Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Maybe it's a sign that I should be playing Atelier games again.

I think it's time for me too. I made the mistake of playing Sophie shortly after the Dusk trilogy so i kinda got burned out. But with Ryza 2 coming out this Winter, i have time.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it's time for me too. I made the mistake of playing Sophie shortly after the Dusk trilogy so i kinda got burned out. But with Ryza 2 coming out this Winter, i have time.

And I haven't gotten the Dusk trilogy at all yet, even though I really wanted to.
I should probably get on that sometime soon.

Edited by DragonFlames

8 hours ago, Wraith said:

How are you enjoying the game so far Acacia Sgt? 

Well, considering I'm about to finish the main game, it's been a fun ride.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Hot take: Writing thread needs actual good prompts first...

I'd think most of them are fine. The problem is the reception. Maybe some need to step down for a bit if they're not gonna get along every other prompt.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

Speaking of bonus experience on normal mode you can use it generously since the bonus experience gain is dramatically higher than on hard mode. Though I would keep some till the very end to max out everyone's level at the end.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again.

6 hours ago, Wraith said:

No seriously @Benice, how did you get Naliah killed in part 1 of RD? That's like deploying the Black Knight in the final chapter of part 1 and getting him accidentally killed. How do you even do that? 

To my credit, it WAS a misclick. It was that meteor bloke in 1-E, and I had Nailah tank a few hits- she then needed healing to survive the next one, but instead of battle saving I ended the turn and Nailah's life.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

To my credit, it WAS a misclick. It was that meteor bloke in 1-E, and I had Nailah tank a few hits- she then needed healing to survive the next one, but instead of battle saving I ended the turn and Nailah's life.

How?

@twilitfalchion How is Radiant Dawn going for you? If you're about to reach 1-E, there is a rather neat strategy you can use to make it easier on yourself (spoilers just in case):

Give Nailah the skills Savior and Pass, transform her and have her rescue Micaiah on turn 1. You can then just have Nailah run through everything to the throne, defeat the boss and drop Micaiah on the seize point once it's safe for a very easy clear. Just have your other units clear up what Nailah leaves standing and pick up the treasure, if you like.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

thats-rough-buddy.gif

I've had the same kind of thing happen to me before. I click through the menus too fast and mess myself up.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

@twilitfalchion How is Radiant Dawn going for you? If you're about to reach 1-E, there is a rather neat strategy you can use to make it easier on yourself (spoilers just in case):

Reveal hidden contents

Give Nailah the skills Savior and Pass, transform her and have her rescue Micaiah on turn 1. You can then just have Nailah run through everything to the throne, defeat the boss and drop Micaiah on the seize point once it's safe for a very easy clear. Just have your other units clear up what Nailah leaves standing and pick up the treasure, if you like.

Doing well enough. I'm on Ch. 1-5 and have yet to beat it. Micaiah is level 8 and has only gotten 1 point of HP though, so thanks for nothing RNGoddess.

------

Thanks for the tip! 👍

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Doing well enough. I'm on Ch. 1-5 and have yet to beat it.

Ah, the desert map. That one is actually one of my favorite chapters in RD. Good luck with it!

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Micaiah is level 8 and has only gotten 1 point of HP though, so thanks for nothing RNGoddess.

Big OOF.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks for the tip! 👍

You're very welcome!

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, the desert map. That one is actually one of my favorite chapters in RD. Good luck with it!

Thanks. Usually I hate desert maps, but I don't mind this one. The layout doesn't slow my units down nearly as much as FE9 Ch. 15 did so it goes by a lot faster.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Big OOF.

I guess Roger's caught the RNGoddess's attention right now.

Speaking of Roger, I missed his last post. I need to comment on the current one.

Even if Micaiah is a lord, other units need levels and stats more than her like Edward or Nolan. Micaiah is no frontline material anyways, so low HP doesn't really matter. As long her magic and resistance are good and she has leveled speed a little bit at least, she's on the ball. 

1-5 is actually a rather poor chapter because you have to rely on the NPCs. Jill and Zihark can die easily if they act dumb as NPCs are in most cases. Though it's a pseudo defend map which is cool.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks. Usually I hate desert maps, but I don't mind this one. The layout doesn't slow my units down nearly as much as FE9 Ch. 15 did so it goes by a lot faster.

That's part of what I liked about it. The actual desert part is small and you can actually use it against your enemies this time around.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I guess Roger's caught the RNGoddess's attention right now.

Yep, those two have really hit it off.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Speaking of Roger, I missed his last post. I need to comment on the current one.

I commented on it earlier. I missed the last one, too. Feels bad.

12 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Even if Micaiah is a lord, other units need levels and stats more than her like Edward or Nolan. Micaiah is no frontline material anyways, so low HP doesn't really matter. As long her magic and resistance are good and she has leveled speed a little bit at least, she's on the ball. 

1-5 is actually a rather poor chapter because you have to rely on the NPCs. Jill and Zihark can die easily if they act dumb as NPCs are in most cases. Though it's a pseudo defend map which is cool.

Okay, that's good to know. Micaiah is growing well in her other stats, and Edward and Nolan are growing really well overall. The rest of my units (except Laura for the most part) have also gotten some really solid level ups.

40 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's part of what I liked about it. The actual desert part is small and you can actually use it against your enemies this time around.

And then you hit chapter 4-4...

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Doing well enough. I'm on Ch. 1-5 and have yet to beat it. Micaiah is level 8 and has only gotten 1 point of HP though, so thanks for nothing RNGoddess.

The level generator for RD is really janky. 

And it's done, the main game of DQV beaten!

Spoiler

Refighting Nimzo was... well, his form form is more or less like fighting Ladja, up to having the same resistances. Except Nimzo's Zap spell line resistance is 0%. He trades the paralysis and fire breaths for Disruptive Wave and summoning enemies. Which can be either Wrecktors or Killing Machines. Best to have the former. So, strategy was the same. Oomph, Insulatle, then wail on with physical attacks and Kafrizzle, Staff of Salvation and Sage's Stone when needed.

His second form, though, is another story. It consists of three phases, where his actions differ. His elemental resistances drop to 0%, but everything else remains the same. He now adds Bounce, Kaboom, and Kasap to his spell list, and trades ice breath for fire breath. And can now occasionally attack twice per turn. Despite Kasap, Disruptive Wave will remove it, and he rarely attacks physically, so that's not much of a concern... until his last phase, when he now unleashes Desperation Attacks that deal 500% damage. Yikes. Strategy was mostly the same (except for some equipment adjustments to account for now prioritizing fire protection), though I had to heal up more often. Even revive. Yesterday the RNG wasn't favoring me since Nimzo was spamming Disruptive Wave A LOT, but today he did it less often.

It turned into a slog, but eventually, I won! And now, to simply enjoy the ending sequence.

Alright, final boss beaten, but still not done with the game. The postgame will be next, but that's for next time.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The level generator for RD is really janky.

Biorhythm is pretty crappy too. Unless there's something I'm not seeing, biorhythm is why I've had units miss with 85-95 hit rate and get hit by much lower. It didn't mean much in FE9, but IIRC I heard that RD really changed up how it works.

Edited by twilitfalchion

...There’s a novel though, get drunk and play Three Houses. I’ve got a little over a month of paid holiday coming up, so I know what I’m doing when not wasting most of my time reading.

Edited by Wraith

I finished RD today! I found Rebirth 4 to be really easy and cleared it in...what, three turns in one attempt? Also, the sporits randomly having guard even though it was unlisted bugged me a lot. The final map kicked me hard, though. RIP Boyd, but I sacked him so Laura could live. Also, Aurora sucks when you have two uses of Fortify left.

I really loved this game. Aside from part 4, it was pretty dang fun! The music was great and it was overall a very memorable game. I'll definitely play it again, someday.

So, having completed RD, that makes my FE rankings:

FE6=FE10=Berwick saga>FE8>>>FE7>FE2>FE4

Thanks again to shrimpy for helping me out!

My MVPS-

Part 1/Dawn Bridgade- Aran. Carried the mid-lategamd until his low strength cap slowed him down

Part 2-Haar. What a unit. He survived a round of combat with Deghinsea even though he got doubled

Part 3-Ike. Just Ike.

Honorable mentions to Boyd and Laura!

Turn counts: prepare for some LTC strats!

Spoiler

Prologue-1: 13

1-1: 8

1-2: 20

1-3: 22

1-4: 14

1-5: 6

1-6: 31

1-7: 20

1-8:16

1-9: 27

1-E: 21 turns

2-prologue: 9

2-1: 18

2-2: 18

2-3: 19

2-E: 16

3-Prologue: 8

3-1: 9

3-2: 19

3-3: 13

3-4: 18

3-5: 11

3-6: 14

3-7: 13

3-8: 29

3-9: 7

3-10: 9

3-11: 18

3-12: 10

3-13: 5 (THAT'S MY BOY ARAN RIGHT THERE YEETING IKE!)

3-Endgame-6

4-P: 9

4-1: 10

4-2: 15

4-3: 20

4-4: 33

4-5: 19

Rebirth 1: 15

Rebirth 2: 3

Rebirth 3: 17

Rebirth 4: 5

Rebirth 5: 8

For a grand total of...

621 turns, normal mode, and 103 hours.

Unit records-only the notable ones, though.

Spoiler

Boyd-73 wins. Rip, died on the second to last turn of the run.

Giffca, Cainheghis-0. Bigbrain strats.

Brom-15

Why do Elincia and Mist have the same amount of wins at 30?!

Jill-36, still don't understand why she' considerdd to be so good.

Naesala, 53-and he didn't have one until Rebirth started. He totally carried me and got to SS in strike in Rebirth 3

Ilyana-73, not worth the investment

Miccy-83. Died a lot too.

MVP AWARDS, AS DETERMINED BY THE GAME ITSELF!

No. 5

Spoiler

Rolf-20/20 Marskman-179 battles, 104 wins.

No. 4

Spoiler

TIBARN! I messed up in part four during the army split, leading Tibarn to be one of the only units I had who could survive combat.

141 battles, 109 wins!

No.3

Spoiler

Haar! What an absolute god. So good. Saved me in 2-e lots.

339 battles. Wow.

113 wins too.

No.2

Spoiler

Aran-20/13/19 Sentinel- 267 battles, 133 wins. If he had better caps as a sentinel, he'd have a lot more than  this...

Also, what does the game mean by sallies? The amount of times deployed?

No. 1

Spoiler

Big shock, it's Ike. However...

226 battles, 138 wins-despite having, likem ten more chapters of avaliability than Aran, he still only has five more kills!

Whoo! That was a wild ride! What a great game. Also, the Greil merc map theme is easily my favorite in the fanchise, and the rendition of the main theme is also my favorite tha I've heard.

Edited by Benice

Tales of Zestiria is on sale on Humble Bundle for $10. Considering it.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And I haven't gotten the Dusk trilogy at all yet, even though I really wanted to.
I should probably get on that sometime soon.

Just remember that Ayesha might cause you some uneeded stress.

Better to start with Escha & Logy tbh.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

And then you hit chapter 4-4...

That, kids, is why you put all the fliers you can into Micaiah's squad.
Makes that whole ordeal one heck of a lot more tolerable.

Cheese ftw!

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

I finished RD today!

Congratulations! Seems like you enjoyed yourself!

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tales of Zestiria is on sale on Humble Bundle for $10. Considering it.

Eeeh.
Gameplay is like Berseria, but the characters and plot are... eeeeeeh...

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just remember that Ayesha might cause you some uneeded stress.

Better to start with Escha & Logy tbh.

Yeah, I remember your review on Ayesha. It's kinda why I put off getting the whole trilogy, actually.
Maybe I'll just get Escha & Logy, as well as Shallie and skip Ayesha entirely.

---

I beat the last Extra Battle in Fate Extella Link. You have to fight against the final boss of story mode... but this time there's TWO of them. At the same time, of course. I was scared at first, but as it turns out, there exists a Mystic Code (equipment you can use that gives you Code Casts, with which to buff your Servant) that has a bunch of defensive passives, as well as a bunch of defensive Code Casts, one of which is a seven-use invincibility shield... And said invincibility lasts for a while before you have to renew it. I literally took zero damage using the least defensive character in the entire game.
And of course, there was only one way such a fight could end:
"The gods reside in Izumo. True and beautiful, they breathe life into the soil. Amaterasu in the mountain, rivers, and watery heavens. My freedom is the proof of purification, called the Weighted Stone of Tamamo, the mirror of the divine treasure of Uka...! Cleanse the eight souls! The great Amaterasu!"
Damn, Tamamo's Noble Phantasm is chatty...

Now all that's left is unlocking every bond talk with every Servant as well as acquire every Mystic Code to complete the Library, as well as beating every single one of the 27 story mode stages on Very Hard difficulty. And then that will be another game I got the Platinum trophy for. My goal is to do it before Megadimension Neptunia VII comes out on the Switch.

Edited by DragonFlames