Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Wait are there battle saves in this one? “Select a save file to record at the beginning of every turn.”

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

He starts off really good, but he'll fall off eventually-for most players, it's at about ch. 6, but I hear some keep him going for longer. Still, because he's already promoted,  (Promotion doesn't reset level, btw, so the cap is just 30 and you can promote any time after lv. 20) any other unit you use will eventually surpass him.

So there’s no reason to not promote immediately?

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wait are there battle saves in this one? “Select a save file to record at the beginning of every turn.”

Yes, it's one of FE4's most player-friendly features.

Exactly.

Just now, Sooks said:

Yes. Note that there is no way to restart a chapter, so have one save set to the start of the chapter, then switch which slot you're saving to as you reach points where you deem it necessary.

Nope. It doesn't slow down exp gain at all, it just provides better wep. ranks, horses and/or stats.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Leif watching his FE5 companions disappear into the realm of not showing up in a game again

FantasticFreeArcticseal-max-1mb.gif

Seliph Thanos confirmed?

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck...! He even lost August, even though August can't die because he's not playable. Oof!

''Everyone is dead'' -Jackbox announcer

Crits in future FEs.

tenor.gif?itemid=14888678

Crits in SNES FE.

Fp0d97rz o

Just now, Sooks said:

Indeed there are! Really nice feature. In another game I'd call it too much, but this game needs it.

Just now, Sooks said:

Well, you can't promote until level 20, so... No.

Well, actually, you need to go back to base castle to promote. That might be worth considering, if you're close to the end of the chapter sending a unit way back to the beginning will pretty much knock them out of the action until you proceed to the next map.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

He starts off really good, but he'll fall off eventually-for most players, it's at about ch. 6

9a213b1509c02e6eb7c924d7f5bf9916.gif

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait are there battle saves in this one?

Yes.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, even in a substitute run the balance of gen 2 is ridiculous. Did they seriously just give Shanan the Balmung, just like that? He has 30 speed now! He could solo all the maps from here to Hannibal - at least! At least Finn took effort to make amazing in his gen 1 time...

Yeah. Even the best couples struggle to produce someone who can compete with the units the game just gives you for free.
So I really don't think the claim that the game is designed around only using substitutes has any merit.

Edited by BrightBow

Okay I have no idea what I did with Arden but he’s like in the castle now.

Also RIP Midir.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sooks will appreciate this.

Dope.

Yes.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yes, it's one of FE4's most player-friendly features.

Fe4 good guys.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait does he have capped sword rank? Sigood.

Weapon ranks are entirely dependent on class + holy blood.

Minor holy blood increases the rank of the related weapon type by 1.Major holy blood increases the related weapon type to a star rating.
Star ratings are only available to those with major holy blood.

Okay I have no idea what I did with Arden but he’s like in the castle now

He can just leave again next turn.

Note that other castles have arenas and stuff (I think Chalphy doesn't), so check those out too.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, even in a substitute run the balance of gen 2 is ridiculous. Did they seriously just give Shanan the Balmung, just like that? He has 30 speed now! He could solo all the maps from here to Hannibal - at least! At least Finn took effort to make amazing in his gen 1 time...

1RN means his dodgetanking isn't so perfect, and there are a few really strong enemies he may shirk from. And there is a third issue is something that you haven't experienced yet. He is good, but not perfect.

Also, FE4 secretly wishes it was a Musou game.

giphy.gif

A Huang Gai cinematic gif for you, in the old man's one moment of historic glory.

I have no idea who this chick the enemy leader guy is kidnapping is but I like her already.

AZELLE'S FUTURE WIFE

Wait, is he Azel in this patch? Can't remember.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

RD battle saves are superior, IMO, but FE4 battle saves are a surprisingly bit of accessibility in what is an otherwise dated game.

I mean, one of them saves at the start of a turn, the other lets you save whenever. They're basically the same. FE4 sends to back slightly further, but you can keep multiple autosaves, whereas RD lets you screw yourself over if you save at the wrong time. I should know, it's what cost Mist her life in my run.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah. Even the best couples struggle to produce someone who can compete with the units the game just gives you for free.
So I really don't think the claim that the game is designed around only using substitutes has any merit.

Shanan's gonna hit the bench.

...Okay no, maybe I'll just buy him a slim sword. I dunno, he's just dumb. And I've heard Ares is even worse!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay I have no idea what I did with Arden but he’s like in the castle now.

Get him out of there and into the action this moment or I will kill you in real life.

I have no idea who this chick the enemy leader guy is kidnapping is but I like her already.

That's Aideen. Her hair is ridiculous and she married Arden in my run.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The best place for him. Castle guard duty is all he's good for if you want to play optimally.

How dare you. How fucking dare you.

Man, Tristan's bad. Radney and Rodwhatever are fine, but Tristan's just horrible in every way. "Triste" in Spanish means "sad", so I guess it's fitting.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

"Triste" in Spanish means "sad", so I guess it's fitting.

Oh, hey, another word that is literally identical in Spanish and French! Neat.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

And there is a third issue is something that you haven't experienced yet.

Oh dear.

Just now, Benice said:

Wait, is he Azel in this patch? Can't remember.

Azel it is. Abel, Azel and Adel. Kaga's an imaginative man.

I think the game wants me to ship Aideen with Azel.

Jokes on the game, I don’t know how to do that!

Pair her with Arden. You will not regret it.

Why do I need to leave someone at the castle? If I just take out everyone on the left, will anyone even be able to go that castle? I see no reason not to bring Arden with me.