally.

Ramblings aside, my opinions will be in spoiler tags.

I'm tempted to read the spoilers, because I'm interested in what your thoughts are, but... they're most likely spoilers for me as well, since the third movie isn't out yet...
Anyway, a shame it didn't strike your fancy, but I get it. It's not for everyone.
I promise I'll talk about it less from now on.

No need to talk less about what you enjoy! The biggest reason I even tried the series was to know something that other people enjoyed a bit better. I'm glad I'm not a Fate scrub anymore, if nothing else.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I do spoil everything up to the endings, so...

Then it's a good thing I didn't click the spoiler. XD

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

No need to talk less about what you enjoy! The biggest reason I even tried the series was to know something that other people enjoyed a bit better. I'm glad I'm not a Fate scrub anymore, if nothing else.

I see, I see! Thanks!
I honestly admire how open-minded you are. That's not something you see often nowadays. This forum notwithstanding, of course.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I see, I see! Thanks!
I honestly admire how open-minded you are. That's not something you see often nowadays. This forum notwithstanding, of course.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

It's nice to see others (like yourself) who are so open-minded as well. It's refreshing.

37 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Where do I start with my thoughts on the Heaven's Feel route? I probably should preface this with the fact that I got about two hours into watching an LP of the route, saw how long both it and the VN were, and decided to just look up a detailed summary of it. Like I said before, watching UBW didn't really make me a Fate fan, and knowing the plot of Heaven's Feel hasn't either. It's a solid franchise with good stories, but it's not something I really want to spend much time on. Not enough interest in it for me personally.

You're killin' me, man.
At least in my opinion, sometimes you need to dip your toe into an area you aren't as comfortable in, to appreciate something more. I admit back in the day I really didn't care about fate (and I was also so annoyed I didn't want to try many things in it.) But once I started reading Fate Stay/Night, I really started to appreciate it after Fate route. So yea, I was in your position once, actually, even further back than you. I just think if, you wanna like, try your best to understand this series, you need to give some of the more well received stuff an actual shot. This series isn't for anyone, but it just feels like you're trying to do the least possible, which I don't think is the best to judge fairly. 
I feel there is a certain magic in this series, that make some people really enjoy it. And it certainly isn't the sex scenes for the stuff that has them, since god, they are written fucking horribly.

I appreciate you having an open mind, but I do wish you would maybe try to dip your toe in further and give it a better chance, or just stop trying to prove you wanna learn more and do the least amount.
I mean none of this as offense to you, I'm just a more passionate person about this kind of stuff, and giving things shots in generally, usually. Unless it's something I know I'm not a big fan of, then I just won't act like I am XD