Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Why is this statement so funny to me?

I tried to be true to her logic and character. Wouldn't be surprised if she used that wording. She's a monumental asshole, like that.

I know, she says it herself, she's just a weapon, weapons can't be assholes (though depending on the latest meal, the opposite can be true), but it seems rather than programming her to be rational, they programmed her to rationalize! Her egregious mistakes! I'd never employ her. Lieutenant Expendable at least seemed like he had fun on the job.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh, yeah, forgot to comment. At least for the most part, the hard part is over for me in Victoria 2. Because unlike mods, the vanilla requirements for Manifest Destiny require the US to hold Texas. So no Texas, no MD. Which makes sense, all things considered. So now the US would need to fabricate a CB against me if they want war at all. So long I keep a high military and/or ally a Great Power, then I'm in the clear.

Now me trying to pick a fight with them, on the other hand... although... would be suicidal...

I don't try to go out of my way to get attracted to characters in every single game I play, but Reyn in full jungle wear is unexpectedly getting to me. Watching him run in that skirt is 😋.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Every battle is pretty much a volley of save scumming. As the dice roll every 4-5 in-game days, and RNG gotta RNG. Still...

Does it make historic sense for the US to be that strong? The last war it fought other than Native Americans was the mediocrity called 1812, it wasn't a dominant military power yet.

59 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because this happened. Paradox Games, ladies and gentlemen. Anyway...

...Wasn't one of the quiet reasons the US settled with half of the Oregon Territory instead of all because of the Mexican-American War raging at the time?

59 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've begun to expand too...

🤨

So much for Mexico being a righteous dove, fighting only in self-defense. Embrace your inner imperialist hawk and crawl your way to Panama then when you have the time.

51 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, plan is to turn it the mid-point for eventual adventures on the other side of the old Manila Galleon. Perhaps even recover the Philippines...

Why not thwart the future Spanish-American War by taking Cuba under your wings?

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yep.

Not even in an "I'm a healer but..." sort of way, she just will beat you up.

I think it's better that way, Sharla is forever damned by how heal-centric they made her (which wouldn't be so bad if XC had 4-5 characters per team). Her personality isn't exactly healbot, but more kickass would've helped.

a-selection-of-long-pikachus-pictured-wi

Does this explain the disjointed hitboxes Lightcosmo complains about?

Must be purely coincidental that this mod was completed around the time of Smash. But the "Py & My take over the video game world" jokes write themselves.

Although, is it possible the absence of Kossy in Smash is because Monolith has declared the firelight duo the new future "crossover-into-everything" characters.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I accidentally ended up on conservative YouTube and I am concerned by the ads I am getting. Oh god, rabbit holes are dangerous things.

Run, run fast. Keep your head above the water line, above the quicksand, do not fall into it.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I accidentally ended up on conservative YouTube and I am concerned by the ads I am getting. Oh god, rabbit holes are dangerous things.

use ublock origin. We are in 2021, friend, there's no reason to not use an ad blocker

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes, they'll complain a hundred times over about how they're getting cancelled and silenced by the evil leftist regime, but then Youtube pushes them like crazy. Though the fact that you're concerned about it ensures it won't be so easy for you to fall down. That, and you aren't surrounded by conservatives in your life. That would make it even easier.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does it make historic sense for the US to be that strong? The last war it fought other than Native Americans was the mediocrity called 1812, it wasn't a dominant military power yet.

...Wasn't one of the quiet reasons the US settled with half of the Oregon Territory instead of all because of the Mexican-American War raging at the time?

🤨

So much for Mexico being a righteous dove, fighting only in self-defense. Embrace your inner imperialist hawk and crawl your way to Panama then when you have the time.

Why not thwart the future Spanish-American War by taking Cuba under your wings?

Not really. But game gotta game I guess. Mexico is always Hard Mode no matter what.

Indeed, but like I said before, Victoria 2 is quite barebones. There's no Oregon Crisis programmed in, just colonizable area... that the US can get to before the UK does. The UK, at least, got to colonize the area on the right, effectively blocking the US from just taking it all.

There is no good or evil. Only power, and those too weak to use it...

That's also in the plans...

Speaking of...

PbuUYrc.png

The fragmentation of the FRCA is also nothing special. The game simply spawns nationalist rebels that in turn force it to break down... easy pickings... easy pickings...

Even though at this point Mexico was a Presidential Dictatorship (which in my game would be emboldened by preventing the loss of Texas and beating the freakking US!), the game has it begin simply as a Democracy. So, election time!

6O3McCN.png

They're quite streamlined. 2-3 events pop up where you can change the policies of the populace. Originally they only influenced the POPs of a single state per event, but one of the last updates done to Victoria II made it so the policy shift is national. Thus, it's easier to influence which party can win. Though for this, it was only Jingoism and Pro Military events.

YejA8O2.png

Liberals got crushed hard...

Let's keep going! Too much topics like Xeno or FE lately! It's Paradox Time!

x8x6m4E.png

One of the best inventions to have. Liferating is the bread and butter for colonization. Much of the world is gated behind Liferating. Increasing it allows to colonize it. The tech it comes from, Medicine, is also a must have.

wnTn5VO.png

Because the inventions is holds include a couple that increases POP growth. Usually, as a country in the Americas, Mexico has a bonus to immigrant attraction. But well, it has to compete with the other democracies... including the US... who hoards them all... smh... Thus, get my actually present populace to increase more faster.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Shrimperor said:

cries in solo Fate fan

I mean, I have quite a few things that are also quite the minority, or solo, here, so... screw it, I'll talk about it even if garners no interest!

iM8MaJu.png

All the fighting did wonders to my Prestige. It may have already been noticed in a few of the previous pics, but I'm already among the Top 8, thus after a period of staying there, I'm now a Great Power! Also, yes, Haiti was my next target.

U4wRqIh.png

I'm surprised this doesn't give a bonus other than prestige... but well, helps me safeguard from dropping from the Top 8...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I have quite a few things that are also quite the minority, or solo, here, so... screw it, I'll talk about it even if garners no interest!

That's the attitude!

Edited by Shrimperor

Somewhere in there a bunch of Southerners must be foaming at the mouth as I'm effectively annihilating their desire of the Golden Circle...

Well, I stopped playing for today, so one last pic:

5psS0bU.png

These US stuff I receive notification by default because I'm neighbors. It can be toggled off, but for neighboring countries it turns on automatically. At least when you get them as neighbors. Also, if times don't match it's because they have Militancy and/or Consciousness requirements.

Also, El Salvador (re)conquered. Mexican Reconquista! Darién Gap or bust! What do you mean that wasn't the old Mexican border...?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Let's keep going! Too much topics like Xeno or FE lately! It's Paradox Time!

But... It's a FE forum!

Anyway, imma be honest - I got Victoria II years ago. Me tiny brain couldn't understand a thing, so I quit. Shameful, but what can you do.

Kinda amusing to see how I've become the third most prestigious country in the game. And that alone is what puts me in the Top 8, considering I'm 25th in military and 27th in industry... though likely it's a "7/8th of the world tied in last place because flat 0".

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Somewhere in there a bunch of Southerners must be foaming at the mouth as I'm effectively annihilating their desire of the Golden Circle...

I'm sorry, but is that a real thing you're on about?

Just now, Dayni said:

I'm sorry, but is that a real thing you're on about?

The Golden Circle? Oh yes.

Knights of the Golden Circle - Wikipedia

The Confederate's Wet Dream.

Also... they absolutely... ABSOLUTELY, hated Haiti's existence. No guesses as to why...